Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the last book you read

Heroic Warrior
    Ozma of Oz by L. Frank Baum

Heroic Warrior
    The Most Dangerous Enemy: A History of the Battle of Britain

Totally awesome. If you haven't read it yet I highly reccomend The Patchwork Girl of Oz.

As for myself I just finished Tina Fey's Bossypants and have started A Game of Thrones.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    I love the Patchwork Girl of Oz

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I went from top to bottom over the past few weeks. Read Anna Karenina, which I managed to find both enjoyable and somewhat tedious at the same time, and then (basically, because of a bet) read the entire Twilight series. Now I can say honestly that I've read them. Let us never speak of it again.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz on my kindle, if that counts. I plan on reading Road to Oz tomorrow.

Heroic Warrior
    In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

Bec by Darren Shan

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
    Good choice. I love those books. I picked up the last one but haven't got into it yet.

For me was two Warcraft books. Wolfheart and the precursor to the most recent expasnion Tides of War. Tides of War was epic.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I just read There Once Lived a Woman Who Tried to Kill her Neighbor's Baby: Scary Fairy Tales by Ludmilla Petrushevskaya. It was translated perhaps a bit roughly at times, but had a very bizarre and otherworldly vibe to it, depsite being set amongst very common and poor people in 20th century Russia. Interesting book of short stories.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

The Walking Dead: Compendium 1

Geez I didnt realize 46 comics was so much reading! A great read none-the-less!

I love the differences between the comic and the TV show. It dosent ruin the show because you never know how they are going to change it AND who does not love Darryl Dixon.

Almost time for compendium 2 to come out!!! Not to mention season 3 Oct. 14th on AMC!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Recently finished The Haj by Leon Uris and Ghost Writer by John Harwood. Disliked the former, enjoyed the latter. Currently working through Turn of the Screw, by Henry James.

I finished the Barnes and Nobel collection book of Edgar Rice Burroughs' "Princess of Mars", "Gods of Mars", and "Warlord of Mars", with Thomas Yeats illustrations.

Finished Heart-Shaped Box, by Joe Hill.

Heroic Warrior
    Jumped on the Hunger Games bandwagon. Just finished Catching Fire (the second of the series) and started reading Mockingjay (the last) this afternoon.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Mapping Murder: Walking in Killers' Footsteps by David Canter, PhD, AcSS, FAPA, FBPsS(Hon), FRSM, CPsychol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Finished Heart-Shaped Box, by Joe Hill.
    I loved that book! Joe Hill is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. Horns was even better and 20th Century Ghosts is quite the masterpiece. Can't wait for NOS482.

I just finished The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson last night.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I loved that book! Joe Hill is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. Horns was even better and 20th Century Ghosts is quite the masterpiece. Can't wait for NOS482.

I just finished The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson last night.
    After reading HSB, I may try and track down 20th Century Ghosts. I liked his writing style.

Shirley Jackson's a classic. I've read a few of her stories. (I'm on a whole haunted/ghosts/etc kick this month!)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    After reading HSB, I may try and track down 20th Century Ghosts. I liked his writing style.

Shirley Jackson's a classic. I've read a few of her stories. (I'm on a whole haunted/ghosts/etc kick this month!)
    Read Locke and Key, also. It's a comic series that has been nicely collected in trades by IDW that Joe Hill wrote. Absolutely fantastic.

"We have a Ram-Man"

What counts here? I've read four Princess of Power books from three different series in these past two days. The Crooked Crown was the last of those I finished.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by pH6 View Post
    What counts here? I've read four Princess of Power books from three different series in these past two days. The Crooked Crown was the last of those I finished.
    If it's a book or an e-book, it counts.

Wolves and Werewolves by John Pollard which is a mix of folklore and facts about...well wolves and werewolves

The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice.....not as cool as the Vampire Chronicles but not bad either. I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice.....not as cool as the Vampire Chronicles but not bad either. I enjoyed it.
    ooh is that that werewolf one? I have been meaning to read that. Is it any good? Oh and I have not read any of her vampire books because I am not really a vampire fan, but werewolves I love.