Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Whats the last book you read

Heroic Warrior
    The Road to Oz by L. Frank Baum: This is Oz book #5 and while the plot of the story is good and it introduced us Polychrome, Button Bright, and the Shaggy Man, this has to be my least favorite Oz book. Why you asked? I thought both Dorothy and Ozma were mean in this one. Anyone who has read it, am I the only one that felt bad for the Musiker? It's not his fault, that's how he breathes. I'm thinking you don't invite the Musiker to your party and yet you invite two people who turned two of your friend's heads into animal heads? That's not right. Plus Dorothy was out of character by telling Button Bright he was stupid and her attitude in some scenes.

I'm still reading Star Wars Omnibus: Droids and Ewoks and The Unnofficial Guide to He-man , and I'll begin reading The Emerald City of Oz tomorrow.

I am currently reading Halloween Horrors, which is a compilation of short stories for Halloween. It's a cool looking hard cover that I got at Barnes & Noble for about $13. I've only read a few stories so far but it's definitely a fun read for this time of year!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    Finished The Emerald City of Oz today.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Rachel Maddow's 'Drift'. Very interesting, even to a non-American
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Warrior
    Neptune's Inferno

Snappy Threader
    Just read the Golden book "Caverns of Fear". Haha I know it's a kids book, but I did read it, and reading is half the battle. Oops wrong reference. Ha, but really, I'm not much of a reader (just can't devote hours and hours of my time to it right now) other than comics so it was right up my alley.

Just finished The Hobbit in time for the movie (can't wait!) and just started Fellowship of the Ring. So In going to finish the trilogy and then start the inheritance series.
    Growing old is mandatory but growing up that's optional.

Heroic Warrior
    Finished reading the graphic novel version of The Marvelous Land of Oz. I love the character designs in this one, especially Professor Woggle-bug. I plan on getting Ozma of Oz and also Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz.

Just read The Hobbit in anticipation of the new film.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I am currently reading "The Time Keeper" by Mitch Albom. Once I finish it I will start reading "A Winter Dream" By Richard Paul Evans.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Just finished Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson, it was a great book. Before that I read Mists of Avalon which I thoroughly hated.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    I've recently read No Easy Day by Mark Owen and just finished up Sammy Hagar's autobiography Red. With all this Star Wars hoopla I decided to start reading the Thrawn Trilogy, which would be the first EU anything I've read, other than Star Wars Insider magazine.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Re-started A Game of Thrones and am into it much easier this time around.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Q &A also called Slumdog Millionaire. It was fantastic! I need to see the movie now.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I just got in the mail my Mars Attacks 50th Anniversary Collection book. I've always been intrigued by this series, being gory and lurid, so I decided to buy thi sbook which has reprints of all 55 original cards from th 1962 series as well as unproduced cards, art and information about the controversial series. A great, but light read, however I bought this book to see all the amazing illustrations of Martians destroying Earth. Best thing about this book? It's nothing like the 1994 movie.

Topps did a more recent card series paying tribute to Mars Attacks called Dinosaurs Attack. Those are equally great and I should really get on completing that series by getting the few cards I'm missing.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

cyber-assassin
    the vlad taltos novels by steven brust, star wars unleashed, and horror hotel by dee dee ramone
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

Heroic Warrior
    The Patchwork Girl of Oz

Just finished Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson and I am Not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells.

Heroic Warrior
    Tried reading the Ewoks comics in Star Wars Omnibus: Droids and Ewoks, but lost interest (I'm more of a Droids girl). Gonna start reading The Hobbit to help me get in the mood.

Plus these books:
    The Unnofficial Guide to He-man and the Masters of the Universe
    The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus (to get in the Christmas spirit)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Just finished Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land. Now I'm re-reading the Lord of the Rings, just for kicks, before the new movie comes out. (Re-Read the Hobbit a few weeks ago for the first time since college.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Belgarath the Sorcerer by David & Leigh Eddings....again which brings my total readings to around 10. I just love the book. Also it's time to get a new copy. That poor book has been lugged around through 3 vehicles, 4 jobs & 2 houses. It's in sad shape.

That character, the drunk, promiscuous, ancient wizard is one of my all time favs.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    With all the hoopla over Star Wars recently, I decided to finally read The Thrawn Trilogy. About halfway through Dark Force Rising right now.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Heroic Warrior
    007 Carte Blanche by Jeffery Deaver.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Heroic Warrior
    The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum

Just finished quite a few graphic novels. The last one I read was Louis Riel by Chester Brown. Quite an interesting biographical comic about a prominent Canadian historical figure I had never heard of before.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"