Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Whats the last book you read

I just finished Death Makes a Holiday: A Cultural History of Halloween by David J. Skal. It's annotated like a textbook but readable enough to be pretty entertaining. It's a sociological look at the development of the Halloween holiday via many different cultures and the role that Halloween plays in contemporary American society. A fun October read.

I'm also now fully caught up with IDW's TMNT comic series. Great, great stuff. Probably my favorite TMNT incarnation ever. One of the few books I read monthly versus buying the trades.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

TOTAL RECALLmy unberleavable true life story, its very interesting read its heavy on the body building and heavier on polatics scant on fim memories a ode to Maria and a document that makes him look awe inspireing ,adding to my vast catalouge on mr Arnold worth having more to him than in here but good book inspiring guy

Heroic Warrior
    I recently read "The Dog Stars" by Peter Heller. Oh, man. What a good book. It's about a guy and his dog in about 2025 after a super virus has wiped out 99% of the Earth's population. Amazing. One of the best books I have ever read.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Finished Doctor Sleep by Stephen King, and I must say, it was quite an enjoyable read. Rarely does a sequel compare to its predecessor but I can honestly say that I liked this book more than The Shining.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Finished Doctor Sleep by Stephen King, and I must say, it was quite an enjoyable read. Rarely does a sequel compare to its predecessor but I can honestly say that I liked this book more than The Shining.

I'm buying this for the lib. Thanks for the input
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I'm buying this for the lib. Thanks for the input
    Excellent to hear. All the reviews I've read are agreeing with me as well, so that's a plus.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I mainly only read (auto)biographies nowadays, just can't wrap my mind around reading fiction novels these days. Last book I read was Total Recall ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor