Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (4/1/2012)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (4/1/2012)

Mad props and kudos go out to Scud for adding Preternia.com to Around the Net!

Hordak.de

1. In the Q&A rounds there are often some suggestions made, like an orb holder for King Grayskull's orb that is now coming with the Temple of Darkness Sorceress. Are there any items in MotU Classics that have been inspired by us, who ask questions- and if so, what items are those?

We do look at fan boards and requests and many times our designers who are also huge fans are thinking along the same lines. We also had orbs rolling off our desks and wanted something to hold it!

2. The Snout Spout Staction came with a wrench that could be clipped onto his axe- while the "Jaws of Life" are a cool accessory, this one was somehow missing. Can we hope for this little accessory maybe with a later figure - or even a fire fighters two pack?

It is always possible but nothing is planned right now.

3. If Man-At-Arms would have been released in a two-pack, who would he have been packed with?

He would be great paired with any number of characters both villains or heroes. But there are no 2 packs planned right now.

4. There have often been some informations on upcoming figures been leaking. Have you shuffled any figures to keep the surpise factor, after those figures have been rumored?

No, we don't have the time table to change anything. This is why we try to keep our announcements until we are ready. If you want to be surprised, stop reading leaks! You can't have it both ways.

5. Congratulations for explaining, why Faker is blue-skinned! But... if Gar are not trustworthy on Eternia... why is Sy-Klone a member of the Masters of the Universe?

Keep reading the bios!
    MOTUClassics.com

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: We understand that all of Mattel figures are subject to the same safety standards regardless of the ‘adult collector’ label, but do the Snakemen teeth have to be so rounded/dull? Is there anyway to make them appear more fierce and stay within safety guidelines?

Yes, we do have standards. Although these are adult collectables out of the box they work as kids toys so we have to apply that standard.
    http://www.MOTULA.foroactivo.net

1-If the equipment wore by Zodac Zur and Kar-Tor were given to them alongside their roles as Enforcers, where did The Goddess get the one she gave to Wun Dar?

-That will be revealed in time.

2-Once the remaining 2 characters from the 30th ann have been revealed, could we then look at the bios and see something that will "relate" those six characters to one another? I mean would there be an underlying motive for those 6 characters to belong on the same line?

-No, all 6 will not be related. But some will.

3-Since He-Ro and Grayskull used the same sword at one point or another did they have the same strenght as He-Man?

-No. He-Man has the most.

4-Now, with Filmation rights, you can make high fan-demanded characters, such as The Sea Hawk. If Sea Hawk comes out, which version do you like to see? Normal version or with weapons and equipment from his father Falcon (as we saw him in "Anchors Aloft" episodes)? I'm such a big fan of this character and even I know that there are no concrete plans to see him I hope him to be released in MOTUC someday.

-That remains to be seen. We don't have a Sea Hawk figure planned right now so this conversations simply has not happened.

5-If Adam and Adora are Grayskull descendants, and Grayskull has a deceased brother, who follows this kinship to the twins? Does Grayskull has any sons? Are we going to see the full kinship to the present?

-Always possible. Keep reading the bios!
    Preternia.com NEW!!!

Now that you have the Filmation rights, would a Filmation Skeletor be more of an added head to another figure ala Demo-Man, or his own release in the variant quarterly slot?

While we are going to be doing new Filmation characters (like Shadow Weaver) in Classics style, there really aren’t plans to do “animated” versions of the characters or Filmation versions unless the Filmation version is extremely different from the vintage/classic toy. King Randor is a good example as his Filmation look was very different from his toy.

The TRU Bizarro/Battle Armor Fakor went really fast and was never available at actual retail. Is there any plans to revisit the Battle Armor Fakor figure or even a reissue of that two-pack?

No, there will be no further production of this 2 pack.

Are Filmation variants going to be taking up the quarterly variant slots or will they be more like Vikor where they are different enough that they deserve their own monthly slot?

As mentioned above, if a character had a true different version/outfit in either Filmation or 200X they could be a candidate for a Quarterly slot. Randor (once again) is an example that works for both series actually! (not that this is a hint, just a good visual example).

When do you think we will get our first look at Granamyr?

He will be shown at SDCC.

I’m sure by now you have seen some of the Castle Greyskull front dioramas various people on the internet have made. Is there any consideration to doing a display piece like this instead of a full on playset that could cost multiple hundreds of dollars?

We have brought this to management several times and they were very clear that if we were to do Castle Grayskull we would not want to compromise and go all the way with a full playset.
    Infinite Hollywood

1. With so many diverse toy lines out there, especially ones aimed at the collector's market, what do you attribute MOTUC's success to?

Passionate fans and a great bank of characters to choose from. In the end it is all the fans.

2. If you make a Gwildor figure, what's the over/under on him coming with a bucket of chicken?

Oh, totally must do the bucket of chicken!

3. Will Mattel every pursue a Julie Winston figure? Just like the Filmation rights were once off the table, will that be something that you might eventually want?

Not while the 1987 movie rights are unavailable.
    ElkkThunder's Toyroom

Any update on the Digital River enhancements to the website for subscribers.

Yes. It is coming. Right now the lawyers are holding it up while contracts are signed. But we are close!

There was a user report of credit card being stolen after use on Mattycollector. This was posted and then subsequently reports being called by Digital River- is this anything you have heard about?

We investigated this and it turned out to be not true. The post was a fraud, not the incident.
    Kastor's Korner

Kastor's Korner: Recently, we noticed a figure named "Double Trouble" in the Skylanders toy series. Will this cause a potential problem with naming the Princess of Power character, like it did for Flipshot/ Icarius?

Matty: It is possible. We will have to cross that bridge when we come to her. It may be a case of a new name like Battle Fist vs. Fisto. But it will be the same character.

Kastor's Korner: The final release Temple of Darkness Sorceress was confirmed to have Teela's boots at Toy Fair, but is there a chance she can have Teela's entire legs, including the hip swivel that is missing on the new v.2 female body? We have really been missing this joint on the newer MOTU women.

Matty: No. We are only changing the boots.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.popculturenetwork.com/
    http://www.figures.com/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.motucfigures.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    The Ultimate She-Ra Guide
    MOTUClassics.com
    www.MOTULA.foroactivo.net
    http://www.preternia.com NEW!!!

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 3, 2012 at 02:22pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Butter knife teeth.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    No, we don't have the time table to change anything. This is why we try to keep our announcements until we are ready. If you want to be surprised, stop reading leaks! You can't have it both ways.

Yes, Thanks for the snarky responses.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I like leaks.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Does the person answering the questions have any sort of reading comprehension? Half the answers totally missed the point of the questions.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Out of 6 questions so far...

2 x "but nothing is planned right now"
    1 x "keep reading the bios"
    ------------------------
    *does 3 shots*
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Curious as to WHAT leaks they are referring to...

Who is rumored? A PM would be FABULOUS!

Maybe Vertigoink's old post about what he knows is being sculpted.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    WOW. These Matty Q&A's sure are great. Loving all these "in depth" and industry "shattering" news.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Thanks Scud!

Well, RockinHard is going to be pleased! He wants a Filmation Randor...

3. If Man-At-Arms would have been released in a two-pack, who would he have been packed with?

He would be great paired with any number of characters both villains or heroes. But there are no 2 packs planned right now.
    This answer makes so little sense it isn't funny.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Snappy Threader
    4. There have often been some informations on upcoming figures been leaking. Have you shuffled any figures to keep the surpise factor, after those figures have been rumored?

That was kind of a rude answer. I don't think they were saying they did or didn't want to be surprised, they were just asking if they reshuffle the deck when leaks are made. I enjoy these Q & A's, or well I used to, but I am really growing tired of the smart-@$$ answers when they aren't warranted or needed.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    if you translate the answer it reads as follows...

"WHAT? How the hell should I know?... He could be packed with just about anyone, If your asking who I would like to see him packed with --- I really couldn't tell you, way too much effort to think about that. I'm busy... go away!"

I can't wait to see Granamyr!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Awww the pressure is getting to poor ole' Scooter! No seriously though people- stop leaking all over the line!

Also I totally call Goddess being a Trollan goddess or something to explain why she had access to the vest- or they will use Guardians of Grayskull but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    It is sounding more and more that they have the fine folks who take calls at DR answering these questions. Maybe just a small language barrier between those asking the questions and those answering!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't see why we even have a Q&A. Mattel never wants to reveal anything anyway. The answers are always just like the 30th figures, unimpressive and lacking imagination (with the exception of Draego-Man).

Heroic Warrior
    Didn't you guys hear? Being rude to your customer base is the new Black.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Didn't you guys hear? Being rude to your customer base is the new Black.

I don't see why we even have a Q&A. Mattel never wants to reveal anything anyway. The answers are always just like the 30th figures, unimpressive and lacking imagination (with the exception of Draego-Man).
    Some times they DO tell us stuff. Occasionally an answer is either informative (Only really different Filmation looks are allowed) OR controversial (the Wind Raider's only did "okay"). The sucky part is that there are alot of stock answers to weed through.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Does the person answering the questions have any sort of reading comprehension? Half the answers totally missed the point of the questions.
    LOL..i was thinking the same thing

Heroic Warrior
    Is there any knowledge as to who does the answering?
    And is it who I think it is?
    And does he always give the answers?

Yes, Thanks for the snarky responses.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I'm stoked for the possibility of a Filmation Randor. I'd love to get Teela and Evil-Lyn as well.