Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (4/1/2012)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    This is so stupid:

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: We understand that all of Mattel figures are subject to the same safety standards regardless of the ‘adult collector’ label, but do the Snakemen teeth have to be so rounded/dull? Is there anyway to make them appear more fierce and stay within safety guidelines?

Yes, we do have standards. Although these are adult collectables out of the box they work as kids toys so we have to apply that standard.

I still do not understand this. NECA sells their toys in stores for adults and they do not have to abide by safefy crap.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Terry Higuchi on RGD said Mattel has their own standards of safety.

Mattel made me a customiser.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I can't wait to see Granamyr!
    I really do think that considering the high price of Granamyr and the fact that he is supposed to come out early this fall (although that could always change) Mattel should be showing him early to start amassing support.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I forget, is Granaymr in the sub?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I really do think that considering the high price of Granamyr and the fact that he is supposed to come out early this fall (although that could always change) Mattel should be showing him early to start amassing support.
    Why, when they can release him in December when people are broke, have him sell out in 3 days, and then blame the customers because he only did "ok"? That seems like a way better business plan to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    I forget, is Granaymr in the sub?
    Outside of the sub.

Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Heroic Warrior
    think, the Filmation Skeletor is worthy a seperate variant head. The shape of the skull with the angry eyeholes is completly different.

It's the same thing as with Alcala Skeletor...

Heroic Warrior
    This round of Q's and A's was interesting.

No, we don't have the time table to change anything. This is why we try to keep our announcements until we are ready. If you want to be surprised, stop reading leaks! You can't have it both ways.
    I like taking leaks....oh wrong conversation?????

I love how there is always at least one really rude, arrogant answer....and this is what I am saying about with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    This is so stupid:

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: We understand that all of Mattel figures are subject to the same safety standards regardless of the ‘adult collector’ label, but do the Snakemen teeth have to be so rounded/dull? Is there anyway to make them appear more fierce and stay within safety guidelines?

Yes, we do have standards. Although these are adult collectables out of the box they work as kids toys so we have to apply that standard.

I still do not understand this. NECA sells their toys in stores for adults and they do not have to abide by safefy crap.
    Then what is the "Adult Collector" part for exactly??? Why use it, if it means it still has to be safe for kids?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Any update on the Digital River enhancements to the website for subscribers.

Yes. It is coming. Right now the lawyers are holding it up while contracts are signed. But we are close!

I hope it come soon. I've been trying to get an issue with a damaged Sorceress resolved since she arrived. DR is straight up ignoring me. I've talked to so many names at DR its ridiculous and the issue goes unresolved.
    Last edited by davidlogan; April 3, 2012 at 12:37am. Reason: Cause I can't afford to hire a proof reader
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder why "lawyers" are involved with this... Is it common procedure, or perhaps it's a Mattel vs. DR senario. Or maybe it's none of my flippin' business.

Whatever, It's really just delay after delay, excuse after excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Then what is the "Adult Collector" part for exactly??? Why use it, if it means it still has to be safe for kids?
    I agree with you but it was explained in the Roast Gooble Dinner (do not remember the number) when someone asked about Sorceress huge shoulders. The original Sorceress by 4H was better but very fragile so they create something like kid-resistant drum shoulders only because they follow the same standards that they use for all toys. So "Adult Collector" is just for us to know that it is created for us, and seem to be nothing to do with the design of the figures

There was a user report of credit card being stolen after use on Mattycollector. This was posted and then subsequently reports being called by Digital River- is this anything you have heard about?

We investigated this and it turned out to be not true. The post was a fraud, not the incident.

What is this?

I certainly hope this is in reference to someone else's post, though I can't imagine whose.

I'm sorry, but just because Mattel is a big corporation doesn't mean it can side-step laws.
    My post was not a fraud, and what you (Scott, or your intern) said amounts to slander, or perhaps libel.

I did not lie about any of this. I am not some whacko who makes up things to make people angry at Mattel or Digital River. They don't need my help garnering customers' ire.

I cannot believe, that after 30 years of my parents and then I buying tens of thousands of dollars worth of Mattel product, this comment was made. I'm being accused, in a public forum, of being a fraud and/or making a fraudulent statement?

Considering the fact that the rep from Digital River didn't follow up about what my credit card company told me, I'm a bit confused as to why Scott/Mattel is now saying they investigated this and found it to be untrue. How exactly was this determined? By a guess?

Big mistake, Mattel.
    Last edited by bcrduke; April 2, 2012 at 11:45pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'm guessing your fraud case was not the one this Pr generated answer is referring to. We did recently have a customer claiming to have had his card stolen and after involving the authorities to try and help it was uncovered that the customer was lying and there was no stolen card.

Guessing from your post that you are not the case this answer was referring to! But a case did happen. Perhaps you had a similar but different experience. So sorry to hear.

My case involved my credit card company contacting me, my posting a warning on here so that people could proactively prevent fraudulent charges, and then a DR rep calling me... I posted about all of this because instead of the DR rep initially just apologizing, she suggested that my credit card company was wrong and that DRI had never been hacked. She then commented on my posts. I found it all rather inappropriate, as did everyone here. I pointed out to her the published cases of hacking, as well as their odd system failure in late Feb, just before the security issue that my card company contacted me about. She was then very helpful when it came to updating my subscription payment method, and ensuring my March figure was processed.

I don't remember anyone else posting about this, unless it was on the Matty forum or the Facebook page (both of which I hardly ever visit just due to lack of time). So you can imagine how I might think this comment was one regarding my experience.

Glad to hear that it was not.
    Last edited by bcrduke; April 3, 2012 at 12:09am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    My case involved my credit card company contacting me, my posting a warning on here so that people could proactively prevent fraudulent charges, and then a DR rep calling me... I posted about all of this because instead of the DR rep initially just apologizing, she suggested that my credit card company was wrong and that DRI had never been hacked. She then commented on my posts. I found it all rather inappropriate, as did everyone here. I pointed out to her the published cases of hacking, as well as their odd system failure in late Feb, just before the security issue that my card company contacted me about. She was then very helpful when it came to updating my subscription payment method, and ensuring my March figure was processed.

I don't remember anyone else posting about this, unless it was on the Matty forum or the Facebook page (both of which I hardly ever visit just due to lack of time). So you can imagine how I might think this comment was one regarding my experience.

Glad to hear that it was not.
    Yeah, I know as a fact the case the Ask Matty answer is discussing involved someone on the Mattycollector forums because I had to get involved. I didn't even know you had a similar case until I read your post here just now.

Also, to answer questions from above, yes as confirmed on RGD episodes by Terry and myself, Mattel product is tested as it appears outside of the package. So a MOTUC figure which looks and works basically like a standard boys action figure is tested thus. The "Adult Collector" on package does not affect safety or anything like that. It is just a fun way of making the figures appeal to collectors as oppose to writing 6+ on them. The reason other companies like NECA can do what they do is because they clearly have much different safety standards compared to Mattel. After all, we also make baby product and have a lot of universal safety measures for all company product that NECA does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Yeah, I know as a fact the case the Ask Matty answer is discussing involved someone on the Mattycollector forums because I had to get involved. I didn't even know you had a similar case until I read your post here just now.
    Thank you for clarifying. I appreciate that.

I also want to say that if the rep who helped me is any sign of what is to come with the new dedicated customer service people, then we should be glad. She was very good about updating my account with the new credit card, and confirming that the update had taken place. I was very happy with all of that.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So it lookis like the DCUAll_Stars line has been canned.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    The problem with these Q&A's is that sometimes people ask questions that they simply CAN NOT answer. Other times, they ask questions that have been asked REPEATEDLY. Occasionally we get an answer we weren't expecting that tells us something. I don't think they intend to come across as snarky in some of the answers. But really, anyone expecting a diamond in the rough out of these probably has their hopes set too high.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Court Magician
    Yes, many of the answers are evasive, but most of the questions are either repetitive or purely hypothetical or proprietary. And as far as toy safety goes, if it looks like a child might want to play with it, then a child will want to play with it, and probably will.
    --Brent
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    The problem with these Q&A's is that sometimes people ask questions that they simply CAN NOT answer. Other times, they ask questions that have been asked REPEATEDLY. Occasionally we get an answer we weren't expecting that tells us something. I don't think they intend to come across as snarky in some of the answers. But really, anyone expecting a diamond in the rough out of these probably has their hopes set too high.
    As I'm doing the q&a for hordak.de I know that problem. It gets hard to find good questions. People in our forum ask things I can answer without asking Mattel all the time... when and how... Mattel just can't/ won't answer that. So I try to find questions that could reveal little tidbits.. but although I have two weeks of time it's not always easy to come up with good questions. You have to try to not be offensive... but seeing how my Man-At-Arms questions has been answered... well D'OH!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Have to admit that im disappointed on the upper management decision on Grayskull, id much rather a Grayskull facade (front) then nothing at all, this line is aimed at the adult collector but stated they want it to be a playset or nothing, playsets are aimed more at the child then adult collector.

Dont get me wrong, if there were a playset id play with it with my girls but id rather a facade then nothing especially when there is speculation on the high dollar amount for grayskull.

Readind TGs blogs and some of the dumb decisions upper management makes im not surprised here.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!