Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (4/1/2012)

It's funny that one of the questions that was asked was incorrect to begin with, and was answered. Here it is: 2. "If you make a Gwildor figure, what's the over/under on him coming with a bucket of chicken?

Oh, totally must do the bucket of chicken!"

Gwildor never had chicken, it was a bucket of BBQ Ribs. Just a piece of info if they really did want to make that accessory for fans.

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    Gwildor never had chicken, it was a bucket of BBQ Ribs. Just a piece of info if they really did want to make that accessory for fans.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    The problem with these Q&A's is that sometimes people ask questions that they simply CAN NOT answer. Other times, they ask questions that have been asked REPEATEDLY. Occasionally we get an answer we weren't expecting that tells us something. I don't think they intend to come across as snarky in some of the answers. But really, anyone expecting a diamond in the rough out of these probably has their hopes set too high.
    I tend to agree with this statement and was thinking the same thing. For some of these questions, the answer can be anticipated ahead of time. We know by now that they're unlikely to reveal when a character is going to be produced in the Q&As.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Also, to answer questions from above, yes as confirmed on RGD episodes by Terry and myself, Mattel product is tested as it appears outside of the package. So a MOTUC figure which looks and works basically like a standard boys action figure is tested thus. The "Adult Collector" on package does not affect safety or anything like that. It is just a fun way of making the figures appeal to collectors as oppose to writing 6+ on them. The reason other companies like NECA can do what they do is because they clearly have much different safety standards compared to Mattel. After all, we also make baby product and have a lot of universal safety measures for all company product that NECA does not.
    Thank you for this response... I was wondering why the "Adult Collector" tag was put on it but yet all of the safety standards (like the rounding off of Draego's sword flames).
    I thought it was put on their so people wouldn't "play" with them and have them explode like the Goddess. (I'm just messing with ya!). (For the record, my Goddess is still in perfect condition!)

But seriously, thank you for the clarity...it makes sense. Mattel has to have stricter safety standards because they have a wide variety of age groups that they cater to whereas a smaller company like NECA only focuses on older "kids" and adults. My question is...you said that you have universal safety measures and that you make baby toys as well as adult toys. I can't imagine that the same safety measures go into play with a 6+ toy that goes into a baby toy. You don't include small pieces in a baby toy but can put them into a 6+ toy...so, likewise, why can't you put sharp edges on an "adult" toy and not on a 6+ toy?

(PS...CURSE you ToyGuru...The Mighty Spector is really growing on me...)

Heroic Warrior
    Kastorskorner.com updated with fresh Matty answers....

And just to make it clearer. The bucket Gwildor had was full of Ribs and Chicken. Gwildor and Teela had ribs, Man-At-Arms had a piece of chicken.

I enjoy these even though they aren't able to answer some of the questions asked.

I am a bit curious as to why some fans think this is more of a 'matty interrogation' or 'matty spoiler time' where they have to answer anything we ask.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    They don't have the movie rights, and the original Gwildor didn't have a bucket accessory, so I'm kind of doubting our favorite Thenurian is going to get his ribs. Maybe a bucket of KFC if they can wangle those rights...

As for the safety standards, I understand the difference. NECA is only known for making collectors figures, whereas the Mattel label is far more likely to be associated with kids toys. And for those who want some sharper teeth and such, I refer you to the Heap figure made by McFarlane many years ago. You can't even pick him up without taking a chance of gouging out a piece of skin because a lot the pieces of trash imbedded in him are sharp as glass. I like to be able to pick up my figures without needing first aid afterwards...
    Last edited by scott metzger; April 3, 2012 at 09:40am.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    It's funny that one of the questions that was asked was incorrect to begin with, and was answered. Here it is: 2. "If you make a Gwildor figure, what's the over/under on him coming with a bucket of chicken?

Oh, totally must do the bucket of chicken!"

I think it was a combo bucket, containig ribs, chicken, and even a cup of gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I think it was a combo bucket, containig ribs, chicken, and even a cup of gravy.
    Oh I made my post clearer above for those who might have wondered what I was saying. It was a bucket of ribs, chicken, and a container of BBQ sauce.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Preternia.com NEW!!!

Now that you have the Filmation rights, would a Filmation Skeletor be more of an added head to another figure ala Demo-Man, or his own release in the variant quarterly slot?

While we are going to be doing new Filmation characters (like Shadow Weaver) in Classics style, there really aren’t plans to do “animated” versions of the characters or Filmation versions unless the Filmation version is extremely different from the vintage/classic toy. King Randor is a good example as his Filmation look was very different from his toy.

Are Filmation variants going to be taking up the quarterly variant slots or will they be more like Vikor where they are different enough that they deserve their own monthly slot?

As mentioned above, if a character had a true different version/outfit in either Filmation or 200X they could be a candidate for a Quarterly slot. Randor (once again) is an example that works for both series actually! (not that this is a hint, just a good visual example).

Well....Well..... Well ! This is going make TRUE Filmation (Variant) fans/lovers very... very SAD & ANGRY !!!!

MOTUC will NEVER be complete without Filmation Heads like Skeletor, Mer-Man, Teela ETC !!! Heck, I am damn ready to buy these as full figures too !!!

You give Alcala Skeletor head (FYI - this was also from "animated" comic book), which I am ABSOLUTELY happy about.... but then, refusing for Filmation version head ???

This is such a SHAMEFULL DECISION by Mattel & TG !!

Scott, you have made my day..................... (DISGUSTED) !!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by TUC138; April 3, 2012 at 09:58am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

And just to make it clearer. The bucket Gwildor had was full of Ribs and Chicken. Gwildor and Teela had ribs, Man-At-Arms had a piece of chicken.
    And thus the characters discarded their vegetarianism at a whim, simply because the food tasted good. That is the point that Gwildor & MAA themselves became villains in the movie, damning themselves as weak & frivolous.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    And thus the characters discarded their vegetarianism at a whim, simply because the food tasted good. That is the point that Gwildor & MAA themselves became villains in the movie, damning themselves as weak & frivolous.
    That is hilarious!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    He-Man and the Raiders of the Kentucky Fried Chicken

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Well....Well..... Well ! This is going make TRUE Filmation (Variant) fans/lovers very... very SAD & ANGRY !!!!

MOTUC will NEVER be complete without Filmation Heads like Skeletor, Mer-Man, Teela ETC !!! Heck, I am damn ready to buy these as full figures too !!!

You give Alcala Skeletor head (FYI - this was also from "animated" comic book), which I am ABSOLUTELY happy about.... but then, refusing for Filmation version head ???

This is such a SHAMEFULL DECISION by Mattel & TG !!

Scott, you have made my day..................... (DISGUSTED) !!!!!!!!!!
    breath man, "there really aren’t plans to do “animated” versions "

Does not mean never and you do know that if they do have this planned they sure as heck are not going to tell us in a random QA

And Im sorry you are overstating how bad it would be if we never got filmation Skelly and Heman, when this line ends there will be 100 different people with a 100 different figures that should have been made to "complete" the line.

I 100% guarantee if they made Filmation Heman and Skelly but never made sea hawk or Gwildor or any other random figure, there would be people upset. Its a lose lose situation, they will never be able to make everyone ones collection "complete"
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I was just coming to post exactly this! It wasn't Chicken! Wasn't the restaurant called "Ronnie's Ribs" or something like that?
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I was just coming to post exactly this! It wasn't Chicken! Wasn't the restaurant called "Ronnie's Ribs" or something like that?
    just watched it on youtube, bucket needs ribs and chicken!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Actually, it was "Ribs & Chicken"

That was part of the name of the store. MAA had a drumstick. Teela and Gwildor had ribs.

Now who is Nerd of the Universe?? :o
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

With all of the cool accessories that Gwildor COULD come with (Mighty Spector's missing whip, an unmasked Spector head, etc), why would anyone want a bucket of chicken an ribs?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Actually, it was "Ribs & Chicken"

That was part of the name of the store. MAA had a drumstick. Teela and Gwildor had ribs.
    Teela ate the meat too!?

Disappointing.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Teela ate the meat too!?

Disappointing.
    Teela is disgusted, stops eating right away when Duncan tells her it's a rib and says: "what a barbaric world".
    Gwildor stops eating, stares at the rib and says puzzled: "it tasted good".
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Teela is disgusted, stops eating right away when Duncan tells her it's a rib and says: "what a barbaric world".
    I feel better now.

I feel better now.
    my good deed for the day
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Gwildor does drink that barbecue sauce like its going out of style, though!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    My "Want" List : Lord Dactys, Miro, NA Skeletor, Netossa, Rattlor, Oo-Larr, Roger Sweet Trio, Procrustus, Hydron, Mekaneck, Fang Man, Castaspella, Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Prahvus, Shokoti, Glimmer, Captain Randor, Rio Blast
    Interesting "want" list you have there, Bcrduke!!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL: