Thread: Support Thread for More 11" Princess of Power Figures like 2016 SDCC She-Ra!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Support Thread for More 11" Princess of Power Figures like 2016 SDCC She-Ra!

If fans want more Princess of Power figures like the 11 inch SDCC She-Ra, this is the place to let your voices be heard! Garrett Sander said he would love to do an entire line like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Is there a chance we could see more Princess of Power characters in the future, or was the She-Ra/Adora set created with the idea that it would only be a one-off like the Polly Pocket set?
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettSander View Post
    That's up to the fans! Please voice you all want more! Darren and I would love to do an entire line like this!!!
    I personally want a Catra with Filmation and Classic Toy outfits, to go with She-Ra.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Yes! I want more of these! Starting with Catra, and I'd love for them to go on with the rest of the characters in the POP world.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Yes!

I would love to see the entire vintage line reimagined in this style!

Vote in my poll:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2016-Exclusive
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Interestingly, these might pair well with the upcoming Mondo He-Man 12" line....
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats 5 Beast Men. 3 Camo Khans. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Interestingly, these might pair well with the upcoming Mondo He-Man 12" line....
    Oh, yes. Very excited for the Mondo line, too!

I would support this But, the prices would need to be a little lower I think (around $50 ).
    Maybe if we didn't have so many accessories this would be possible (I love She-Ra as she is and is nice she
    has all the extra stuff--but I don't think a lot of other Pop figures would need this )

Lower the price and I'd buy Catra, Frosta and Castaspella.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Trap Jaw
    Coming.... Classics Vultak
    Wanted.... Classics Masque & Callix?
    Considering....
    Needed....

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Add me to the list to see a line of 1:6 scale PoP figures. I'd really like to see how Garrett and Darren handle Catra and especially, Scorpia! To have a full run of the PoP gals, at a more reasonable non SDCC price tag would be great, although I'm fine with She-ra's price point. I'd like to have both Filmation and vintage looks for each one that have two distinct looks be included as well.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!! Vote in this HatMOTU poll for Filmation characters not found in the "official" fan poll: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20#post3607720

If this becomes a new line I'm all in
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015
    I really really hate BS Hordak

At very least I'd like to get Catra in this style.

Heroic Warrior
    Would love to see a Catra in this Style with interchangeable costumes (Filmation/Toy).

I'm all for getting a full Princess of Power line in this style! Obviously I want Star Sisters the most, though. If Mattel gets around to making them again, can the team please include versions based on their saturated American Mattel Toys catalog colors and fashions? I realize the vintage toy prototypes likely aren't as dark as that catalog photo, but those were the favorites out of all known examples. However, we ended up getting obscure PoP magazine poster versions in Masters of the Universe Classics. Anyhow, I would love to see Tallstar with dark raspberry-red hair (it's like that in the cartoon), Jewelstar with transparent red glitter-infused crystal parts, sparkling mylar streaks in their hair...the whole shebang.

Sorry for the speech. Just trying to be proactive.

AMERICAN MATTEL TOYS CATALOG

CARTOON COMPARISON

CUSTOM

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Yes I'd love to see this. However, I want it to be priced, designed and marketed first for kids, while secondarily appealing to collectors. For this purpose, simply rehashing things straight from the vintage line or Filmation will probably not cut it. Use this line to reestablish the brand among new generations, not to cater to a niche, aging collector fanbase, PLEASE!

Widget
    I'm interested, but first make SDCC She-Ra available on Mattycollector for non-attendees!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug-Eye View Post
    I'm interested, but first make SDCC She-Ra available on Mattycollector for non-attendees!
    But, that's what SDCC She-Ra is for. People going to SDCC. I'm already assuming I won't get this She-Ra, since I'm not attending SDCC. If I snag a leftover post-Con, I'll consider it incredible luck.

Now if we can help nudge Mattel towards an actual She-Ra retail line, well...forget SDCC She-Ra; we and countless others will be able to pick up a much cheaper She-Ra, which will be the truly special She-Ra figure. THAT is the She-Ra I REALLY want, not some fancy pants SDCC one.

It seems to me that the highly articulated body style and just the overall presentation of SDCC She-Ra was designed to appeal mostly to adult collectors. So, personally I don't think there would be anything wrong with it if most of the the input, so far as fashion design choices, colors etc., came from adult collectors.

Even in the context of a new retail doll line aimed at kids (which I am totally in support of), most of what worked in the vintage toy line and Filmation can still work today. I mean, wild hair colors, streaked hair, gimmicks etc. are more relevant than ever. The only thing that has really changed with kids these days is that dolls with Monster High (or Monster High-like) proportions are up there in popularity with the traditional Barbie doll. I'd totally be up for dolls being made on that kind of "buck", too, for kids.

But I think the basic shapes, colors and so on of something like the vintage Star Sisters, for example, can be translated to and work very well in a new retail doll line, using today's technology, with plenty of room for the Mattel designers to add their own flair to it.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

It would be interesting to see what kind of longevity a line like this might have. I might be on board but the price will have to drop by quite a bit. I am not interested in paying much over $40.00 for these type of figures.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I'm all in for a full line!

The longing for Mermista begins anew!

I support the idea of a full line with rooted hair, articulation, clothes, weapons, etc. BUT would prefer the scale to be 6" (a la DC Super Hero Girls) than a full 11" tall figure. It's a selfish wish, as I just don't have the space to collect a full line of 11" PoP gals & guys.
    Plus, it would keep this year's SDCC Exclusive "special".
    Maybe they can do both scales? Don't DC Super Hero Girls have a line of bigger dolls to accompany the smaller action figures?
    Last edited by zodak74; Yesterday at 11:56am.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    I'd like to see this group plus Spinnerella, Entrapta, Netossa and Double Trouble, oh, and Mermista too:

I'd definitely be down for a full line. I'd love to see all the POP characters in this style and I'd also take plenty of MOTU characters as well, even He-Man!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy