Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ToyNewsi MOTUC Poll About Line's Possible Cancellation

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

ToyNewsi MOTUC Poll About Line's Possible Cancellation

Right now, www.toynewsi.com has a poll on their main page about MOTUC:

Do you care if Mattel cancels Masters of the Universe Classics?

Yes - 40%

No - 32%

Never collected in the first place - 28%

Total votes: 1196
    If you want to see MOTUC continue, I urge you to vote YES in their poll. I'm sure Mattel will look at it with great interest. You do not need to register. Just go to www.toynewsi.com and vote.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Done! Yes!!!!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

I want the MOTUC line to continue in 2017, but I'm NOT going to vote on that poll. I think it's damaging to the lines future since it's open to anyone to vote which is going to sway the results. Anyone who dislikes MOTU or even Mattel and has never bought a MOTUC item is going to vote NO. All it will do is give Mattel more amunition to cancel the line.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I want the MOTUC line to continue in 2017, but I'm NOT going to vote on that poll. I think it's damaging to the lines future since it's open to anyone to vote which is going to sway the results. Anyone who dislikes MOTU or even Mattel and has never bought a MOTUC item is going to vote NO. All it will do is give Mattel more amunition to cancel the line.
    I understand where you're coming from, and agree people without interest in MOTU, or those upset for some reason with Mattel may vote no. ToyNewsI put the poll up and I'm sure Mattel will look at it very closely. The only power we have is to let them know we still want to collect Masters of the Universe Classics.

I'm still dying for certain figures in this line: King (or Captain) Miro, Enchantress, Illumina, Melog, the Twiggets, key variants: Toy She-Ra vs Toy Catra, 200X Sorceress, etc. There are so many awesome characters we could still get.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Totally Dyslexic
    I voted and i voted: Yes.

Of course, what else would i vote for, i want more new characters to be made in classics style like Zilora, Sagitar, Drissi, Lady Slither, Fang-Or, Granita and i finally want Delora(for me preferable in her FILMATION look) and Hawke(in her 200X look if i would have something to say) getting their own distinctive looks and make them two different characters once and for all!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I think it's damaging to the lines future since it's open to anyone to vote which is going to sway the results. Anyone who dislikes MOTU or even Mattel and has never bought a MOTUC item is going to vote NO. All it will do is give Mattel more amunition to cancel the line.
    I voted yes, but agree with you here.

Voted. At 42% now! Woohoo!

voted for the line to continue hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    ...I urge you to vote YES in their poll. I'm sure Mattel will look at it with great interest.
    I hate to say it, but I kinda doubt that this poll is on their radar at all. SDCC is a month away and sub drives will have to be announced then to get the ball rolling for 2017. Production timelines dictate that they would've already had to have made up their mind one way or another by now. So, regardless of Mattel's decision regarding 2017 lines - good or bad - they're already locked into their launch (or non-launch) sequence. A throwaway poll of barely more than a thousand people on a toy blog isn't going to make a difference this late in the game. Vote however you like, guys. This is merely a poll for entertainment value.
    Last edited by Battle Ham; June 12, 2016 at 06:50pm.

I agree that the poll is a bad idea, but ignoring it isn't going to help either. The best thing we can do is counter the negative votes with positive ones.

Voted YES!
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Cannot find the poll. Direct link please?

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Cannot find the poll. Direct link please?
    It´s right on the main page.

You see the rubric FEATURE to the right is a rubric REVIEWS and underneath there is the rubric POLLS.

I hope i could help you.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I agree that the poll is a bad idea, but ignoring it isn't going to help either. The best thing we can do is counter the negative votes with positive ones.
    Yeah but I feel the more votes it gets in total, the more credibility it gets
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

I voted YES because I care about the line. Cancelling MOTUC might also affect the new Thundercats line. Let's all hope that both lines would survive 2016.

Voted! It can't hurt!
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Court Magician
    I voted as well. I don't think it can hurt.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    and i finally want Delora(for me preferable in her FILMATION look) and Hawke(in her 200X look if i would have something to say) getting their own distinctive looks and make them two different characters once and for all!
    Uh? Delora and Hawke have always been two different characters, with distinctive (even if similar) looks. They both appear in Filmation with different hairstyle/hair color and character roles; Delora as the sister (because Filmation decided to avoid calling her Stratos's wife for some kind of silly reason), Hawke as a traitor (not mentioning whether she too could be Stratos's [maybe disgruntled] sister, or maybe his [jealous?] stepsister). Then 200X came around and seemingly ignored Delora (*) while making Hawke the sister (ditching the betrayal story-arc), but kept Hawke's own hair color.

The big problem with these characters doesn't really lie in keeping Delora and Hawke separate, but rather in what to do with the fact that there are three different conflicting Deloras (minicomic "Native American" Delora with a look totally unrelated to the rest of the Avionians, Ladybird "blue blonde" Delora, and Filmation "blonde Hawke" Delora; the first two being called Stratos's wives while the third being called his sister).

If I were to choose, I'd first release a Filmation Delora/Hawke with alternate heads (and a "repaint" of the Staff of Avion now properly cast in golden-colored plastic, in order to avoid the paint-chipping syndrome of the one that came with Icer). That's the most important look in my view, and would cover both characters in one go; so I'd definitely prioritize this version as the first (and possibly only ever) release. And I'd probably call this release "Hawke" (and make her Stratos's sister in her bio, so that a possible later 200X-based variant could be called "Battleground Hawke" or something, which ideally would also include an alternate novel 200X blonde Delora head).

Whereas I'd probably reserve the name "Delora" for a possible subsequent release of Ladybird Delora (whose bio would definitely make her Stratos's wife). And only afterwards I would consider the non-Avionian-looking minicomic Delora look (not sure how I'd tackle the naming here and whether or not to make it another character [possibly Stratos's second wife, since we don't know what Avion society thinks of polygamy], though maybe just going with "Battleground Delora" could be good enough if "Battleground Teela" was thought OK for a variant that looks nothing like the regular Teela and that could have been made its own character).

(*) Not sure why, and this is just my wild hypotheses, but I guess maybe it could have had something to do with the ones involved possibly having had a "vintage minicomic purist" preference/bias for the minicomic version being the "true" version of the character "Delora" (but one that doesn't fit with the aesthetics of the rest of Avionians, so that they took and merged elements from both Filmation Delora and Filmation Hawke to create the Avionanian-looking 200X Hawke character, while keeping the name "Delora" on the backburner reserved for the minicomic version), similarly to their "vintage purist" preference/bias towards cardback Mer-Man as their "true" Mer-Man and against Filmation Mer-Man.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; June 12, 2016 at 08:31pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Well YES!
    28% say no......... get the _______ outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    ToyNewsI put the poll up and I'm sure Mattel will look at it very closely.
    Yeah, I don't think Mattel will look at it or even care that it exists. If they do, it will be more in a negative light. They will see that of about 1400 respondents, half don't care or don't buy the line. Of those that do care, how many are actually going to spend money on this line? Maybe half of that 700? Less? A poll like this is worthless as it guarantees nothing to the bottom line of Matty.

At this point 2017 is already green lighted or cancelled and there is not much we can do or say that will sway the bean counters. We are just going to have to wait for news either way. I really hope an announcement is coming soon as this mass hysteria (with no confirmation either way) is really getting old.

Maybe the one that started all this hysteria should come forward with more than just vague hints.

One poll isn't going to cause Mattel to make any decisions for or against the MOTUC line. Quite simply it all comes down to business, which basically means money. Is it profitable to continue the MOTUC line? That is the only question Mattel is asking.

I love these toys, and I will support them for as long as they are produced. Also, Mattel hasn't officially said anything either way about the future of the toys. I will just assume that the line is going to continue until they absolutely say without a doubt the line is cancelled/pulled and people's money is returned.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    49-28 now...let's see what comes.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Voted YES and its 50 - 28 now.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Another yes vote over here.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Lodar, Hunga the Harpy, Sharella, Snake Goddess & Hawke

Voted 'Yes'.