Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ROBOTO cracks are getting worse

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

ROBOTO cracks are getting worse

Today I have checked my Roboto and it have a new crack that never existed before. When I bought the figure the release day it had a small crack on the left. Now it has a new crack on the right and the original crack is even bigger reaching to the pectoral zone.

When I twisted the waist in order to check the gears, the cracks even opened more, so I stop any more movement.

Someone else?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

My Roboto has little cracks all around the shoulder area of his torso. Looks like the incorrectly fitted shoulder pieces are rubbing against the torso piece whenever I move the arms, & the stress then makes cracks.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; April 2, 2012 at 07:17pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    High quality toys at a premium price? LOL.

And they tell us to call DR and ask for a replacement or a refund. Got to love this line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    High quality toys at a premium price? LOL.

And they tell us to call DR and ask for a replacement or a refund. Got to love this line.

Honestly, THIS is what I have issues with.

I have NO problems with Scott... I have never had a problem with DR, and most of my ankles are tight.

Toys that are not quality enough to actually PLAY with... but for massive money?!?! I would be TERRIFIED to give any of my toys to my nephews to play with.. I don't know HOW many pieces I'll get them back in.

THAT's garbage.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    My Roboto has little cracks all around the shoulder area of his torso. Looks like the incorrectly fitted shoulder pieces are rubbing against the torso piece whenever I move the arms, & the stress then makes cracks.
    This is totally where this issue is coming from.

It really torques me off that Mattel screwed this up and REFUSE to do anything about it. THEIR mistake that we are paid for is now damaging the toys even further. I'd ask a question for Ask Matty, but I know I'd get some rubbish answer about calling customer service or there isn't a slot available or some such.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Today I have checked my Roboto and it have a new crack that never existed before. When I bought the figure the release day it had a small crack on the left. Now it has a new crack on the right and the original crack is even bigger reaching to the pectoral zone.

When I twisted the waist in order to check the gears, the cracks even opened more, so I stop any more movement.

Someone else?
    Contact Safelite. They have superior resin that fills chips & cracks and Roboto will be like new

Seriously I feel bad your Roboto has this issue. Although Mattel says no I still feel the clear plastic the vendor used has problems.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Stop throwing your toys around... mine ain't cracked... what the heck are you doing with it? Who the heck "checks' their Roboto anyway? Weird.

Mine is still fine; I don't see any rubbing from the shoulders. And heck, this is one of my favorite guys so I'm always messin' with him!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

When I tried sitting Roboto on the Wind Raider, the torso snapped off.

Yeah, mine has a small crack in the shoulder area that wasn't there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Yeah, mine has a small crack in the shoulder area that wasn't there before.
    Mine has a crack directly down the middle of the back of his codpiece.

Roboto is a lousy figure. It's really to bad. I've already replaced my 1st one that came uncracked, then a month later was completely cracked across his abdomen out of nowhere, just standing on my shelf.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty strange that the vintage Roboto still holds up pretty well but the new one reacts like a cheap, Super Amigoish piece of trash. Has clear plastic de-evolved over the past 25 years?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Pretty strange that the vintage Roboto still holds up pretty well but the new one reacts like a cheap, Super Amigoish piece of trash. Has clear plastic de-evolved over the past 25 years?
    No, but Mattel's commitment to its customers sure has.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    No, but Mattel's commitment to its customers sure has.
    indeed. ... ...

I have never dropped my Roboto. I hardly ever touch him. He has a crack on the front of his chest and one on the back. Both start at the shoulder socket edge of the torsoe.

I have never "thrown my figures around."

And plenty of us check our figures, especially of others discover damage due to storing the figure on a shelf. LoL
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Can you guys please post pictures? Comments like this are on actionable if I have images to pass along to show what is happening to toys. Thanks.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Ask and you shall receive.

It's apparent that these cracks in the torso are occurring from the shoulders rubbing against the plastic bc it was assembled incorrectly. I can assure you my Roboto did not have these when he arrived. Oh, and before someone accuses me of "throwing my toys around" let me also state that all of my toys stay safe and sound on cabinets and are rarely moved.

While these cracks seem tiny, I guarantee with continued arm movement they will get worse.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    And yet Mattel still says he does not need to be fixed.

I would rather have a quarterly variant be a corrected Roboto with 2002 styled weaponry and gear than have another He-Man or Skeletor.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, pretty obvious that these cracks are from improper assembly.

So how exactly is this "actionable"? Replacement correctly assembled Roboto figures for all?

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Can you guys please post pictures? Comments like this are on actionable if I have images to pass along to show what is happening to toys. Thanks.
    Sure thing. I've got 2 Roboto figures. The first arrived with a crack in the abdomen and when I contacted Customer Service I was sent the second really quickly, which was fantastic. The replacement had very tiny minor stress cracks that weren't a big deal since they're hard to see(and photograph) in all of the reflective clear plastic. Unfortunately, they've grown some and the figure has developed an abdomen crack that's very similar to the one I'd initially received. It's odd since I'd chosen to barely tough "good" Roboto at all and reserve all minor handling to the original.

Replacement Figure

The first one eventually got bad enough that a crack even spread up his back and the torso popped easily off of the waist as a few bits crumbled off. It's cloudy since I went ahead and popped the halves apart to test glue in case the other worsens. My main concern is that both end up like this.

It seems to originate near joints where any minor stress may occur. The 2nd Roboto had misaligned gears that would click a bit and perhaps that added more stress. It's possible that stress from yanking his arm attachments could play a part in worsening cracks that would otherwise go unnoticed, but like I said I haven't done much with Roboto #2.

Finally, here's Photog! I hate complaining at all, but I've contacted 2 separate customer service numbers since getting this guy and I've been told by one that I'd be contacted and the other said someone would be here to pick mine up. I was even told that the hypothetical pick-up man would have the replacement Photog with him and we'd just swap, which I don't think would have been the case even if this persona had actually shown up(nobody ever did and I haven't been contacted) This is relevant to Roboto in that I'd just go ahead and admit defeat by opening Photog, but I'm concerned it will get worse.

And on a side note, I know that quickly tossing out free figures all over the place like with my Roboto is a system that's easily abused, so I understand that things had to change. At the same time...I kind of feel like I've been lied to on the phone twice about Photog by DR or whoever these CS people are. It's made me feel pretty crummy and helpless, honestly.

EDIT: Apologies for the Photog cry-fest. Although later than I was initially told, I got an email saying someone would be picking up my Photog a day after I posted this. Left the box out today and it was picked up, so that's cool and I thank Matty/DR for getting the replacement process started. Very happy about that! Hopefully whatever led to cracks in both Robotos and Photogs is something that can be solved.
    Last edited by FakeEyes22; April 4, 2012 at 10:39pm. Reason: correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    While these cracks seem tiny, I guarantee with continued arm movement they will get worse.
    Mine is very similar.

To anyone not seeing the problem:

Look at the shoulders side-on.
    Notice the gap between the back of the torso & the (reversed) shoulder-piece.
    Notice there is no gap between the front of the torso & the shoulder-piece - instead, they rub.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Well that's terrible. Mine's been fine so far. Guess I lucked out again on him. Hopefully he stays ok.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    Well that's terrible. Mine's been fine so far. Guess I lucked out again on him. Hopefully he stays ok.
    Just don't move his arms, then the reversed shoulders won't stress the torso.

At least, that won't cause cracks at the shoulders. Not sure what the problem is with cracks on rest of torso...

Heroic Warrior
    So what's the verdict? Have enough pictures been provided to take care of this WIDESPREAD issue?