Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ROBOTO cracks are getting worse

Heroic Warrior
    Hahaha! And here I thought I was just unlucky. My Roboto also has micro fractures all along the edge of the shoulder on both sides. Around 7 or 8 on each side. No idea how those got there as I set him on the shelf as soon as I got him out of the package and he's never toppled over.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeMan View Post
    Hahaha! And here I thought I was just unlucky. My Roboto also has micro fractures all along the edge of the shoulder on both sides. Around 7 or 8 on each side. No idea how those got there as I set him on the shelf as soon as I got him out of the package and he's never toppled over.
    The reverse shoulder piece presses against the torso & stresses it.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    When a brand new figure comes out of its' package with cracks, I guess it's a bad omen for the future of this particular figure. Weather, temperature changes and moist are probably enough to finish it off...

My first Roboto arrived with a huge crack in his chest. DR quickly replaced him and, last time I looked, the replacement was fine. But the original one that was cracked on arrival has just gotten worse. All my MOTUC figures are packed away as I'm moving in a couple of weeks. I'm worried now that my replacement Roboto might be suffering this problem now too.

Silly me; here I thought that the reversed shoulders were no big deal, and that we were making too big of a deal out of them! Will wonders never cease.

*grabs cherished childhood Roboto that's still in great shape*

Heroic Warrior
    I let my kids play with my MOTUC figures. But we've had to develop a two pile system. Pile 1 is for the figures they can play with. Pile 2 is the "statue pile," named after the original bronze King Grayskull. After noticing a little crack in Roboto, he was moved to the "Statue Pile."

Other figures in the statue pile include Hurricane Hordak, Mossman, Grizzlor, all three subscription bonus figures, and extras of a couple of characters that I would like to keep in decent shape. Basically, any figure with an uncommon feature that could be destroyed quickly by a five year old moves to the statue pile. Goddess's leg got ripped off before the statue pile was invented. Come to think of it, her leg is the reason I invented the statue pile. It's a wonder that neither of my SDCC KGs have any major problems.

I have 2 I've barely ever touched and are in display cabinets. Both have identical large cracks in the front of the torso.

Edit: the torso crack that FakeEyes22 posted on page 1 is what mine look like.

GOD DANGIT!!!!!

I just checked my Roboto, it looks EXACTLY like FakeEyes22 pictures. There are six small cracks around the shoulders on the back and one HUGE crack in the front of the torso.

Even if they offer refund/replacement, I'm out of luck since I didn't buy it from the MATTEL store, but from a board member. I have a Vikor with a frozen leg joint that I couldn't get replaced for that same reason. Worst CS I have ever dealt with.

EDIT - I checked my photos from February and my Roboto DID NOT have the giant torso crack at that time, it happened while he was just sitting on my shelf.
    Last edited by BadVermin; April 3, 2012 at 08:01pm.

I posted this before in another thread, but my Roboto actually arrived with correct shoulders. Yep. They were correct. And his torso was perfect. I went back to look after the Photog incident and he had a crack in his abdomen, looks just like the wound Optimus Prime received in the Transformers animated movie. That was a month ago. I just looked again and he now has micro-fractures around his shoulders. I haven't dropped or posed him since the first day I got him.

And after all the talk of the quality of plastic going down recently and prices going up again next year, and overall frustration with Mattel in general and their dinosaur - stubborn philosophy, I didn't buy KK and I'm not picking anyone up in April either. I will buy Spikor and a couple other figures that I have to have, but I'm more or less out.

I still love MOTU and still visit the boards, but I'm fed up. I'm not even angry anymore; I just don't care.

And my stance may be different most here, but until Mattel can deliver me some new stories, via real comics, movies, cartoons, or novels, I'm not buying MOTUC anymore (except a few figures).

My Roboto has the same crack in the abdomen as FakeEyes22's first Roboto picture. I don't have any cracks on the upper shoulder though. When I first got my Roboto, he did not have the crack on the abdomen. It was around the Swiftwind, same leg problem, when I noticed that my Roboto was damaged....and all the figure has done is sit on the shelf.

It doesn't really matter though, because Mattel will fix this the same way as "Yellow" Stay Puft, King Hssss shoulders, and Snout Spout's trunk. Their fix is the following statement: "Huh? What?"
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

My roboto is cracked and I leave all my toys moc! Man this stinks. I have two robotos and both are just like this. So sad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

After coming across this thread, I went straight to my Roboto to check it out in detail. THANKFULLY my Roboto currently has no cracks.

Sorry to hear so many others are having this issue
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it's safe to say that in time... all the MOTUC Robotos will have some kind of crack. I would also go so far as to say this is a widespread issue across the board. Will Mattel make it right?

Of course not.

While still bummed about my Robotos and everyone else's, I'd like to be fair and take back my unrelated Photog exchange complaint on the previous page, as I just finally got an email confirming a scheduled pick-up.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I think it's safe to say that in time... all the MOTUC Robotos will have some kind of crack. I would also go so far as to say this is a widespread issue across the board. Will Mattel make it right?

Of course not.
    And you will spend the remainder of the year alerting us to this right

I imagine that any translucent plastic is going to be the same (Goddess, Photog). Whatever vendor they are using for that type of plastic is just horrible. I would rather they just did not make translucent things anymore

I wonder if the clear blue Spirit figure is cracking, wouldn't that be something since there are only a handful in existence to have it shatter like the Goddess
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

I imagine that any translucent plastic is going to be the same (Goddess, Photog). Whatever vendor they are using for that type of plastic is just horrible. I would rather they just did not make translucent things anymore

I wonder if the clear blue Spirit figure is cracking, wouldn't that be something since there are only a handful in existence to have it shatter like the Goddess
    So your answer to fixing the problem is simply not make toys with translucent plastic? typically passive responce... and yes, I will continue to alert yawl... but who says just for the rest of the year?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The problem with this is the fact that some figures have the cracks bigger even when the figures have been not used (my Roboto was just displayed) and toys must be durable.

In Spain any item have a guarantee of quality of 2 years. In the USA is the same? I want a figure that last as much as possible, not replacing it each 2 years. I dont want a refund. I want a decent Roboto. This is clearly a problem with the plastic and the manufacturer must assume this kind of problem, not the customer.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    The problem with this is the fact that some figures have the cracks bigger even when the figures have been not used (my Roboto was just displayed) and toys must be durable.

In Spain any item have a guarantee of quality of 2 years. In the USA is the same? I want a figure that last as much as possible, not replacing it each 2 years. I dont want a refund. I want a decent Roboto. This is clearly a problem with the plastic and the manufacturer must assume this kind of problem, not the customer.
    There's no standard guarantee on anything in USA. If the manufacturer or seller want to give a guarantee they can, but they don't have to (except in some specific instances). Here, you can sue, you can ask for your money back, and you can report them to the better business bureau, but you're pretty much out of luck.

Mattel isn't going to reissue or correct Roboto. They didn't even fix or reissue the Goddess, who had much bigger quality control problems. You are out of luck, just like the rest of us.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    There's no standard guarantee on anything in USA. If the manufacturer or seller want to give a guarantee they can, but they don't have to (except in some specific instances). Here, you can sue, you can ask for your money back, and you can report them to the better business bureau, but you're pretty much out of luck.

Mattel isn't going to reissue or correct Roboto. They didn't even fix or reissue the Goddess, who had much bigger quality control problems. You are out of luck, just like the rest of us.
    This is the kind of problem that could be the subject of a class action lawsuit. Class actions happen when it is too expensive for any single person who has been wronged by a company to go through the legal process to get relief. My biggest problem with class actions? It's usually only the attorneys who make money. A recent class action settlement with an insurance company got me like $36.00, my dad like $120, and the attorneys who were the driving force behind the class action like $7,500,000. Silly. On a line as small as MOTUC, a class action suit might kill teh lien, too.

Heroic Warrior
    LOL... Looks like Mattel has us right where they want us then. Never ending cycle is as follows...

-Mattel makes shotty toys
    -We buy shotty toys
    -We complain but don't really do anything about it because it might kill the line.
    -Mattel continues to make shotty toys
    -We continue to buy them
    -We complain some more
    -Mattel continues to crap on it's customers

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    yup I've got minor cracks on mine. Like to buy another if it has corrected shoulders.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

I could! You know how I love to complain about Scott and Matty! But with the issue from all the figures that has transparent plastic on it. You would think they would do something to rectify the problem. Cause even getting a replacement isn't an answer anymore!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Not to mention that Toyguru has said many times that it's NOT the transparent plastic... and it clearly must be.

Just checked my Roboto...small crack just beginning to form behind his left arm.

These figures are sadly, not built to last in many cases.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Seriously, I hate that this toy is breaking, as I try to understand these things happen in a line with a frantic monthly schedule. I get that, even if it still stinks that one of my favorites is busted and even if I bought another there's no guarantee it won't break as well.

The solution, of course is a 200X style Roboto with the same chest, but more durable. Give him a new head and some gray armor, maybe some new pieces. Keep it the same color so I can swap parts out with the first, and I'll GLADLY buy 2. Storywise...Roboto got busted up and he was rebuilt with upgrades. Easy! Maybe?