Thread: He-man Uneven Eyebrows Help!!

Widget

He-man Uneven Eyebrows Help!!

Hi all,

After having collected nearly all of the 200x line I had decided not to opt for the classics line but recently changed my mine when mattycollector recently had their March sale. I decided to finally start collecting the line so I picked up my very first MOTUC figures, he-man and skeletor. While the figures look great I can't help be very disappointed at how the eyebrows are painted on my he-man's face! One is noticeably much higher than the other which is odd considering the eyes (which are much more detailed) are painted perfectly. I have scoured the internet and haven't come across anyone else with one that looks like mine so I thought I should post.

I've attached pics below - while a part of me wants to not make a big deal I can't help but think he looks like a clown every time I see him. My he-man also has the raised hair issue but I'm prepared to deal with that once opened seeing at how it's a fairly common problem that can be fixed.

Is this something that's worth hounding Mattel to have replaced? (I've read the poor QC issues you all have had and am discouraged at even making the attempt to have this resolved). If the paint error were anywhere but his face it would not have been worth making a fuss about. Please let me know what you think I should do and if any of you have faced similar issues.

Paul

IMG_2178.jpegIMG_2175.jpeg

Heroic Warrior
    Now I'm convinced that Mattel resells their returned figures.

Honestly, I wouldn't go through all the stress, just get or trade a new head on the Org's marketplace. Prince Adam came with two heads, so there should be plenty "good ones" out there.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

You just have a unique He-Man is all.

BGEL has uneven eyebrows...atleast on mine, and I think it makes her look like she has a more expressive face that way...
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Learn how to paint & customise It's necessary for this line
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Has anyone by themselves changed Roboto's or Hsss's arms back to the way they should be?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Has anyone by themselves changed Roboto's or Hsss's arms back to the way they should be?
    Lots of people. There's probably a You-Tube video.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

I have, and like Eternian Poet said, there are others who have as well.
    I believe there are youtube vids on it.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I just watched one, it doesn't seem that difficult. I think I'll have a go.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    Not only are the eyebrows too high, but his wig is possitioned to far back also --- You probably recieved a MOC figure that someone returned because of the unacceptible paint/glue apps.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Not only are the eyebrows too high, but his wig is possitioned to far back also --- You probably recieved a MOC figure that someone returned because of the unacceptible paint/glue apps.
    No, it's perfect: He-Man is raising an eyebrow in surprise at his receeding hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    You just have a unique He-Man is all.

BGEL has uneven eyebrows...atleast on mine, and I think it makes her look like she has a more expressive face that way...
    Mine has that kind of expression of suspiciously surprised or smelling something disgusting...
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Uneven eyebrows happened since 3rd re-issue of He-man. I bet every He-man at DR now are painted with "uneven" eyebrows.

Weird thing is, every He-man figure's eyebrows are painted uneven out there, seems there is problem with their "painting mask" at factory.

One thing I would like to point out, if your white mailer box has been opened and "re-taped" before it arrived to you, I would say, DR is sure ship you previously returned product. As I have experienced this before, I have got 2 "re-taped" white mailer box of He-man, they both with paint application problems on their heads/eyebrow.

As we cannot *pick* the figure for our own, "Is it worth to return?", In my opinion, think about this, what if the replacement even worst then the one you've got now, say assembled with wrong parts, problem of paint apps on eyeballs, etc? it will be endless.....

Widget
    Thanks for all the input guys. At this point I'm still undecided as to what I'm going to do - why is it so hard for mattel to have spare parts on hand that they could send out instead of having to have the whole figure returned??

I agree that the next figure could be much worse off, although I've been through all the he-man figure issues and I think I've got the worst of it so things could only look up, right?

I checked the white mailer box and there were no signs of it having been opened and re-taped but maybe they removed the previous tape or used a new box?

Paul

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Holly..... A He-Man with a Peoples Eye Brow !!!

Seriously, you are yet another Matty-fyied victim of DR ! Sorry Man !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    No, it's perfect: He-Man is raising an eyebrow in surprise at his receeding hairline.
    My point EXACTLY! I always raise an eyebrow when I see mine in the mirror!!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

you got the "Hey-Dude ***?!" he-man variant!!!!! put it on EBAY it will sell for $1083.00 put in a plastic box with a sticker on it. then it will sell for $10'547.00

He-Man is just doing his Rock impersonation!