Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    AWESOME news, I'm just amazed that the series is going to hit in July and this is the 1st we've heard of it.......

Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Shame you can't order these from Matty with your figs.
    I don't want Digital River even looking at these comics. Thank the Sorceress I don't have to get them from Matty.

I'm super excited to get these, and I like the treatment they've given so far. I am happy to hear that Skeletor will be scary. I also like the rendition of He-man given. Yes!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah! I`m so exited about this! I will collect them all!

I hope they use the full potential of this property!

Shoot, it'd be cool if they made this part of MOTUC canon. It could fit, actually.

I can't wait! I hope it leads to an ongoing and crosses over (rarely) with the DCU!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Woo-Hoo!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    From the sounds of it, this isn't taking place in the MOTUC canon from the bios. It sounds like a completely original story. I'm surprised by that, but at the same time totally cool with it!

/Mildly surprised nobody went there yet....

/steps up and taps microphone.....

I don't know... If Skeletor rewrote reality... I can see this being the origin of Spector!!! Time Agents to the RESCUE!!!!!

/ducks flying bottles..

Actually, my favorite thing about this, is the artwork. he-man looks like He-man. That's really all I really wanted It was my biggest issue with 200x and the MVC series, and even a lot of the old star comics and Minicomics... I could never BELIEVE how often 'artists interpreted' the character designs

If the issues look like the promo art, i'll love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm surprised by this as well. Since licensing a comic wouldn't cost Mattel a penny, I figured the reason we never saw a comic was due to the possibility of it conflicting with the bios. Since the bios aren't being used(or at least they don't seem to be), there goes that theory.
    Don't Mattel's lawyers micromanage everything? Lawyers aint' cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    Im happy it's not following the MOTUC cannon
    ME TOO! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Yes, good news... But will they turn this new comic series into an abortion by incorperating The Mighty Spector??
    Totally uncalled for... hopefully that's a typo and you meant aberration. Besides, in a comic, where writing is equally important to visual representation, I have seen several "ugly" characters be saved by incredible writing. If Spector were to show up, he could be written in a way that overcomes folks' preconceived notions based on his appearance. But then again, maybe not... a lot of fans tend to close their minds completely to new input once their decision has been made.

Anyway, this comic is one of the reasons I'm happy DC releases day-and-date digital... digital color looks so much more vibrant than print, and this is one I bet will be very well colored.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! And hopefully there will be many more to come, including some stuff we might have seen is 200x season 3 with Faker etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Totally uncalled for... hopefully that's a typo and you meant aberration. Besides, in a comic, where writing is equally important to visual representation, I have seen several "ugly" characters be saved by incredible writing. If Spector were to show up, he could be written in a way that overcomes folks' preconceived notions based on his appearance. But then again, maybe not... a lot of fans tend to close their minds completely to new input once their decision has been made.

Anyway, this comic is one of the reasons I'm happy DC releases day-and-date digital... digital color looks so much more vibrant than print, and this is one I bet will be very well colored.
    Good to hear DC releases day/date digital.
    Say cheese!!!

I'm surprised this is happening before a Thundercats comic since DC & TC are both owned by Time-Warner.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

If they have enough artistic freedom and not tied to any existing mythos (MOTUC, 200x etc), it could be interesting.

Heroic Warrior
    This is nice.

The plot seems to be a big risk. I hope it gets pulled off.

"That is, until a mysterious sorceress approaches him, and sends him on an epic journey to save all of Eternia." $5 says it's Teela.

I really hope Mattel places ads for MOTUC in these comics. There are comic book fans who (believe it or not) may have no idea MOTUC exists, but will pick up the comic because they're fans of the property. This would be a great way to reach MOTU fans who may not know the figures exist.

AMAZING!!! I am so happy we're getting new comics (finally), and by DC! I'm more of a Marvel fan, but the way DC handled MOTU originally, and I like the premise they've laid out for this series. In fact, an approach like this wouldn't be bad for a movie, so I hope the script writers have the same reverence for the source material that it seems this team has. My one problem is with the art. He-Man looks pretty good, but the perspective is off on Castle Grayskull. Hopefully the rest of the art will be better.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I think the concept is pretty genius because it allows you to sort of restate what the property is all about without having to do an origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    James Robinson is writing... hopefully its the James Robinson that dleivered the masterpiece that is Starman rather than the James Robinson that gave us recent Justice League and Superman books that veered between ordinary and unreadable.
    Agreed 100 percent.

Phenomenal news! Really good for the whole MOTU brand in general. The story itself sounds fascinating, too. Excellent stuff.

Heroic Warrior
    Fantastic news!!!! June! Just in time for my 40th!!!!

This is brilliant news - SO exciting! I just saw it confirmed on the Matty News page as well. Sweeeeet!!!
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

Great news! The story sounds interesting, IMO it's a great way to do the story of Skeletor ruling Eternia with the heroes as rebels.

I just read the whole interview. Does sound very interesting, and I like the fact that they're going out of their way to make sure that Skeletor is scary. Great to hear.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post

No... I meant ABORTION, What of it?

Guys, I'm cutting this off at the pass. No talk of politics and such on the main boards, and that includes ABORTION. Please keep that to the Tar Swamp.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!