Does anyone know of a website that ships comics worldwide?
If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.
My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.
Finally! I knew if I was patient then someone would finally pick up MOTU again. I can't wait to see what they do with the series (though personally I'm hoping for Teela not being a clone). Man, I'm so excited I've practically jittery. Now I have a reason to buy a DC comic. lol
Hey Val, any chance you could see if you can get James Robinson and/or Phillip Tan on Gooble Dinner for an interview? It'd be great to hear them asked questions by actual fans of the characters. Cheers!
Traversing the concussion blasts of Despondos!
Fantastic news that we're getting a new comic series! And I'm even more excited that it's being produced by a major company.
But, boy, is MTV Geek a raging failtrain or what?
MTV Geek: "Why Masters of The Universe? I think most people nowadays know it from a somewhat cheesy cartoon, and a somewhat cheesier movie"
MTV Geek: "Skeletor walks the line between terrifying, and very, very silly."
Yep, MotU's super cheesy. It's very silly as well. That's why DC is teaming with Mattel to launch a series on the line's 30th anniversary.
MTV Geek: "There's also a "mysterious sorceress" who kicks off the proceedings... she's She-Ra, right?
Yep, She-Ra and the Sorceress are the same person. You nailed it.
MTV Geek: "This may be a little too literal, but I've always wondered why they were called "Masters of the UNIVERSE," when they only hung out on Eternia"
Yep, the characters never left Eternia. Etheria? Primus and the rest of the tri-solar system? No? Nothing?
MTV Geek: "...I imagine these comics are somewhat a testing ground for the franchise, to see if it can be reinvented for TV, action figures..."
Yep, Mattel's totally using these new comics to test the waters for a reinvented line of action figures... that's been running continuously since 2008. Good call.
Come on, MTV Geek, do a little research or - equally acceptable - just skip all the too-cool-for-this/only-interested-ironically garbage.
Way super cool news!
And yeah, MTV Geek didn't exactly put forth a shining example of journalistic professionalism. Whatever, at least we're getting new comics. I hope they're good! *crosses fingers*
I'm hoping to get these issues they sound interesting
Man-At-Arms: That's very interesting, but silly.
WE WANT NEW ADVENTURES AND MYP ON REGION 2 DVD.
Great news! I kind of wish Geoff Johns was writing, but he must pretty busy with Green Lantern and Justice League. Anyway, the story concept sounds cool, looking forward to it!
cool news indeed.
and while alex zalben didn't do his homework, i think you guys might want to focus on the answers james robinson instead of the questions. sounds like this is going to be an epic of epic proportions.
Last edited by EldestSon; April 6, 2012 at 08:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Things that blow my mind
1. The art looks classic, not some new He-Man for a new audience. That's how He-Man is meant to look.
2. Has nothing to do with Scott's MOTUC cannon.
3. It's by DC and coming out relatively soon.
4. They had the faith and budget for this. What else are they working on we don't know about?
On the same note... When does this come out? July?? I hope they have the Subscriptions open and not already closed for all the potential new fans they could be reaching...
I can see where that perception comes from.
It's probably not best to pick over every word just yet. I'll admit that calling a Skeletor a 'barbarian' sounded a bit odd, but I think it would be better if we left judging things until we have something we can actually judge fairly. We don't really have enough to go on to say one way or the other right now. Lets just be happy that we're getting a new comic series.
I'm intrigued! It will be cool to see how it turns out.
This is incredibly awesome news! Finally new media for the first time in a decade!
A list of reasons why this is fantastic for MOTU:
- Love that DC is doing it - that will assure greater exposure than using a smaller company, which could lead to a larger re-launch of the franchise in general (on-going comic series, cartoon, blockbuster movie, new action figures, etc)
- This will probably give MOTUC a boost, ensuring a few more years for us to get every last obscure character in figure form!
- Based on that teaser poster, there won't be any mis-guided attempts to re-invent the wheel. It's He-Man looking exactly the way he should, but with modern artwork. 200x mucked around with the character designs too much, so it's great that this looks like it will follow the classic look.
- By the sounds of it, DC will have a lot of creative freedom. In the past, MOTU was at its best when Mattel didn't interfere and try to micro manage everything. The story concept is a fresh, original take that, as someone else here already said, is a brilliant way to bring MOTU back into the mainstream without having to rehash the origin story yet again.
- The tone of the comic sounds like it will be DARK. I can't emphasize enough how important this is for MOTU overall to become viewed as a "cool" property. The interviewer is completely right when he says that it's mainly remembered as a cheesy cartoon in the 80's that was geared to little kids - Filmation is seen as a joke and did a lot of damage to the property in the long run, and a quality new comic series with a dark edge to it is the perfect way to undo that and finally realize the potential MOTU has had since the beginning.
I am excited, but I hope that the art is good. I'm surprised that Val & company were not brought in on this. They should have been consulted, or at least have Val do the inks.
"Everything comes to he who waits."
I'm not so sure this is completely different from the bios/MOTUC story. It says "all-new take" on the story, but if Teela is that Sorceress figure . . .
My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeletor's Robot Knights, Two-Bad, Horde Troopers, Modulok, Sssqueeze, Tung Lashor, Stridor, Night Stalker, the Battle Ram, and a true, alternate head for Wun-Dar (since he's a "different" character)!
This is exciting news! Another big positive surprise for the 30th Anniversary year.
While I love the early DC mini-comics (the 2nd series of mini-comics represent my favorite canon) I do have some fears about the way the modern DC will treat our product. I've been a long time (essentially) exclusive DC comic reader but am close to dropping my last few DC titles because the New 52 tanks at all levels. The characters are just not treated with love. I think the greedy, whinging, carping Justice League communicating with Steve Trevor in #7 may have been the final straw for me.
So I may be in the minority but (while I am not a fan of the bio-canon) I fervently hope Mattel does indeed retain some editorial control over DC like they seemed to exert back in 200x. I no longer trust DC writers and editors left to their own devices.
But enough of that ... YAY for a new MOTU Comic!
Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized
Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
I'm pumped that this mini-series is going to be twice as long as DC's first MOTU mini-series, LOL! Wow. I can't believe this! And I'm really intrigued by this fresh take on the story... would make a great multi-parter for a new cartoon series!!!
I guess I'm the only one with enough guts to tell the truth-
1. He-Man looks like a bad cosplayer took some crappy Photoshop pictures using a green screen for Grayskull.
2. The anatomy is COMPLETELY all over the place from decent to horrible.
3. The cross hatch technique is done incorrectly like they had a high school comic creator do it who's never learned the proper technique.
4. The colors are dull and muted- the effects are a BIT more impressive but still nothing special.
5. Grayskull's perspective is totally incorrect.
6. The fact that they totally (figuratively speaking) spit in Val and Emiliano's face simultaneously and continue to do so is complete and utter ********.
7. Finally, Tan is nothing to write home about and Robinson is the definition of mediocre.
I wonder if Mattel even stopped to think whether having a comic running that has a completely different canon than the toy line you are running at the same time could possibly lead to confusion for the brand? The one totally positive thing about this is it will be another area of market visibility and Mattel will have no excuse now not to increase the budget for the line unless they want to look like total asses to the fan base. Also before anyone asks- yes I mad, I find it extremely disrespectful that they totally screw E and V over time and time again when they were nothing but professional and could have used this project as an olive branch. I'm assuming Mattel and DC are more content with their mutual admiration and would rather not have amazing inks and color by Emil and Val but whatever.
I'm buying the **** out of these!! bring on the variant covers! GREAT news! I'm so excited!
CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!
I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!
Fear is faith in failure