Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    Anybody who is seriously considering buying this mini series, if you're already a comic book fan, PLEASE PRE ORDER it from your Local Comic Shop vendor. Most of you don't need me to explain why this is important, but for the rest, it's because the number of customers who pre order will determine how many copies of the comic that the Comic Shop will order, which in turn will determine how successful the series is. The more people who pre order it, the more likely the Comic Shop owner is to think "Hmmm, there's some interest here, I think I'll order 20 copies for the shelf instead of just 10".

If the first issue sells around 40,000 copies, then it'll be more successful than a lot of DC & Marvel's superhero properties, and the more likely we are to get a follow up mini series, or even an ongoing series!

And if the story's terrible, then you can always cancel it after #1 - but hopefully that won't be the case!
    Well said, this is something that SERIOUSLY needs to be addressed. I'm planning on keeping this forum informed on when order dates are due, so that every knows when to get down to their shop and pre-order a copy. And I think we can do better than 40K!! How about we shoot for the moon and show them how powerful we REALLY are? 75K!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

I'm definitely checking this comic out and it sure looks like this Skeletor means business.

If adam is a woodsman I wonder what every body else is. can't wait to see how it call unfold s.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm embarassed that I immediately thought Marvel Comics before I thought Filmation.
    I thought it was the Cosmic Cube too...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I hope my local comic shop will carry these or find them easy online purchase.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Anybody who is seriously considering buying this mini series, if you're already a comic book fan, PLEASE PRE ORDER it from your Local Comic Shop vendor. Most of you don't need me to explain why this is important, but for the rest, it's because the number of customers who pre order will determine how many copies of the comic that the Comic Shop will order, which in turn will determine how successful the series is. The more people who pre order it, the more likely the Comic Shop owner is to think "Hmmm, there's some interest here, I think I'll order 20 copies for the shelf instead of just 10".
    OK, how can European non-UK fans partecipate in this? Is there an online Comic Shop suitable for this? I don't think Amazon would carry pre-orders for this, or will it?
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I hope my local comic shop will carry these or find them easy online purchase.
    Ask your comic shop to order it for you, they should oblige. my comic shop of choice is a very tiny one, but they have ordered me single books in the past.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GozzoMan View Post
    OK, how can European non-UK fans partecipate in this? Is there an online Comic Shop suitable for this? I don't think Amazon would carry pre-orders for this, or will it?
    Both Mile High Comics and Graham Cracker Comics deliver internationally.

The new MOTU mini is not on their sites yet, though as it is just too early. Check those sites again in two or three weeks' time and they should have pre orders available.

Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Has anyone noticed how the plot sounds VERY similar to the TV Series "Once Upon A Time"? Skeley is the evil Queen! hahaha
    Yeah I was thinking about that, too! The wife and I love that show and I've been trying to get her to read some comics lately (cuz she really digs a lot of the current comic book movies) so the other day I said to her "Hey I think you might wanna give the new He-Man comic a shot because it's very similar to "Once Upon A Time" and she was like "Yeah nice try honey!"
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Both Mile High Comics and Graham Cracker Comics deliver internationally.

The new MOTU mini is not on their sites yet, though as it is just too early. Check those sites again in two or three weeks' time and they should have pre orders available.
    Thanks! Will surely do!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Anybody going to C2E2 this weekend, make sure and stop by the DC booth and tell them how glad you are that they're doing He-Man. I was visiting with them yesterday, and they don't have a big He-Man banner at their booth.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    I'll be wearing my He-man.org shirt to represent, and i'll make sure to stop by and express my gratitude.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

master of hiphop
    pre-ordered mine
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

I wonder if there will be variant covers? Licenced comics often do things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    I wonder if there will be variant covers? Licenced comics often do things like that.
    For issue #1 they have already announced in solicitations that there will be a variant cover by Dave Wilkins.
    Hopefully they will continue with such tradition for rest of the mini-series.

master of hiphop
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    Yep

check out the info on www.he-man.org and you'll see the first variant cover will be for issue #1
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Amazing. I will happily buy both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Yeah I was thinking about that, too! The wife and I love that show and I've been trying to get her to read some comics lately (cuz she really digs a lot of the current comic book movies) so the other day I said to her "Hey I think you might wanna give the new He-Man comic a shot because it's very similar to "Once Upon A Time" and she was like "Yeah nice try honey!"
    Or you could get her to read Fables from Vertigo(DC's adult imprint). Many have even said that Disney ripped that comic off with Once Upon A Time since ABC was originally going to make a Fables TV show but made Once Upon A Time instead.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Yay! Now nerds can have a brand new continuity to fight, moan and argue about!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    There's no harm in them soliciting a trade for it.
    6 issues has become the standard arc length for a trade, so I think it was setup for potential trade release. And if a trade solicitation doesn't work, they can always cancel the trade release.
    Nope, No harm in DC soliciting for it... it is tailor made for the length....

But like Blue Beetle pointed out, It's the individual issues that they are gonna be counting before they judge MOTU worthy of a TPB release. if everyone waits for the Trade, it may be shooting yourself in the foot.

Trades for small properties are a dangerous gamble for the fans... It MAY never show up

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    For issue #1 they have already announced in solicitations that there will be a variant cover by Dave Wilkins.
    Hopefully they will continue with such tradition for rest of the mini-series.

HONESTLY.. I HATE Varient covers. It was one of the things that annoyed me so much about MVC series... Too many 'volumes' all titled the same thing... with different pictures... I bought a couple of them twice without wanting to...

Nothing sucks like buying something and then realizing you already HAD it...

ESPECIALLY difficult when looking at Back issues...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    HONESTLY.. I HATE Varient covers. It was one of the things that annoyed me so much about MVC series... Too many 'volumes' all titled the same thing... with different pictures... I bought a couple of them twice without wanting to...
    While no one is forcing anyone to buy them, I find variant covers annoying as well.

JOIN THE GROUP...

All you have to do is look at the issue number to see if the comic is the same inside even if it's a variant cover. I love variant covers because it allows the brand to introduce new artists in a very visible way. I was hoping the variant would be a 1:10 though as 1:25 will be much harder to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    All you have to do is look at the issue number to see if the comic is the same inside even if it's a variant cover. I love variant covers because it allows the brand to introduce new artists in a very visible way. I was hoping the variant would be a 1:10 though as 1:25 will be much harder to come by.
    At least it's not a 1:100 or 1:200. Marvel & DC Comics are known for doing those as well these days.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    All you have to do is look at the issue number to see if the comic is the same inside even if it's a variant cover. .
    SOMEtimes...

However, if the TITLE doesn't change between the minis... it gets VERY confusing.

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/sub...id=52&subid=42

We had 12 covers for 4 issues here...

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/sub...id=52&subid=14

12 covers for 6 issues here...

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/sub...id=52&subid=43

and 18 covers for 8 issues here....

All with the same 'title' on the outside...

Soooooo I'm seeing FOURTEEN 'Masters of the Universe #1' and I only need to read THREE of them.

As it is, I THINK I got the whole series.... but between the different volumes and the back issues polybagged... I don't really know. I'm scared to grab one out of the back issue bin anymore...

THIS is why I'm not a fan of Varient Covers.

Varients should be used sparingly for special occasions. #1 can get a foil cover... Anniversary issues can do something.... #3 - 10.... Don't need one.

Hey, how are yous getting this pre-ordered?

I just called my local (Pheonix comics in Calgary) & they say that it isn't on the system & to call back once the sketches are out....

???
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!