Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1834

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    More crap.

The "issue" was a fight scene that went too long.

And the "art" is still abysmal.

We have members here on the Org that would have a hard time producing such slop, even if they tried. Mattel/DC/whomever...there are TONS of great artists looking for work, and you shackle us with this garbage?

Terrible, just terrible.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Now I'm getting the 'not available for online viewing' message. Despite the fact that I've already read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Now I'm getting the 'not available for online viewing' message. Despite the fact that I've already read it.
    I just purchased it as well, but it says it's a pre-order and they are going to notify me when it becomes available for reading.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    More crap.

The "issue" was a fight scene that went too long.

And the "art" is still abysmal.

We have members here on the Org that would have a hard time producing such slop, even if they tried. Mattel/DC/whomever...there are TONS of great artists looking for work, and you shackle us with this garbage?

Terrible, just terrible.
    I thought the issue was alright. I don't get why there is hate about the art. It's much better than some of the art from certain issues of the MOTU title.

And, I dunno, but I find it slightly refreshing that someone besides orgers are doing this comic. We've seen what orgers can do, and even though they did a good job when they did, I'd like to see someone else's interpretation of MOTU. Orgers have respect for the mythos and handle MOTU with great care, but I like seeing an interpretation of MOTU that is trying to leave the confines of the Filmation inspired canon.

I am curious as to why Castle Grayskull suddenly looks more like the iconic Filmation version again when just an issue ago we saw a revamped Castle Grayskull perverted by Skeletor's presence and power.

Did anyone else see He-Man's shield on the remains of the ship's prow in the final panels of the issue?
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Heroic Warrior
    Does Keith Giffen know much about Masters of the Universe? Because I'm not sure.

Since when is Mer-man so coherent and regal?

The battle banter was weak.

It's kind of annoying that we have to wait until the end to see He-Man.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

The artwork is very jarring, because it’s annoyingly hit-and-miss. Sometimes it’s pretty good, like the image of the ship and Adam and Teela in the tavern, but other times it just looks completely lazy, like the artist just thought "Screw it" and finished the work as quickly as he could. Case in point: in one of the shots Skeletor's arm is ridiculously huge. Almost bigger than him. I just think things like that are unforgivable. I do like the fact that we’re seeing a different spin on MOTU, though. Not everything always has to be the same. I actually welcome that. Some of the stuff we've seen so far is pretty good. I just really have a problem with the quality of these comics in general. Mainly the artwork, but also in the writing. The way some of the characters speak just seems way off. This is supposed to be another world!

Saying that, I am looking forward to the rest of the series. I also await the Skeletor origin issue with great anticipation. I know Skeletor's origin is quite well known now, but I do like some of the new spins these comics are giving us, so I'm quite intrigued by a new take on his origin. I do hope Hordak plays a part, though, whatever happens.
    Last edited by Krueger; October 18, 2012 at 03:22pm.

Yes the artwork is shotty. Not cause this Vals site but those MVC comics really were spot on with the Artwork. Its a shame that DC isnt putting in half the effort MVC did.

Im not into that He-man and Adam are outted. Whats the sense of being one or the other when Adam gets his mamory back....But now he can be King He-man all the time.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Anyone know if we're getting a new character issue today?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Does Keith Giffen know much about Masters of the Universe? Because I'm not sure.
    I think he mentioned his son played with Masters of the Universe in an interview, that's about it.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Anyone know if we're getting a new character issue today?
    Comixology's release schedule for this week isn't listing any for this week, so no, there won't be one coming today.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

[QUOTE=Brian Ozone;3142376]Yes the artwork is shotty. Not cause this Vals site but those MVC comics really were spot on with the Artwork. Its a shame that DC isnt putting in half the effort MVC did ]

So true
    Last edited by darrenk2283; October 27, 2012 at 07:00am.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm still finding this series soooo boring. I hate when comics don't have relevant images on the cover. Each issue of this so far has lied and had He-man on the cover when actually he is no where to be seen. I don't find it exciting building up to his appearance as I already know it's going to happen and what he looks like.
    They should have got straight in to the world and action, shown some under used characters not the same ones we always see used.
    I guess this is more to bring in new fans rather than please old ones. It still feels like they are using names and images, but not personalities of the characters I know and love.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Comixology's release schedule for this week isn't listing any for this week, so no, there won't be one coming today.

- Joni -
    OK thanks
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    I'm glad that I'm not the only person severely underwhelmed with this series. It's just so not Masters of the Universe. And while I have no artistic ability whatsoever, let me say that the art is terrible. Look at he-man's hand on the cover of issue #3. It looks like his pinky finger is another thumb. I have only one word to sum up this series so far: "Blah."

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I have to say I like the new artist!
    Philip Tan has been on the printed book since #1. What you mean by new artist?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Guys, I'm sorry, but I think I am done. I couldn't make it more than halfway through the third issue.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I agree that this series has become boring. I'm not at the point where I'm ready to say, "Thats it! I'm done!" (tosses comic on the ground and stomps on it, then sheepishly looks around hoping nobody saw that)...but I'm certainly not as excited about getting these comics as I originally was. I am still kind of excited about the Skeletor one-shot, however, so maybe that issue can renew some interest for me
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I love the new series and am anxiously awaiting number 4. I think they're getting better and better. I love the whole concept behind the story (bad guys have won and now want to keep it that way...Adam and Teela trying to figure out what's happend.....sorceress leading the way through Zoar). Anyway, the issues have sold out at my local comic shop the first day every time (went at 3 pm on the Wednesday that issue 3 came out and only got one cause the owner had put one on hold for me). So I guess I'm not alone in loving it!

How many people are only buying it just because it is MOTU? Silly as it is, that's the only reason I'm buying it. Though if it doesn't get any better I'll have to stop.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    How many people are only buying it just because it is MOTU? Silly as it is, that's the only reason I'm buying it. Though if it doesn't get any better I'll have to stop.
    That was pretty much it for me. I thought the first issue was less than stellar, and if it was not He-Man, I wouldn't have given it another shot. Issue 2 came, and I thought it was a slight improvement, but I got my third issue the other day and as I said, I could not even make it halfway through. The artwork is atrocious, the story is boring, and most of all, there is nothing He-Man about it. For being a 6 issue miniseries, they sure are taking their sweet ass time with it, meaning the final issue is going to be some long battle rush job.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I liked the issue (although some of the art seemed rushed) & am looking fwd to the next "Island Episode!"
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

impressive
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I like Keldor's melting face. Quite creepy. I don't like the style used for the flashback, though. Still, it seems quite interesting. For a second, I was worried that that "man" was Hordak. Glad to read its one of his men. Also glad that Hordak is clearly going to be playing a part.