Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1834

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    The "GAH!" panel reminds me of an Engineer from Prometheus.
    I don't like the flashback art. Looks like they're gonna go with the Demon-Man/Keldor hybrid?!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    How many people are only buying it just because it is MOTU? Silly as it is, that's the only reason I'm buying it. Though if it doesn't get any better I'll have to stop.
    I'm one of those fellas.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Hordak looked a bit weird in this incarnation. Overall, the issue was okay, still glossed over a few parts such as how did Keldor lose his face in this incarnation?
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

overall i like the origin of skeletor, but what is with Hordak? he looked like a sprigand from Skyrim...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibbs View Post
    overall i like the origin of skeletor, but what is with Hordak? he looked like a sprigand from Skyrim...
    Yeah, Hordak DID look a bit weird. I'm fine with the redesigns as long as they are still recognizable as the characters, but Hordak.....I was only able to recognize a few facial elements to identify it as Hordak and even then.

I'm supposing in this new series, the writers are trying to play up Hordak more on the level as Eternia's version of the Devil, I suppose. It is nice to see the writers taking elements from the previous incarnations of MOTU. I think this is the first time the Gar race has been mentioned since the MYP cartoon series and they are still holding to the idea that Keldor is half Gar much like he was in that series.

It would be nice if, in the near future, the writers revisit the events leading up to Keldor's transformation to Skeletor like what kind of betrayal did he evoke that made him wind up wandering around with his face burning away?
    (Hordak Alpha))

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    It would be nice if, in the near future, the writers revisit the events leading up to Keldor's transformation to Skeletor like what kind of betrayal did he evoke that made him wind up wandering around with his face burning away?
    There's more to come. I posted an article about the writer in the thread specifically discussing the Skeletor issue. The article says that, and I quote, "Fialkov's not done with Skeletor, either. His story continues in a He-Man origin one-shot in January that shows how Prince Adam is bestowed a mystical sword and the power of Grayskull to become He-Man."

So there clearly is more still to come. Here's the article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...-book/1668709/

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Imo, the Origin of Skeletor comic really asks more questions than it answers. And continuing the story and bringing He-Man into the picture does nothing but complicate things. Can anyone tell me HOW Keldor got burned? Why?

Don't tell me it'll be addressed in the next "origin".

In all, I'm really disappointed in the series so far. Sucks.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Noticed this additional info. about Origin of He-Man on Comic Book Resources:

You had a one-shot for "Masters of the Universe" hit recently -- any more work in that realm of comics?

Yeah, I'm also doing the origin of He-Man, which is coming up with [artist] Ben Oliver. That's really fun because it's like a soft part two to "Skeletor." I think I actually changed He-Man's origin more than I changed Skeletor's. I wanted to really tie the two of them together so you can understand specifically why Skeletor hates He-Man so much. It always felt sort of arbitrary to me that he just hates this kid. "I hate you! I hate you, kid!" I took it and I followed up on a lot of themes of destiny and predetermination that are in the Skeletor one-shot. I'm incredibly excited -- Ben Oliver is such a badass. This past year, I've gotten to work with just the most amazing artists I've worked with ever in my career. It's really exciting.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Noticed this additional info. about Origin of He-Man on Comic Book Resources:

You had a one-shot for "Masters of the Universe" hit recently -- any more work in that realm of comics?

Yeah, I'm also doing the origin of He-Man, which is coming up with [artist] Ben Oliver. That's really fun because it's like a soft part two to "Skeletor." I think I actually changed He-Man's origin more than I changed Skeletor's. I wanted to really tie the two of them together so you can understand specifically why Skeletor hates He-Man so much. It always felt sort of arbitrary to me that he just hates this kid. "I hate you! I hate you, kid!" I took it and I followed up on a lot of themes of destiny and predetermination that are in the Skeletor one-shot. I'm incredibly excited -- Ben Oliver is such a badass. This past year, I've gotten to work with just the most amazing artists I've worked with ever in my career. It's really exciting.
    I'm not so excited to see that one now if he changed He-Man more than he did Skeletor......but I do thank you for sharing that Tally. Where in the world do you get all of your insdier info? You are like a spy agent, and I love it.

Heroic Warrior
    #3 comes in at #135 with 18,269 orders

http://icv2.com/articles/news/24377.html

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    #3 comes in at #135 with 18,269 orders

http://icv2.com/articles/news/24377.html
    I saw that on the list from your other post. Wow, this isn't good news either. At least it seems like it wouldn't be. 135 for the month.......that stings a little bit. I would imagine it would need to be much higher to warrant continuation. Perhaps the next issue will be moving things along enough to bump it up.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I saw that on the list from your other post. Wow, this isn't good news either. At least it seems like it wouldn't be. 135 for the month.......that stings a little bit. I would imagine it would need to be much higher to warrant continuation. Perhaps the next issue will be moving things along enough to bump it up.
    remember these are the numbers in the printed format, they also have been digitally edited and worked well. Anyway, I think the origin of skeletor will be the big hit.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    remember these are the numbers in the printed format, they also have been digitally edited and worked well. Anyway, I think the origin of skeletorwill be the big hit.
    Oh ok gotcha. I hadn't considered the digital side.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    There are NO MOTU comics coming out in February. The limited series wraps in January, but no signs of anymore one-shots or an extension of the series.

I guess we might find out in the final issue...We'll see if He-Man sets things straight and everyone wakes up in their original forms.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    There are NO MOTU comics coming out in February. The limited series wraps in January, but no signs of anymore one-shots or an extension of the series.

I guess we might find out in the final issue...We'll see if He-Man sets things straight and everyone wakes up in their original forms.

Well, that stinks there aren't any one shots this month! At least #4 of the main series is supposed to come out what, next week? By now, the story should start rolling along a bit faster since we'll be getting to the midway point with 4.
    (Hordak Alpha))

A big fan of Slush Head
    Issue 4 is now available at http://www.comixology.com/

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Beautiful cover! Can't wait for these to be compiled as a graphic novel.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

So far Dave Wilkins is the only one who made Evil-Lyn's new look work.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Great cover. Skeletor and Evil Lyn look amazing.

This issue's artist certainly was doing some fan service in the way Teela was drawn and inked. I thought the new issue was a decent installment. Moving the setting along now a little more.

Holy crap, was that disembodied head supposed to be Hordak?! If it was, a far cry from the Hordak seen in the Skeletor origin one shot.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    So far Dave Wilkins is the only one who made Evil-Lyn's new look work.
    Dave Wilkins is doing some great work! He is also a very cool guy, I really enjoyed talking to him a Power-Con!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    Is there a digital comic out tomorrow?

I doubt it. And issue five of the main series comes out next month.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Wasn't there an interview where a Hordak origin comic was mentioned as well?