Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1834

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Thank you much for your analysis, and I pretty much agree with you on that regard, however I wish the art style was more up to par and was a little bit more consistent visually.
    The only blemish I've found is how Castle Grayskull doesn't look consistent in a few issues. At first, I thought it was because Skeletor used his magic to distort the castle after he took it over, but in another issue Castle Grayskull looked normal again.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Who knows how often these comics are supposed to come out? I read the She-ra one and got hooked, but I'm not enough of a comic afficianado to know when the next one is supposed to be available. Can any of you help a girl out? Thanks!

Edit: I get my comics from comixology, if that makes a difference.

Unfortunately we never really know when the next digital comic will come out until a few days before it comes out. They used to be fortnightly but then the She-Ra issue came kind of out of the blue, which was a nice surprise. I think of that issue more as a one off presumably to co-inside with the new ongoing series that starts in April. I don't know whether anymore of the Digital Firsts are even planned at present. I guess you never know :-)
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    #5 of 6 from the print mini-series

#118 (of 300) with an order count of 16,858

Off hand I don't know how that compares to the others

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    #5 of 6 from the print mini-series

#118 (of 300) with an order count of 16,858

Off hand I don't know how that compares to the others
    The first issue opened at #82 with 27,665.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbee View Post
    Who knows how often these comics are supposed to come out? I read the She-ra one and got hooked, but I'm not enough of a comic afficianado to know when the next one is supposed to be available. Can any of you help a girl out? Thanks!

Edit: I get my comics from comixology, if that makes a difference.
    Issue six of the He-Man series and an 'Origin of He-Man' one shot issue are supposed to come out on the same day at the end of the month.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The first issue opened at #82 with 27,665.
    I think this number is because the He-Man and Skeletor cover variant ,many people buy both . I think the average motu is 15.00 to 20.000 (in printed format excluding the digital format )
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    DC Comics has previews of both issue #6 and the Origins of He-Man comic on their Facebook page. They both look pretty good. They both come out tomorrow.

From DCcomics.com

"In case you missed previous issues of HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, Skeletor has rewritten all of Eternia’s history. Now, a scrawny and simple woodsman named Adam (a.k.a. He-Man) is haunted by dreams of his past glory. But will he ever remember his former life as a hero?

This month, HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #6 concludes the fan-favorite mini-series. In this explosive finale, Adam has harnessed the power to become the hero he was always meant to be. And with the help of his friends, he will fight back against the man who stole his memories: Skeletor! But when it’s all over, who will be left holding the Power of Grayskull? From writer Keith Giffen and artist Pop Mhan, HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #6 goes on sale tomorrow. Click here for an exclusive preview of the issue.

And if you want even more MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, don’t miss this Wednesday’s exciting release of MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: THE ORIGIN OF HE-MAN #1! In this one-shot, discover how Prince Adam first harnessed the Power of Grayskull. Plus, witness the first battle between Adam’s powerful alter ego He-Man and the maniacal Skeletor!

Written by Joshua Hale Fialkov and illustrated by Ben Oliver, MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: THE ORIGIN OF HE-MAN #1 hits stores tomorrow. Click here for an exclusive preview of the issue.

And don’t forget to pick up HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #1 this spring! From writer Keith Giffen and artist Pop Mhan, this first chapter of the all-new and ongoing adventures of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe hits shelves on April 17."

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    From DCcomics.com

"In case you missed previous issues of HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, Skeletor has rewritten all of Eternia’s history. Now, a scrawny and simple woodsman named Adam (a.k.a. He-Man) is haunted by dreams of his past glory. But will he ever remember his former life as a hero?

This month, HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #6 concludes the fan-favorite mini-series. In this explosive finale, Adam has harnessed the power to become the hero he was always meant to be. And with the help of his friends, he will fight back against the man who stole his memories: Skeletor! But when it’s all over, who will be left holding the Power of Grayskull? From writer Keith Giffen and artist Pop Mhan, HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #6 goes on sale tomorrow. Click here for an exclusive preview of the issue.

And if you want even more MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, don’t miss this Wednesday’s exciting release of MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: THE ORIGIN OF HE-MAN #1! In this one-shot, discover how Prince Adam first harnessed the Power of Grayskull. Plus, witness the first battle between Adam’s powerful alter ego He-Man and the maniacal Skeletor!

Written by Joshua Hale Fialkov and illustrated by Ben Oliver, MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: THE ORIGIN OF HE-MAN #1 hits stores tomorrow. Click here for an exclusive preview of the issue.

And don’t forget to pick up HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #1 this spring! From writer Keith Giffen and artist Pop Mhan, this first chapter of the all-new and ongoing adventures of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe hits shelves on April 17."

I hope the art work is worth it. And hope its a good story and has a lot of characters new and old in it.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

The art in the origin of He-Man issue looks epic:

Did issue #6 skip a month? I haven't been paying attention to the releases but it's not out yet, right?

RE the new art I don't quite follow how Skeletor can ask "Who are you?" Did he think Adam was dead and He-Man was some other blond guy buried under the rubble? Wasn't Adam holding the sword or was just reach for it enough to make it work? Also it reads like the "birthright" to be king and the destiny to wield the sword have been combined. Although that only confuses me more why Skeletor would need to ask who He-Man/Adam is.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Did issue #6 skip a month? I haven't been paying attention to the releases but it's not out yet, right?
    Correct. It comes out tomorrow. You can preview it here: http://www.dccomics.com/galleries/he...erse-6-preview

About origin of He-Man :wow ! as all art can like it or not but clearly much work is noted each panel, as quality of cover art each panel.

about #6 ,yeah ! the art is only by Pop Mahn and that is noted .
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; January 29, 2013 at 04:56pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

On Pop Mahn art (issue 6)

Wow from me too. I really like the interior art. Grayskull is looking more like Grayskull and character designs are way more polished. I hope they could stick with this artist based on the sample. Can't wait for the issue to come out.
    Last edited by Invicta; January 29, 2013 at 06:06pm.

Except for Dave Wilkins covers, this is the best art we got from the DC comics so far. I hope we see more of him.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    The art in the origin of He-Man issue looks epic:
    That's some beautiful work! Can't wait!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Can't wait for tomorrow to download...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Do we know if the cover for #6 is gonna be the full 3 fold image, or just the 2 fold we can see right now?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I'm trying to like this stuff... but being an original fan since '82 it's hard to accept the new media... but I'm trying. I know it's great for new fans.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wow, you guys actually think that origin comic looks good?

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    From Faker to He-Man.

dc-comics_origin-heman.jpg
    Yeah, I thought that was interesting. Could it have been that he was just doing a reflection in the sword and didn't realize it looked like Faker? Or is there something else going on? Huh.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Both comics are available for download on the DC App.

Issue 6 had a very odd twist that I did not expect. No Spoilers here. Waiting for a dedicated thread.
    I liked the origin comic. It was better than the Skeletor comic.
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Just downloaded them now, they look interesting.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar