Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    From the sounds of it, this isn't taking place in the MOTUC canon from the bios. It sounds like a completely original story. I'm surprised by that, but at the same time totally cool with it!
    I agree.

I find it VERY surprising with all the reworking of everything to fit the new updated bios, that Mattel would let DC just do basically a totally different story like this.

I think I new story is just what we need. I'm all over this!

P.S. Not that I didn't love the other stories we've had in the past minus some of the the bios...
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I'm so excited for this! Man oh man!
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So....Geoff Johns' relationship with Toyguru DID pay off...

Holy cow! I was just about to post this on the front page, but Valster beat me to it!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Finally!!!

I love that it's from DC(which seems odd since the mini-comics are produced by Dark Horse Comics). They are my favorite comic company as well as the company rensponsible for He-man's first comic appearance; both mini & full sized.

I'm not sure how I feel about the creative team though. I'm not a big fan of Philip Tan(his work is a little too scratchy looking for me) and James Robinson no longer reads like the same writer who once wrote JSA & Starman.

Having said all that, I'll definitely be buying this. I think MOTU is the only comic that would even get me to buy a comic from Bendis. Here's hoping this leads to comics covering different canons and eras like Filmation, POP & NA.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Hell yea kiddddd!

Sweet..back to the comic shop.......
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

James Robinson is writing... hopefully its the James Robinson that dleivered the masterpiece that is Starman rather than the James Robinson that gave us recent Justice League and Superman books that veered between ordinary and unreadable.

Still, after having given up comics in 2008 this is the first book that will get me back into a comic shop. Really hope sales are strong and it leads to more projects and eventually an entire stable of books.

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    From the sounds of it, this isn't taking place in the MOTUC canon from the bios. It sounds like a completely original story. I'm surprised by that, but at the same time totally cool with it!
    Same here! I like that they're doing something different with the storyline. It reads kind of like an 'Elseworlds' tale to me, and I'm totally happy with that. I'm actually kind of jazzed about this (I mean, it got me to actually stop lurking and post for a change!).

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I love that it's from DC(which seems odd since the mini-comics are produced by Dark Horse Comics). They are my favorite comic company as well as the company rensponsible for He-man's first comic appearance; both mini & full sized.

I'm not sure how I feel about the creative team though. I'm not a big fan of Philip Tan(his work is a little too scratchy looking for me) and James Robinson no longer reads like the same writer who once wrote JSA & Starman.

Having said all that, I'll definitely be buying this. I think MOTU is the only comic that would even get me to buy a comic from Bendis. Here's hoping this leads to comics covering different canons and eras like Filmation, POP & NA.
    Bendis? If the Sorceress spoke in Bendis speech with He-Man, I'd put the book down.

Wednesday afternoons this summer are gonna be very interesting around here! I can picture talkback threads, frontpage reviews, RGD comic episodes!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

IMHO, the pic looks fantastic, He-Man just rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I really like the promo piece of art they released with the announcement!

The concept is very interesting. I am intrigued! I think it will be cool to see a sort of elseworlds take on the property.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Heroic Warrior
    Finally, a new MOTU media ! It was about time...

Now, we'll have to wait and see if this new comics is worth it. But good news, anyway !

Yes! I can't wait for this.

I like they are doing a different take on the myths as its a new twist. I also like the creative team so I'm stoked. I am not surprised they aren't doing the motuc mythos but that mythos is a bit broken and disjointed anyway.

Looks like I will be double dipping as I will buy the digital copies and the trade at the very least. Maybe even single issues. Sure hope it gets a push at the Mattel or dc booth at sdcc.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    Hopefully it will be possible to order these online so the international fans get to read them.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    Yes, this is great news! Absolutely fantastic! It really looks like things are starting to build outside of the Classics line, great!

Hopefully these six issues will lead to an ongoing series.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, good news... But will they turn this new comic series into an abortion by incorperating The Mighty Spector??

Quote Originally Posted by ccfenimore25 View Post
    So I found this article via twitter on MTV Geek...its about a new Masters of the Universe comic series starting in June..here is the link to the article.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/04/06/...=share_twitter
    I wonder if there is going to be a digital version in addition to a physical "book." Anyone know?
    Say cheese!!!

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

HOLY TOLEDO!!!! Bring it on.....This is so exciting for the franchise and all of the MOTU fans. Great great news. Can't wait.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Interesting idea, I'll pick up the paperback when it comes out next year.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Glad to see the return of He-Man to comics. Hopefully this limited series leads to something a bit more on-going once it's done. Also happy to see that some new blood is going to be doing this. Hopefully Mattel Legal is a bit more lenient than the last time around.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

This is going to be great! I can't wait until July! Pity it's only a 6 issue series tho.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It's weird to see the (rather annoyingly dismissive) attitude that MTV Geek seems to have about He-man. I guess I didn't realize people thought He-man was that cheesy.
    One of the reasons that I never get any news from MTV Geek. I've always viewed that site as an internet version of a hot chick who claims to be a geek since she knows what Luke Skywalker looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    200x baggage.
    I'd also say that Robinson & Tan are bigger names which could possibly draw in people who aren't MOTU fans or haven't thought about the franchise since they were kids. I'm bummed that the writer isn't Geoff Johns though. Not only is he currently more popular than Robinson, he's also acknowledged his love for MOTU in the past. Maybe he can write an arc or mini-series if this goes past 6 issues.

I'm surprised by this as well. Since licensing a comic wouldn't cost Mattel a penny, I figured the reason we never saw a comic was due to the possibility of it conflicting with the bios. Since the bios aren't being used(or at least they don't seem to be), there goes that theory.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; April 6, 2012 at 06:42pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!