Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    nice interview tallstar; i wonder if orko will turn up
    In the MTV interview, he said there's a possibility he will turn up at the end the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    In the MTV interview, he said there's a possibility he will turn up at the end the series.
    Snarf snarf...
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    "Possibility" concerns me, because Orko is a main character. I hope we see Evil-Lyn too...I mean, she's a main character, but wasn't mentioned in the article. She-Ra would be AMAZING to see in this, but it sounds like this is ONLY about He-Man. Putting Adam and Adora together at the beginning would have been a new approach, as it's never been done before. The story they're doing now has been done in other media (Jackie Chan Adventures as I noted before).

I mean...I'm sure I will really enjoy the comics, but I think it would have been neat to have them together at the start for something fresh.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    "Possibility" concerns me, because Orko is a main character. I hope we see Evil-Lyn too...I mean, she's a main character, but wasn't mentioned in the article. She-Ra would be AMAZING to see in this, but it sounds like this is ONLY about He-Man. Putting Adam and Adora together at the beginning would have been a new approach, as it's never been done before. The story they're doing now has been done in other media (Jackie Chan Adventures as I noted before).

I mean...I'm sure I will really enjoy the comics, but I think it would have been neat to have them together at the start for something fresh.
    Adora and Adam together at the beginning would have rocked!

I'm assuming Evil-Lyn will make a definite appearance, although the it seems like the story will center mostly on Adam's journey and him connecting with the other Heroic Warriors. 6 issues probably isn't enough for much Evil-Lyn goodness. heheh

Thanks for the interview, Tallstar.

Nrama: How did you approach Skeletor?

Robinson: As you can see with the artistic representation, he's a barbarian with a skull face. He should be terrifying. And obviously, in the cartoon, he wasn't.
    What's he referring to? He's talking as if there's already been an official picture of Skeletor released. I thought that rendition posted on Deviant Art was just fan art. Is he talking about that?
    Last edited by Krueger; May 2, 2012 at 07:33pm.

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    This is now available for preorder on the May issue of Previews Magazine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Is there going to be anywhere you can pre-order the variant cover or will it not be solicited in Previews as a separate item? I understand that the price would be higher than the regular version, but I didn't know if I had to wait until the release date to secure a copy.
    I posted this back on the 18th:
    Here's the Diamond Codes for anyone that wants to pre-order them:
    regular: May120314
    variant-May120315-The variant is 1 for every 25 copies ordered.
    GET TO YOUR COMIC SHOP AND PRE-ORDER!!!

-You can take the codes to your retailer and they can order them for you. It's up to each retailer what they price the variant, though. You might want to check out mycomicshop.com or DCBS if your in the states.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Well, Robinson seems to have his head in a good place while approaching the material. I am intrigued to see where he takes it!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

James Robison is a favourite creator of mine. One reason i love him is his brillent attention to detail in terms of character conections and another is his take on unusual families and how they interplay. given enough time i have no doubt Robinson will get to Adora in an interesting way

if i pre-order, do i go and do that each time for each of the six issues? i can only see the first issue up; do the rest get added to their catalogue one by one in time?

if i pre-order, do i go and do that each time for each of the six issues? i can only see the first issue up; do the rest get added to their catalogue one by one in time?
    Who are you getting it through???

Most comic stores off a pull list service and pull the books your list month after month. (what i use)
    SOme stores might just put first issue aside for you but not get more. Be specfic and ask them to pull every issue for you (although keep in mind most stores need you to pull a certain number of books to have a pullist, usually between 3-5 titles,)

Some online comic services offer this but most of those just go month to month.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Who are you getting it through???

Most comic stores off a pull list service and pull the books your list month after month. (what i use)
    SOme stores might just put first issue aside for you but not get more. Be specfic and ask them to pull every issue for you (although keep in mind most stores need you to pull a certain number of books to have a pullist, usually between 3-5 titles,)

Some online comic services offer this but most of those just go month to month.
    i was going to order through ComicZone.co.uk; can't find anyone else that ships internationally with reasonable postage rates (which is tripling the cost).

It all depends on who you get them from. I use Mile High Comics and with them it is a subscription service. I can set it up so I get all the issues once I order issue #1. You may want to check if ComicZone.co.uk offers a similar service.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

OK I just checked with comicshop.de and they are sending to most european countries but don't have them in their system (shipping costs ... but they are not going to be too high since the packages are small) ... so if anyone is interested please contact them directly via kontakt@comicshop.de .

Cheers.

i was going to order through ComicZone.co.uk; can't find anyone else that ships internationally with reasonable postage rates (which is tripling the cost).
    Comiczone seems to have a kind of subscription service available (you'll need to contact them via phone or email), but it has one drawback, the fact that they only send subscribed items out at the end of the month.

Personally I'm going to order/pre-order every month during the comic series' run, so I can have the comics in my hand as soon as possible.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

added to my pull list and requested both covers from my local shop. I'm excited!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Pre-Order the new He-Man series from Midtowncomics.com and you get 50% off. I have switched to there from my local shop. My local shop only gives a 10% discount whereas Midtown Comics I get a 35% discount when I pre-order from Previews and all comics are bagged and boarded for free plus orders over $75 qualify for free shipping and since I don't live in NY I don't have to pay sales tax. The only minor drawback is they hold you order until all issues are in. I can live with that since i was spending an average of $200 a month on comics and bags/boards and now I'm only spending about $120.
    Last edited by jerec350; May 3, 2012 at 02:36pm.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Look around in your era Ealo, their may not be a comic shop in traveling distance but alot of comic shops mail books out for people further out. often a cheap way to avoid international shipping

Or if your not a collector and just want the stories you could buy them online from DC and get the trade when it comes out!

Lots of options

ALso guys its free Comic Book Day on saturday!

Go to any good store for lots of free stuff

If you want Masters from dc later this year the ordering time from stores is coming up soon. so be sure to to tell the folks behind the counter you want the book. Comics are ordered in small amounts, you can't count on walking into the store and it just being on the shelf. and if the store dosen't know people want it they may not order it to begin with.
    Last edited by eddie3429; May 3, 2012 at 05:23pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does anyone happen to have a link to James Robinson's Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well, Robinson seems to have his head in a good place while approaching the material. I am intrigued to see where he takes it!
    I agree. I really love the fact that he wasn't previously familiar with the material, yet has a respect for core fans in general, and takes that into account. I'm really excited to read his fresh take on the story (as well as seeing Phillip's fresh take on the art.)
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Look around in your era Ealo, their may not be a comic shop in traveling distance but alot of comic shops mail books out for people further out. often a cheap way to avoid international shipping.
    thx dude. i had a look around - can't find a shop that has a preorder for it up in NL, shipping from UK is not too murderous though!

do we know what the 2nd cover looks like yet?

Has anyone checked out heavyink.com? I googled the diamond code for the comics and fell onto this site. It looks like you can subscribe to them as well and also request for them to ship you an alternate covers (variants). Just wanted to see if anyone has used them and had any reviews..
    I have two loves in my life... Halloween Click Here and He-man!Click here

You can also check out my new Halloween Online Store HereMOURNING NIGHTMARES HALLOWEEN STORE

If my my family asks.. its my wife and kids.

Everyone, please remember that links to online stores are only allowed in the Marketplace.

Someone may even want to start up a DC Comic Preorder Resource thread in the MOTUC marketplace. I bet a lot of fans will find that helpful.

Thanks!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

with an image of the variant cover!!! looks sweet!!

Thanks for posting that!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

No problemo.