Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

thanks for posting that. nice read. i like the skeletor art a lot.

200x Snake mountain...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    200x Snake mountain...
    i think for a while now it will be the standard snake mountain. IMO it was the one MYP Background set piece that most took too over filmation. (most not all)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

200x Snake mountain...
    I know, right? I much prefer the green tint to the Filmation version.

Even Skeletor's face is closer to 2002 with its melted look.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; May 7, 2012 at 12:25pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The last three questions and answers were really interesting! I like the sound of this:

"I've taken that as part of my inspiration and am now making what I believe to be a story that is a nice sophistication of those old TV shows, which used the villains primarily for comic relief. It's slightly more serious but not without the same sense of wonder, excitement and fun the TV show provided to its fans."

I also found it interesting that it's being done on the west coast entirely and is barely a DC comic except that they are publishing it.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

That Skeletor pic is amazing!!! I so can not wait to get this mini-series. I am glad to see they are making Skeletor scary.
    Last edited by Wonder Princess; May 7, 2012 at 12:33pm. Reason: added to
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Skeletor looks mean as hell - and that is the most important thing to me (beside him actually still looking like Skeletor - which he does here). I like how Robinson describes his depiction of Skeletor. I like that he's raising the havoc staff because to me that implies a focus on his magical powers in this series - which I'd like to see. But he's also big and muscular and veiny - I'd love to see this guy moving around on a screen somewhere. Interesting that there is no sword here.

I'm fine with Snake Mountain here.

I can't wait to get this!

200x Snake mountain...
    I do not think Mattel has Filmation rights for comics, those still lie with Classic Media.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I love that Skeletor cover!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I love the loss of memory idea, great to reboot the franchise with adam as a woodsmen but i think we will find alot of what took place before hand is what we know already, both a kick off and a continuation ... what obinson does best, just read JSA trade one

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Nice interview and really cool cover! I like it better than the He-Man one, I think. After reading this interview, I still do not think Robinson has any idea about the MYP cartoon or the MVC comics. He mentions Filmation, the 4H toyline (I think he means the 200X toyline) and comics (which, could mean anything). He keeps saying that Skeletor, Beastman, etc. were always played comedic, but that's not so much the case in the newer MOTU stuff. *shrugs*

I'm very excited for the 6 issues still!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Snappy Threader
    That cover looks wicked cool, I can't wait to get these.

Umm...ToyGuru, can we have a Skeletor variant in MOTUC that looks like this cover, like right away - huh, huh, can we????

Filmation Snake Mountain, Palace of Eternia, and Castle Grayskull still are the best design wise...nothing else, in any media, comes close.

i hope there's more to it than memory wipe. it sounds like he replaced their memory. and he would have had to do something to put them in their new lives. if they awoke on the battle field, they'd all be looking at each other wondering why the hell their on a battle field.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I do not think Mattel has Filmation rights for comics, those still lie with Classic Media.
    Maybe... but on He-Man promo pic castle Grayskull seems to be very inspired by Filmation.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    The series sounds very cool overall, and I'm pleased with what Robinson is doing on the new Earth 2 comic so far, so I'm looking forward to his turn on Masters.

My only gripe is that he seems to be following the trend of calling the heroic warriors "Masters of the universe"
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

Maybe... but on He-Man promo pic castle Grayskull seems to be very inspired by Filmation.
    isn't this comic done under classic media and not mattel? that means that a 200x snake mountain is odd, doesn't it? (i got no idea though)

Out of ALL of the Filmation episodes he has to watch and talk about, he picks the single worst episode of the entire series to use as "just an example." My Stuff-And-Nonsense meter is picking up here... Typical cynical writer throwing passive-aggressive shade and barbs at beloved original material while professing love for it so as not to tick off old-series fans? CHECK.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    He got me when he mentioned Frazetta.Everything sounds great, canīt wait

That Skeletor art is bananas! I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Out of ALL of the Filmation episodes he has to watch and talk about, he picks the single worst episode of the entire series to use as "just an example." My Stuff-And-Nonsense meter is picking up here... Typical cynical writer throwing passive-aggressive shade and barbs at beloved original material while professing love for it so as not to tick off old-series fans? CHECK.
    I think it's just a good example from him to illustrate what he WON'T be doing. look on the what character do you never want to see thread and you'll see Crackers the clow, look for least favourite episode and it will likely be "the greatest show on eternia" it was definitely one of the series lower points, and it illustrates best what filmation did wrong (IMO) so I don't see it as a barb as much as I see it as a "don't worry, we won't be doing that" it sounds like he's going to be true to the prperty, he seems to respect the themes and the complex genre of it.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I dig the Skeletor cover. I wish we could have had a new vintage toy/Filmation inspired Snake Mountain, but I'm still cool with the MYP one.

Story-wise from what is described in the interview, I'm not really down with what everything I'm hearing. But hey, I'll still give it a shot.

After all, it took me a while to warm up to shock of some of the different approaches in the MOTUC toy canon, but there is a lot in there I like. I'm not sure why my old bones are still resistant to new canon takes.

LOVE the Skeletor cover!!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I dig the Skeletor cover. I wish we could have had a new vintage toy/Filmation inspired Snake Mountain, but I'm still cool with the MYP one.

Story-wise from what is described in the interview, I'm not really down with what everything I'm hearing. But hey, I'll still give it a shot.

After all, it took me a while to warm up to shock of some of the different approaches in the MOTUC toy canon, but there is a lot in there I like. I'm not sure why my old bones are still resistant to new canon takes.
    For me, I'm open to anything that I think sounds like a good idea, one thing that doesn't sound like a good idea is James Bond Orko. it just doesn't work. there are some bio aspects i like but most fall flat, the upcoming comic, my only fear thus far is - Skeletor seemingly knows Adam is he-man. that kind of knowledge always feels so final for me. it has to setup the end of our adventures, but again we will see how it plays out. as a mini series I wonder if they will just make it a complete tale or leave some opening in case the series goes big. they could always volume 2 a tale that changes things a bit.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I dig the Skeletor cover. I wish we could have had a new vintage toy/Filmation inspired Snake Mountain, but I'm still cool with the MYP one.:
    Now Mattel & DC have made me a confused consumer because Snake Mountain has multiple looks: Skeletor/Lex Luthor 2-pack & MYP/DC Comic. Help Me!
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection