Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Love it!!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I'm putting so much faith on this series!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

if i don't like it I'll be very letdown, I anticipate I'll love it.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

What he says fits roughly to the description of 200x. Granted that he is so general with terms that it is hard to say what it will be like without reading.

Personally I hope he had a chance to read the original DC comic, that sort world would be fun. Good plot is the main thing still!

Skulls don't frown. I'd have preferred Skeletor to have a face like an actual skull. But yeah, it's nice cover.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I'm completely and utterly in. Here's to an ongoing series! Though I'm sick to death of what IDW has done to GI JOE and TRANSFORMERS (bar their continuations of the Marvel eras), so I hope DC don't bog this comic down with convoluted nonesense and multiple, pretentious spin-offs like they did.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I'm really hoping this is a complete success that leads to an ongoing series...I'm jonesin' for some motu media to add to my collection!!! I like the idea of skeletor starting out on top in this series! Hope its awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Skulls don't frown. I'd have preferred Skeletor to have a face like an actual skull. But yeah, it's nice cover.
    they don't talk either (need muscles to move the mouth)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

He looks more like an old man than a skull.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Out of ALL of the Filmation episodes he has to watch and talk about, he picks the single worst episode of the entire series to use as "just an example." My Stuff-And-Nonsense meter is picking up here... Typical cynical writer throwing passive-aggressive shade and barbs at beloved original material while professing love for it so as not to tick off old-series fans? CHECK.
    He just used it to illustrate his point of how Skeletor won't be like, not to badmouth the original cartoon.

Then again, he implies that the villains were used as a comedic relief during entire show...

He looks more like an old man than a skull.
    Well he IS old...

I think that cover is great. I just hope it's not ENTIRELY impossible to get a hold of. As for Skeletor moving his face, I don't mind a little expression. A static skull would get a little boring over time, and it's not really in line with his depictions throughout the years.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I'm happy it's with DC and not marvel. It's a throwback and a thank you for them putting out the original 3 part series. Which to this day is still my favorite cannon.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Great for an animated series: You immediately know Skeletor's angry because you can hear him ranting, but still frames in a comic need to be imbued with a little more characterisation.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I don't know how this guy hating the Crackers the Clown episode can possibly be construed as bad.

I do like the way Skeletor is drawn, and I like the pose. Probably some of the best Skeletor art work thatís been done to date, TBH. However, I donít like the way whenever we get new MOTU art-work it seems that Snake Mountain must always have the bland and generic 200x design from now on. If itís a rights issue, then I would much rather they just revamped Snake Mountain entirely. Wouldnít mind a bit of cosmetic revamping here and there, anyway.

And I think people are getting very defensive when he talks about the circus episode, saying that he's cynically and very conveniently picked the most extreme example on purpose. Truth is, there are many more examples he could have chosen. The villains were pretty much comic relief in the original series. All he's saying is that they will be a serious and deadly threat this time out. I dig that.

Heroic Warrior
    Does this means that Skeletor knows Adam is He-man?

Edit: I agree with you on the 200X Snake Mountain, Krueger. If they can't get the rights to the Filmation Snake Mountain, then they should create their own version.
    Last edited by Greyskull; May 7, 2012 at 10:14pm.

Put me down as somebody who can't stand the 200X Snake Mountain either. Long live the FILMATION one.

Also, It'd stink if they used the 200X-style Castle Grayskull for the comic. It's always looked too clean and shiny IMO. Again, here's hoping they use the FILMATION model.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

a) That Skeletor/Snake-Mountain art work is amazing.

b) After reading the interview, I'm kind of worried now that this comic series won't be serious or dark enough as it should. Comparing the new series with the Filmation isn't what I call adult oriented. IMO James Robinson should've looked at the early comic art or even MYP's cartoon to get the vibe of what MOTU was all about, not the cheesiest works of Filmation! However, he still mentions Frank Frazetta and some of the video gaming art for inspiration, which gave me a sense of relief or hope, but enough to take my worries away... I'll be buying the series regardless though.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I love everything we've been shown or told about this comic!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I have not bought a comic in years but i think i may pick up this series. The artwork is awesome.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I have to say, after reading the most recent MOTUC bios, I feel this mini-series is going to have to go to great lengths to get much worse.

Also since, like with the MOTU 30th Anniversary art shown late last year, the 2002 Snake Mountain is being used, I really hope Castle Grayskull doesn't look like this...

I despise the idea of Grayskull's door being a plain, brown piece of wood.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I have to say, after reading the most recent MOTUC bios, I feel this mini-series is going to have to go to great lengths to get much worse.

Also since, like with the MOTU 30th Anniversary art shown late last year, the 2002 Snake Mountain is being used, I really hope Castle Grayskull doesn't look like this...

I despise the idea of Grayskull's door being a plain, brown piece of wood.
    Agreed! That looks like it's based off of one of their Castle Grayskull convention displays, both of which were HORRIBLE.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Vintage playset Grayskull is the definitive one for me... I hated the bulbous looking Filmation one.
    Filmation Snake Mountain looked cool but I never really thought it looked like a mountain... MYPs one knocked my socks off, it looked so grand and imposing!

I really hope this series does well and we get more MotU comics. Limited series or an ongoing... I'll take either one.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    His skull reminds me of Frank Langella's make up in the 1987 movie.

Love the art by the way.

The Skeletor cover looks pretty cool. Hopefully, it won't be hard to get.