Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    So when can we go to our local comic shop & ask for a pre-order for this new MOTU series??? I don't collect comics so I was hoping for anybody that knows to chime in on this. It's been a long time since I've bought a comic...200x comics awhile back so over 10yrs for me. THX THX
    I just subscribed to it today. See if any of your local shops do subscriptions.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I just subscribed to it today. See if any of your local shops do subscriptions.
    Yeah I actually pre-ordered(5 of them) from the ONLY comic store in town. But to get the VARIANT cover he would have to order 25 of them & he said they MIGHT order 15. So.....NO Skeletor Variant cover for me.

I think the variant cover will be hard to come by with Masters being a new and untested series for DC. I can't see a lot of smaller comic shops ordering 25 copies just to get the variant, but maybe I'm wrong.

That Skeletor cover is the Shiznit!

I also really dig the regular cover.
    – No comment.

This news has me inspired to complete my collection of 80's MotU/MVC comics...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I'm not a comics collector, but I thought the idea of variant covers were to sell 2 copies of the same comic instead of one. From what I'm reading in this thread, it sounds like variant covers are more like a chase figure. It sounds like the demand for the Skeletor cover will be exceeding the supply, which worries me because we need this mini-series to turn a profit so that we can get more comics in the future. And if there aren't enough variant covers to meet demand, then that means less sales, which means less chance of a future series.

I'm just going off what I've read here. Again, I do not collect comics.

I want the Skeletor cover, but I'm not going to any crazy lengths to get it.

Variant covers come in all number of ratios. They can be anywhere from 1:2, 1:4, 1:10, 1:25, 1:100, even 1:200. They are created as an incentive to get comic shops to order larger quantities of the comic in order to get the more rare ones. It may be seen as a gimmick but I think it serves it purpose to increase sales.

pre-ordered mine! i'm actually a lot more excited about this than what i thought i was going to be (i'm not a massive comics fan).

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Variant covers come in all number of ratios. They can be anywhere from 1:2, 1:4, 1:10, 1:25, 1:100, even 1:200. They are created as an incentive to get comic shops to order larger quantities of the comic in order to get the more rare ones. It may be seen as a gimmick but I think it serves it purpose to increase sales.
    So if the comic shop reached the minimum to get the Variant cover....How many do they get? 1...2...or 5 Variant Covers to sell??????

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    So if the comic shop reached the minimum to get the Variant cover....How many do they get? 1...2...or 5 Variant Covers to sell??????
    it depends on the ratio. if the ratio is 1:200, they'll get 1 variant out of every 200 books that they order.

Isn't this one 1:25?
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Isn't this one 1:25?
    Correct JW's. I called my only local shop and they have to order 25....he said they'd be lucky to even order 15. So for only 25 comics sold the Comic Shops ONLY get 1 Variant cover.

Does anyone know if you can pre-order a digital subscription (or individual issues)? I was checking out the DC site and couldn't find this... maybe I am blind? If anyone knows if this is possible I'd appreciate a heads-up. Thanks.
    Say cheese!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Well. I got my pre-order in.

Hope the comic turns out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    Does anyone know if you can pre-order a digital subscription (or individual issues)? I was checking out the DC site and couldn't find this... maybe I am blind? If anyone knows if this is possible I'd appreciate a heads-up. Thanks.
    It will probably be available on comixology when its released in stores. All of DC comics are. You don't have to pre-order, you can just buy it from the site when it becomes available.

Keeper of the Chaos Eye Neaves The Wicked's Avatar
    Well I'll be getting the Skeletor Variant and 2 of the regular number ones for this new series. I finally picked up a copy of DC Comics presents #47 which I believe was He-Man's first appearance in a ongoing DC comic.
    And you thought Skeletor was dead???
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    It will probably be available on comixology when its released in stores. All of DC comics are. You don't have to pre-order, you can just buy it from the site when it becomes available.
    If you order a digital comic on comicology, do you also get the variant cover or just the regular? I'm not sure how that works.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    If you order a digital comic on comicology, do you also get the variant cover or just the regular? I'm not sure how that works.
    Honestly, I don't know. I don't buy digital comics but I know people who do, so I'll ask. I'd imagine its just the regular cover, since its just an image on a screen, you could look at a picture of the variant and it would be the same.

The store I go to is one of a chain here in SD, and they get all the variants due to the amount they order. So if they get some extra variants that don't sell out right away, I might be able to help some here that want the variant.

I buy on Comixology all the time now. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to alternate covers. Sometimes they have all of them. Sometimes they have just the major ones (the A and B covers, but not retailer incentives). Sometimes they just have one cover.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The store I go to is one of a chain here in SD, and they get all the variants due to the amount they order. So if they get some extra variants that don't sell out right away, I might be able to help some here that want the variant.
    Oooo, that would be cool! I hope they're not crazy expensive though.

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    I buy on Comixology all the time now. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to alternate covers. Sometimes they have all of them. Sometimes they have just the major ones (the A and B covers, but not retailer incentives). Sometimes they just have one cover.
    Weird. Thanks for the info, though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Thanks; I appreciate it. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's a great question; I had not thought about that one...
    Last edited by Darth Daddy; May 14, 2012 at 06:11pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Say cheese!!!

DC Comics ISSUE #2 - RELEASE DATE AUGUST 1st

• ADAM sets out to reclaim the power of HE-MAN and find TEELA and MAN-AT-ARMS.
    • SKELETOR releases his minions to destroy Adam and keep him from finding his fellow Masters.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/he-ma...the-universe-2

Check it out. Loving that Candyman vibe Trap-Jaw's got goin' on

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hmmm...so the comic isn't held to the Classics designs (looks at He-Man's new harness and scale mail bits).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I smell DC Comics variants in the near future!