Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

OK pic., but not sure why TJ is wearing a cape.... would have been better to actually show his arm/body.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; May 14, 2012 at 06:05pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    For some reason that SCREAMS Arabian Nights to me. I take it, Skeletor's minions all wear those hooded robes? Trap-Jaw looks like he's ripping his off there. Strange cover. I'm not trying to makes this a contest or anything, but so far I liked the MVC volume 1, issue 1 and 2 covers (and variants) better, for the most part. The DC Skeletor one though, I like it better than the B variant of the first MVC issue. All just my opinion.

I hope the story is good in this new book.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yikes...
    Not digging TJ with a "cape"...
    And what's up with Smash Blade He-Man?
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Red Sonja who?

And yay at the sky looking cool in this art.

Not sure if I like the cloak worn by Trap Jaw. Maybe it's the villains(TJ) disguise as they start looking for the Masters....but aren't the minds of the Masters wiped out? So they wouldn't remember them anyway. Who knows....it intrigues me though. And I don't care for He-Man's harness and loincloth. Did he hire Mer-Man to make this?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Hmmm...so the comic isn't held to the Classics designs (looks at He-Man's new harness and scale mail bits).
    But it looks 'Classics' in the first issue.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    But it looks 'Classics' in the first issue.
    All we saw was the cover. It wouldn't do to make He-Man look too different or unrecognizable there. By the second issue, the audience has been already reeled in.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I like it. Alot!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

If I was a mother in the toy aisle and saw a He-Man with chainmail bits and a Trap-Jaw in a cloak I would be completely confused

Strange cover. Trap-Jaw looks weird, and not just because of the cape. I'll wait to see what the variant cover looks like. Oh, and I like He-Man's harness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    If I was a mother in the toy aisle and saw a He-Man with chainmail bits and a Trap-Jaw in a cloak I would be completely confused
    Ha, ha. That's funny. I can almost hear the reply to your statement: "But it's He-Man's face. He has just been put through the 'Classicizer'!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I think everyone is misinterpreting the cover. Adam's on a quest to put the world back in order. I'm sure by the end, everyone will look the way they're supposed to.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Not loving that cover in general. He-man looks too shrimpy. Not too impressed overall, to be honest. I think the capes might just be because they are in the desert. Not sure what's up with the outfit, but I'm willing to read the story before I get too judgmental.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Red Sonja who?

And yay at the sky looking cool in this art.

LOL THAT'S THE FIRST THING I THOUGHT WHEN I SAW THE SCALE ARMOR!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Hmmm...so the comic isn't held to the Classics designs (looks at He-Man's new harness and scale mail bits).
    For ****'s sake!!! It was bad enough when John Cassaday started drawing Cap with pinecone armor but now He-Man?

And it looks like he's now a medieval crossdresser as well. Does this mean He-Man "would never lie with a man unless he defeated [him] in fair combat"?
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; May 15, 2012 at 01:11am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    For ****'s sake!!! It was bad enough when John Cassaday started drawing Cap with pinecone armor but now He-Man?

And it looks like he's now a medieval crossdresser as well. Does this mean He-Man "would never lie with a man unless he defeated [him] in fair combat"?

^ That is the second thing that came to mind after the Red Sonja image lol.

This is kinda meh for me. He-Man just looks odd, besides the revisions to his armour etc, the pose just doesn't work for me. I am also not feeling the colouring on this cover... kinda bland and generic. (hope Im not insulting any of the colourists I know out there! )
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I like it! I guess I am thrilled by the very fact that we will be getting all new comic Honestly, I can't wait
    Evil Master of Thinking!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    So, will DC get the same level of interference from Mattel that Val got while trying to run his series or will they be given a relatively free hand? Hate to get into this and any potential future on-going book only to have it smothered by suits trying to advertise their latest product.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Not liking that cover at all, hoping the story is better then the art.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I think everyone is misinterpreting the cover. Adam's on a quest to put the world back in order. I'm sure by the end, everyone will look the way they're supposed to.
    I hope you are right. I prefer He-man to have his standard harness and loin cloth. I don't see why the artists involved would think this looks better. But maybe you're right, and this is like He-man finding his way to his old armor, like in the Spiderman movie, Parker's costume evolved. He-man doesn't have his sword here, so maybe he can't have the real harness yet either... and then he holds aloft his magic sword and says.... and bingo - the armor is back the way we remember.

Still, it doesn't really matter that much to me. I will still buy the comics and am anxiously awaiting them! I'm not concerned about Trap Jaw's cape, because that could just be a disguise that's easily shed. The coloring is very muted, drab, and limited in the spectrum it uses. It does provide for a darker tone, almost like a 70's movie. If that coloring contributes to an overall aesthetic for the mini-series, I might really dig it. But if the insides are brightly colored and just this cover is drab, then not so good.

An unarmed He-man is fighting off an army of dark soldiers with big blades. Feels more mature, darker, and like there might be some actual stakes involved. I am happy with that prospect. Trap Jaw doesn't look like a bumbling fool.

as far as the description goes, he's not he-man he's adam, trying to regain the power of he-man. I don't dig the rendering of adam/he-man here but i'd rather an awesome story first, I don't think I'm a big fan of tan from what I've seen( though I really like the trap-jaw cape or not) but my preferences for he-man are VERY specific, have been since I was a kid. I still feel the story is going to be awesome.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

This cover sucks!! He-Man looks stupid. Is this the most powerful man in the universe?? I don't think so ...
    I'm not buying this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Can anyone say "Candyman"?

I love the ghosts and ghoules surrounding the whole thing. Kronis' army. Yeah baby, kickin' some He-Man butt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Check it out. Loving that Candyman vibe Trap-Jaw's got goin' on
    Sorry, zodak74! Didn't see your post. LOL
    Last edited by TJRules; May 15, 2012 at 11:41am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!