Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Forget GI Joe and Transformers, YOUNG JUSTICE IS AWESOME, the characters have been redesigned but are easily recognizable, and the show is fantastic, it's got a great serious tone and throws in comedic elements, Justice League and Batman TAS were amazing, they did they same, it WASN'T SUPERFRIENDS or filmation's batman and robin, or the adam west show, but it was FANTASTIC. why can't MOTU get the same chance to grow and develop without fans crying foul??

if MOTU comes back successfully with a more mature cartoon and comic, who is to say there won't in the future be a brave and the bold style throwback series down the road?? Let MOTU get the chance to re-establish itself as a force. if you don't like it, well that will suck, but the possiblity that something you DO like will come along later only increases with each MOTU success.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    Sorry if I missed something here because I didn't read the whole thread (it is long, I didn't have the time), but shouldn't we wait ,read and see the whole history before criticize, all we saw up to now was two covers (in the first a very classic He-man with minor changes) and some sketches.
    No, we should complain incessantly about something we haven't yet experienced, it's the internet and that's the law!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's my issue with it. After four years and all the trouble Mattel went to with countless posts and podcasts about the brand having one consistent look. I guess Alvin's Style Guide art went out the window since we haven't seen any more artwork and the 30th is halfway over. Maybe the comic deal with DC changed Mattel's mind on the matter. At least TG can't use that branding excuse anymore when it comes to denying fans 200X heads.
    He meant for the brand of MOTUC, not everything ever dealing with He-Man for the rest of time. The DC comic has nothing to do with our toyline. A live action movie would have nothing to do with our toyline.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    No, we should complain incessantly about something we haven't yet experienced, it's the internet and that's the law!!
    I guess you right
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    He meant for the brand of MOTUC, not everything ever dealing with He-Man for the rest of time. The DC comic has nothing to do with our toyline. A live action movie would have nothing to do with our toyline.
    He said in the last 20 minutes of Roast Gooble Dinner 27 that "putting out two distinct looks was a disconnect for the line", but he also said having both looks out at market or retail sends a confusing message. I think he did mean the entire brand because it had no other entertainment at the time. MOTU getting new entertainment and the Classic Media deal probably changed all of that. To be fair, Toyguru did allow for new entertainment or rule changes from management to keep this from being an absolute rule on the same podcast.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

When he said that, he didn't mean for eternity. It was strictly about the toys, including t-shirts or other merchandise based on the toys. Not new media like a live action movie, cartoon, or brand new comic book. That wouldn't make any sense. You're taking what he said to the most absolute way imaginable.

The comic book has a separate cannon than MOTUC.

This is why he avoids answering specific questions about the future. If anything changes, we'll keep bringing up what he said before things changed.
    Last edited by SCB; May 29, 2012 at 02:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    When he said that, he didn't mean for eternity. It was strictly about the toys, including t-shirts or other merchandise based on the toys. Not new media like a live action movie, cartoon, or brand new comic book. That wouldn't make any sense. You're taking what he said to the most absolute way imaginable.
    I did say "To be fair, Toyguru did allow for new entertainment or rule changes from management to keep this from being an absolute rule on the same podcast."

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    DC Comics ISSUE #2 - RELEASE DATE AUGUST 1st

• ADAM sets out to reclaim the power of HE-MAN and find TEELA and MAN-AT-ARMS.
    • SKELETOR releases his minions to destroy Adam and keep him from finding his fellow Masters.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/he-ma...the-universe-2

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sit...HE-MAN_Cv2.jpg

I dig it! Nice little update to the classic while still being instantly recognizable as He-Man. Although I will say I prefer the red cross instead of the gold. Can't wait to see how the other characters tun out.
    Wabawalawoo!!!

Heroic Warrior
    In regards to people mentioning Alvin Lee- the deal they had with him was to produce art for different MOTU licensed apparel and products as well as a general use for the style guide down the road as an option for a larger branding campaign. It would be comparable to what they did with Emiliano when he revamped the style guide art from the 80's as well as when he worked on the DVD's and they used his artwork. All in all it's a separate part of the property that likely never had any correlation to the production of the comic which Mattel was obviously aware of as the creation of both likely were signed around the same time.

To my knowledge, people said they didn't like the designs shown as well as the artist & writer based on their past works. I don't think anyone said this comic is awful & it's a guaranteed failure. To be honest, I feel those unhappy with what we know about this comic aready have been perfectly civilized. I can think of several other recent threads where that isn't the case. I don't understand these posts who seek to quell the opinions of those they disagree with. They only add more negativity to the thread even though they claim to be doing the opposite.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Im very excited for this comic series and so far I've really liked what I've seen. I want something new, not a rehash of things that have already been done. I'll be in the series for the long haul. I talked to the owner of my local comic store today when picking up my monthly stash about it today to make sure they'll be added to my haul this summer!

I will say that toys and media having the same look rarely happens. Transformers, Batman, and G.I. Joe always have designs for figures that are very different from the media they are based on. Some times it is not reasonable nor does it translate the same from film or comic to the toy aisle. I am enjoying the art I have seen for the comics and they sound original and enjoyable. Having read a few of the old comics from the 80's I am positive they will be far more coherent. Instead of being told to "draw this brand new vehicle that's on sale" the artists are freed up to be original. I do not want the story from 1982 to be retold, that would be redundant and laughable. I appreciate the tone 200X offered and its style and look. 30 years later it's time for a fresh take on this amazing property. So I have my comic shop holding both covers for me each month and hopefully they continue a monthly series down the road. For me MOTU was a huge part of my childhood even though its older than I am, but I have always enjoyed its different layers that it offers. Currently this toyline is my pride and joy and any extra reading or stories just make it that much more special. I just want July to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    In regards to people mentioning Alvin Lee- the deal they had with him was to produce art for different MOTU licensed apparel and products as well as a general use for the style guide down the road as an option for a larger branding campaign. It would be comparable to what they did with Emiliano when he revamped the style guide art from the 80's as well as when he worked on the DVD's and they used his artwork. All in all it's a separate part of the property that likely never had any correlation to the production of the comic which Mattel was obviously aware of as the creation of both likely were signed around the same time.
    Some option...they had a press release saying that the art was going to go on everything from toys to shirts to lunchboxes. I wonder what happened there?

I asked TG about more Alvin Lee art and he said that there isn't anymore planned...

do we know what Evil-Lyn looks like? to lazy to read the 27 pages lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    do we know what Evil-Lyn looks like? to lazy to read the 27 pages lol
    No description given or sketches of Evil-Lyn yet.

We've only seen sketches of He-Man, Skeletor and Sorceress. Plus partially Trap-Jaw on cover #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    A long as no one is attacking the writer, artist, or their fans, I see no problem with disliking what has been shown so far.
    I agree. People are fine to comment if they don't like what they have seen so far. Just please always do your best to be constructive and as polite as possible.

But for what we haven't seen yet, let's not put the cart before the horse. The first issue debuts in July so I think we should give it a try.

After all, if the guy who published the 2002 comic is saying "let's try it out", isn't that worth a bit of consideration? Just a wee bit?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I agree. People are fine to comment if they don't like what they have seen so far. Just please always do your best to be constructive and as polite as possible.

But for what we haven't seen yet, let's not put the cart before the horse. The first issue debuts in July so I think we should give it a try.

After all, if the guy who published the 2002 comic is saying "let's try it out", isn't that worth a bit of consideration? Just a wee bit?
    Who is this manly werewolf beast of a man you speak of? I heard such things were mere legends!

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    Hmm, I may have an idea why He-Man looks so small, and has different armor. In the newest advertisement for issue #2 it says: "ADAM sets out to RECLAIM the power of He-Man". This implies to me that the smaller He-Man that we've seen with the bizarre chain mail on furry shorts, and the scale mail power harness is not He-Man at all, but Adam trying his best to look like He-Man while seeking to regain that awesome power once more. Perhaps they are going with the 200X idea of a younger, smaller Adam, as opposed to the same size Adam of Filmation. I'm very much hoping for this, as it really would explain a whole heck of a lot as far as their choice for the appearance of "He-Man".
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

Issue#3 by Dave Wilkins.

He makes me like the changes to the costume a bit better there.

I'm still not a fan of the new costume design(although that's nothing new with DC Comics these days), but that is an awesome cover with a great use of the color green.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Wow that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    He makes me like the changes to the costume a bit better there.
    I agree.

CLASSIC MOTU!!!!!!!!!! Brings back the feel captured by the old Norem paintings.

That cover is so beast! I wish it was more than 6 issues, since it sounds like it is going to be questing and gathering the masters. Only so much fits in 6 comics. So excited for it.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, I like it, looks cool.