Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    The one thing Masters Of The Universe never screamed to me was realism. It kills me how cynical people can seem these days. If I want realism, I'm not going to search for it in anything involving superheroes or a prince who transforms into the most powerful man in the universe using his magical sword. There's plenty of entertainment out there featuring "true crime" & "historical fiction". I see no reason to force other franchises into those boxes when they had nothing to do with them in the first place. This notion that things are only good or worthy if they are edgy, serious, and/or "realistic" boggles the mind.

Agree all around!!!

This is a world of bionic dinosaurs, talking tigers, Periscoping necks... A world where swords beat laser guns...

Somethings don't NEED to be 'realistic'. The more critical you look at something, the less it will EVER hold up.

An ultra realistic, gritty He-man would NEVER work.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Agree all around!!!

This is a world of bionic dinosaurs, talking tigers, Periscoping necks... A world where swords beat laser guns...

Somethings don't NEED to be 'realistic'. The more critical you look at something, the less it will EVER hold up.

An ultra realistic, gritty He-man would NEVER work.
    It already did, they called it Conan

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Can anyone post a link to the book on comixology? I can't find it anywhere!!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Got an Email from DC Entertainment, they list MOTU #1 digital first, special saturday release, this saturday! so it seems to be the real deal, a few days left folks!!!!!
    Awesome news, thank you! Saturday can't come fast enough!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It's so awesome we get to read it so soon!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes View Post
    Can anyone post a link to the book on comixology? I can't find it anywhere!!
    I didn't see it on the site, I have the DC android app (same as comixology but JUST DC) and they send you a weekly newsletter about the weeks releases etc. it lists MOTU as a special saturday release and digital first release. so the only place that I saw it was in this week's newsletter.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't see it on the site, I have the DC android app (same as comixology but JUST DC) and they send you a weekly newsletter about the weeks releases etc. it lists MOTU as a special saturday release and digital first release. so the only place that I saw it was in this week's newsletter.
    Yeah it's only shown in the newsletter thus far but it should be on the site itself by tomorrow with the sale starting Saturday.

Got an Email from DC Entertainment, they list MOTU #1 digital first, special saturday release, this saturday! so it seems to be the real deal, a few days left folks!!!!!
    *insert crying gif*

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    *insert crying gif*

WE DID IT GAIS!~

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    thats nuts!!

anyway this is directly copied from the email

June 20 2012

Ame-Comi: Batgirl #1
    *Digital First, Special Monday Release!
    Batgirl Adventures #1
    Batman & Robin Adventures #1-2
    Batman Adventures (2003-2004) #11-17
    Batman Beyond (2012- ) #8
    *Digital First
    Batman: Arkham City: End Game #5
    *Digital First, Special Tuesday Release!
    Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #197-200
    Batwoman (2011- ) #10
    Before Watchmen: Comedian #1
    Birds of Prey (2011- ) #10
    Blue Beetle (2011- ) #10
    Captain Atom (2011- ) #10
    Catwoman (2011- ) #10
    DC Comics Digital Sneak Peeks 6/203/12
    DC Comics Presents: Batman: Dark Knight, Dark City #1
    DC Comics Presents: Green Lantern: Willworld #1
    DC Comics Presents: Impulse #1
    DC Comics Presents: Superman: Infestation #1
    DC Nation Secret Files: Kilowog
    DC Universe Presents (2011- ) #10
    DMZ #48
    Doc Savage (2010-2011) #18
    *Digital First
    Dominique Laveau: Voodoo Child #4
    Fables #118
    Green Lantern Corps (2011- ) #10
    Hellblazer #200-202
    Hellblazer #292
    JLA: Classified #4-6
    John Constantine: Hellblazer - City of Demons #1-5
    Jonah Hex #30-31
    Legends of the Dark Knight (2012- ) #3
    *Digital First, Special Thursday Release!
    Legion of Super-Heroes (2011- ) #10
    Lucifer #42-44
    Masters of the Universe #1
    *Digital First, Special Saturday Release!

Metal Men (2007-2008) #5-8
    Nightwing (2011- ) #10
    Northlanders #29-30
    Number of the Beast #5-8
    Red Hood and the Outlaws (2011- ) #10
    Robin (1993-2009) #140-142
    Smallville Season 11 #8
    *Digital First, Special Friday Release!
    Superboy (1994-2002) #6-7
    Supergirl (2011- ) #10
    The Flash (1987-2009) #28-30
    The Unwritten #38
    Wonder Woman (1987-2006) #96
    Wonder Woman (2011- ) #10
    Young Justice (2011- ) #17
    All DC COMICS — THE NEW 52 titles are available digitally and in print at the same time. Go to readdcentertainment.com to find your local comics shop!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Checked the comixology site and still nothing. I'll download the DC app for my phone. I get emails from them too, but didn't get that one. Strange. The only reason I'm looking for it on the site is that if I go through the site of the comic store that I work at, they get credit for it. I'm sure it'll turn up Saturday. If not, I'll cry like that kid a couple posts above me.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes View Post
    Checked the comixology site and still nothing. I'll download the DC app for my phone. I get emails from them too, but didn't get that one. Strange. The only reason I'm looking for it on the site is that if I go through the site of the comic store that I work at, they get credit for it. I'm sure it'll turn up Saturday. If not, I'll cry like that kid a couple posts above me.
    I don't know how it works, but do they list upcoming books on comixology or just the current releases?

Fear is faith in failure

Widget
    if you go to the comixology page and visit their blog you can see the release schedule for this week which lists masters #1 as releasing on saturday, in my experience a comic wont appear in the shop until you can actually purchase it . In their faq they say it can take up to 2 pm est on sale days for the comics to be on the site
    Actually been a member since 2000 under the name Snout Spout. Had to rejoin due to being unable to change my old e-mail.

The 2 pm Eastern on date of sale is for DC's New 52 in order to give Local Comic Shops a chance to offer titles first, though most comics (non-DC) are available at 10 am on the date of sale. "Digital firsts," however, are different. Comixology's been experimenting on releasing digital exclusives throughout the week, including Batman Arkham on Tuesdays for the last several weeks and Legends of the Dark Knight on Thursdays for the last three weeks. However, the phrase "Digital First" may be poorly named. Some comics have been marked as Digital First because there have been no modern-day print counterparts, not just because they actually appear first on Digital. For example, I just bought a "Digital First" comic released this week on Comixology that's actually a reprint from 1981 (The Evil Tree #1 published on Comixology by Arcana Comics). That's why I'm still not convinced that Saturday's release is the new comic. It seems to me that DC would release the new title the same day as in the comic shops if it were the new title and there's still a chance that they could be releasing a reprint of an earlier title just for the hype ahead of the release of the new title. I'll guess we'll know for sure on Saturday, most likely at 10 AM Eastern, barring new, more specific information.
    Last edited by zyzyx1701d; June 22, 2012 at 04:15am.

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    The 2 pm Eastern on date of sale is for DC's New 52 in order to give Local Comic Shops a chance to offer titles first, though most comics (non-DC) are available at 10 am on the date of sale. "Digital firsts," however, are different. Comixology's been experimenting on releasing digital exclusives throughout the week, including Batman Arkham on Tuesdays for the last several weeks and Legends of the Dark Knight on Thursdays for the last three weeks. However, the phrase "Digital First" may be poorly named. Some comics have been marked as Digital First because there have been no modern-day print counterparts, not just because they actually appear first on Digital. For example, I just bought a "Digital First" comic released this week on Comixology that's actually a reprint from 1981 (The Evil Tree #1 published on Comixology by Arcana Comics). That's why I'm still not convinced that Saturday's release is the new comic. It seems to me that DC would release the new title the same day as in the comic shops if it were the new title and there's still a chance that they could be releasing a reprint of an earlier title just for the hype ahead of the release of the new title. I'll guess we'll know for sure on Saturday, most likely at 10 AM Eastern, barring new, more specific information.
    Why would it be the old one though? they'd list it as what that was titled or some such. It wouldn't make sense to release the old title at this point, maybe when things take off, but I have been wrong before. I just can't imagine it being the one from the 80s.

Fear is faith in failure

So excited to be able to read the comic on Saturday! Only a day to go!!!

Now, a dumb question, and I am sorry if this has been answered already - will the print comic appear in stores on July 4 or is that just the official date and the comic might arrive in stores earlier? You know how magazines often go on sale early (a July issue will be on newsstands in early June). Not sure how that works for comics, I am only a casual reader and so far haven't been so excited about getting one particular comic the moment it arrives in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    So excited to be able to read the comic on Saturday! Only a day to go!!!

Now, a dumb question, and I am sorry if this has been answered already - will the print comic appear in stores on July 4 or is that just the official date and the comic might arrive in stores earlier? You know how magazines often go on sale early (a July issue will be on newsstands in early June). Not sure how that works for comics, I am only a casual reader and so far haven't been so excited about getting one particular comic the moment it arrives in stores.
    in north america comics get released on Wednesdays, the release dates given are the day they come out, there comic stores get deliveries on wednesdays and that's new books for the week so the release day is the day the comic store gets them

Fear is faith in failure

July 4th is The 4th Of July here in the States. I wouldn't expect any comic shipments that day as there's no mail delivery on that holiday, they'll probably be a day late.

Most comic stores get their books on Tuesdays for Wedesday sales thank to Diamond(the comic distributor in the US). If you work at a store, you'll be able to see the book earlier than customers. Whether your comic store is open on a holiday is up to them. I go to 2 regularly and I know one won't be but the other one said they will be open when I asked the other day.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    July 4th is The 4th Of July here in the States. I wouldn't expect any comic shipments that day as there's no mail delivery on that holiday, they'll probably be a day late.
    how do they do it there? sometimes here if there's a holiday we get them a day early, sometimes a day late does it depend on the store? sometimes our comic shops are affected by US holidays too and we get them late or early dependant

Fear is faith in failure

The shop I go to puts them out on Thursdays if the holiday falls on Wednesday.

Why would it be the old one though? they'd list it as what that was titled or some such. It wouldn't make sense to release the old title at this point, maybe when things take off, but I have been wrong before. I just can't imagine it being the one from the 80s.
    The only reason it would be the old one would be to avoid undermining brick & mortar comic shops by selling them early. The reason I still think this might be the case is that DC has gone out of its way to avoid damaging it's retail sales, particularly with it 2 pm release time for the New 52 despite the fact that other comics on Comixology are available at 7 am (including DC back issues), and even as early as midnight on the Dark Horse Comics app. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't shake the feeling. We'll know for sure this time tomorrow.

Update: All right! Judging from the story on the front page it looks like I was wrong and it is the new comic that will available tomorrow.
    Last edited by zyzyx1701d; June 22, 2012 at 02:18pm. Reason: new info

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    The shop I go to puts them out on Thursdays if the holiday falls on Wednesday.
    Ditto. I have to wait til the 5th.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    YAAAAS! DC Comics is NOT ready for the MOTU Army. We will make this issue the #1 digital release on Comixology, their best selling overall title and they will deal!

Books WILL be released on July 4th in the US!!!! It's up to your local comic store just WHAT they're hours will be, though. Some might want to close early or not even open. And as for putting the books out on Thursday, that's they're prerogative, but it is COMPLETELY "legal" for them to sell them on Wednesday, July 4th. Diamond started shipping early just for this kind of situation.
    -And thanks to everyone for the heads up on Comixology. Can't wait til tomorrow!!!