Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1834

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Has anyone asked TG or DC yet if there are plans to collect the 80s DC/MOTU comics into a TPB? Seems like the perfect time to do so.
    I'll bet it depends on the sales of the new series and the trade to see if there is a fanbase out there to reprint it all for.

Imagine...Blonde Bikini Teela with today's computer coloring?!!!!

(Although sometimes coloring old stories with modern techniques doesn't work when you're so intimate with the old stories...Marvel recently put out a new copy of X-Men #1 with modern coloring and it looked strange. Some scenes were made even better (like the X-Men who were trying to invade the mansion), but others looked so different from what was first seen because the backgrounds were changed up or the colorists made the Danger Room control center's lighting all red.)

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    well to be fair to this arc, it IS a mini-series so I think writing it for a trade is excuseable. (my personal opinion)
    I agree. Most mini-series are one complete storyline so they are, IMHO, the epitome of "written for the trade".
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Yeah, recoloring comics can be a scary business. I got the recent Thor Omnibus of Walter Simonson's work and it's gorgeous. I haven't seen the full issue of X-men #1 yet to comment, though I'd like to. It really does depend on the colorist that is used, I think.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Has anyone asked TG or DC yet if there are plans to collect the 80s DC/MOTU comics into a TPB? Seems like the perfect time to do so.
    That's one good thing about IDW; they reprint everything. Unfortunately, even if they solicit a reprint book of older material, DC often cancels it if there aren't enough orders or some other issue comes up.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Help

OK, I´m confused...

There is a new comic series #1 (he-man/skelly cover)?
    and
    There is a new DIFERENT comic series #1 (sir laser lot cover)?

There is other series or covers???

THANK YOU ALOT
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MARKTRON View Post
    OK, I´m confused...

There is a new comic series #1 (he-man/skelly cover)?
    and
    There is a new DIFERENT comic series #1 (sir laser lot cover)?

There is other series or covers???

THANK YOU ALOT
    Yes, two separate series. I was a bit confused as well, but thankfully the titles are technically different.

The one that will be released as a physical comic book (He-Man cover) is "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe"

The one with Sir Laser Lot is a separate, digital only series and titled "Masters of the Universe" but definitely seems to tie in to the story that will be told in the actual comic mini-series.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone know what time they release the digital versions? Is it at midnight, or some specific time during the day?

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Does anyone know what time they release the digital versions? Is it at midnight, or some specific time during the day?
    i think its like 2 or 3pm on release day
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    A little birdy I know got issue 2 in today for their shop. Told me the story has promise! And some of the artwork later on in the issue looks pretty slick based on what I saw via my webcam. I'm looking forward to getting the first issue and seeing where this goes.
    That's good news! Also, that's a whole different kind of peep show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I have no problem with gore since I love horror movies. I just don't like it in my superheroes or MOTU. I consider them both to be a refuge from a sometimes grim & gritty reality. Although even superhero books are gory these days, so what are you going to do? I actually wouldn't have mentioned it if I knew you were responsible. I thought Kirkman was responsible and I doubt he'd ever read through these forums.
    I agree. There were only a couple moments in the MVC comic I remember being like "Woah!" I should start reading them again. I couldn't find all of volume 3, so I don't think I ever finished reading everything!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    You may already know this, but just in case not, the first one is arleady out.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    You may already know this, but just in case not, the first one is arleady out.
    I think EtherianChronicles may mean the digital release of the physical comic book (He-Man cover). IIRC around noonish EST on the day the comic comes out (July 4).

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I'd be the first to line up to get these. Growing up in India, the MOTU comics I could get my hands on were few and far in between. Despite having zero continuity or context, I thoroughly enjoyed them. (What art! What characters!)

I can't imagine the joy of reading them all today, packaged into a newly released item. Let's hope the new series does well enough to get them to think of this. You are correct in saying this might be a perfect time to do so.

Anyway, super-psyched for tomorrow!
    Last edited by superheman; July 3, 2012 at 04:45pm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I really like these character sketches- Trap-Jaw and Tri-Klops look completely badass! I especially like Tri-Klops wielding those two ginormous "2002 Fisto styled" swords!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    What's with all of the scale mail? It seems to be the new unifying element (like how everyone wore the same furry loincloth with the same belt) in this part of the mythos.

Man-At-Arms, Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw look good as far as the black and white sketch goes.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

well i just read issue one of this new series, i was skeptical, but its pretty good, i love how its starting out. great idea to have adam almost mind wiped lol. cant wait for issue two! the scale mail is easily forgiven with the writing!

Now show me the POP redesigns.

Just looked at DC MOTU #1 at my comic shop. Not for sale yet, but I got a sneak peek. Beast-Man looks better IMO than the SSL final page. Was hoping to get an alternate cover, but no dice. The shop owner said he ordered a ton of MOTU comics, but all the alternate covers were already spoken for. I hope it does well!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I'm enjoying those sketches far more than I did the brief glimpse of them in the Digital First comic. I wonder if EL's purple skin was just lighting and in reality it is gray? Not sure which design they went with (looks like the one on the left) but the one on the right is much cooler. And is it just me or is Tri-Klop's head on fire? A bit strange.

Man-At-Arms looks amazing though. Probably the first of the bunch I wouldn't mind a figure of.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I hope these are very EARLY sketches...they all look kinda...melty.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Like Man-At-Arms and Evil Lyn. I like Tri-Klops from his neck down. I'm not too keen on his helmet. The same for Trap-Jaw.

Why are there two designs of each? Is it one for the "real" world and one for the alternate time-line?

Beast Man's new look

wow this beast-man looks awesome , lot better ,beast-man from SLL comic was clearly a particular vision of an artist on these designs.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Much happier after seeing that Beast Man page...
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

yeah, the Beast Man page is what sold me earlier today on giving this comic its due. We'll see where it goes! Why not, right?