Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1834

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hordak one shot becomes one of the digital releases. I would be more than happy for DC to do one on every single character, a bit like the old mini comics from yesteryear

It's great that these guys are enthusiastic, looking forward to issue 2!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Giffen: The relationship between Adam and Teela is my favorite. They're best friends, and as I write them, I find myself comparing them to Blue Beetle and Booster Gold.
    So do I now have to hope that Blue Beetle and Booster Gold become a couple before we can have Adam and Teela as one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    So do I now have to hope that Blue Beetle and Booster Gold become a couple before we can have Adam and Teela as one?
    Booster and I are just good friends. Although, he's not much of a MOTU fan, and he didn't buy a sub. So I guess he's not THAT good a friend...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Very good interview, but I'm a little concerned at the Conan comment. I don't know very much about Conan, to be perfectly honest...but it seems very dark, gritty and degrading to women. In the PS3 Conan game you save topless women and have sex with them...and kill pretty much everything in sight. I do not want that for MOTU. Besides that, I've only seen the movies. So, I'm not very well versed in Conan.

If that sentence was removed from the interview was not there, I would be extremely excited. Right now, I'm excited with a side of caution.

Also, PLEASE let She-Ra be in this series!!!!

Does anyone know how to contact Giffen? He says we will see all our favourite major characters and Mattel said DC can use She-Ra. Make it so Giffen!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Great stuff. Love the Conan comparison.
    They (conan comics) arent really dark and gritty though compared to a lot of the new 52 stuff, especially Batman.
    It is more the Mature Fantasy vibe that Conan has that would work great for He-man IMHO.

I love the enthusiasm... the only thing Im afraid of are the radical (in my mind they are radical) redesigns of the characters. I think that even though they may "resemble" the characters its too far from the designs that really aint broke (so dont fix em!) The Horsemen redesigns were different in that they took the old designs and just souped it up. Tan's redesigns are a complete re-imagining... kinda like Marko Djurdjević did a few years back. Whilst the designs were cool they were just too much of a departure from the characters.

Thus far MAA looks ok, but the rest just don't work for me. They have lost their iconic look.

Quite frankly I would rather see a comic using the Classics designs...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Bought the first issue last week, didnt think it was very good, compared to MVC motu anyway. Thought the story was a bit crappy and the drawings could had looked better, hopefully issue 2 will be better.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

He sounds SUPER positive about everything, which is great, but I liked everything I read that Robinson said, too. And yeah, the first issue wasn't great, but it could have gotten better as it went on. Still very curious what happened there........but I will say that bringing Geffin on will probably cause a lot more casual fans to pick up the second issue than would have if they were disappointed by the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    Anything is possible in The New 52!
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; August 17, 2012 at 01:04pm.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Hordak one shot becomes one of the digital releases. I would be more than happy for DC to do one on every single character, a bit like the old mini comics from yesteryear

I thought all of them are getting digital releases, or are you referring to the digital only MOTU comic?

So far so good. Sounds like those handling the comic know what they're doing. For the Hordak origin, I hope they do away with Horde Prime. Never liked him. The character kind of diminishes Hordak's role and just casts him as another underling.

And I absolutely DESPISE the Filmation Hordak! I'm certainly glad the new books have NOTHING to do with the cartoon and are more their own continuity.

I love the atmosphere depicted in the He-Man and the MOTU & the MOTU books! MOTU finally grows up!
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Not bothered about the redesigns - If I was working on this type of media I would too change things - and I'm a massive MOTU fan. Sometimes change is good! We still have the old stuff.

The only thing which bothers me about the interview is that Teela and Adam have a "best friends" relationship! They should be lovers right off the bat! We've waited ages to see their relationship develop and now they're back to friends!?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Not bothered about the redesigns - If I was working on this type of media I would too change things - and I'm a massive MOTU fan. Sometimes change is good! We still have the old stuff.

The only thing which bothers me about the interview is that Teela and Adam have a "best friends" relationship! They should be lovers right off the bat! We've waited ages to see their relationship develop and now they're back to friends!?
    Sexual tension could be present. Some times friends turn into lovers over time.

OR maybe it's a Lois Lane type of thing where Teela loves He-Man, but is merely friends with Adam.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Wait, so now people want Adam and Teela to be lovers? I always thought it was their sibling rivalry and playful attitude towards each other that made them work so well together.

Heroic Warrior
    There has always been romantic tension between them. More-so in the MYP cartoon, but I would say it was there a little bit in Filmation as well.

To me though, they're one of those couples that should never actually get together. Theirs is an unrequited love, and eventually Teela has to become the Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    There has always been romantic tension between them. More-so in the MYP cartoon, but I would say it was there a little bit in Filmation as well.

To me though, they're one of those couples that should never actually get together. Theirs is an unrequited love, and eventually Teela has to become the Sorceress.

That didn't stop Veena and Grayskull.

I think the whole Sorceress "must be alone" bit was probably moreso for taking care of a child with Skeletor, Mer-Man and others around rather than actual celibacy -- as the Sorceress' "spring break fling in MYP showed.

However, Filmation and MYP are two very different shows...

Their romantic feelings go back to the early minicomics. The Son of He-Man era is being included in MOTUC now so we can assume Teela will be Queen Teela.

They shouldn't always be together, but that's how it's naturally going to end up (and should, imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Wait, so now people want Adam and Teela to be lovers? I always thought it was their sibling rivalry and playful attitude towards each other that made them work so well together.
    It was that way in Filmation, where they didn't have much romantic elements since it was a little boy's show. However, we did see some pay off in the last scene of He-Man's series where he walks off into the sunset with Teela -- all the way home!

(With She-Ra, they had more females in the audience, so romance between main characters wasn't as taboo).

In MYP, Teela has an unconsummated crush on He-Man that showed occasionally, most notably when he first showed up. Teela is clearly attracted to He-Man, but Orko screwed that one up. It happened again when He-Man absorbed some kind of powerful explosion into his sword. When it was revealed that he survived, Teela's icy demeanor cracked and was overjoyed. She ran to hug him and tried to cover up by saying that she was glad to see him.

In the Tri-Klops mini-comic, He-Man and Teela openly voiced their attraction to each other until Tri-Klops memorably screwed that up.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 18, 2012 at 03:01pm.

Adam is in love with Shalda.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    lol, I was going to bring that up. b/c later in the story, He-Man's feelings become clear when he calls Teela by that name in battle. A great little scene.
    Man, what a good story that was, can't believe it wasn't published.

Oh well, I'm sure people will be pleased when the movie comes out and Adam and Teela get it on. You know how Hollywood loves its romance.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Sexual tension could be present. Some times friends turn into lovers over time.

OR maybe it's a Lois Lane type of thing where Teela loves He-Man, but is merely friends with Adam.

I gotta agree. Having them as a couple right away seems a bit much. Frankly I'd like to see the progression of the relationship more than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I don't see a digital comic listed for this weekend. I hope there are more of them planned.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Oh well, I'm sure people will be pleased when the movie comes out and Adam and Teela get it on. You know how Hollywood loves its romance.

You're totally right there.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by ZacMasters View Post
    I don't see a digital comic listed for this weekend. I hope there are more of them planned.
    I sure there will be mate, it was the same two weeks ago, nothing was listed at all until the comic was posted on the Sat afternoon.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

When is issue two coming out? its been ages! even the bloke in my comic book shop thinks its far too long, he's worried people will forget about the comic at this rate