Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1834

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=Dr Kain;3117500]Yes. Like I said before, comics these days are written for the graphic novels, so most comics are like 4-6 parters now.QUOTE]

I thought it was only going to be like 5 or 6 issues? At that pace its gonna be less than a 20 min cartoon.

I guess me not reading comics has a lot to do with it. Maybe i'll just wait for them to finish the whole thing.

Anyone wanna recommend me a good story & art comic i can read in the meantime while i wait for this one everymonth?

Heroic Warrior
    From this preview,this issue is much better than the previous !

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    This issue will have Blonde Teela in it. The thread will explode.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm so glad they're not exploring any sort of romantic relationship between He-Man and Teela.

lol @ most folks hating on one of the few things I find interesting in these previews. (Castle Grayskull)

That Castle Grayskull redesign makes my eyes hurt...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    lol @ most folks hating on one of the few things I find interesting in these previews. (Castle Grayskull)

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm so glad they're not exploring any sort of romantic relationship between He-Man and Teela.
    Adam and Teela. HE-MAN and Teela might be different...

I like the sexual tension between HM & Teela. But only if it is followed by the ultimate **** block of Teela becoming the Sorceress later
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Is it wrong that I'm slightly aroused by them?
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I like the sexual tension between HM & Teela. But only if it is followed by the ultimate **** block of Teela becoming the Sorceress later
    That didn't stop King Grayskull and Veena from being married.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Is it wrong that I'm slightly aroused by them?
    You're slightly aroused by Allyssa Milano? You're weird! (Being completely facetious...)

I like that the Grayskull in this comic has an 'elseworlds' version of the Filmation pathway that lead up to the cartoon castle... it has those arches... but they look to be stone instead of rock.

It's fine. I have to keep reading it to judge.

I wish it were just an ongoing series without end... I want to see the world explored... I want to see OTHER worlds explored...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This issue will have Blonde Teela in it. The thread will explode.
    Hmm... you're jonesing for trouble?

Blonde Teela is cool in context.. in the mini-comic... as older Sorceress Teela. It's just an odd thing in this comic series... it would have been cool if she'd appeared red-headed in the digital pre-quels, and then blonde in the alternate reality of the main series... oh well.

Adora is blonde.
    Teela is a red-head.

That's just how I like it... and colors DO matter in visual fiction, especially this mythos. MOTU/POP/NA are all about COLOR!

But I don't hate blonde Teela.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Dave Wilkins Evil Lyn re-design looks much better here

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...11219551_n.jpg

Also his He-Man with the new harness

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...A078FDC1EC.jpg
    So freaking great!

Why couldn't we have Dave Wilkins painting the interiors on this mini-series!? I love his take on the redesigns, not to mention his skills in general. Sigh... what could of been.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Why couldn't we have Dave Wilkins painting the interiors on this mini-series!? I love his take on the redesigns, not to mention his skills in general. Sigh... what could of been.
    Maybe it can still be. Maybe Dave can do the interior paints for a mini-series or TPB, should this series take off.

Does #2 come out today?

EDIT: Go ahead...bathroom humor is expected lol.
    Last edited by WDWFreak53; September 12, 2012 at 08:25am.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Does #2 come out today?

EDIT: Go ahead...bathroom humor is expected lol.
    Yep. I have it.

MASSIVE SYNOPSIS/SPOILERS:

At the Skeletor CANON™ (he rewrote reality, so this MIGHT be how he wants it all to look like) Castle Grayskull, Skeletor chews out Beast Man for incompetence, but Beast Man claims that Adam fights REALLY well. Skeletor refers to Adam as his nephew (Mr. Shokoti screamed somewhere). He force chokes Beast Man while eating an apple, while Beast Man begs for his life. Skeletor leaves bumps into a servant and takes it out on her, turning her to stone.

Meanwhile, Adam and Zoar are walking across the desert when raiders riding Large Scale Desert Steeds come uopn them. Adam gets a dart in his neck and he is knocked out. Later Adam awakens at an oasis that the leader of the raiders is in charge of. (A disguised Teela is pouring water in the background) The leader is covered by desert raider cloth and revels that Adam has an uncle named Skeletor. He also mentions that he is named Kronis also called Trapjaw (one word in Skeletor's CANON™) and has his guards lock him up for the night. In the morning Adam is to petition for his life. At night, Teela in her Water Pourer Disguise goes to give Adam a drink, while a guard watches him. They quietly bicker before she tells him her name. At that, the nearby guard decides that Adam has had enough water and tells her to leave.

In the morning, Trap Jaw wants Adam to petition for his freedom, by asking someone from his court. If Adam is denied, he fights that person to the death. And then he's supposed to ask the next person, which repeats the process. Trap Jaw throws him his axe, but Adam ducks it and the axe embeds itself in a guard's skull. As the guard falls, Adam rushes over and grabs his sword instinctively. Adam is wondering why would he grab a sword if he doesn't know how to use one? Adam is running all over the camp fighting guards (he slashes one guys' throat and kicked him away while having another in a headlock) and winds up on top of a wagon. Trap Jaw tosses out the wagon out from under Adam ONE HANDED. A little beast comes from under his shoulder armor and in the next pic we see Trap's arm form some kind of scythe. TrapJaw is upset that Skeletor should have known that this plan wouldn't have worked. Trappy claims to want revenge against Adam, who is baffled. Weapons clang, as Trap Jaw blames Adam for his "handiwork". Trap Jaw is about to kill Adam while muttering the corniest phrase in the book, when a stampede of Desert Steeds plow straight into him. Teela is riding one and rescues Adam amid the chaos. Later, Skeletor arrives, sees the carnage and asks Trap Jaw why didn't you just slit his throat?

Adam and Teela start bickering again and she's about to go off on Adam "Filmation style", but Adam stops her because he never told her his name. Teela didn't know why she knew and her and Adam exchange a look. Zoar flies up and Teela recognizes the bird, saying that Zoar isn't a bird.

• I kinda like Adam and Teela's bickering. It seems pretty familiar.
    • Do the villains know that Adam is He-Man? Adam isn't supposed to be a great fighter.
    • Beast Man got his ass kicked by Adam, but Trap Jaw almost killed him.
    • Skeletor had a point...Trap jaw played this out like a James Bond villain and gave Adam time to escape instead of simply killing him.
    • I have a feeling that each of the six main Evil Warriors might try each issue to kill Adam until he reaches Skeletor. So we're off to Stage 3 now...going from the cover, it's a water stage!
    • Awww....only four and a quarter pages of Blonde Teela action. Bummer. Oh, well...I have the rest of the series.

Oh, I totally forgot about this coming out today. Thanks for the spoilers, MegaGearMax. I don't mind reading them before I have the issue in-hand.

Sounds interesting.

Snappy Threader
    Yep, on my way to go pick it up if they have it out.....

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Its not showing up on the DC app yet

EDIT: got it! But had to search for it, it wasn't under the new releases
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; September 12, 2012 at 02:43pm.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

That was pretty ok story to me!

I especially enjoyed Skeletor's and Beastman's interaction, I think Skeletor is portrayed pretty well! I do also like Skeletor's redesign, but Beastman's mohawk is still silly. Trapjaw worked better than I thought, although I do not like his exposed ear visually.

Really odd how design of Grayskull seems to vary so dramatically from issue to issue, definitely worst design so far. Too "heavy metal".

Didn't really like it that much tbh. It had some okay elements--the oasis, Trap Jaw's army, Teela--but the story was kind of meh. So far I like the digital shorts a lot more than the regular comics (although this one had much better art).