Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1834

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Didn't really like it that much tbh. It had some okay elements--the oasis, Trap Jaw's army, Teela--but the story was kind of meh. So far I like the digital shorts a lot more than the regular comics (although this one had much better art).
    I'm actually on the same boat as you are... I liked the digital shorts way better so far.

They are trying to make Skeletor this bad ass evil ruler, yet he leaves the good guys ALIVE?? Why??? Because Adam is his nephew? What about the rest? Skeletor should have killed them all...

And why didn't Trap Jaw kill Adam right away? They supposedly now want him dead or alive, right?

I think this already contradicts the more serious tone they were trying to go for...

"From here to Eterni...a"

Heroic Warrior
    I didn´t like it, it says nothing MOTU to me...

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Okay, so for the people who like to blast those of us who feel that blonde Teela is being used as a way for Matty and Co. to replace She-Ra, and who mock us for supposedly engaging in conspiracy theory behaviors, I'd just like to point out that Teela practically quotes She-Ra from SOTS (as the two of them are flying away from the Fright Zone following her saving him), explaining to a newly rescued Adam/He-Man that they have "a lot to talk about" (right down to the emphasis on the word 'lot').
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

If this can get new fans to the product... GODS BLESS YA!

And as a fan of He-Man & comics, I'm really digesting this as a "elseworlds" type of story, I can live with it... BARELY!!!
    But I am supporting it buying multiple copies hoping this can maybe do something I MAY LIKE in the future....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Okay, so for the people who like to blast those of us who feel that blonde Teela is being used as a way for Matty and Co. to replace She-Ra, and who mock us for supposedly engaging in conspiracy theory behaviors, I'd just like to point out that Teela practically quotes She-Ra from SOTS (as the two of them are flying away from the Fright Zone following her saving him), explaining to a newly rescued Adam/He-Man that they have "a lot to talk about" (right down to the emphasis on the word 'lot').
    Or it's a cute nod to the old-school fans.

I loved this comic. The idea of Skeletor's goons being warlords that individually control various sections of Eternia is awesome. I loved seeing Trap Jaw with 200X stylings. It had good action and some decent writing...though they really hit the amnesia angle really hard. We don't need a reminder every other panel... I really liked everything Skeletor did in this comic. I imagine he brought down some serious whoopass on Trap Jaw later that evening.

I liked it... hate the way Grayskull looks, but it was cool. I don't subscribe to any canon, I like new spins and ideas, so this is fun. I like that Skeletor regards Adam as his nephew. That they all know Adam is He-Man... that Kronis / TJ was *** up by He-Man which contradicts the Icons of Evil, but it's pretty cool. I like not knowing what to expect in the story because everything is thru a different lens. That makes this series very cool!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I haven't read it yet, but reading what others have said about Skeletor makes me even more excited for the origin one-shot next month. I'm expecting something unique that's its own thing. After all, this is a completely different continuity. The 200x comics gave us great things. Let’s see what this universe has got up its sleeve.

That was A-OK...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I thought this was okay. I like parts of what they're doing, especially the portrayal of Skeletor (or Darth Skeletor!), and I'm keeping in mind that this is only part two of a six-part series, but I can't help but wonder if He-Man might eventually make an appearance or garner a mention at some point in HE-MAN and the Masters of the Universe. I know he's had cameo appearances in the digital firsts (turning Cringer into Battle Cat and lounging around Eternos) but I'm starting to wonder if keeping even the name He-Man out of the story for so long is going to make casual fans wonder what in the world they're reading since the title character is nowhere to be found. Remember those Star Wars comics that came out in the 1980s that went way off the rails from the movies? I kind of feel like that with this comic series. You have to go in excepting that it's going to be very different from anything that came before it.

Did anyone notice that when Adam was captured in the desert and tied up that his head was completely turned around 180 degrees?! Was that an artwork blunder or does Adam/He-Man have owl-like powers in this canon? Also, I spotted a member of Trap Jaw's crew dressed in Princess Leia's slave girl outfit from Return of the Jedi. She shows up just before Trap Jaw tosses the axe at Adam.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

So what's the reason they just don't kill Adam?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    So what's the reason they just don't kill Adam?
    The most powerful weapon in the universe...writers block???

Even Skeletor asks Trap Jaw this very question and we don't get an answer.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

Movie mayhem!
    Honestly I am SO glad this is just a mini series. Because MAYBE just MAYBE after it they will do a real series and fix all the stuff in this mini that is annoying the hell out of me.

I'm sorry so is issue #2 officially out now?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Been out all day hard copy and digital.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Hmmmm, well, to be brutally honest, why did DC wait to release issue 2 again so late? It really doesn't look like they had to make THAT much of a drastic re-write when the old writer left the series prematurely. I honestly think this one still should've come out when it originally should have.

That said, the second issue isn't terrible. It gets the story moving again after the stagnant waiting for two months.

Adam and Zoar finally meet up with another familiar hero, Teela, and get things moving again. Skeletor's re-imagining of Castle Grayskull is understandable, since the skull face of the castle more closely resembles him.

Trap-Jaw seemed more organic in nature in this appearance, which makes me wonder if Skeletor, in his supposed conquest of Eternia, regenerated Trap Jaw's lost organic parts.

So, I'm assuming Adam was traveling through the Sands of Time? It didn't identify it, but that is what I figured.

Seems to me Skeletor must've divided off certain areas of Eternia into kingdoms for his higher up minions to control, if Trap Jaw indeed controls the desert.

All in all, it was an okay issue and finally brings Teela into the mix, but it could've been better.

This is going to be one looong quest.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I on the other hand liked it a lot, it's certainly different than what we've been accommodated to... Castle Grayskull looked too Gothicy in it's design elements, yet still retained that spookiness we always loved, it somehow reminded me of a couple of artists who were featured in the Heavy Metal magazine a while back. I really liked Trap-Jaws's desert clan, they all seem to be cybernetic creatures which really adds to the cool factor IMO, however, the design of Trap-Jaws himself was somehow lacking! Nevertheless, the whole vibe of this series is certainly darker much like the digital firsts with a totally new twist. I'm definitely intrigued and interested thus far.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The COVER TO HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #5

SPOILER about the issue story:

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #5
    Written by KEITH GIFFEN
    Art by PHILIP TAN and RUY JOSE
    Cover by DAVE WILKINS
    On sale DECEMBER 19 • 32 pg, FC, 5 of 6, $2.99 US
    • As Adam is close to regaining his memories, he must now battle his most faithful companion: Battle Cat!
    • Skeletor puts his final plans for Adam’s destruction into place...will Eternia ever be the same?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    That harness is God-awful.

As is Grayskull.

And Malefecent-Lyn.

And Mr. T-east Man.

Someone should have their pencils taken away forever...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

http://i.newsarama.com/images/hemmu_cv5_02.jpg

Awesome. I wish Dave Wilkins would do the interior art as well.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    That harness is God-awful.

As is Grayskull.

And Malefecent-Lyn.

And Mr. T-east Man.

Someone should have their pencils taken away forever...
    Hopefully, the reason why everyone looks strange is because of Skeletor rewriting reality. It is possible that everything gets restored to "normal" after He-Man defeats him at the end of the mini. I use quotation marks around normal, because what is normalcy? Filmation canon? MYP canon? Classics canon?

Dave Wilkins needs to work on a fully painted MOTU project! Call him up, TG!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

He's going to be fighting Battle Cat?! Wow! This might be interesting.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

The only thing that makes me sad is that we're getting this AMAZING art... with these designs. Sniffle. Still, I'll take it. He makes them look good, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

http://i.newsarama.com/images/hemmu_cv5_02.jpg

Battle-Cat looks extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Battle-Cat looks extraordinary.
    Yes he certainly does. I love how he looks so massive and very intimidating. I don't see an issue with the harness. I actually prefer it over the grey and red one.

Heroic Warrior
    I got issue #2. When I first read the first one, I thought it was kinda dumb because isn't Adam suppose to be a Prince? But when I read vol.2 and they said his memory was erased, I was like "Okay that makes sense". I like Skeletor's design and I thought it was cool that Trap-Jaw was a leader of his own village instead of a henchman. Though I didn't like the fact they gave Teela blond hair. Last time I checked, she has red hair.

Anyone know when issue #3 comes out?