Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1834

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

So has Keith Giffen replace Robinson on this series?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post
    Though I didn't like the fact they gave Teela blond hair. Last time I checked, she has red hair.
    When was the last time you checked?

Teela hasn't been a red head since June 2011...
    Since that point, every media appearance (comics, mini-comics, toys, models) have been the blonde version.

Anyone know when issue #3 comes out?
    According to DCcomics.com, Oct 17 2012. The Origin of Skeletor comes out on the 31st.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 18, 2012 at 06:37am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    When was the last time you checked?

http://collecting.mattycollector.com...05_600x600.jpg

Teela hasn't been a red head since June 2011...
    Since that point, every media appearance (comics, mini-comics, toys, models) have been the blonde version.

According to DCcomics.com, Oct 17 2012. The Origin of Skeletor comes out on the 31st.
    Didn't know about Battleground Teela. But I prefer red head Teela due to the fact that it's what I'm used to seeing.
    Sweet that the comic comes out next month (I plan on getting stuff to store my comics anyway).

Thanks for letting me know MegaGearMax

Just read the new issue. I thought it was ok. It's better than the last issue and there is a bit more happening, but it still feels like it's plodding along, especially when every other panel in the comic is Adam's thoughts insisting he can't remember something. Which felt quite grating early on. I really hope the series doesn't spend most or half of the time dwelling on one single point and has some better story progression.

I thought TrapJaw looked interesting overall. I'm still not a fan of the artists insistence on using scale-mail in odd placements though and there are some shots where TrapJaw's metal jaw looks like an unkempt beard. Perhaps it doesn't need to be so large.

Though there was some hint of sci-fi with the cyborg tribesmen, I kinda feel that two issues in that the series has sort of concentrated on the fantasy aspect a lot more (not counting the digital comics which have been more varied).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

The new issue was disappointing.

Castle Greyskull looks terrible. Skeletor's proportions always seem off. He acts like Darth Vader. His servants don't take care not to bump into him. At least Beast-Man's mohawk is gone (perhaps he got it shaved before seeing his master?). Beastman's idiom is off. One moment he is talking in a very clear way, the next (after being strangled) he's using broken-english.

Adam is always going on about his memory, or engaged in a sort of "wise-crack" dialogue. He's either not taking things seriously or belabouring the central point. He reminds me of a puppet being strung along through the plot.

Trap-Jaw was drawn wrong. He didn't have a bionic arm. At some point it transforms from flesh to a sort of energy-blade.

Not sure why Trap-Jaw is surrounded by robots. I suppose this prevents Adam from having to kill real people.

The plot has giant holes. Why is Adam remembering He-Man's skills? Adam isn't He-Man. Why isn't Teela under some sort of surveillance? If Skeletor wanted Adam dead so badly, why not just kill him during his "woodsman" days with a giant army? Why wait for the spell to go wrong? Skeletor's plan is just dumb.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Those weren't robots. They were cyborgs or at least guys with some tech armour on. Pretty sure that guy who took an axe to the head died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I received the first two issues today and was positively surprised. I usually dig comics with more dialogue but I think the story carried itself well. The visual representation felt very dreamlike and unreal and I imagined that was the intention aswell. I do think the writing is a bit clumsy and Adam does not yet feel natural as a character. And Skeletor's Darth Vadery moments made me feel a bit uneasy. But the change of writer in issue #2 most likely did not help this at all. Overall I'm enthusiastic to see where this is going. I hope this magazine will go on for years to come! Or at the very least finish this story arc.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I'm not enjoying the series at all so far. I'm not to keen on the art and the characters just don't feel like themselves. They look similar and have the same names but otherwise just don't feel like themselves to me. Can't say the story is grabbing me either.

Oh and Castle Grayskull looks awful!
    Last edited by Rodster6; September 20, 2012 at 05:39pm.

Yep. I'm reading this because it is MOTU. If it wasn't MOTU it'd be nothing.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Why is Adam remembering He-Man's skills? Adam isn't He-Man.
    What makes you think that? All of the kiddie cartoons always hammered into all of us that Adam transforms into He-Man by holding aloft his magic sword and saying 'By the Power of Grayskull!!!'

Of course, this comic is supposed to be a more grown-up take on the MOTU, attempting to be more akin to the original barbaric mini-comics, but it's been made clear the Adam/He-Man thing exists there too.

And, why wouldn't Adam retain any skills he's used as He-Man? After years of battles, why wouldn't Adam start remembering and retaining fighting and weapons skills.

As for why Adam is remembering all of his sword skills and battling arts yet unable to remember who he really is and what has happened to him, hard to say. Zoar is the Sorceress so maybe she is helping him to telepathically access those portions of his mind as best as she can. Maybe she was also the one who has been making Adam dream of his past as He-Man.

We don't know for sure yet, the series has merely just begun.

And, is there a new digital chapter of the MOTU series slated for this weekend? We're supposedly supposed to get two a month from DC while we get one issue of He-Man and the MOTU a month.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I dont know the scheduele for th online comics but do we get one today?????
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I dont know the scheduele for th online comics but do we get one today?????
    There is no new issue on the DC site.
    (Hordak Alpha))

The plot has giant holes. Why is Adam remembering He-Man's skills? Adam isn't He-Man. Why isn't Teela under some sort of surveillance? If Skeletor wanted Adam dead so badly, why not just kill him during his "woodsman" days with a giant army? Why wait for the spell to go wrong? Skeletor's plan is just dumb.
    Not to say it is a perfect plot, but here is my reasoning!
    - Adam could remember the skill from muscle memory. You learn to do something in your life, and your muscles sort of know how to do it more efficiently (a bit how you learn to ride a bike). Granted, I do not know if this is still the case if you have memory loss! However I can get pass this. Its also been used so many times in movies too, that I sort of accept this "Hollywood" fact.
    - Adam is He-man surely, its same person as muscle man or as a prince.
    - I guess Teela and others aren't considered thread. However I do not understand why they were not killed, even if Skeletor might want to keep He-man alive for his amusement, does he want to do the same with rest of 20 or so defenders?
    - The only reason given for Skeletor to have everyone's memory cleaned so far seems to be his personal amusement. Perhaps there is better reasons explained later. I guess that Hordak-like skull will have something to do with all this.

Hey, at least there isn't as many questions here as in the end of Prometheus movie

I finally read issue two, i liked it a lot. Grayskull looked terrible though but outside of that I like what's building here. If this WASN'T MOTU and I stumbled upon it, i'd still be enjoying it, Like I'm enjoying Demon Knights. Personally I like the story set up more than the MVC stories (outside of the dream hallowwen special, Icons of Evil TrapJaw and the issue in MVC that visited the past) those three IMO were perfect. mind you I enjoy the MVC series and I don't like comparing the two. but I feel in this series the writers are writing without being restricted, some might say that's a bad thing, but the reigns that were put on the MVC crew were VERY palpable IMO.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Issue one-Bleah. Terrible. Issue two? Well the new writer is at least going somewhere with the turd that was handed to him. I like it overall. There's plenty of story to build for an ongoing series, if it makes it past the initial 6 issues.

I've really tried to like this new series but it's just so bad.

I'm not going to bother with it any more. I'd rather get my MOTU fix elsewhere.

Trap-Jaw was drawn wrong. He didn't have a bionic arm. At some point it transforms from flesh to a sort of energy-blade.
    I couldn't figure out how Trap Jaws arm worked either
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I couldn't figure out how Trap Jaws arm worked either

It's as if the artists don't care.

Looks like the $0.99 digital-only series is continuing. #6 is listed for Saturday on the Comixology blog.

http://blog.comixology.com/2012/09/2...ber-24th-2012/

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    Looks like the $0.99 digital-only series is continuing. #6 is listed for Saturday on the Comixology blog.

http://blog.comixology.com/2012/09/2...ber-24th-2012/
    Good to know. Thanks.

It's as if the artists don't care.
    I was hoping aspects of the 2002 Trap-Jaw would be retained. Mostly the giant robot arm that could shift to the different modes. This Trap-Jaw doesn't seem very imposing or very cyborg-like. I like the series so far, but there are some blemishes.

Good to know about the digital only series but I wish they would go back to revealing what each issue will be about. As long as it isn't in black and white/Sin City-style this time around.
    (Hordak Alpha))

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    I just figured that lizard bit his hand off..
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

The updated release schedule for the Masters of the Universe comic is as follows:

Oct. 17 - Issue #3
    Oct. 31 - Origin of Skeletor
    Nov. 14 - Issue #4
    Dec. 19 - Issue #5
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Preview of the digital comic that goes on sale tomorrow morning! Just before Nick's TMNT, Clone Wars, Green Lantern AND Young Justice!

It's ORKO Time!

A strange spell is exploding out of control in Castle Grayskull! Only one person can save the lives of everyone in Eternia, and that person is…Orko?!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)