Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1834

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Evil-Lyn's face looks like Megan Fox.

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone know if a collection of this line will be released(hardcover or trade paperback)?

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Evil-Lyn's face looks like Megan Fox.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JorReno View Post
    Does anyone know if a collection of this line will be released(hardcover or trade paperback)?

I can't imagine them not. That's what the entire industry seems geared for these days - from the basic storytelling techniques on down.

Now what I do wonder is if they would just collect the six issues, and the Skeletor and upcoming He-Man one-shot, into a simple TPB, or if they will go the deluxe hardcover route and add in all the (so far) digital only content, throw in some "extras" (concept work, unused art, etc.) and do the deluxe hardcover thing (like those amazing Buffy books - a steal at the sub-$20 price I have been preordering them for).

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Dave Wilkins needs to work on a fully painted MOTU graphic novel. Seriously.
    I agree. To me it would be something similar to Marvel's Secret Wars painted by Gabriel Dell'Otto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    There’s more to the image after Beastman, though. Will we see it inside? I can see an arm and a mouth with a long tongue. At first I thought it was Merman, but the mouth looks pale blue. Almost like Fang-Man.
    Yeah, it does kinda look like Fang-Man.

For those asking about a graphic novel collection of these issues, it's up for Pre-order on amazon (UK) with a July release date :-)
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    For those asking about a graphic novel collection of these issues, it's up for Pre-order on amazon (UK) with a July release date :-)
    Yes, yes it is. Just checked. Interesting that it’s called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe 1:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/He-Man-Maste...7317675&sr=1-3

I would only be interested if the Digital Firsts series was included too. No Despara, No care.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Yeah, it does kinda look like Fang-Man.
    Even the pattern on the shoulder looks a lot like the pattern on Fang-Man's shoulder.... I reckon you both might be right! Good catch if it is, would be great to get Fang-Man in other media (And I reckon TG pushes for these kind of inclusions, so it's v. likely that it is him!)

Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; January 4, 2013 at 12:05pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

^ Yeah, it really does look like him. I want to see the rest of the image!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    ^ Yeah, it really does look like him. I want to see the rest of the image!
    Your wish is my command ->

MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    LOL cool
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

^ Something like that, I'm sure.

Dave Wilkins unleashed

Wilkins for president!!!!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Last edited by SCB; January 6, 2013 at 02:37am.

Wilkins's work is simply superb, wow!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Well stone me, I didn't actually think it was really going to be Fang-Man! Awesome cover Dave! I wonder if he'll actually be in the issue, as I've noticed with Dave's covers, both MOTU and Star Wars (the only comics I read), that they don't tend to depict a scene from in the actual comic.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

The Cover looks great, and artwork is very well done as usual, but i have some problems with it.

Fangman looks like a caricature... like the "mean" version of Wolverine in the X-MEN Goodnight story several hundred years back. Beastman ist way to big. I know it is a collage, but if they would be standing in a row, he would be like Tytus. That he used the Filmation Grayskull is awesome, but it makes no sense to me, in almost every issue when we see a grayskull it is different... wich sucked big time. Trap Jaws ... whatever it is, double axe thingy, he might hurt himself before he hurts somebody else, maybe that is where his scars come from, like on that bicep, he has a cut and clamps to hold it together, but his vain is still intact, why, how? The blonde girl on the right looks like a nobody, could be any random girl. If it is she-ra or Teela i cannot make out at first glance. There could help the tiara and the red hair if it is supposed to be Teela.
    And i totally hate those lightnings on man-at-arms' helmet. Re-Designs BAD! Bad choice DC. You want to support the line, use the classics design.

@ Sir Reilly
    She-Ra probably won't be in the 6th issue. In that one interview the writer guy said something of a Hordak issue after the 6 parts Series. So i would asume she will be in there. Or she appears at the end just to be the cliffhanger.
    Oh and i just don't want to see her new design...

I think most of what you wrote is just reading too much into the cover art.
    I hate you. So much.

Looks awesome to me... love it. This is the best Skeletor has looked in the new series... TJ is incredible, I like it. Hey I am a huge Mer-Man fan and the redesign gives him a tail... I'm ok with that, Mixing in a lil new perspective is cool. The older stuff is still there, and will never go away, so no worries!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

@ Masamune

No. Normally the americans are all about "what's on the package has to be inside", if not they sue everybody. Well, the first Comic showed a normal he-man with a filmation grayskull, that was what i expected to get. I've had so much hope this would be great, but then the re-designs were shown and then hell broke loose and massive discussion rose up.
    Classic He-man, Filmation Grayskull, why not? But no, completely different inside. When the Cover with Mer-Man came out, people wondered if he really is that big. No, he is not, but he grew a tail...
    And what i wrote is me wondering WHY. WHY was ist made like this, what were the reasons?
    Other than that the artwork is great, but totally wasted on those designs. It is amazing that Moss Man with is planet of the apes face, Stratos and Ram Man look more like the classics. Maybe they change their minds after all? At least the sword of power looks awesome

Honestly Maxx, I think the comic cover not depicting what's on the inside accurately is so old now that I'm surprised people are still surprised by it. Though I can still understand maybe expecting to see something more Filmation-like in the comic, but what I was really getting at was the more random nitpicks in the art and where you try to apply some odd logic to it.
    I hate you. So much.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I just got caught up and read all 5 and have really enjoyed them
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

@ Masamune
    Those aren't random nitpicks at all, at least not to me. I look very closely on details that catches my eye and i start wondering why was is made that way.
    Like in issue 5. Adam get's something in his right leg, after a few pages, he doesn't have that wound anymore, later it appears again, but on the wrong leg. That is stuff that makes me wonder and annoys me.
    So my questions are this, what went wrong, didn't the pencillers have enough infos? Are they annoyed with the work? Why did the editor not see it? Or did he see it and thought, "doesn't matter because only that stupid german will see it?" Well, we will never know.