Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1834

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Your Adam example is something altogether different than scrutinizing Trap-Jaw's scars or his weapon on the cover or why Mer-man was as big as a leviathan in another. Those things are there to look cool and not have logic applied to an absurd degree. Adam's wound changing places is a valid mistake and something worth noting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

The only problem I have is with Skeletor’s arm holding the sword. It looks like an afterthought that was added on.

I saved the full spread with Fang-Man in it. You can really zoom in, keeping the quality. Absolutely exceptional piece of work. My assumption would be that Fang-Man's inclusion is down to Scott. I really hope they announce some more issues after #6. Would love to see more Filmation characters.
    Last edited by Krueger; January 6, 2013 at 01:36pm.

The artwork is beautiful. Tri-Klops looks awesome. They all do, but I'd say he's the standout.

Fang Man's inclusion is baffling. The only reason I even know who that is, is b/c of the upcoming figure. I suppose that's why he's included, as some kind of half-ass marketing, but it's very strange to have a one-off filmation nobody show up in the middle of artwork depicting the most important characters in the franchise.

Oh heck yeah... new wallpaper! I'm so ready for issue 6 so I can read them. I'm not into the month wait. I bet Fang Man is probably the undercard. He-Man will KO him then go on to the final battle. Pretty cool to include him.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    The artwork is beautiful. Tri-Klops looks awesome. They all do, but I'd say he's the standout.

Fang Man's inclusion is baffling. The only reason I even know who that is, is b/c of the upcoming figure. I suppose that's why he's included, as some kind of half-ass marketing, but it's very strange to have a one-off filmation nobody show up in the middle of artwork depicting the most important characters in the franchise.
    Perhaps they're going to elevate Fang Man to a core character in the series. That's pretty neat. He's nowhere near my favorite but I think it's a swell idea to take a minor character from the past and give him a larger role.

After Adam gets his memory back and defeats Skeletor, Fang Man takes over as the new villain for volume 2.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Perhaps they're going to elevate Fang Man to a core character in the series. That's pretty neat. He's nowhere near my favorite but I think it's a swell idea to take a minor character from the past and give him a larger role.
    Yeah, I have no problems with that, and Fang-Man at least looks the part of a major Skeletor henchman. He fits right in. It just seems out of left field.

Yeah, I have no problems with that, and Fang-Man at least looks the part of a major Skeletor henchman. He fits right in. It just seems out of left field.
    Oh yeah, he's a left field inclusion for sure. I'd be more stoked to see someone like Spikor get called up to Skeletor's A-squad of henchmen. Not like it's possible to get bored of the core 5 underlings, but getting a later-wave baddie get called up to the big leagues is an exciting prospect for me. Fang Man works just as well and makes me want to keep his fig once it comes out.

I suppose you could say the same about Moss-Man. Granted, he’s not as obscure as Fang-Man, but he’s always been a second-tier character at best. I suppose they’re just trying to add a bit of variety on both sides. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Fang-Man shows up on the Castle Grayskull box-art. If not him, there will definitely be a Filmation character.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post

WOW!!! I can't see how any die hard MOTU fan could gripe about THAT artwork right there. Captures classic MOTU while injecting the 21st century incarnation into full swing. I'm really hopeful to see future installments of this new MOTU after the initial six issue story arc. So far, I've liked most of what the story (and the MOTU one shots) had to offer. Castle Grayskull's unexplained changes in appearance between different artists, however, has been a tad confusing.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Looks like we've got our new Earl Norem.

This probably has nothing to do with an on-going Masters of the Universe comic...but what if? (Though I agree the character shown in the art is probably a female, and not Prince Adam. ha! edit: actually later in the article Starlin is quoted as saying "guess who HE is" hmmm. lol)

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/01/07...ject-but-what/
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 8, 2013 at 06:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Wilkins's work is simply superb, wow!
    Agree....Wilkins art for me is getting MOTU more to the edge. And I love it!! So glad I grabbed his prints at Power Con last year.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Evil-Lyn's face looks like Megan Fox.
    I was thinking the same thing. Teela looks like Jessica Simpson.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

That cover is incredible! Can't wait to pick up a print of that at some point!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    WOW!!! I can't see how any die hard MOTU fan could gripe about THAT artwork right there. Captures classic MOTU while injecting the 21st century incarnation into full swing.
    I can. "They aren't the Classic designs" or "They aren't the Filmation designs" or "They aren't the 200X designs" or "They're aren't any POP characters". I think I hit all the tropes.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Now that I have read them all (well all the ones released thus far) I present...

Wolfy reviews / recaps the comics in 5 words per comic

(I count names as one word)

Print Comics

Issue One: Not much happens. Boring fight

Issue Two: Bit more interesting, Teela Joins

Issue Three: Best issue yet. Mer-Man rocks

Issue Four: Evil-Lyn is nutty. Good ending

Issue Five: Battle-Cat, nuff said... Also He-Man

Digital Comics

Issue One: Kids meet Laser-Lot. Fat villains

Issue Two: Man-At-Arms sneaks around, takes bath

Issue Three: Frank Miller-esque Battle-Cat. YUCK

Issue Four: Randor kills Leech, traps villagers

Issue Five: Evil-Lyn noir comic. REALLY BORING

Issue Six: Orko messes up. BEST COMIC

Issue Seven: Guy loses jaw...becomes immortal?

Issue Eight: She-Ra kills people, still boring

Skeletor Origin: Art is poor, story worse
    Last edited by wolfsfang; January 9, 2013 at 09:06pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I can. "They aren't the Classic designs" or "They aren't the Filmation designs" or "They aren't the 200X designs" or "They're aren't any POP characters". I think I hit all the tropes.
    Thats because, so it seems from the months of reading the comments about the comic, there are some die hard MOTU fans who seem to want to do nothing more than keep finding ways to gripe about the new comic.

But, it's as simple as this, instead of griping what they could do instead is just not read the comic. Don't buy it! Period!

What does griping do than merely make unnecessary nonsense for those who do like the comic.

I'm fine with the take DC is doing right now. It's new and a bit different while still keeping some familiar elements. If it were the same old same old, I'd probably not bother with it since the same old same old has been done to death. When there is too much repetition, a franchise gets very stale and boring. Star Wars comes to mind what with nothing but prequel stuff for the past several years.

As for DC's current MOTU, I'd like to see what they can do next if they decide to continue with what they have.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I for one LOVE the new series and hope it continues for many more issues!

In my opinion the current DC comics are revolutionary for motu, I had to say it.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    In my opinion the current DC comics are revolutionary for motu, I had to say it.
    Could you elaborate a little please, revolutionary in terms of what, art, story, character design?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Typical! completly ignored NA. I joke I joke!!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Could you elaborate a little please, revolutionary in terms of what, art, story, character design?
    Mainly tone , never saw that adult tone in motu and that I consider revolutionary to motu parameters.

Never before entered to the psyche of a character as the Skeletor comic .

First time to see a ruthless Horder Adora , killing people, a true captain of troops as many wanted.

Never saw a Randor take a decision so difficult and contraversial as in his comic.

Dark tone , death, sex, corrupt guards.

Several of these things have no precedent in motu.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Mainly tone , never saw that adult tone in motu and that I consider revolutionary to motu parameters.

First time to see a ruthless Horder Adora , killing people, a true captain of troops as many wanted.

Never saw a Randor take a decision so difficult and contraversial as in his comic.

Nice way to break it down.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Thank you much for your analysis, and I pretty much agree with you on that regard, however I wish the art style was more up to par and was a little bit more consistent visually.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.