Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

I'd like a cary nord cover at least, I loved his Conan work.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by wilee4 View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised to see that. Normally that wouldn't have been approached like that but Alex probably isn't an MOTU fan. I happen to be out of the office these past few days on a work trip or it would have been handled a little differently (I manage MTV Geek). But if you're familiar with the regular coverage of MOTU on the site you'll see that this was an aberration.
    That's cool. Would you guys be likely to see any previews of the comic when it's nearer release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    If you'd read the crap that he's put out recently, you'd get it.
    While I'm happy we're getting a comic...I have read some of Robinson's stories, and I have to say, they were some of the worst comics I have ever read. So I actually understand where the negativity is coming from.

Of course I will give it a chance and I'll buy it no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I'd like a cary nord cover at least, I loved his Conan work.
    Unless there's some leniency in his contract, that won't happen. Nord just became exclusive with Valiant Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    That's cool. Would you guys be likely to see any previews of the comic when it's nearer release?
    DC Comics has their own blog with previews on it. I'm sure they'll be the first place that posts any previews.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; April 7, 2012 at 12:06am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    DC Comics has their own blog with previews on it. I'm sure they'll be the first place that posts any previews.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I look forward to seeing how this will turn out! It's great that we'll have comics again. Wish it was an ongoing series instead of just 6 issues, and of course I have my preferences for which creators I'd like to see doing a comic book BUT I'm still excited for this! I hope it's good!
    Hey...Transformers initially started out as a four issue Marvel limited series and that went on to have 80 issues.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    A miniseries usually means a trial run. If enough sales go and it generates interests, DC will decide to pick up the series and go regular. Right now, I'm debating with myself. Should I get the actual print comics, or should I get the digital comics? I'm kind of leaning toward digital.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    First we had Spector changing the past, now it looks as though Skeletor is the culprit! lol

Not too fond of the storyline involving Skeletor changing reality.... Except for the Buffy episodes in season 3, parallel universes tend to bore me.

Well... I guess the good news is that we have new MOTU media! (I woul have preferred a 200X MOTU season 3 in comic book form...)

HD figures on youtube
    The wrong people are working on it.

This is great news!! Hopefully this develops into a good ongoing comic that doesn't have to adhere to any certain canon so that it can be its own thing. It's too bad MVC isn't working on this though.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I am really excited about this news! I'd love to read a new MOTU comic. Even something re-imagined is fine by me. Fresh takes are always great to take a look at. Hopefully the story will be character-driven and if they can throw any nods to vintage fans, that is also appreciated.

For a 30th anniversary year, this has been the best reveal so far. I can't wait.

Hopefully they can also do variant covers. Personally I love those!

Court Magician
    I'm sublimely excited about this! Are all of DC's new comics available digitally? Like, to read via an iPad? I looked at the DC app, but am not familiar enough with the titles that they currently print to know if they were all available...
    --Brent
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    We have to work that out with DC but I feel safe going out on a limb and will say 'yes' Or at least, I'll be surprised if we don't, we've had a lot of exclusives from DC and tons of previews, and do more MOTU coverage than any other comic site.

HEROVERSE IS COMING...

Lionheart avatar by Baena

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Right now, I'm debating with myself. Should I get the actual print comics, or should I get the digital comics? I'm kind of leaning toward digital.
    I think I'm prolly get both the print and the digital versions. Print to keep as collector pieces and digital copies so I can read the crap out of them.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Obviously I wish they had gone back to Val & Emiliano, but that being said:

This is awesome news! Love the cover! I can't wait! I'm not familiar with the writer so I don't know if he's got skills, but everything he said in the interview sounds cool and on the right track, so if he can execute those ideas well then we're all set!

I find it VERY interesting that his armor has less detail than the figure, particularly in light of the with the Filmation debate that's been going on here this week.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; April 7, 2012 at 02:25am.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Nice, very nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    James Robinson is writing... hopefully its the James Robinson that dleivered the masterpiece that is Starman rather than the James Robinson that gave us recent Justice League and Superman books that veered between ordinary and unreadable.

Still, after having given up comics in 2008 this is the first book that will get me back into a comic shop. Really hope sales are strong and it leads to more projects and eventually an entire stable of books.

OH NO. Was he writing JLA during the Royal Flush Gang arc...around the time Batman died? Cuz that crap was bad.

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    OH NO. Was he writing JLA during the Royal Flush Gang arc...around the time Batman died? Cuz that crap was bad.
    No. That was Len Wein the creator of Swamp Thing.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

This makes me very happy. Any new storytelling in MOTU makes me happy, no matter what.

But too bad Tim Seeley couldn't have written it. He's the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Filmation is seen as a joke and did a lot of damage to the property in the long run, and a quality new comic series with a dark edge to it is the perfect way to undo that and finally realize the potential MOTU has had since the beginning.
    Statements like this will never cease to amaze me. The truth is that withOUT the Filmation cartoon, MOTU probably wouldn't have HAD a long run. I'm all for a darkER take on MOTU than we've seen before, and I agree that it hasn't ever reached the potential* it has always had, but Filmation gave this property its heart and soul, which are the main things that cause nostalgia, which is mainly why MOTU still had the legions of fans that it does.

*I believe that MVC was getting it there and would have gotten it there(particularly with all the other books they had planned), had they been given the time and freedom needed to do so.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Im looking forward to it but i don´t like the story and He-Man´s face is looking quite awful. I wait and see for final judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    If they announce a new cartoon, I'm going tear it down right away.
    Well, this IS the internet, so what ELSE could you possibly do?

Give it a chance until you see it for yourself? HA! Then you'd have to change your title to "Heroic Master Of Lunacy!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i certainly don't recall the filmation cartoon having a negative affect on he-man toys (which as we know didn't look exactly like the characters in the toon) from the 80s.

star wars seems to have umpteenth different cannons and figures from toons, comics, and movies. same for joes.
    Except Filmation and the toyline went hand in hand- even when certain characters were depicted with a different look in Filmation vs. the toy line since the canon was relatively the same. Remember that Prince Adam and Cringer and all the other Filmation elements existed in the toyline after the fact of Filmation.

SWEET!
    It would be nice if you could order them through Matty too.

Using the pic as a Iphone background
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; April 7, 2012 at 04:08am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wilee4 View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised to see that. Normally that wouldn't have been approached like that but Alex probably isn't an MOTU fan. I happen to be out of the office these past few days on a work trip or it would have been handled a little differently (I manage MTV Geek). But if you're familiar with the regular coverage of MOTU on the site you'll see that this was an aberration.
    Quoted for truth- MTV Geek in the past has done extremely positive things for the brands featuring Val and Emil and several customizers as well as keeping the MOTU name out there all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I love Emiliano's art & loved the Easter eggs Val would spread from past MOTU eras in their comics, but they are not the only people to have ever worked on a MOTU comic. What makes it odder is that not only were they not the first team to work on the franchise with a comic, they're not even the most recent. I guess Mattel has it in for Dark Horse Comics, Tim Seeley, Wellinton Alves & Eric Powell too. Let's also not forget Paul Kupperberg, Mark Texeira, J. Scott Campbell, Robert Kirkman...
    Wellington screwed that up for himself when he sold work ahead of time that shouldn't have leaked- whether or not I own several of said pieces is irrelevant
    Last edited by vertigoink; April 7, 2012 at 04:10am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost