Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread April 2012

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread April 2012

Welcome to the Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread for April 2012!

Toyguru's Recent Posts on Mattycollector.com's Forum

Like last year, instead of posting EVERY little thing in it's own post, I'll gather them ALL the relevant MOTUC Ask Matty postings here. Keep checking for updates! The old threads are ancient history and won't be updated anymore. This is the new spot until next month.

As always, I'll put the most recent news up first, while the old news is down the bottom.

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread I
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread II
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread November 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread February 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread March 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread April 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread May 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread July 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread March 2012
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW STUFF!!!

MOTUC MOSQUITOR STACTION ELEMENTS

I know is not up to you but is 4H design.

But can I beg for Mosquitor to have optional/removable blood tanks, Insect Limbs, wings to match the Staction version? Just like they did with webstor/Stinkor/BuzzoFF! Being those staction elements removable shouldn't crash with the classics style of the figure....

The sculpt is done so we can't take any requests at this point for changes.
    short follow up Q

Thanks for confirming that there's something coming with Vykron if you buy him at SDCC; will we know what it is though before SDCC, or is it a surprise at the convention?

We will announce it shortly before the show.
    question about critta

hi i just wanting to know if critta will be in the line before the line end

as she was not out in 1990 i dont care when she comes as long as i know she will be done plmk big fan of her

Sorry, we can't comment on any figures past Frosta at this time.
    Is a figure based on the Tony Guerrero prototype possible?

Would a figure (in the MOTUC iteration) based on the original, unarticulated Tony Guerrero prototype possible? How about naming him Gue-Ro, in homage to his sculptor? In Spanish, Guerrero means warrior, so the fit seems natural. It would be funny if, like the sculpture, he came with one shoed foot and one bare foot.

I was naive enough to think that this figure was already made as Vikor, since it bore a resemblance (as far as MOTUC resemblances go), but was corrected on the forum boards. That said, Gue-Ro would seemingly share several parts and not require much tooling.

Additionally, since Mattel is now making stactions (SDCC Death), wouldn't it be awesome if, along with the MOTUC iteration of the figure, we also received a staction replica of the original, unarticulated sculpting? As far as ultimate 30th anniversary pieces, a replica of that first ever made (in prototype form) Master of the Universe would be epic (and probably vastly more inexpensive than a fully articulated newly tooled figure).

I suppose anything is possible but no plans right now.
    MOTU SDCC question

While I love the announcement of Vykron, he is getting some major mixed reviews. Is he the only MOTU exclusive this year? My thinking is this, if he were a secondary exclusive, like Mo-Larr from years back, he'd be a rave. I think the issue is that he's the main exclusive. Any chance for one more?

There is also a Hot Wheels bus for MOTU.
    beginning of month

is there going to be any new motuc items added to the store at the beginning of the month like you did for april?

There will be reissues each month during the regular sale. All of the Evergreen items are now set.
    Vykron's plastic?

Is Vykron's different armor going to be made from softer plastic like MAA and the Royal Guards or the firmer stuff like shields for He-Man and Catra?
    I only ask because I worry about chipping on cool parts, like Vykron's bracers.

It is the same plastic as other armor on other figures.
    Horde Prime's Heads...?

Will Horde Prime's Bio explain his two different heads?

You will need to wait and see!
    Laser Power He-Man / Laser Lights Skeletor questions

Scott, I know we're probably far from seeing the Laser Power He-Man and Laser Lights Skeletor MOTUC figures, but I'd like to ask you some questions regarding them. If you'd be so kind as to answer them, I'd be grateful:

1. Will you consider making those figures with the lights features, as something special and different from the rest?

2. I heard something about Mattel not being able to sell figures with lights features outside the USA. Is that true?

3. Will you consider making Laser Power He-Man come with 2 heads, the "original" and another with the likeness of Dolph Lundgren (like the 2 existing versions of the original)?

We;ll have to see when and if we get to them. These conversations simply have not taken place.
    Celebrating 30 Years of POP

As I understand it, now that Princess of Power and New Adventures have been absorbed into MOTU (and I love this), 2012 is the 30th Anniversary that covers all three of these properties. Unfortunately, I see NO representation of either POP or NA. It's been said that neither POP or NA will get anniversary treatment in 2015 or 2019.

I believe that this is a mistake. Hoping that the MOTUC line will still be running strong in both 2015 and 2019, both of these years should recognize these respective properties for what they accomplished. POP was revolutionary in the female action figure arena, and sparked the birth of series like Zena, Power Puff Girls, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and many other strong female characters and toy/merchandise lines. NA attempted to refresh and expand the brand in a (then) contemporary way.

Please reconsider recognizing these 2 chapters of the MOTU franchise in their respective anniversary years. Below is a link that will show a listing of possible opportunities you could take advantage of:

http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Na and POP are both in the 2012 line. WE did the Star Sister, Frosta and Slushhead already!
    MOTUC Extendar

I know that you can't talk about unannounced figures but could you please just tell if Extendar is planed sooner rather than later?

See your question for the answer.
    Vykron head = He-Man 2.0 head?

Don´t you think Vykron`s face looks similar to Vintage He-Man?

When you do an updated He-Man figure, this would be an excellent face for it.

Cool suggestion. I honestly do not know if this was the Horsemen's intent. But cool.
    SDCC "Gift with purchase" question

Will the non-toy item that comes with Vykron if you buy him at SDCC be given to those who purchase him via a voucher, or only if you buy him at the booth at the show? Thanks!!!

Yes. If you buy pre show you will also get this item.
    placing bets on vykron

I'm calling it right now, Vykron is going to end up being a massive fiasco. 3 different outfits in 1 box? Knowing how flat out bad Matty can be, I think a ton of these are gonna get shipped out missing pieces. Then everyone will get the joy of dealing with the horrible customer service of Matty and Digital River.

That is a bit negative don't you think? I like to think positive. You'll be a happier person this way. Not everything works out but being negative allt he time can be a downer!
    SDCC Vykron sale

I really hope not but if by any chance SDCC Vykron doesn't sell out on the con could you put him as well here on matty on sale day so international fans can have a chance on him as well without having to go to the secondary market?

We do not expect to have any units after SDCC. We based prodcution off of sell through from the last four years. We have a pretty good idea of the right amount to bring. The barbarian pack out will not be available online.
    CONTEST: 5 runners

Just curious if the 5 runners up will be getting anything? Will their design be shown to the public?

Also, I was wondering if their is going to be a page on this site displaying all the entries?

As noted in the rules, the 5 runner ups will get a 2013 sub.
    Vykron's bio

I know it's a little early to ask but please kill my curiosity...
    Will we know on Vykron's bio which time (preternia, eternia or future eternia like the galatik protectors) he belongs?

His suits fit in all of them :S

Yes.
    SDCC 2012 After Sale

I haven't seen anyone ask this yet,

Last Year Matty sold all the exclusives from SDCC. Did that work out well enough for the same to occur this year?

Will we see Polly Pocket, Monster High, and Hot Wheels exclusives sold on this site again this year?

I know the Monster High fandom seemed to have been extremely happy with the sale last year.

That is still up in the air. We are working with the other non Matty.com teams to lock this down soon.

RECENT STUFF!!!

BATTLEGROUND STINKOR

Since Mattel is not willing to correct their own mistake on Stinkor and release it like it should have been in the first place, is there a way that we could see rather sooner than later a Battleground (altered) version of this character as a quarterly variant?

So that people like me and many others can have at least one version of this character correctly assembled on their collection.

Please answer, because if this is out of the table then I'd rather jump out of my collection right now instead of loosing more money and patience with you guys...

Stinkor is not a mistake. Many times designers make choices and not every choice is one every fans wants (ie using a hole ad plug to hold She-Ra's mask).

There are no plans for a reissue or a new version of Stinkor anytime soon at this time. The version released in May is the definitive version for MOTUC as Mattel design team created.
    Beast in the line

Loving the last couple of beasts that have came out. Really looking forward to seeing Battle Lion and Clawdeen soon. What are some of the beast characters you would like to see come out in the line?

Battle Lion is one I'd like to get to as well. Stridor and Night Stalker are also one's I'm dying to do, especially since the share parts. Some of the Preternia dinos are great, but a lot of unique tooling there!
    Beast Man Re-Release

Just wondering if there are plans to re-release Beast Man again?

Sorry, we can't comment on future re-releases!
    Stinkor's forearms solution

There's no way you can justify the way Stinkor's arms have been assembled. They are wrong and there's just no excuse! The way the 4HM sculp forearms on male figures for the MOTUC line just makes it impossible to swap between left and right and still look ok.

Just try swaping your Skeletor's forearms and see for yourself. Happy?

Considering all this I have an idea:

Why don't you make a second run of Stinkor's with corrected foreamrs? You already have the mold for it, it wouldn't cost more than doing a reissue. I know reissues are not in the table right now, but this would be a way to please a large majority of fans that are concerned with the way this was handled. It would be an exception to correct the exception that caused for Stinkor's forearms to be swapped.

People are quitting the line over these kind of issues and I just don't think that that's "pretty cool".

Alas we have found that outside of the main characters (He-Man and Skeletor) the market does not really support a second run. This is why you will not see any second runs past Man-E-Faces (at this time). (we do have a small amount of customer service stock of some recent figures (Fisto and Sorceress being two that even our CS stock reserves are gone!), but no figures past Q4 of 2011 will be going into a full on actual second run. This includes all 2012 figures and those going forward.

So this is it for Stinkor. (at least at this time). After he goes on sale May 15th, do not look for a second run. We have found the market will not support it (and yes we know "more than an average number of customers may want a new Stinkor due to our choice to change up the wrists a bit (much like more then an average number of customers may want a corrected Roboto or Hssss due to the shoulder issue) , but from sales data we know even with a substantial bump from your "typical" or "average" second run interest, the overall numbers still do not add up. It just takes a little too long to run through any second run stock (beyond He-Man), so there won't be any more second runs (at this time) with or without small changes.
    Shipping NOT Combined this month?

I thought the Club Eternia and 30th subs were supposed to combine this month. Why did my TP He-Man and Draego Man ship separately?

I am worried about what will happen once CIE starts in May with GA Flash. I can NOT sustain three shipping charges each time these figures ship.

A very small number of customer did have this issue. Please just contact CS and they will resolve quickly. A letter was sent out to most of those affected. If it did not reach you please just contact CS. So sorry.
    Shipping to Canada - Routed through Sweden - Please Read Toyguru

First of all let me say I LOVE this line!!! - Ive been with it since day 1 and carry 3 subscriptions.

Lately however there is something that has been driving me nuts. I don't know when it startted exactly - sometime over the last 6 months or so but ALL of my parcels from Matty are routed through Malmo Sweden.(I live in Canada)

Not only has this led to longer shipping times but I now pay customs on EVERY parcel. I fully expect to pay customs from time to time as I am not in the US but the fact that a parcel coming from California is routed through Sweden to get to Canada seems unacceptable no matter what shipping option I have chosen.

I have seen someone else post about this(also from Canada) so I know this is not a totally unique situation.

Your help and research into this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Some of the less expensive forms of shipping go by bulk mail and are routed around. For a faster deliver, you can choose a more expensive form of delivery.
    alas, poor stinkor...

why would your design team make such a silly and visually unappealing decision as to reverse stinkor's forearms? after touting the re-use of parts as a desirable (therefore vintage) design element, and after five disasters with reversed parts, to think that reversing parts never designed for such use would make the figure "pop" is a sign of monumental ego...

why allow some designer (that fans have never heard of) to take the work of the most prominent artists (that fans follow slavishly) in the field today and "improve" upon it? this isn't rounding off the edges for child safety concerns, this isn't even adding ugly drums to allow the "wing-spread action feature," this is reworking the aesthetic design of the sculpt because they felt the original artists didn't do it "right."

would these same designers improve upon the the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?

Much like BG Evil Lyn's arm pieces which were intentionally reversed, Stinkor used a lot of shared parts so the designers wanted to find a way to make him pop on shelf more. Sometimes these choices go over well with customers, other times not (i.e. She-Ra's headgear connector). But that is the reasoning behind the choice as you asked.

Some of the other issues you asked about (i.e. the "drums" on Sorceress) are done to make the Horsemen's unarticulated statue "work" as a toy. Terrie actually addressed this particular one at length on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble pod cast a month or so back. Although the Horsemen are amazing sculptors and designers, sometimes changes must be made to make their sculpt work as a toy. They way they designed the Sorceress' wing attachment did not hold up to safety and drop testing.
    Any chance for more Dragon Men?

Okay, this thread is partly a question and partly just an excuse to compliment the 4H, TG, the designers and everyone else who had a hand in this months figures. I'm over the moon. These figures are what make me love MOTUC so much. Draego Man and TP He-man are perfection.

That being said, Draego Man is so cool... it kind of makes me want him to be a faction leader and to have some other dragon minions. You could have an ice dragon, a green dragon, etc. Any chance for "new" characters like this in the future beyond the 30th figure?

At this time, there are no plans for more "new" figures beyond the 6 for the 30th. But it doesn't mean the door is closed on them. We'll need to see how the full year 6 figure series does before looking into more "new" characters in the future. I can confirm you won't see any in 2013.
    Draego man's warriors 2 pack

Could this be possible in the future??
    I'm not talking about straight repaints of the character but another characters with different armor, heads and colors!!

Draego man its one of the most awesome motu characters I've ever seen and I'm a vintage crazy collector!!

I guess any of the "species" of Eternia would be great as a "warriors 2 pack" like the SM or PG packs. We'll have to see what the future brings. Nothing to announce right now.
    TG involvment in the new MOTU DC comics project

Just a few questions about the next 6 MOTU comics to come by DC comics :

- Can you tell us if you were involved in this new comics project and if yes how (The idea starter? Inputs about the story? directives about the characters to introduce?

- Can you also precise if, depending on the success of the first 6 comics, it could be possible to see more to come?

Now just an idea :
    I know Mattel is working on a way to release the "mini-masters" shown at SDCC 2011. With the mini-comics and now the comics by DC, that would be great to have an other wave of comics in the style of the mini-masters.
    That could be simply 1 page - 1 joke

Yes, I am very invovled in the new comic from an approval stand point but we want to let DC be as create as they want (within the boundries of the brand).
    new Matty customer service team member

Is the new Matty customer service representative on board with your team yet? When he/she starts what type of tasks will they be working on to shore up the many customer service issues that fans are encountering with Digital River and their subscriptions? It is a tall task and hopefully you guys can right this ship before it causes more people to bail on the 2013 subscription.

Yes. The new CS team is working on a back log of calls and will ideally be speeding up replies going forward.
    minimates

some guys asked diamond select if motu minimates could be done,dont remember what they replied to it but would you share the motu license and team up with diamond for motu minimates? that would be so awesome.

Would be cool, but no plans right now.
    Granamyr variant

Would you consider releasing Granamyr in both red and green (variant) during the same sale this December?

The colors would not only be appropriate for the time of year, but would allow fans to get one or both colors, therefore boosting sales. I know in the past, you would save color variants for the TRU packs, but this seems like an opportune time.

While we could potentially do Green down the road, we only had one development sku for him this year and are going with the fan vote of Red for 2012.
    What does the new CS entail?

It's been reported time and time again that this new customer service is behaving exactly like the old customer service. If the old system was removed to make for a better buying experience for the customer, shouldn't the new system come through on that promise? For the record, could you please specify what exactly IS different between the two?

The new team is based in the US and will try to get to requests much quicker. At least that is the idea.
    Stinkor's forearms are switched

Why does the design team decide to switch Stinkor's forearms?
    This doesn't look anything "special" due to the parts sharing. Nobody asked for that.

The forearms look wrong & twisted.

I can't believe Mattel employees did that on purpose...

I feel sorry for the 4HM's work.

We answered this a few days ago over on He-Man.org. Basically, Stinkor has so many shared parts (Mer-Man head, Beastman body, Mekaneck armor (and yes we know we haven't done him yet) that we wanted to make him pop on shelf a bit. We did the same thing on BG Evil Lyn (swapped her arm bands) and it went over really well with customers so we did the same here with Stinkor. Pretty cool huh!
    TG, How can this be?

(see the "No stock for sunscription holders?" entry below!)

How can you even tolerate this kind of situation for your brand? This member clearly stated that they are a sub holder and they did not get their Sorceress as outlined by your brands commitment. And you go to tell them about how the Matty has stated no more reissues of newer figures going forward. Don't you at least think you should apologize to this fan for not getting a Sorceress? I continue to be surprised by some of the responses I am seeing.

Unless your new CS team has some Feb figures stashed away to give the sub holders who missed out, please don't mention them again. Empty promises are becoming the norm and it seems that you and your team tolerate mediocrity now more then ever. The only drive for excellence I see are the designers of this line. And the end result is poor customer service and horrible management of logistics that blemish this great brand and the designers who breath life into these characters. No,this is not anger, this is disappointment. I am sad to see this line in the state its in. Shouldn't these issues be ironed out in year four?

A Sorceress figure was mailed to every active sub member. We do understand that some members had their sub suspended due to payment failures and we are actively working on solutions to allow customers more control of their account to avoid issues like this in the future.
    Granamyr box

Could we have granamyr in a window box with graphics inside to resemble his layer?

That would be an awesome display for MOC collectors like me (even more if the box would unfold to make an wider display like the stay puff box... but without having to open it to stay sealed)

What do you think of this idea?

We are still working these details out. Hopefully we will know by SDCC.
    Griffin Army Building

Do you think that, like the Palace Guards, the number of Griffins made can be increased to accomodate those who would like to army build, or are on the fence about buying? THANKS.

We can certainly look into that if fans are interested.
    Did you realize?

That you gave away a bunch of figures in February? I know you said that going forward you're going to be holding back more stock as a reaction to February, but I'm unsure that will help. The "My Subscription" thing could be edited to add subs and tendered. I know a guy who added multiple subs. People tendered these and changed their sub amounts, which resulted in a higher than expected amount of Fisto, Sorceress, and Shadow Weaver figures to be sent. I know, because I got one of each. Not only that, but I was refunded for all of the figures. I received an email stating the sub was not to be processed, and in order to cancel the sub, they had to refund me for them. I know other people to whom this happened, as well. While I'm all for free figures, this seems like a MAJOR oversight on the part of both DR and Mattel. So again I ask, did you guys realize this happened?

I am not up on every individual order experience. But we are working hard to streamline things so we don't have issues like this *(with both good or bad results for our customers). We want everyone to have the same "good" experience meaning ease of buying product and ease of shipping. We are actively working on this.
    I really NEED 2012 reissues... please...

Ok ToyGuru, thanks for his answer about the reissues. I only want with all my forces to obtain Fisto, Sorceress, Kobra Khan and the figures of next months in any moment in Mattycollector.com. For the figures of January February and March, my buyer was very attentive, and bought them when that the page refreshed itself, but on having confirmed the purchases to him, Matty only confirmed to him the reissues (Beast-man and Webstor). I wait to be able to obtain them in the future. Thank you!!

I can confirm that Sorceress and Fisto are sold out and we have depleted out CS stock so there are no further units and we have no plans to go back into production anytime soon.
    About Fistos For Subscriber Again

Sorry TG

I read your response to my posting on this forum however let me explain, I had problems with my credit card from January 20 because it was stolen by
    which was canceled for that reason my subscription was not renewed with the
    second charge of the star sisters. It took me over 20 days to receive a new card,then I started writing emails to CS to reactivate my subscription,dated February 9 and they reactivated after the day on March 2, later start with the claim of the figures for February and I got to send me to sorceress, shadow weaver & preternia map with shipping date 03/13 and up now I have not received.In the e-mail shipping that received did not include a Fisto for this reason realize my claim to CS and to the current date they respond that Fisto is sold out.

I hope these comments serve to you to improve customer service and continue
    enjoying collect MOTUC to keep alive.

Thanks TG know of their efforts to continue with MOTU.

It sounds like your account was suspended during the time Fisto was sold which sadly yes does make you eligible to get one. We are aware of this issue and a rapidly working on a page that will let customers change credit cards and other account info easier.

But yes, all active subscribers were mailed a Fisto. If your card was not active at the time he went on sale your sub was suspended until proper payment could be issued. So if you had a suspended account you may have missed out on Fisto and I am sorry to hear about this.
    Yo Toyguru! What Do YOU Do on Sale Days?

Hi Scott! Longtime reader, first time, uh, asker.

I'd just like to say what a pleasant buying experience it's been today (4/16). I've been cherry picking releases pretty selectively - so selectively in fact that up til now I've just had He-Man (first re-release) and Battlecat (first release) holding it down for MOTUC. When I saw that you were finally re-releasing Orko (the last of what childhood me considered the BIG THREE of MOTU) I was determined to complete my meager collection. I was terrified to brave the waters of Digital River after everything I've read online but I'm happy to say that it all went smoothly - 5 minutes and I was done! What made it even better though was when I took a peek at the Matty Forums... EVERYONE ELSE WAS HAPPY TOO! I'm not sure how long this will last but it's already 4pm EST and everything is STILL available. So, I believe congratulations are in order. Awesome job Scott & Friends!

Which got me thinking and brings me to my ACTUAL QUESTION: Knowing how much time and energy fans tend to spend on the site every time new product is released, what is Scott Neitlich's day like on a Matty Sale Day? Is Mattel able to track sales in real-time? In my mind I visualize something akin to election nights at CNN with you playing Wolf Blitzer and a team of frantic Mattel staffers tracking what figures are selling where and how often on the big board from DR. STRANGLOVE's War Room. Perhaps a holographic Pixel Dan beams in to weigh in with up to the minute MOTUC punditry and motion graphics instantaneously chart the balance of happiness/frustation levels felt by .org members.
    OR... perhaps you have other stuff to do and the only time you glance at the numbers is on your way out the door that night.

So - which is it?

We get updates from DR throughout the day. I'm always excited to see what does (or does not sell). After all, items your are buying today have been in the works for over 14 months, so it is a nice feeling to know an item is a success after working on it so hard.
    is tri klops sold out ?

can't add him to my cart. I wanted 3 figs but can only add 2 to my cart. is tri klops sold out ?

I decided to buy orko and Man-E before they sell out. what a letdown !!
    If it can be added to my order it'd be great.

Yup. He is sold out.
    So I cant cancel subscriptions I'm not receiving, why can't my shipping be changed?

I wrote in the last message that all it would take to fix this problem is someone changing my international post to UPS for all my subscriptions, but that point didn't even get addressed.

It was made clear subscriptions couldn't be cancelled? It was made clear that subscribing meant I would get all figures stress free.

Who is the supervisor that can be contacted in regards to this, NOT general customer service because they said they can't help?

How can you reply to so many messages at once?

If you call customer service they can assist with what options if any are available.
    If you look at the time stamp of the replies to people's questions, it seems various questions have been replied to at once, unless Scott Neitlich is the fastest data entry operator on earth, Im guessing you guys have hired a bunch of temps to answer the questions, posing as Scott.

Surly it will be best to be honest, and just tell people this forum is run by Mattel's customer service people.

I assure you, each answer from "Toyguru" is me. (what? you can't tell from the grammar issues?)
    Zoar-help me out, Scooter!

Zoar:

Fighting Falcon (male) (packed with Teela)...

OR

The Sorceress' falcon form?

Which is it?

Thank you for all you do, Scott. You really are awesome!!!

Why not both?
    Mosquitor

wen are we going to see more of him.

In due time.
    How to cancel subscriptions?

I have 2 x MOTUC, 2 x 30th anniversary, and 1 Lion force. Thats around $1500 plus international shipping for this year alone.

I've been trying to get my subscriptions sent via UPS shipping instead of russian roulette international post, but no one will upgrade the shipping type.

I called customer service, they cant help supposedly, I emailed CS, they cant help, and so I either miss out on figures and get stuck with refund minus shipping costs, or reposted figures and get them 3 1/2 months later IF I'm lucky.

So how do I cancel these subscriptions?

If the answer is 'you can't', well, I guess cancelling my credit card is the only way to go.

OR...

Someone could actually help me, upgrade my shipping, and I'll be happy, you wont have to refund or resend. Problem solved.

Is this going to fall on deaf ears here as well? I hope not. Its my favourite toy line at the moment, but I feel I'm getting pushed towards an unhappy solution.

I miss out on figures, you miss out on someone who was all in for doubles of everything, who will potentially just cancel and not resubscribe? I'm not sure its good to lose customers over something as simple as shipping, which doesn't impact you at all, in fact, I pay more to get it sent with a more reliable method, which costs you LESS because your liablity drops significantly. I cant see a DOWNSIDE from your perspective.

I await your solution! Better yet, I await the email that says 'your combined subscriptions are now being sent via UPS so expect them in a timely fashion as they wont get lost'

It was made very clear when subs were sold that they can not be canceled.
    Thanks toy guru

Just got an email this morning that customer service will be refunding my shipping. I really appreciate the great customer service and solving this issue. Thanks toy guru and the new customer service. Now just get us Seahawk and it will be a great 2012.

Fantastic! Glad to hear it is all working out.
    Is POP done for 2012?

Now that we know Frosta is coming as the lone vintage POP figure from the original POP toyline in 2012 can you confirm that POP is done for 2012?.

Any hints if we will see anymore of our much loved and requested POP girls in 2012?

You will need to wait for SDCC to see!
    Stinkor's weapons

My question is about Stinkor's weapons, when we saw him at the trade shows, his items were blue with metallic blue paint details, but in the review samples they are just cast in blue with no paint apps.

was this by choice? pretty much every weapon/item has received some kind of detailing

To hit costs for the figure some of the deco aplication had to be deleted. So the review samples are the final figure. Better option to deleteing the accessories all together~!
    Customer Service No Help, Overcharged shipping, Can Anyone Help?

Hi Catra, thanks for noticing, didn't know if Bruticus saw this or not either but thanks for looking. Is there any way you can re-post my issue in the Ask Matty Motu section? I've called and no help, I've already been charged double the shipping cost and Digital River/Go Matty said the items have already been shipped and also told me that I WILL NOT be receiving a refund for the shipping overcharge, and on top of that they WOULD NOT and actually refused to let me speak with a supervisor, in addition I was also informed that NO ORDERS that were purchased separately would be shipped together, because in their exact words "shipping combined orders that way is just something we don't do". So please Catra, even if you could re-post this message I would greatly appreciate it, as you seem to be the only one to hear or notice at all, and for that I thank you.

We understand there’s a very small percentage of subscribers whose multiple subscriptions that were eligible for combined-renewal didn’t ship together. The team is investigating the root cause to make sure all orders combine properly going forward.

We apologize for the mistake, and will email the subscribers who were affected this afternoon, as well as process refunds right away for any additional shipping charges that were incurred.
    Subs shipping together

As has been posted before, your own newspage says:

September 14th 2011 says
    "Remember, all subscriptions ordered by one person (same email address, credit card, address and shipping method) will ship together, with one exception: The first month that any of your subscription orders ship, subscriptions not purchased together will not ship together"
    August 19th 2011
    "All subscriptions that are purchased in the same transaction will ship together the first month as promised."
    August 11th 2011
    "All subscriptions ordered together will ship together, in any combination and quantity."
    August 4th 2011
    "And remember, all subscriptions ordered together will ship together, in any combination and quantity."
    July 22nd 2011
    "And remember, all subscriptions ordered in the same transaction will ship together to the same address, in any combination and quantity!"

Now, normally I'm far more likely to defend than complain on these boards. In this case, I think this is wrong. When the subs were promoted, the website, as well as you with your sales pitches, stated the above policy. You've stated several times recently that we were told that subs don't ship together in the first month PERIOD. That just isn't true.

You say this is a DR issue, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, DR just enforces policy, they don't create it. How are they going to help, when all they can do is enforce a policy that is being incorrectly told to them?

Subs ship together on the second month they both ship (first renewal month). If you are having trouble with this or your account is showing something different please call customer service.
    Beast Man & Griffin

What are the chances of Beast Man being sold at the same time as the Griffin in June? It would make a lot of sense.

Would be cool. We'll see.
    SDCC exclusives reveal date

It has been said that you guys would be revealing the SDCC exclusives this month right here on MattyCollector.com. Do you have a specific date set since we are now halfway through the month?

Working on it. See other answer to the same question (granted you asked first, but he bumped you)
    Solo character Introductions in the mini-comics

If the line ever gets to the point where new mini-comics can be included with more figures, would you consider creating mini-comics that solely address the Heroic Warriors and Evil Warriors adding the new 30th anniversary characters? Like "The Folly of Photog" or "Draego-Man's Fire"?

I'd love to do a mini comic for every figure about him or her or it. But alas, it just isn't in the cards. But have you heard? DC Comics just announced a full size MOTU comic, so your comic/MOTU needs will be met, just not in mini form.
    Filmation Characters Question

My apologies if this has been asked before!

Since MOTUC figures are designed at least a year in advance and the line itself is planned out well past 2013, are you allowed to say how the various Filmation characters being introduced into the 'pool' via the licensing deal struck in 2011 has effected the mix? In other words, is the plan to sprinkle them throughout the line similar to how POP, MOTU 200X, and Classics figures are handled now, or will they for the most part be pushed out past the original planned line through 2015 (or whatever it was), with perhaps the occasional 'holy crap' (like Shadow Weaver) thrown in to whet the appetites of fans in time for new subs in July?

Ultimately I'm just trying to get a gauge of how their inclusion in the 'mix' will be handled ongoing. Thank you!

Yes, the idea is to sprinkle them through the line like other factions like POP or NA or SM etc...

Sometimes you get a double whammy like Shadow Weaver who is POP, Horde and Filmation (oh, a triple whammy I guess).

We have some catching up to do since we just got access to this "faction" but for now expect a few each year starting in 2013 (2012 was a quick switch to get Shadow Weaver in there and required dropping another character original in 2012 in place of Shadow Weaver). The 2012 line was planned out before we got Filmation rights, so to put Filmation in we needed to drop or change already approved and in process figures. 2012 will be a bit Filmation light, but we did get some other stuff in there. Stay tuned, not all of 2012 has been revealed!
    Are subs supposed to be shipping together or not?

This month is the second shipment for Voltron and MOTUC 30th subscriptions and the fourth for the main MOTUC subscription. Given that we have been told many times that subs will ship together the first time they renew (which would be this month for Voltron, MOTUC 30th and the 4th time for MOTUC main sub) why aren't these all showing up with one shipping charge?

I have Voltron, MOTUC main and MOTUC 30th subscriptions. I bought the MOTUC main and Voltron subs in July when first offered and added the MOTUC 30th sub when it was made available. I received 2 renewal notices today, 1 for my MOTUC main and Voltron subs and 1 for my MOTUC 30th sub. Both notices had amounts for shipping for those orders. I'm not hard up for money and can afford the shipping charges for both renewal orders. But my issue is that we were lead to believe that ALL subscriptions would ship together on their first renewal which as I stated above is this month.

What I'm asking is a straight answer on this issue. Are subs going to be able to be shipped together? If so why aren't they this month? If not when did this change?

I realize that legally you aren't required to ship these all together as that's not stated in the terms and conditions of the subscriptions. But we have been told repeatedly that subs would ship together the first month of renewals and what we are seeing today is evidence to the contrary.

Scott, please let us know what is going on. That is all I ask.

The way it should work is in the second month both subs renew, orders will be shipped together. If a mistake was made just call customer service and we will do our best to quickly resolve. The US based CS team is plowing through a back log but they should be caught up soon and everyone will hopefully see quicker turn arounds going forward for all issues like this.
    Subscriptions are shipping together!

I just want to say how happy I am that things seem to be working as designed this month. Despite being ordered at different times, all 3 of my subscriptions (MOTUC, 30th Anniversary & Voltron) have the exact same name/address details, exact same shipping method & exact same payment information, and all 3 renewed and are shipping from one order this month. I want to thank you and the team for being able to pull this together.

Any idea on how soon the "My Subscriptions" functionality will be back online for folks to be able to see their details directly and be able to have self-service control of payment & address updates?

I called DR about this to check and they are reviewing orders. If a mistake was made, just call customer service. But the way it should work is in the second month both subs renew, orders will be shipped together.
    When will the SDCC Exclusives be revealed in April?

Everyone is chomping at the bit about the 2012 Mattel MOTUC's SDCC Exclusives and when Mattel plans on revealing them in April on MattyCollector.com

Can you give a date please?

We don't have an exact date yet due to coordinating all of the exclusives from across the company. Not all of them (i.e. Hot Wheels etc...) are made by my team and we need to wait until we have images/models of all the exclusives from all the teams. We don't want to piece out the info but rather deliver it all at once if we can! It will be worth it!
    TP He-Man Skin Tone

Why is it noticeably lighter than the other He-Man figures?

A choice design made. I'm honestly not sure if that came form the Horsemen or Terry. I'll have to ask them next week.
    No stock for sunscription holders?

I received an email from Matty informing me that my order for the Sorceress is being refunded to my card due to the figure being out of stock. I was quite surprised to receive this because I am a Club Eternia Subscriber and this figure was part of my subscription. I tried to explain this to customer service through email and phone calls but the outcome is still the same.

"We apologize, however we no longer have that figure in our reserve
    inventory. As such our only option is to refund you for the figure you
    did not receive. We do appreciate your understanding in this matter."

They insist that they refund my order and that I attempt to purchase the figure when it becomes available at a later date.

Not only will I now have to wait for my January figure...but I will have to pay day-of-sale prices above and beyond what my subscription price would have been. This seems a bit unreasonable. Why can't Mattel simply keep my order (and payment on file) until the figure is produced again?

Because the figure will not be produced again. We promoted this very heavily when the 2012 subs were sold starting last July. It was made very clear that there would be no reissues of any 2012 figures going forward. We will hold more units from the "Day of stock" for CS returns and exchanges, but there will be no second runs of any 2012 figures at this time.
    But WHY not more re-issues?

Is that a joke TG? First you have not sent to me the monthly figure of January, February, and March, (i haven´t got sub.) and now you decide to cancel the reissues of the figures of 2012... So, can you explain to me what there means " We're improving our quality "? And can you tell me what can i do now with my incomplete collection?
    I don´t understand why you don´t re-lease the 2012 figures, you will loose money, and buyers like me... :-( I want the 2012 figures... But if i haven´t a SUB, i can´t have all the figures?

All 2012 figures were (and will be) sold day of in addition to the subs. So you don't have to have a sub to get all the figures, but it does help.

And we didn't "cancel" reissues, we never planned them. Outside of He-Man and Skeletor the reissues have not sold as well as we needed them to. That is why going forward there will no longer be reissues. We made this very clear way back last summer when the 2012 sub was sold/promoted, so it shouldn't be a new surprise or anything. This isn't new news. ;-)
    Beasts of Preternia

Tyrantisaurus Rex and Bionatops are really possible in Motuc?
    And if you ever arrived, would have sculpted technological parts, unlike the vintage figures?

Sure they are possible. We've done fully tool'd beasts. But nothing to announce right now.
    Academic article referencing He-Man and Barbie

Have you read this article:

http://ssdesigns.proboards.com/index...t&thread=22553

My students read it in class today and I brought in both MOTU figures mentioned in the article, along with a Barbie doll. The kids loved them.

Haven't seen this yet. I'll give it a read! Thanks.
    Quick question

So on April 11 you can 'answer' questions about shipping but on April 12 it's contact customer service this forum is for prouct questions? I currently have 3 orders in my order history listed as today. 3 subs renewing this month, that's not combined.

I have contacted customer service and evilskeletor on this site. I have not heard anything in 3 days from this so called new and improved CS either.

We have a back log of calls the new group is blasting through. We are doing everything we can to get to all calls and emails as soon as humanly possible.
    How about some good old fashioned customer service?

Scott, you've gone on record several times saying that you guys treat every problem seriously and yet the record says otherwise.

877-GO-MATTY supposedly has had more resources and by your own admission they've been here for a few weeks now. Therefore even if new people are getting used to the system there; the basics of generating tickets when people say they will, asking more experienced people if they're not sure of something, making customers feel like their concerns have been listened to and addressed or sending emails - in other words basic customer service skills and common sense which people should have going into that job - should already be there.

Yet the CS team there don't generate tickets when they will, don't email you with ticket numbers and not only feed people canned lines but tell them outright lies like they're not entitled to a refund for products which never arrive- in what seems to be more of an effort to shut them up and make them go away than actually fix problems.

In fact since I brought the example of that lie to your attention; noone has contacted me to find out who out of the supervisors on that team had made such a fraudulent statement which could potentially get Mattycollector in more than a little bit of legal hot water.

In fact the way I actually managed to solve things in the end was calling general DR customer service instead of the dedicated CS team at 877-GO-MATTY.

And that's just part of the problem. A major added headache is the way that it looks like rather than the old system of everything going from the factory in China to the USA and then out to foreign customers; it now goes from China to the USA to Sweden then out to foreign customers, adding another 4 weeks into the mix.

Now you say that the shipping methods depend on cost, but what does that move do besides anger customers (and rightly so) and make the entire thing even more expensive? Surely there's a logisitcs company in the US which is just as effective as the one you've found in Sweden?

And it's not just limited to CS, the way you and Evil Skeletor have been handling things has been extremely detrimental to the line as well.

The experience many of us have had with Evil Skeletor is contacting him about issues back in Feb where his efforts proved futile (or in some cases there was success) and now in April when we PM him, being ignored by him.

As for dealing with you, many of us feel like you're giving more spin than helpful answers. A classic case is the "Kobra Kahn disaster thread". Joeybones started the thread saying he'd tried contacting CS about getting a replacement and your response to him was "contact CS"- the very thing he'd just stated he'd done to no avail.

It's things like this which make people so annoyed with you and your responses because they honestly come across like you're just trying to fob people off and not really addressing concerns.

As a brand manager I'm sure you're aware of the importance of PR to any brand, and that with a line like this which is very niche and directed at a single fan community; that bad news spreads even faster than it does with a mass-marketed line.

The thing is that the current set-up could not be giving you guys worse PR. The whole system honestly comes across as looking like there's DR who will try and steal people's money (which is how it comes across when you have supervisors at the 877 number claiming people aren't entitled to refunds for missing orders) or force them to put up with defective product after waiting months for it; backed up by a Mattel customer advocate who is largely ineffective when he isn't ignoring problems entirely, and a Brand manager (whom the buck for the line ultimately stops with) who just comes across as feeding people spin and fobbing people off.

The idea of assigning more resources to DR was admirable and logical in some regards as a preliminary first step, as was splitting your initial role in two. However it should be clear now that it simply isn't working, and you're likely to lose a lot of subscribers when it comes to 2013 if you guys proceed down the same path.

At what point does Mattel realise that just throwing money at the problem isn't going to fix it. At what point are the employees working on 877-GO-MATTY made to sign performance contracts with external auditors? Is Evil Skeletor made to follow through on things (and assigned a sub/replacement when he's away on leave or due to illness)? At what point do you both start giving us better answers and alternatives where there are issues (people contact you here about order problems because all 877-GO-MATTY gets them is an ulcer) and get given the legal leeway to do so by Mattel legal?

In short, at what point does Mattel actually fix the CS problems rather than just throwing money at it in the form of allocating resources to an incompetent and indifferent CS team while hoping for the best?

We just opened a US based CS group. They are going through the back log of CS calls and should be caught up soon helping customers resolve issues as soon as possible.
    Sub shipping follow up. . . again

TG yourecently answered about subs only shipping together after the first figure ships. (again, after saying you can't answer questions about shipping) What changed? These have all been copied form your matty news page, what changed? I read nowhere that I'm paying separately for subs ordered together, but here I am being charged $20 extra for each.

September 14th 2011 says
    "Remember, all subscriptions ordered by one person (same email address, credit card, address and shipping method) will ship together, with one exception: The first month that any of your subscription orders ship, subscriptions not purchased together will not ship together"
    August 19th 2011
    "All subscriptions that are purchased in the same transaction will ship together the first month as promised."
    August 11th 2011
    "All subscriptions ordered together will ship together, in any combination and quantity."
    August 4th 2011
    "And remember, all subscriptions ordered together will ship together, in any combination and quantity."
    July 22nd 2011
    "And remember, all subscriptions ordered in the same transaction will ship together to the same address, in any combination and quantity!"

I'd suggest contacting customer service to resolve. This isn't something I can help with. This forum is for brand and product questions.
    Stone of Protection

In the latest developer's diary regarding He-Ro you spoke about the different colored gems in his staff and referred to the green stone as the "Stone of Protection." We have already heard of a Stone of Protection that was combined with the cloned Sword of He to make She-Ra's "Sword of Protection." Is this the same stone or just a coincidence? It seems both likely and unlikely as it would make sense being connected to He-Ro yet the stone in She-Ra's sword is not green. If this is not the same stone are there plans to ever reveal where the Stone of Protection in She-Ra's sword came from and what exactly it's functions are?

I know you said the purple stone was used for healing. Personally I think it would have been a cool idea to make a blue stone with healing properties and label it the Stone of Protection so as to account for She-Ra's ability to heal ... which would explain why the main difference in the swords accounts for the main difference in the abilities of He-Man and She-Ra. In any event I look forward to finding out the origin of the stone in her sword

They are not the same. I shouldn't have used the word "Stone of Protection". It is a green "Spell Stone" that can project the spell of protection (a green bubble around He-Ro).
    Rokkon and Stonedar Models

Do you know who are the models for these two vintage figures?

Rokkon

Stonedar

I do not. Anyone else know?
    Flight Stands -Quick Question

Flight Stands are they going to be available on the April 16 Sale?

No.
    Nathan Bitner Interview

Any word from The Org when part 2 will be available?

You will need to talk to He-Man.org. We are not the same site. He-Man.org is a fan site and is not offically affliated with Mattel. They are a fan based site run independently. But they are swell!
    Reissue Hordak

Since Toyguru's blog on Hordak, I have been confused on the Reissue Hordaks.

Do the reissues have the corrected bio reading "Ruthless Leader", like what was done with Tytus, Skeletor and Mer-Man?

The images on the website still shows the bio as reading "Evil Leader".

Yes, the second run had the name tag line corrected.
    Kobra Khan disaster

My Figure finally showed up, I orded on April 15th, showed up on May 6th, (florida)

this is what I got.
    I was told to post this photo here for Toyguru.

I emailed matty and asked for a replacement. But, I got no response.

Wow that is a pretty messed up box. If you wanted your fig mint in box you should contact CS for a return and replacement. You may also want to talk to your local mail carrier or whomever you use as shipping as this is not the way the boxes are mailed out. Clearly this was smashed during transit and not at our facility.
    About Fistos for subscribers

Greetings from Mexico, my English is not very good, but I hope you understand me.

I understand that this forum is only for questions about the line, however I have not found a solution in CS.

I have read in another post about more Fistos soon to subscribers and CS,I comment to you that I have a subscription and never charged me and sent me a Fisto I made the call to CS Digital River and they answered me that Fisto was no longer available then I have concluded that the subscriptions not guarantee that we get all the figures.The reason for writing to you in this forum is that you know the trouble with CS Digital River and that
    you can help me have my Fisto at home because I have paid a subscription that guarantees all figures. You are the Director of the line do something about.

All sub holders with an active sub in Feb were mailed a Fisto. I'm unclear what other info you are looking for. If you have not recieved yours yet please contact customer service.
    Why is DR customer service saying April subs will NOT be combined

Scott you have told us since september of 2011 that all subs will have combined shipping when they renew. Well Club Eternia, 30th aniverary & Voltron subs are all renewing for April so why is DR customer service tell subscribers the subs won't have combined shipping?

This was posted over at He-Man.org

Thread: April Club Eternia Renewal Notice Received!

The Shadow Prince:
    Nope, shipping will NOT be combined
    I just got off the phone with Mattycollector.com Customer Service. The lady I spoke with checked into the combined shipping for my regular MOTUC subscription and my MOTUC 30th Anniversary subscription. Apparently, the two subscriptions will NOT be shipping together, as we were originally told would happen, after the release of the initial 30th Anniversary figure.
    Why? Don't know. She apologized and said "they" (whoever "they" are) have been working on this matter but were unfortunately unable to combine shipping, this time.
    I understand unforseen things happen, but...um...on top of everything else that's been going wrong with this line, lately...um...I'm kinda ******!

Now Scott You made us subscribers a promis in 2011 so this is something you need to address and Please don't ask us to contact Customer service since they are the ones saying subs are not combining for April. You are the Brand Manager and this is something you need to correct.

Subs will ship together in the first month both subs renew for the first time. (i.e. the second figure for each sub).
    Double Trouble name

I read that Double Trouble may have to take another name. If and when you come to her, do you think it's something possible to give this beautiful character her European name : DOUBLIA ? Thank you.

That is likley the name we would use if Double Trouble is not available. But right now no set plans for her so we'll cross this bridge when and if we get to her.
    Scott --> Possibility of a DCU-MOTUC-compatible heads pack?

Would it be possible that Mattel released a pack with DCU heads that are compatible with MOTUC, for "click-clack" customizing? I mean, DCU heads that have the appropiate proportions to look OK on a MOTUC body, for example (I think the following would do, from customs I've seen on the net): Nite-Lik, Skallox, Etrigan the Demon, ...

Would this also take a "design slot"? The molds are already done, and regarding the packaging, I wouldn't mind mine getting sent in a simple clear plastic bag, for the use they would get as soon as they arrived.

No. No plans for this right now.
    Aprill sdcc reveals

You told a few weeks ago that this year the sdcc reveals would happen here in mattycollector.

Are you planing to make a video or just text with some pictures?
    I really hope for a video like you did with sorceress.

Right now we are only doing pictures as we do not have product that is final enough. But once we have more final product we will try to snap some videos too!
    'The Legend of the Star Sisters' sticker

Last month there was a 2-part series of articles posted on He-Man.org about the behind-the-scenes of how Star Sisters were designed. It was revealed that the Star Sisters were supposed to be an extension toy-line in similar way ‘Powers of Grayskull’ was meant to be and that the Star Sisters were the main heroines (just like He-Ro in POG). I know you do not want to have a special sticker for every figure as the special feeling of the MOTU factions would be lost. I was just wondering (based on the Star Sisters articles) if we have a ‘Powers of Grayskull’ sticker in MOTUC, it should be ok to have a ‘The Legend of the Star Sisters’ sticker too. Of course there are not many characters that can use this sticker ;-) but is there any chance of including such sticker on a sticker-sheet in case you do one next time? How about the ‘The Legend of the Star Sisters’ logo in the Star Sisters poster you used as the shield-art for the MOTUC bio? It is pretty cool and represents the feeling of the Star Sisters figures (not to mention that you designed the Star Sisters according to the poster).

Since we already did the Star Sisters and they did not include this sticker, that pretty much answers your questions. I suppose we could look at doing a sticker in time for customers to apply to their existing pack, but no plans right now for this.
    He-Ro Prototype

What did the Horsemen work from to create He-Ro? I'm aware of He-Ro's box art appearances and catalogue prototype but does Mattel have an original He-Ro prototype in the archives.

I looked all over for one. Alas, Mattel does not have one in the archive so the Horsemen worked off of images from the catalogue and other vintage material.
    Since when was attempting theft justifiable?

After getting off the phone to 877-GO-MATTY, I discovered a rather disturbing attitute by DR with regards to what they are and are not obligated to do when they fail to supply products to individuals.

After
    -Monday's screw-up of not generating tickets
    -Wednesday's screw-up of only generating one ticket and having to then blast them over the phone into generating the other
    -then on Saturday (all times AEST, not PST) being told that if I wanted to request a refund instead (after discovering there were no more Fistos and Sorceresses) I needed to generate another ticket

I called up on Sunday and had them escalate the response time from 5-7 business days to 24-72 hours, which is what the woman I spoke to assured me it would be on Sunday with the tickets supposedly being raised to high priority.

That should have meant I received a response from them about 12 hours ago.

I called up just now, only to be initially told that I had to wait 5-7 business days.

I stood my ground, demanded immediate action and to speak to a supervisor.

The supervisor then tried telling me that subscription holders aren't entitled to a refund. I soon pointed out that I was a cherry picker that argument went right out the window for her.

However that attitude is highly disturbing. If you take money for goods then fail to deliver the goods then the customer is entitled to a refund. Refusal to provide a refund is blatant theft no matter which way you slice it. I haven't mentioned it here, but I do remember the name of the supervisor I spoke to and can give it to people if need be.

My question is, how do you as brand manager of this line, justify the customer service department trying to persuade customers into allowing themselves to be victims of theft by Mattycollector?

Before you answer, I would add that "form" responses about the new CS team or about how you supposedly have nothing whatsoever to do with CS when as Brand Manager for this line (when as Brand Manager, the buck for everything with this line ultimately stops with you), simply aren't going to cut it. I'm sure you've seen by responses at the .org that people are growing tired of them

I do not (to answer your actual question)
    Customer service only wants to refund the $20 for Fisto and not the cost of shipping.

Its already bad enough that I can only get a refund instead of the figure, but customer service doesn't want to refund the shipping fees that I was charged. Before you type it, I already talked to customer service and didn't get anywhere. Could you maybe pass along that its not cool to only give a partial refund? These figures cost most of us more like $30 by the time its shipped.

This may depend on where you live and what type of shipping you used, but I can certainly pass this along.
    What is going to be done for sub holders?

Hey Toyguru;

I have to call you out on behalf of sub holders. You just posted this in the last couple of days...

“We had enough Fistos for sub holders but it looks like we needed more for CS stock. Starting with the March figure we did just this and more stock is being held from day of stock for CS returns etc... But at this point, yes, Fisto and Sorceress are gone and we do not have plans to go back in production on any figures for 2012 and going forward. All reissues are from older stock. There will be no more re-issues of new production going forward.”

and a couple of messages before that you posted...

“The entire 2012 line is locked in terms of quota. Once we see how many sub holders we have for 2013 we will look into an appropriate quota for 2013. It is way to late to change any quota for 2012 under the current Mattel system. So any additional CS stock will come from day of product since we can't pull it from sub stock, that is already allocated to sub holders. Honestly, this is why we recommend the sub.

It guarantees you your product without fear of sell outs. We know it does not work for everyone, but it is an option we make available.”

Just from reading posts on the Matty boards alot of people do not have their February figures and it doesn't sound like everyone who has a sub will be getting their figures either.

For those with the subs who are GUARANTEED their product (your words, not mine) and have nothing, what are you going to do? People want their figures and I don't remember reading anywhere that if a sub holder can't get a figure (due to sell-out or poor management) that they will have to settle for a refund.

I'll call DR tomorrow to see what can be done but one thing I do know is all sub holders were mailed a Fisto and there are more left. I will definately see what can be done to get refunds to customers with defective product, but to manage expectations I know there are no Fistos left. Promise I'll look into any options this week.

OLD STUFF!!!

Personal collection photos

We all are Motu fans and you are one of us, everybody knows that, so my question is very simple...

Will you consider to post photos of your personal collection on the forum like we do?

I really believe many fans would love to see them (me included)

I would love to, but most of my personal collection at home is packed up. I have a two year old so anything with small parts is tucked away. I only have the orb of power with holder, The Mighty Spector and the Wonder Pig out on my shelf at home right now. (although at work I have every MOTUC figure on my shelves in my work area but Mattel policy does not allow us to take photos inside the design center without permission from security).
    That's not true..

Not all sub holders received Fisto. I was one of the many people who got their sub canceled and it took OVER A MONTH to get it reinstated. I never got a Fisto sent out to me. I'm sure other people had the same issue. I'm sorry, but it's not true that all sub holders received Fisto. What will be the compensation to those sub holders that are "guaranteed" figures by joining but were forgotten when figures started shipping out?

for this you will need to call customer service. I don't have access to shipping records. I can only answer brand and product questions on this forum. Sorry!
    waiting for Granamyr

the suspense for Granamyr is killing me. How about you? Have you had a peek at the work in progress or do you intend to be surprised by the finished figure?

I've been involved the entire time. We will be showing him to the public at SDCC.
    Fisto re-issue

Excuse me TG, but I am not sure of understand well what you have said in a previous question: " There will be should not more re-issues of new production going forward " This means that nevermore Fisto will be to the sale in Mattycollector.com?

That is correct. Things can always change and this policy is not set in stone or anything, but currently there are no plans to reissue any of the 2012 figures. Once they are gone, they are gone. And so far all of the 2012 figures have sold out completely.
    Can I expect to receive my fistos and sorceress?

I bought 2 fistos and 2 sorceress on sale day and I already received the shipping notice about a month ago.

Does that means I will receive them eventually or is not guaranteed?

I honestly do not know. This forum is for brand and product questions. For shipping questions please call customer service.
    My Fisto is not in transit.

RE: Where's my Fisto? You said he was coming.

Scott,
    My Fisto is not in transit because I live here in CA, he would have come by now (maybe). I was one of the suckers who got their sub canceled in Feb. It took a month, A MONTH, to get my sub reinstated because of DR incompetence and with no help from EvilSkeletor. So, I guess that month I wasn't a sub holder? Is that the reason I'm not getting my Fisto?

I honestly do not know. This forum is for product and brand questions. For shipping questions you need to call customer service.
    No more fisto figures - even for customer service replacement ??

I had problems with my Motu Classics 2012 sub.

I got the Sorceress Figure 3 Times. And just 1 Fisto Figure.

In one white mailerbox marked as "Fisto" was a Sorceress Figure.

I contact Digital River and got these answer today :

In regards to the incorrect shipment we are no longer able to replace the missing Fisto figure as our stock on that figure has now been exhausted.

Ok i will get $20 back but i really want Fisto.

Why are there no Fisto replacement Figures ???

Please ToyGuru help me out !

We had enough Fistos for sub holders but it looks like we needed more for CS stock. Starting with the March figure we did just this and more stock is being held from day of stock for CS returns etc... But at this point, yes, Fisto and Sorceress are gone and we do not have plans to go back in production on any figures for 2012 and going forward. All reissues are from older stock. There will be no more re-issues of new production going forward.
    If your taking CS stock from DoS stock...

If your taking CS stock from DoS stock will you increase numbers? I'm new to motuc and only came on board after signing up for voltron, so i missed the sub cutoff. this means I'm up at 3am on sale day trying to get items selling out within an hour of the sale starting...

As an example, I missed Sorceress, and Kobra Kahn sold out within 5 mins of my order going through... now with April being Vital to getting the mini-comic, your saying that CS will take more and reduce what people in other countries can buy

The entire 2012 line is locked in terms of quota. Once we see how many sub holders we have for 2013 we will look into an appropriate quota for 2013. It is way to late to change any quota for 2012 under the current Mattel system. So any additional CS stock will come from day of product since we can't pull it from sub stock, that is already allocated to sub holders.

Honestly, this is why we recommend the sub. It guarantees you your product without fear of sell outs. We know it does not work for everyone, but it is an option we make available.
    Goat Man - Have you seen him?

I was reading a motu vintage golden book from the 80's titled "secret of the dragons egg" and I came across this character named Goat Man. He was one of skeletors henchmen. I think he would be a great addition to the motuc line up. His design was amazing. Have you ever heard of him Toy Guru?

Also, where the **** is Ram man, Ninjor, Jitsu, Stridor, Blade, and extendar. These are characters the fans really want.

I am quite familiar with Goat Man. He has been on many wish lists for quite a few years now. Now that we have rights to the Golden Book characters he certainly could wind up in the Classics line but nothing to announce right now.
    what does this mean?

Glad to hear the news about the new DC comic for MOTUC, but what does this mean for the toy line? Will we see new characters and if so will they be coming to the MOTUC Toy line?

The DC Comic is an all new project. If they introduce new characters into the series they are certainly candidates for a Classics figure, but nothing is set right now in terms of a figure based on the new comics as the first issue has yet to be drawn!
    Battle Armor He-Man

In 2012 schedule, when Battle Armor He-Man MOTUC figures are going to be resale? I need more quantity of this figure. Please let me know. Thanks,

Sorry, we are not ready to announce past the April sale right now.
    Where's my Fisto? You said he was coming.

Scott, I just read that you called DR and there are no more Fistos. What the heck?!? You specifically said more Fistos were coming in and that all sub holders were going to get the figures owned. I'm a sub holder and I did not get Fisto. So now I'm out of luck, even though as a sub holder I'm "guaranteed" to get all the figures. What's the point of being a sub holder if I'm going to get screwed by DR's incompetence?

Every sub holder was mailed a Fisto. It is possible yours is still in transit. We had more than enough Fistos to cover all sub holders. Where we fell short was additional units for CS. We will start holding more back going forward from the day of stock.
    Masters of the Universe Dc Comics

I'm very excited about the new upcoming Masters Dc comics.

How Does it relate with Motuc's brand and its bio?

Do U think the comics will include also new Motuc Charachters like Draego Man and so on?

What's your position about it?

The DC comics will be a completely different all new cannon much as the bios are. DC is free to use any MOTU character including any of the new 2012 figures like Draego Man. Personally I couldn't be more excited!
    Filmation variants clarification

Taken from Preternia.com Q&A session:

Q: Now that you have the Filmation rights, would a Filmation Skeletor be more of an added head to another figure ala Demo-Man, or his own release in the variant quarterly slot?

A: While we are going to be doing new Filmation characters (like Shadow Weaver) in Classics style, there really aren’t plans to do “animated” versions of the characters or Filmation versions unless the Filmation version is extremely different from the vintage/classic toy. King Randor is a good example as his Filmation look was very different from his toy.

Could you tell us what other characters fall into this category? Which of them are "extremely different"? Like many fans, I'm primarily interested in Filmation Teela! Can we hope to see her made one day? Smiler (regular Teela body with Filmation deco + new head, for instance).

Thanks! K.

It is the same as 200X. If a character had a significantly different look in Filmation like Randor or Marzo he or she would be a good candidate for a figure. But if a Filmation design is close to the classics design it is less likely. But nothing planned at this time. We'll need to see what the future brings!
    Keldor

Toyguru, why is Keldor (April) $40 will he becoming with any extras?

We corrected the price.
    TG... Please settle an old debate

On May 16, 2011, MattyCollector posted the news item that the expected May 2011 "reissue" of Whiplash shipment was "delayed" on the way to the warehouse.

When the figure went of sale in June 2011, it sold out in minutes and many fans just assumed it was CS stock of the initial run, especially since no one has ever come across an "the original" burst version of the package.

My Question Smiler What ever happened to the Whiplash reissue shipment?
    Was the shipment lost at sea? Did the crates end up in the Raiders of the Lost Ark warehouse? Did Skeletor banish them to Despondos?

I know you might not be able to answer fully for logistic/legal reasons, but please give us a little clue

Plus it's fun to look back and think about these things

Honestly, I simply don't recall.
    Concept Hordak

I've seen this floating around and was wondering if its something thats on the table?

If so, would you be interested in seeing this concept become an all new character like, Vikor and Demo-Man, or some earlier incarnation of, Hordak?

No this figure is not currently a possibilty as we
    Do not have this sketch in our archive at this time.
    Resources aren't the problem with the poor CS

I would have replied in the initial thread but the section doesn't allow for it.

The problem isn't a resources issue TG, it's a staff competence and indifference issue. Seriously, what extra resources do you need to actually process a claim when you say you will, when the system is already in place to do so?

What resources do you need to send personal emails providing ticket/reference numbers to customers when you say you will?

Even if there are new people learning on the job, it would be entirely reasonable to presume that everyone getting the job has basic enough computer literacy skills that they can send out an email.

Forget about the shipping issues and ordering issues for a minute as well as software problems- where you guys are really shooting yourselves in the foot is with lazy CS that honestly sends a message of "up yours" to customers when there's a problem.

It's not just the entry level people which are the problem either but the supervisors/team leaders.

Yesterday after calling to make sure that a ticket had been generated for both items and finding out it hadn't, I called back an hour later as the personal email I was assured would be sent didn't materialise. At that point I discovered that only one of the 2 orders had had tickets generated for them.

At that point I demanded to speak to a supervisor who was apologetic and assured me that they felt it was unacceptable while telling me they would send me a personal email with both ticket/reference numbers.

Yet today I had to call up to make sure it had been done (fortunately the second one had been done) because no email had been sent.

I can accept that some people might be trying to get to grips with a new system, but it's not that hard to send out an email.

Then you have someone from Mattel in a full time role on here who makes it clear that the best way to reach him is through PMs and he doesn't respond to PMs. Now maybe he's sick or on leave this week, but if that's the case, where's his replacement while he is away?

At what point does Mattel ACTUALLY improve CS by either putting people in the CS role who actually do care about their customers or putting the fear of job loss into those who do work there to the point where they're forced to care enough to follow through on what they say? Throwing money at this problem wont fix it- only moving away from hollow promises to people actually keeping their word and following through on promises will.

We just launched a new US based CS team so you should see a lot of improvements over the next few weeks and months. We are doing everything we can to improve CS!
    International customers not receiving February orders

A lot of international customers are still waiting for their February orders. Before, it toook about 3 weeks for the figures to arrive (sometimes a llitle bit less, sometimes a little bit more) but now it's been 6 weeks since they were shipped and there's no trace of them.

Since this seems to be happening to lots of overseas customers, can you say if there is any reason for this delay? Some collectors are saying that figures ship from Sweeden instead of Germany as it happened before. Could you please look into that?

Yes, it does take longer for international orders
    To ship. And we have increased the allotment of CS stock starting with Kobra Kahn.
    Quaterly variants body-parts question

In case you will get to Snake-Mekaneck. Will you consider using the same body parts you used for Snake Man-At-Arms? So there is a kind of 'match' in the Snake-Masters look?
    Also for the next Man-At-Arms variant will you consider changing the body parts again? How about Trap-Jaw's arms in green (including the metallic highlights) this time?

A great suggestion if and when we get to either of these. Nothing to announce right now however!
    Mad Matty Mystery Boxes

Hi Toy Guru. I was wondering if in 2012 there would be a sale of the Mad Matty Mystery Boxes like you have done twice before?

Possibly. Nothing to announce right now but stay tuned!
    International Fans are not getting their Figures!?

April 5th 2012 and still No February order... What's up with that!?
    My order allegedly shipped on February 17th... Still Nothing.
    Calling CS is USELESS because there are NO SORCERESS or FISTO figures left!
    How can we support the line if we're NOT getting our items!? (and NO, switching to UPS is not an option for me... UPS doesn't do PO Boxes)

It takes longer to ship internationally and starting with the March figure we increased the number of units held for CS taken from day of stock to avoid this again.
    Please help

We international fans are not getting our figures.
    I mean... some of us are still waiting for December, January, February and March orders and calling to CS doesn't resolve anything...

The solution is not to tell us, every international fan/buyer, to call CS every month because our toys doesn't show up in 6 weeks cause that is happening with every order we make, the solution would be to fix this new shipping method so we start to receive our stuff again, don't you agree?

This is not one or other people that's having this problems, is massive this really deserves your attention as brand manager.

We can't keep buying and do not receive what we pay for.

UPS is not an option... paying $45 for shipping a $22 figure (plus customs every time because of that) its not a valid option and I think this is easy to understand.

Please help us continue support the line and regain our love and fun in collecting this toys!

We are working on new shipping options for international customers, but yes, it does take longer to ship outside the US.
    ToyGuru - Hi

I've been following this board for awhile and I think that its very important for me to say...

I LOVE THE MOTUC line and EVERYTHING about it.

I love every figure.... I love the bios.... ALL OF IT.

I love toyguru for spending more free hours of his life to make this collection possible for us.

I love having the sub service and wish all my lines were produced this way.

I personally have NEVER had any complications with my sub except January which was well enough communicated that I had no problem with it.

I love the four horsemen sculpts on every figure.

I collected the vintage line and these guys really put the loving touch on bringing back these characters.

I know that usually people only open their mouths when they are hungry or have an opinion that 'clearly everyone else has'......

Well, let be obtuse enough to say 'Eeeeveryone loves this line, don't let it stop"

Do you guys like pizza?
    Let me buy you guys some pizza.

I like pineapple and meatball pizza NY style!
    Limiting figure order quantities

Would it be possible to limit the number of quantities for Orko when it goes up in a couple of days? I know you said that there is more stock for this than Teela, but you have to understand that I have no faith in MC or even you anymore. Sure, there might be more stock of Orko, but 10 or 20 doesn't mean more stock to me. Don't you think it would be a nice gesture towards us collectors if you could maybe, say, limit the orders for the first hour to 5 per customer? After an hour or two you can let the scalpers have their fill. The same for Triklops and some of the other figures. I think you guys owe us something for the poor way you guys handled the Teela sale. If you guys do that, I promise I won't quit the line as previously indicated in a previous post. I'll even buy 2-3 of each of the new figures. If not, then I'm just going to stop right now. I don't need or want the frustration with this line anymore. I may be a walking wallet to Mattel, but I still choose where my money goes to. I am not a completest, so I have no problem just ditching this line right now.

Have faith. We have this one covered! Plenty of Orkos.
    4/16's Orko - Color-change version or solid paint version?

In the News section, Matty list's the April 16th Orko as "MOTU: SDCC Orko® with Prince Adam® (reissue)." Does this mean that this available Orko is the COLOR-CHANGE version that was the SDCC Exclusive? Or is it just the solid color paint app that was available on the Matty Collector Web site AFTER the SDCC show?

Personally, when I read "SDCC" next to Orko, I envision the color-change-in-water version from the Con, so hopefully that's right.

It is the non color change version.
    TG, PLEASE REPLY - Sorceress & Fisto - CS Stocks Exausted ???

If you want to lower the production numbers for 2012 figures, FINE ! It’s your (& Mattel's) business move & strategy ! But what about the Left Over CS Stocks of Sorceress & Fisto ?

Many (YES.... MANY) of us International Subscribers/Customers are yet to receive our subscription figures ! And I know that there plenty of customers who have stuck up with faulty Sorceress & Fisto figures !!!!!! You have asked us to contact Digital River, FINE..... But what kind of answer we get from them when we contact ? Sorceress & Fisto LEFT OVER STOCKS EXAUSTED !!!!!!

As a 2012 Club Eternia Subscriber(s), We are PROMISED & GUARANTEED to get ALL 2012 Figures (In Good Condition) from your side !!!

So what do we have to do now ? Do we have to end up WITHOUT getting Sorceress & Fisto ? Do we have to stick up with defective figures ?

What is the TRUTH behind the left over’s of these figures ? Are you expecting few more of these from China in the next few days ?

You are the “Brand Manager” of this line....... so it s YOU who have to HELP us !!!!

I contacted DR this morning and yes, both Fisto and Sorcerss are now gone. We do not have any more stock. Going forward we will increase the amount of CS stock taken from day-of sales much as we did with Kahn in March.
    Reissue Orko on 4/16

Will this version not have the bleeding ears as the first run did?

It is not a new run of product. It is all remaining inventory from previous productions.
    Sub shipping follow up

TG you recently answered about subs only shipping together after the first figure ships. What changed? These have all been copied form your matty news page, what changed? I read nowhere that I'm paying separately for subs ordered together, but here I am being charged $20 extra for each.

September 14th 2011 says
    August 19th 2011
    August 11th 2011
    August 4th 2011
    July 22nd 2011

In all honestly, this forum is set up for product and brand questions. I simply don't have access to shipping questions. You'll need to call CS, but we have launched a new US based CS group to expedite and resolve issues as quick as possible!
    Orko

Is the upcoming 04.16 sale of Orko just leftover CS stock or has Mattel changed its policy about "reissuing" SDCC exclusives ?

It is remaining stock. We have not gone back into production on anyone for 2012. All reissues for all figure are older stock going forward.
    orko ? please answer

Will orko have a limit on the quantity you can order. So there's not the problem there was with Teela ordering 99.

We have more Orkos vs. Teela so you shouldn't have a problem getting one. Teela's stock was more limited.
    Are the issues with Fisto going to be addressed or what?

Like many other people, I received a Sorceress instead of a Fisto. After nearly a month and a half of jumping through customer service's hoops, I have been told that I cannot have a Fisto and must accept a refund instead. To pour salt in that wound, they will only refund the price of the figure and not the shipping charges.

If being a subscriber no longer guarantees me every figure in the subscription, why should I continue to subscribe?

We have increased the number of units held for CS (taken from Day of stock) going forward (we started this with March's figure). But I can confirm Fisto and Sorceress are our of stock completely. We can only offer refunds for returned product at this point not replacements.

To avoid this happening again we will allocate a higher portion of the day of stock for CS.
    Will you correct your mistake TG?

TG this is one where as brand manager, the buck HAS to stop with you. This is about production numbers and YOUR failure to set accurate production numbers as brand manager.

As it's come out, the stocks of Fisto and Sorceress are exhausted. This is in the wake of countless numbers of those of us who are international customers not receiving our orders, and many people who received their orders finding that figures were broken.

It has been said man a time with reissues that they are original stock that has been held (and arguably created) in case orders went missing or products were defective.

In this case though that hasn't happened and several of us have effectively been given the finger by this glaring "schoolboy" error.

Now certainly, people can get refunds, however let's look at what's involved with those refunds. People are being made to wait and wait before Digital River will accept a claim, or only relenting when you scream at them over the phone, because being reasonable. Even then you're waiting weeks on end. The only thing that does is stop Matty from facing a class action lawsuit for credit card fraud (and yes, I'm betting there are easily over 300 people affected here).

It certainly doesn't keep customers happy.

You keep saying that people need to subscribe more and more as the years go on, but how can we have the confidence to when we can't even be guaranteed to get what we paid for?

What is the point of subscribing when we have no guarantee of getting the figures we're paying for and subscribing SUPPOSEDLY to be guaranteed of getting? That's what we're all thinking right now.

If you're honest, regardless of whether you're able to say it, you would have to admit that February's sale has been an absolute disaster for Matty, with something going very screwy with international shipping.

Most of us affected are ready to walk away from the line and sell off what we have as there is no confidence left for us in the line.

However there is something which you could do to fix that mistake and restore confidence- fire up the production lines for Sorceress and Fisto again to fix the shortfall. Yes, you might lose some money in the short term. However it would send a message to those of us who either cherry pick and are considering subscribing, or those of us who do subscribe, that we can confidently subscribe knowing that we will get what we pay for, meaning the move would actually make you money in the long term.

This one isn't on DR or on CS, it's on Mattel and you for failing to produce adequate stock levels, and now you've got a PR disaster on your hands even worse than before. Before it was just Digital River that looked bad- now though there's a glaring mistake that falls squarely at the feet of Mattel.

The question is though, will you fix your mistake, or face a walkout from people as a result?

We can't just turn the production back on. We have a min number of units we need to do to go into production and that is well above the units we might need for CS.

What we are doing is increasing the number of units held for CS from day of stock to cover what we need for replacements etc...

We did this starting with Kahn in March and will continue to do so going forward.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 1, 2012 at 01:02pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I have to say reading these 'questions' to Toyguru, I do feel quite sorry for Scott right now. We fans really give him hell! And I'm sympathetic to the frustrations of fans (I only last week received december and february orders) but really ... ?

Gotta ask, would He-Man behave this way?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I do wish some fans would ask themselves that before they post, just as I wish Mattel would ask themselves that regarding many of their policies

Also, did he just say that the new customer service is actually IN place, and no longer waiting for legal to approve everything?! If so, I sure hope that news gets more of an announcement than this!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Will you correct your mistake TG?

TG this is one where as brand manager, the buck HAS to stop with you. This is about production numbers and YOUR failure to set accurate production numbers as brand manager.

As it's come out, the stocks of Fisto and Sorceress are exhausted. This is in the wake of countless numbers of those of us who are international customers not receiving our orders, and many people who received their orders finding that figures were broken.

It has been said man a time with reissues that they are original stock that has been held (and arguably created) in case orders went missing or products were defective.

In this case though that hasn't happened and several of us have effectively been given the finger by this glaring "schoolboy" error.

Now certainly, people can get refunds, however let's look at what's involved with those refunds. People are being made to wait and wait before Digital River will accept a claim, or only relenting when you scream at them over the phone, because being reasonable. Even then you're waiting weeks on end. The only thing that does is stop Matty from facing a class action lawsuit for credit card fraud (and yes, I'm betting there are easily over 300 people affected here).

It certainly doesn't keep customers happy.

You keep saying that people need to subscribe more and more as the years go on, but how can we have the confidence to when we can't even be guaranteed to get what we paid for?

What is the point of subscribing when we have no guarantee of getting the figures we're paying for and subscribing SUPPOSEDLY to be guaranteed of getting? That's what we're all thinking right now.

If you're honest, regardless of whether you're able to say it, you would have to admit that February's sale has been an absolute disaster for Matty, with something going very screwy with international shipping.

Most of us affected are ready to walk away from the line and sell off what we have as there is no confidence left for us in the line.

However there is something which you could do to fix that mistake and restore confidence- fire up the production lines for Sorceress and Fisto again to fix the shortfall. Yes, you might lose some money in the short term. However it would send a message to those of us who either cherry pick and are considering subscribing, or those of us who do subscribe, that we can confidently subscribe knowing that we will get what we pay for, meaning the move would actually make you money in the long term.

This one isn't on DR or on CS, it's on Mattel and you for failing to produce adequate stock levels, and now you've got a PR disaster on your hands even worse than before. Before it was just Digital River that looked bad- now though there's a glaring mistake that falls squarely at the feet of Mattel.

The question is though, will you fix your mistake, or face a walkout from people as a result?

We can't just turn the production back on. We have a min number of units we need to do to go into production and that is well above the units we might need for CS.

What we are doing is increasing the number of units held for CS from day of stock to cover what we need for replacements etc...

We did this starting with Kahn in March and will continue to do so going forward.

Best 2012 question so far !

And worst 2012 answer so far as well !

It now looks like Mattel doesn't give a damn if people leave the MOTUC ship. They prefer sticking to their ignoble ways and methods and cancel this line, than satisfying their customers !

To me, it seems that TG just shot himself in the foot. He just implied that 2013 won't be any better than 2012. How could that increase the number of subscribers ?

Also, I see that the international subscribers shipping problems and that the Fisto reissues are once again ignored and minimized. Really, really sad...

So what happens to all us Int. customers who haven't received our Feb and stock yet and we get a defective figure?? There are no more Fisto or Sorceress figs left at all even for CS???
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    So what happens to all us Int. customers who haven't received our Feb and stock yet and we get a defective figure??
    We will be “Digitally Matty Rivered” !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

that´s so bad; you do the right thing and get a sub and then you still end up with no Fisto.

WOW. that's just **** poor planning. having to take CS stock from sales figures. sure the subs are lower, but thats for two reasons, DR service and people don't want to blindly commit to a year long contract. The line is still strong and characters that are to come still have big fans. they also know from experience they can do sales on CS stock that they've set aside (orko teela etc) not as reissues, but as it is now, orko came out two years ago, chances are they don't need to hold on to CS stock. if they are selling out and CS stock depletes, it's bad planning on Scott's part period. the numbers they have for DoS should reflect the trend, stop worrying about keeping up the 5 min sellouts, the more customers get shafted the more customers you alienate and lose.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Scott, I just read that you called DR and there are no more Fistos. What the heck?!? You specifically said more Fistos were coming in and that all sub holders were going to get the figures owned. I'm a sub holder and I did not get Fisto. So now I'm out of luck, even though as a sub holder I'm "guaranteed" to get all the figures. What's the point of being a sub holder if I'm going to get screwed by DR's incompetence?

Every sub holder was mailed a Fisto. It is possible yours is still in transit. We had more than enough Fistos to cover all sub holders. Where we fell short was additional units for CS. We will start holding more back going forward from the day of stock.
    Masters of the Universe Dc Comics
    mmm... I've read of sub holders NOT receiving Fisto and only getting Sorceress/Shadow Weaver because all Fisto's were gone already. So how exactly have all Sub holders received Fisto? The sub is a waste of time and money, since your NOT guaranteed your figures.

Expect the 2013 sub exclusive to be even less produced than Shadow Weaver.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    mmm... I've read of sub holders NOT receiving Fisto and only getting Sorceress/Shadow Weaver because all Fisto's were gone already. So how exactly have all Sub holders received Fisto? The sub is a waste of time and money, since your NOT guaranteed your figures.

Expect the 2013 sub exclusive to be even less produced than Shadow Weaver.
    yeah, with sub holders getting sorceress figures in fisto boxes and then they feed us this line of crap? I'm sorry, THESE are the reasons subs are down, if they didn't force feed us the subs and threaten us with losing the line if we don't subscribe as well as if they actually delivered figures we subsrcibed for people wouldn't be so gun shy about subscribing, listen up mattel, you get what you put in, the worse you treat customers the less willing they will be to support you, at least directly.

2013 subs will be lower if this trend keeps up.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Many of the answers this round disturb me. I've had my share of problems with the line, but I've always had them resolved (more or less) in a timely manner.

But people waiting several months for figures? People still not getting Fisto or Sorceress, and with each passing day looking less and less likely that they will? And the brand manager saying that's not his department?

Woof.

So, in Layman's terms "We are screwed!" There's going to be a Poopstorm if Sorceress and Fisto show up on a Mad Matty Sale...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah, with sub holders getting sorceress figures in fisto boxes and then they feed us this line of crap? I'm sorry, THESE are the reasons subs are down, if they didn't force feed us the subs and threaten us with losing the line if we don't subscribe as well as if they actually delivered figures we subsrcibed for people wouldn't be so gun shy about subscribing, listen up mattel, you get what you put in, the worse you treat customers the less willing they will be to support you, at least directly.

2013 subs will be lower if this trend keeps up.
    Good point. I guess Scott should fix that answer to say "Every sub holder was mailed a Fisto white mailer"

The answer about contacting customer service is such BS. If contacting customer service accomplished anything we wouldn't be posting our questions on your forums!!!!!!!!

I got my defective Sorceress IN FEB when she went out to sub holders in the US I contacted customer service the DAY she arrived! I went back and forth with them FOR WEEKS trying to get them to pick her up. I talked to multiple people through email and on the phone and by the time I got anyone to actually send me a replacement there were none to send!

Then I get an email telling me more Sorceress figures were coming and they'd send me one out of that. Then someone calls me to tell me none are coming at all.

Now they want to refund her cost minus shipping.

Having a sub DID NOT guarantee me a Sorceress figure.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I think sympathy for TG is misplaced here. I feel sorry for people who committed to the sub and didn't get what they paid for.

Why do some of you think this is okay? 'Cause it isn't. Would He-Man go back on his word...?

Save sympathy for those who are sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Convoy View Post
    I think sympathy for TG is misplaced here. I feel sorry for people who committed to the sub and didn't get what they paid for.

Why do some of you think this is okay? 'Cause it isn't. Would He-Man go back on his word...?

Save sympathy for those who are sympathetic.
    Exactly, the subscribers fulfilled their end, then they get screwed over because TG or whomever is in charge of how much product is manufactured screwed up on their estimates including customer service stock, that's just ridiculous and unacceptable. Look I GOT my figures I'm a sub holder, but this stance really ****** me off. So now they are holding back the Day of sale figures for CS stock, which means the casual collector has to endure even faster sell out times and both sub holder and casual collector gamble because there won't be enough CS stock in case of damage or because the wrong figures were packaged into a mislabeled box. It just adds to the reasons for people to stop supporting the line, which sucks because those issues aside, it is a GREAT toy line. Bad decisions and careless mistakes mar every month and it adds up until people say enough.

TG keeps telling everyone "subscribe or die" but when even the sub holders don't get their figures, how does he expect current and future subholders to trust it? as I said if customer service was better, more people would subscribe, but they lost a lot of folks who are now willing to pay more money to resellers because they get better treatment and can guarantee figures over the cmopany that SHOULD be more responsible than they are. it's sad.

Fear is faith in failure

Whoa...

It's not your department? YOU are the Brand Manager...the biggest problem with this line is that people are receiving the wrong packages and there is nothing to replace them with. YOU MAKE IT YOUR PROBLEM! You FIX IT! If you love this line so much...you do everything in your power to protect it. THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS THAT IS HAVING PEOPLE DROP THE LINE AND RISKING THE LONGEVITY OF IT!!!

WAKE UP!

I do think TG takes some crap that he shouldn't or is misguided, but there is some that he should take.I asked about subs shipping together, he answered "only once they renew do they ship together". I followed up with 5 cut/pastes from his sites own news section stating otherwise and his answer to that "this is for product questions only I can't answer shipping questions."

Scott needs to pick what he can and can't (will and wont) answer and not be so wishy washy about it. I feel the same about some questions that he skips answering, but then replys to 2 or 3 with "use search" or "only product questions here"

I would like to thank him for taking his time to answer questions and communicate with fans but have some kind of guidelines and reread your answers knowing it only written and make sure they are condescending or sound like they are blaming someone else.

J

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Most of us international collectors are up the Digital River without a paddle!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Right. to be fair, I understand the line about "we can't go back into production without a minimum amount of units." I get that, but going forward the plan that's in motion is a terrible plan. It decreases the sales figures, it alienates direct customers and it keeps eroding away the confidence of your current consumers. NONE of that is good for business.

I'm sure that they can adjust production for September figures and since those haven't been produced yet, they can adjust the numbers likely at less than the minimum # required to start up another production. I understand I don't know the numbers or their deals, but it's cheaper to add to an order than to go back into an order that's past. AND it's on record that they have done this in the past during the year (TG said they need a 5-7 month lead time to change production numbers so September/October is the earliest we'd see a change).

TG could easily say "we're locked in at our numbers up until September (for example) but going forward from then production numbers will increase to meet CS requirements." then as with now if those don't end up being used, they get put up for sale a year or so later (a la Orko, Teela etc)
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 9, 2012 at 01:04pm.

Fear is faith in failure

So if I read this right, fewer figures will be offered for sale on Matty so more can be held back for replacements. That doesn't seem like it solves the bigger problems of increased defects or absurdly long delays for international fans. And of course, there will surely be defective figures among those held back as replacements. I don't envy TG or anyone trying to work this problem, as it sounds like there are greedy corporate wants (high profit margins no matter what corners get cut) that make it hard to solve.

The DC Comic is an all new project. If they introduce new characters into the series they are certainly candidates for a Classics figure, but nothing is set right now in terms of a figure based on the new comics as the first issue has yet to be drawn!
    That's interesting. Did someone finally listened to Val that a comic needs to be able to introduce new things? Of course the comic can probably show established characters who haven't had figures yet without worrying about specific redesigns since this is Classics which has less reinterpretation than 200x had. Still I'm glad they've left this door open, just in case anyone new is introduced and fans like him/her/it.

Well, I have read many people who still have not received their February orders and or their March orders. When contacting Customer Service who is the lovely Digital River. They still give them the run around. Telling them that they just have to... wait til they get their order or a refund cause supplies have been out since they went on sale! And that's an issue there too! DR has told people that there was not any merchandise slotted for CS stock! So Matty has really cut back production!

So Scott, where is all this change that you have been promising since Toy Fair? Or were you referring to what we'll have in our pockets when you, Matty, and DR crap on us?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Taking more CS stock from DOS is stupid, and if everything is sold sold out, then they should have been able to make production runs a little higher and still be OK....taking more from non sub customers is asinine, and probably their plan all the long.... And since the sub no longer guarantees you actually get you figures....and seriously how many more subscribers didn't get figures than they actually made stock for....I mean really? Lowering production was a stupid idea, except on no brainer figures like Star Sisters....they just spoke lower numbers, but Fisto, Sorceress, Khan....should have had higher numbers period.

And as Brand Manager, how can he not know what goes on from concept to final production and shipping....yet he can answer whether or not items will combine or not.

And really? It seems like all those who believed that the line is doing just fine are seriously misguided....if mishandling of product and services continues like it has been....and I kind of believe not much will change, the line is in trouble. But then again no sub would probably be a good thing to happen to the line in my opinion. Yes the line will shrink back down, but at least there would still be a line, a sub is a stupid idea for a toyline anyway, considering the line did just fine aside from fast sellouts before they got the numbers right..then in 2009 it was fine....now with a sub in 2012 it's more a headache than a help.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; April 9, 2012 at 01:15pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

i hope folks who are always looking to call TG and Matty out on a lie remember and consider this first:

That is correct. Things can always change and this policy is not set in stone or anything, but currently there are no plans to reissue any of the 2012 figures. Once they are gone, they are gone. And so far all of the 2012 figures have sold out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I have to say reading these 'questions' to Toyguru, I do feel quite sorry for Scott right now. We fans really give him hell! And I'm sympathetic to the frustrations of fans (I only last week received december and february orders) but really ... ?

What the?

We give him hell? How about the countless international fans out there who are living a hell of their own not having received their subscription figures and being unable to request new ones to be sent! They bought a subscription but are not guaranteed to receive every figure and if they did and it happened to have bad QC then BAD LUCK!!

Scott as a representative of Mattel and brand manager needs and deserves to hear it for the "hell" that they are putting their customers through.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    So what happens to all us Int. customers who haven't received our Feb and stock yet and we get a defective figure?? There are no more Fisto or Sorceress figs left at all even for CS???
    That's 'if' you receive it. Given that I have received my figures and a friend of mine has not (it's already been a couple of weeks since mine arrived), I am highly doubtful his and that of others will be arriving. I think that the 'we have shipped your order' emails are BS and who knows what really is going on at DR or Mattel. I am not sure how the Fisto and Sorceress numbers were so horrible miscalculated.

You know what? It wouldn't surprise me if several figures were not shipped at all because they didn't even have enough numbers to account for the international subscription customers! The rest is just BS.
    Last edited by kup; April 9, 2012 at 01:43pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost