Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread April 2012

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I mentioned this in another thread, but for those having problems with being charged separate shipping, there is an online complaint form for the Postal Service, and it does include a category of "Misrepresentation of product/service," which would include changing the agreed upon shipping after the fact.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/f...complaint.aspx

Talking to DR, TG, or Mattel is going to get us nowhere, as they've already made abundantly clear. The big shot new CS team is apparently at the escalation level from the latest info shared by Evil Lord Skeletor, so the people you get when you first call Matty are the same inept folks we've been dealing with all along. In other words, the first level everyone is supposed to deal with are still as incompetent as ever; nothing has changed. The only way anything is going to change is external pressure from whatever sources we can muster.

Report them to the BBB.
    If they're overcharging on shipping, report them to the Postal Service.
    If you've had bogus or incorrect charges on your card, report it to your bank (DR is apparently already on some watch lists already).

Get Mattel involved in a few legal investigations, and maybe someone upstairs will notice the nonsense going on here. It's gotten to the point folks are actually getting ripped off by Matty, paying money they don't owe, so it's gone way beyond "I'm not getting my toys the way I want them!" Mattel and DR are ignoring contractual obligations and they don't care.

Time to make them care.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

TG just answered a question of why are Canadian packages being routed through Sweden, what a garbage answer. How on earth can it make any sense to send Canada packages across the ocean to save money for DR? And we're supposed to pay more to get it faster, how about DR actually give us the shipping we pay for. The amount they charge is more then I'm ever charged on eBay for faster shipping for more items.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    Some of the less expensive forms of shipping go by bulk mail and are routed around. For a faster deliver, you can choose a more expensive form of delivery.
    He also basically answered that this is your Stinkor take it or leave it, the market isn't there for 2nd runs

J

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    8 new questions are out and they are up in the front of the thread!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

The answer about the beasts is interesting. Did anyone else find it odd that he included a bit about the Preternia Dinos? Is this a hint or merely a fact?

Why does Mattel keep disrespecting fans with this lie?

Much like BG Evil Lyn's arm pieces which were intentionally reversed

Heroic Warrior
    Toyguru keeps on shoveling unhelpful and aggravating answers, and throwing pitiful excuses at us (cf. the new Stinkor BS answers)... The fans shall remember this next month when Mr. Neitlich will begin to push the 2013 sub.

The only interesting answer I saw in there was the one about the beasts. From what I gather, we may get Stridor or Nightstalker sooner rather than later, mainly because of their shared parts. Maybe we'll get a Preternia dino in 2013 (if the 2013 subs sell properly, that is... which, given the repeated issues and arrogant answers, is in no way guaranteed).

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Looks like Mattel doesn't care that many fans are unhappy about Stinkor
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I always really liked Stinkor because of his cool colors and funny "feature"... and probably also because I like Mer-Man. I'm happy Stinkor's "millenium" head is included. MOTUC Stinkor is perfect to me IF you don't count these terrible forearms. The fact Mattel did this terrible forearms change purposefully won't be easy for the fans to swallow... I really pray that this line can continue for at least 2 more years. Let's hope that Mattel doesn't go "suiciding" the line once again.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Not at all! Of course we want to hear fan feedback. But at this point, Stinkor is produced and on the way to DR. It just is not possible to make any changes. But much as we heard your feedback after the peg and hole She-Ra mask feature, we try not to repeat concepts fans and customers don't like. So got it. Loud and clear, you would have preferred the gloves were not attached in a unique way. I have passed these comments along to the design team so they are up to speed with reaction and interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Not at all! Of course we want to hear fan feedback. But at this point, Stinkor is produced and on the way to DR. It just is not possible to make any changes. But much as we heard your feedback after the peg and hole She-Ra mask feature, we try not to repeat concepts fans and customers don't like. So got it. Loud and clear, you would have preferred the gloves were not attached in a unique way. I have passed these comments along to the design team so they are up to speed with reaction and interest.
    I think what would have given you the best of both worlds, is if they were truly like Battle Ground Evil-Lyn's gauntlets, and were able to rotate, that way you could have your backward forearms, and fans who didn't like those could rotate them around to the way they like. Everyone would have "won" that way.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Not at all! Of course we want to hear fan feedback.
    Fan Feedback: Can the style of randomly reversing parts just be permanently retired from the Classics line as a legitimate design strategy? I can't think of a single example where reversed parts have been well received or have looked right on any figures.

I don't look forward to having Jitsu with two left legs or Castaspella with two right hands just to make them POP!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Fans didn't like the reversed shoulders. The first time, the second time, the third time, and the fourth time. How did you expect fans to react to reversed forearms? Please don't try to make it sound like the gloves are the only thing switched. It's the entire forearms that are reversed.

Once again there is no attempt on your company's part to fix an issue. When will we hear something official about Snout Spout's deteriorating trunk or Roboto's cracking torso? Fans want solutions not more empty promises to do better in the future.

Mattel is the largest toy company in the world. It's not impossible to make changes and offer corrected figures. It's a matter of poor ethics and a refusal to take responsibility. This isn't meant to be a personal indictment of you but the corporation you work for definitely deserves to be held accountable for these continual problems.

Thanks for saying you are listening. Many of us are aware that there is nothing to be done as all of the figures have finished production. Hopefully a change like this from 4- horsemen prototypes will not be done again without some input from fans, like the Griffons Wings (by the way, thanks for listening to that one as well!)

Hopefully, there won't be too many other types of decisions made (not these types of design changes you have heard us loud and clear on) that upset fans in the future.

But they aren't unique.....they are backwards. We didn't like the "unique" Roboto or Hssss shoulders, either. And it is possible to make the changes......delay the figure and eat the cost of your, (company's), mistakes, for once. We've already dealt with delays this year, so that's not a big deal. Please don't make the customers pay for the mistakes.

Note to design team: Customers do not like parts assembled on figures backwards.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

"Unique way?" HA. What a joke.

why does TG say the gloves? Has he not seen the pictures and reaction? If it was only the gloves it wouldn't be that big of a deal. It's the forearms. How about Mattel just stop making changes to horsemen prototypes. I still don't understand the point of sculpting a new part, the forarms, then changing them? Who's bright idea was that?

J

So many questions about Stinkor's arms ... look fine to me!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    So many questions about Stinkor's arms ... look fine to me!
    well i'll bet you will change your mind pretty fast when you 'll have your figure in your hands though...

I guess Mattel is sticking to its guns and saying Stinkor's forearms were not a mistake. I don't buy it, but even if it was a decision, that decision was a mistake. It was an even bigger, less understandible mistake than accidentally swapping forearms.

And unique? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    I still don't understand the point of sculpting a new part, the forarms, then changing them? Who's bright idea was that?
    It's cause it was an error, but couldn't be said that it was. If it was a change, as others have pointed out, TG would have been sprouting on about how they were reversed well before someone noticed it. He didn't till it was brought up. Come on. It's all just laughable at this point.

Though it's sad that this issue will not get fixed, I'm thankful and hopeful that none of these kinds of shenanigans would be repeated in future releases.
    Did you give a sanction against the Designer that suggested the forearms swap?
    I don't want anyone to get fired, but I would appreciate a short video clip of you giving him three strong flicks in the ear for making such a poor design choice
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

you would have preferred the gloves were not attached in a unique way. I have passed these comments along to the design team so they are up to speed with reaction and interest.
    Scott! Its not just the gloves that are switched its the whole forearm piece complete with muscles! Therefore it is wrong! If the gloves were a seperate piece to the forearm (and didn't show any muscle/anatomy) like BG Evil Lyn's wrist gauntlet was there wouldn't be so much of a problem but because the anatomy/muscles are showing underneath the 'glove' it's anatomically incorrect for them to be this way? Don't you get it?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Thank you for finally addressing this issue here. It is good to hear that you have made the design team aware of how a lot of fans feel about Stinkor's forearms. Unfortunately, where do we go from here? The design team took notice, and now what? No solution in sight? No reissue planned for 2013/14? Is this yet another figure that just wont get fixed in this line?

TG, can I propose for a special sub line consisting of figures that had QC issues (GG, King Hiss, Roboto, SS, Stinkor etc) to be considered for 2014? I think only then we would know with certainty whether there is enough fan support for reissued/fixed figures.
    Last edited by THINKOR; April 25, 2012 at 05:21am.
    Evil Master of Thinking!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I've re-watched Pixel Dan's review of Stinkor. Really they aren't that noticible if you pose him the correct way. If you have him posed with his arms out to his side - yes the error is a bit more noticable, but I really don't think its going to be too big of an issue. I cannot wait to get him.

I think Mattel have learned their lesson on this one.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I've re-watched Pixel Dan's review of Stinkor. Really they aren't that noticible if you pose him the correct way. If you have him posed with his arms out to his side - yes the error is a bit more noticable, but I really don't think its going to be too big of an issue. I cannot wait to get him.

I think Mattel have learned their lesson on this one.
    If a car has a dented fender...you can't notice it from all angles either. The fact is...you can notice it and it's not just reversed shoulders, the entire muscle structure is wrong.