Why is Filmation Evil-Lyn's wand being painted black when it's blue in the cartoon?
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
- This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
- Please do not attach photos. Any linked/attached photos will be removed.
- Please avoid questions about the future release of a specific, previously unreleased character(s). The odds are overwhelming that Mattel will not spoil a reveal for something that isn't a re-release.
A random fan will be selected to pick 5 questions to submit to Mattel. Please do not take offense to your question not being submitted.
Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions.
This past round of questions were selected by OnlyOneSkeletor.
Thanks to that fan for their help!!!
1. OnlyOneSkeletor: Will the mold used for great apes of Eternia (Gygor & Shadow Beasts) be reused for other beasts in the future?
2. Swanmarsh: In your consideration of future releases of the snake men army builder figure(s), either single carded or two-pack, have you considered giving the figure a tail like in the 200x cartoon and comics? Some Snake Men need tails!
3. Jean: With Horde Troopers coming back as a single carded figure, has the idea of a Club Army Builder ever cross Matty's mind? I'm sure there are collectors out there who wouldn't mind having an army builder character delivered to their door every month, be it a year of Horde Troopers or a mixture of different army builders throughout the year.
4. Xetheus: Since the MOTUC 200X mini sub was quite successful and since Mattel is licensing the MOTU brand to other companies, would it be possible to finally release the cancelled NECA Faker and Kobra Khan mini statues (stactions) set originally announced in 2007? It could be a one time anniversary set in maybe 2017, ten years after their cancellation.
5. cyberv: Considering this year's figure delays, will anything be done to keep subscribers from being charged multiple times on shipping costs due to figures being broken into multiple shipments that were originally supposed to be released at the same time and shipped all together?
Would you consider multiple options to have more vehicles to be done for those who want to finish the vintage line-up ?
When you get to Granita, can you imagine doing her as you did the other Rock People, Stonedar and Rokkon? Ie. With attachable rock pieces and a gun that slots into her torso.
Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot
Is there any interest in doing a line of vintage style figures? Meaning, vintage 5 1/2 inch scale, and six points of articulation, but done in the style of the cross sell art (especially Mer-Man and other early figures), and maybe including figures that were never released or are very rare (He-Ro, Eldor, Laser Light Skeletor, Laser Power He-Man, Filmation figures, etc)? I think there would be a lot of interest from people who currently collect the vintage 1980s line.
Will MOTU / MOTUC have a presence at Mattel's San Diego Comic Con booth this year?
A Want List of Sorts: at this point... I just hope there is a 2017...
why was Bugeye, one of skeletors underlings, from the son of heman bible, not included in the new minicomics while all the other characters were?
Last edited by facet; May 14, 2016 at 12:04pm. Reason: changed question
OK, since no one is asking, I'll do it...
There have been rumors of a possible demise of the MOTUC line recently.
Are there still plans for the line to continue in 2017?
While we understand the delays of the figures due to various issues like production & imports etc, would it be possible to give us an updated release schedule for both collector's choice & club grayskull lines for the entire 2017? Giving this will help a lot of fans to setup their budget for this year!
In My Canon, Skeletor Has No Duck Feet !!!
Is it really helpful ask about MotUC at this guys?
I've many doubts at this moment...
Are the rumours concerning Snake Mountain really true? Will we never see that awesome prototype enter production..?
Why is there no MOTUC exclusive this year at the SDCC like there has been every year past? Barbie She-Ra not included.
"You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness
Arizona Mazter of the Universe
If MOTUC is ending, would you consider doing fan voted character 2-packs quarterly to get the last few most wanted characters made?
At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!