Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Hero II (Dare) Video Review by Pixel Dan

MOTUC Hero II (Dare) Video Review by Pixel Dan

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at Hero II (Dare) from MattyCollector. Check it out!

Nice review as usual, glad to see Dan at the review station, there's a few small things on this figure that bug me, but overall it seems that the reception has been very positive.

Great job on the video, I like that you showed other ways to mix and match parts.

(great stuff as always Dan!)

I reall don't care for guy with sword figures but I do like this guy.

Not a figure I had any interest in but he looks fine and I like the Filmation armor.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Im so confused with this SOHM thing... anyways.... I feel he looks like a NA He Man variant. Good review as always Dan!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Another great review from Pixel Dan!!! I just love the fact that you can swop out the part with Vykron to make a Dare Concept Figure!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Maybe Im wrong, but there is no mention to the fact that the ponytail is articulated...
    TOP 25 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -KARG -SCROLLOS -LANDSHARK -3 ETERNIAN TOWERS
    -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA -METEORBS -MONSTROID -BLASTERHAWK

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Great review. Dare is one of my absolute favourite figures from last year (did I really just say that!)
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Maybe Im wrong, but there is no mention to the fact that the ponytail is articulated...
    I was just going to point that out! That's the most important part of the entire figure!
    I'm glad we got to see the Vykron swap. I really like it. If you paint the "Space Ace" codpiece thing to match the Filmation colors, and use it on the Vykron version, you can get pretty darned close the old pitch picture.
    Some remaining, post 2017-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Even though Dare (He-Ro II) was stripped of his true parentage in the MOTUC bios, I really appreciate that the Four Horsemen's design on him (intentionally or not) hints towards Adora and Sea Hawk being his parents:

1. Reddish hair looks like a mix of red + blonde (Sea Hawk and She-Ra).
    2. Blaster with holster (Adora)
    3. H: SoH chest armour with jewel in the centre (like the Sword of Honour).

He will still be their child in my eyes.

I do miss his unique loincloth over the blue pants, though. He did turn out great looking. Bring on his nemesis, Skeleteen!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Red and Blonde. Teela and Adam?

And thank you Dan for showing Dare with the Vykron Buck and second armor! Still kills me how he was packed out with miss matched parts and no sticker.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post

And thank you Dan for showing Dare with the Vykron Buck and second armor! Still kills me how he was packed out with miss matched parts and no sticker.
    was he supposed to be on the Vykron buck Scott?

Yes. That was always the intent. And he was supposed to be packed out with the silver armor on as it is the armor he has with the blue pants. Even the cross sell is shot wrong.

Well, at least he looks good with the blue armor.

Yes. That was always the intent. And he was supposed to be packed out with the silver armor on as it is the armor he has with the blue pants. Even the cross sell is shot wrong.
    I actually bought a Vykron exclusively for this reason....but changel my mind after I got He-ro in hand. I really like how the mismatched parts look together. I think they did really job with their happy accident. As for the sticker...gives people an excuse to break out their sticker sheets . I never understood those btw...but I'm a loose collecter for MOTUC.

Great review Dan.

I thought the vykron buck was a pretty good idea. I would still have to switch the boots & gauntlets from He Ro II to Vykron because I like their colours, but I have been thinking about getting a generic buck to use to have him more nekkid in the legs area.

I really need 2 vykrons to complete the 3 pack, been wanting that forever, so "wasting" one on He Ro is unneccesary. Since I'd have to do parts swap anyway, He Man or someone is just as good if not better than Vykron.

As he is, with the Blue Harness, it has been growing on me and I am starting to feel like I do not need to swap anything anymore. Especially since this is the first "real" him anyway, first official version, it's just different enough to be good as is.

Not that I wouldnt still kinda like a barbarian bottom, but only I realize now, if it had the boot and loin additions sculpted in.
    -edit-

oh and I forgot to mention that the gunbelt is plenty long enough that you can buckle it around his belt, obscuring the NA He man belt and giving it a unique leather and buckle belt look. Adds alot to my eyes.
    heroii 001.jpg
    Last edited by baronterror; January 22, 2016 at 02:26am.

He SHOULD have been made with two sets of legs so we could make the proper barbarian version. That kind of tooling already exists, for the most part.

Frankly, though, he looks pretty great with the filmatio armor and the blue pants.

To say the cross sell shot was wrong assumes that they intended to carry out your wish... maybe they decided to go another way... obviously they did. It isn't necessarily a mistake.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Ghost, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, Kayo, Joya, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, The Enchantress, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro, Dree-Elle & Uncle Montork.

Filmation Variants: She-Ra, Bow, Mantenna, Leech, Entrapta, Grizzlor, Prince Adam, Glimmer, Adora

Heroic Warrior
    That must be terribly frustrating when a figure you worked on comes out incorrectly. For all of our complaining as fans, I imagine it's a special kind of sting as brand manager (or former brand manager) as well.

Stunning Review Dan !

That said, to me, he is always an NA He-Man variant. NA He-Man V1 to be exact ! Actually, the blue armour is actually what saving this figure !! Had this figure come only with NA silver armour, I would have lost my interest completely !

TBH, The "All Blue" Outfit Has Boosted My Interest Dramatically !

Matty Has Been Matted For 2017 !

Now I Seriously Hope Super 7 Makes Me Feel I Am In Heaven !!

Great review, as always Dan! I really like this figure and glad he was able to be included in the line.

Yes, I figured that was probably the intent, but it's a happy co-incidence that She-Ra is blonde and Sea Hawk is a red head. I love Lou Sheimer's He-Ro: Son of He-Man, and She-Ra and Sea Hawk were going to be his biological parents in the show. That's the story I'm signed on for.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Even though Dare (He-Ro II) was stripped of his true parentage in the MOTUC bios, I really appreciate that the Four Horsemen's design on him (intentionally or not) hints towards Adora and Sea Hawk being his parents:

1. Reddish hair looks like a mix of red + blonde (Sea Hawk and She-Ra).
    2. Blaster with holster (Adora)
    3. H: SoH chest armour with jewel in the centre (like the Sword of Honour).

He will still be their child in my eyes.
    I agree. While i'm still not a fan of the Son of He-Man era, i'd rather see them stick as close to the Lou Scheimer version as possible.

Also, I like Adora and Sea Hawk being Dare's true parents, as I feel it helps connect the worlds of Etheria & Eternia even more.

Hair colour doesn't matter though, as it isn't really a sign of parentage. Even if Sea Hawk or Teela were blonde, Dare could still have red hair.

Another great review that puts the figures in the best possible light. He-Ro II is probably one of my favorite figures in the line. I think the only way I will sub for 2017 is if there are more SOH figures (Kay-La, Lady Slither, Skeleteen, Sorceress Teela, Old Evil-Lyn, etc).

Great review as always Dan.
    I really think they did they did the best they could with this character by giving us both sets of armour, the mix and match options are great, especially if you have Vykron. Shame we couldn't get his bet as well, hopefully we'll be able to get it packed in with an other figure like Skeleteen
    I actually prefer him packed out in the harness as it stops him looking like just a repaint while on the card.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one