Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 58

Thread: "The Original" Burst MOTUC List

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,030
    Catra was reissue last month. People that bought the reissue got the figure with the burst. The same goes for Clawful last month.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  2. #27
    hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Now I have to search for my own BG EL Burst figure...ugh.
    I know what you mean, I think i need 9 more bursts (not counting whplash or webstor)
    MOC collecting can be frustrating but it makes the victories at the end of the hunt that much sweeter.

    I ordered BA skelly expecting a burst and it wasn't so he got opened, i wanted BG lyn to open and she was a nice surprise, then i get regular skelly and he's got the open hand that he-boy referred to.
    here's the comparison.


    i took a chance that tri-klops wouldn't have a burst just like teela last month. I'm thinking orko won't either yet faker has one but who knows. and i'm affraid man e faces if he has one will be like buzz-off with the burst

    I'm not sure who's counting but it is nice to at least have a list now instead of trying to compile one years from now.
    Bad times don't last forever but bad guys do ~ Razor Ramone

  3. #28
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    57
    There's an orko on eBay uk with 'the original' burst on.

    Also, I picked up a bg teela with the burst on recently so add that to the list!

    I'd hoped that man-e-faces marked the end of 'the original' burst, but since bg evil Lynn has one... Maybe not

  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by swift33uk View Post
    There's an orko on eBay uk with 'the original' burst on.

    Also, I picked up a bg teela with the burst on recently so add that to the list!

    I'd hoped that man-e-faces marked the end of 'the original' burst, but since bg evil Lynn has one... Maybe not
    Wow... Orko does have "The Original"... Now I am REALLY confused.
    You picked up a BG Teela or a BG Evil Lyn?
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    191
    I got dragomen, orko and triklops, and can confirm that Orko does have the burst. I took a picture with my digital cam, but am using my iPad right now. Will open the white mailer to see if tri has it as well

    Triklops (mines at least) doesn't have it. I wonder if I was one of the few fortunate that has gotten a non reissue or that all the triklops are back stock figs.

    Update: figured out how to upload iPad pics from photobucket:

    If anyone wants clearer pics, I can still upload the pic I took with my digital cam
    Last edited by Super megatron; April 24, 2012 at 03:52pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #31
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Super megatron View Post
    I got dragomen, orko and triklops, and can confirm that Orko does have the burst. I took a picture with my digital cam, but am using my iPad right now. Will open the white mailer to see if tri has it as well

    Triklops (mines at least) doesn't have it. I wonder if I was one of the few fortunate that has gotten a non reissue or that all the triklops are back stock figs.

    Update: figured out how to upload iPad pics from photobucket:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/75e2996a.jpg
    If anyone wants clearer pics, I can still upload the pic I took with my digital cam
    now they're either messing with people or just don't know what they are doing....

    As well as BGEL, long after the figures were supposedly not getting re-issues....just like Swiftwind.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    now they're either messing with people or just don't know what they are doing....

    As well as BGEL, long after the figures were supposedly not getting re-issues....just like Swiftwind.
    Who knows any more... Though if you look at one of Scott's recent posts on Matty Q&A... It states no reissues after Q4 2011 (Oct/Nov/Dec)... Man E Faces was in Q3 (Jul / Aug / Sep) though.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  8. #33
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Wow... Orko does have "The Original"... Now I am REALLY confused.
    You picked up a BG Teela or a BG Evil Lyn?
    I picked up a BG Teela... so now i'm on the lookout for a BG Evil Lyn with the original burst on.

    Seems Sy-klone could be the rarest - I haven't even seen a photo of one of him with the burst on!

  9. #34
    Heroic Warrior orkothewizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antwerp (Belgium)
    Posts
    354
    History of the bursts;

    The idea was great, doing the reissue lot with a yellow burst for future sales and for people that missed the first run.
    After some months people like myself got yellow star robotos when we orderd on the first roboto saledate.
    Mistake, because they didn't wanted the costumers to know that they where printing the first lot and the second at the same time.
    What also backfired was that people saw a flaw in the figure and it's impossible to fix that when your second run (yellow star) was allready made.
    After some months I got a vikor with yellow star so they kept on printing first and second run at the same time to cut expences.
    Last summer came the announcement no more reprints after manefaces.
    Apparently there are figures out like bge with yellowstar so they must have cancelled that plan?
    Orko had always gone for good next to him so I wonder was the yellowstar run made at the same time or did they make those recently?

    If they make first and second run at the same time in the factory this has as a result that the decission was made to not correct flaws on figures (like roboto and swiftwind).
    In a business point of view that would be logical but it has a major impact on the quality I think.

    Once a figure is made they can't correct a flaw anymore with saying our second run will be improved when they are allready made with the first flawed run.
    I have the real power!

    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,030
    Scott's response on MattyCollector!

    Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru
    Orko was produced in a second run. This is what was sold. (but the production was done a while back and he was held for this month's sale) So was BG Evil Lyn. Although she came out after Man-E-Faces she was produced well before him and I believe did have a second run and may wind up being the true "last figure" in a second run package. (although I could be mistaken).
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  11. #36
    Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Scott's response on MattyCollector!
    Well that clears it up, all's well that ends well, well that's a wrap, I think we can close the case on the missing carpet, I wouldn't hold out much for the breifcase though...or the Creedence.

    Seriously, the guessing game continues...
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

  12. #37
    Vintage Vintage Vintage Vlcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Tornado Alley
    Posts
    2,369
    Don't know if this matters. I just received my extra Man E faces to open as a loose figure. He DOES have the starburst for people that want to know.
    DSC_1102.jpg

  13. #38
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT USA
    Posts
    1,639
    I think my head may explode if I get my Orko this month and he has a burst on him.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior AuraBoyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    590
    I have said to my friends ever since they started releasing "The Original" 2nd releases - that in the end, when the line is done (hopefully far in the future), these MOC variants will be worth more $$$. They will ultimately end up being the harder to find variants. Simply because alot of people (including myself with Trap-Jaw) stopped buying the second releases.

    I have a complete collection of non-'The Original' MOC figures but only up to Trap-Jaw do I also have 'The Original' variants (except for Roboto - the only non-cracked version I could get of this figure was a "The Original" variant. After receiving 3 Robotos cracked when the 4th one arrived it wasn't cracked at all BUT had 'The Original' burst on it (I was furious)... Rather than go through another round of Digital River Circus I decided to just accept that it wasn't 'first-release' and keep it.

    Anyway since they have decided to stop re-issuing it must mean alot of people did what I did and stopped purchasing second releases. I just didn't see the point as most figures were identical inside the card and half the time I would order the 'Original' second releases they would send me first releases.

    I think in the end 'The Original' figures, especially the ones post Battle Cat will end up in the price guides as being worth more than the original releases.

    Just my humble opinion I could be wrong in the end.

  15. #40
    Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Trap Jaw's Man Cave
    Posts
    1,348
    It's easy to get caught up in the "gotta have both" craze. Original burst and not OB, I mean.

    It'll be interesting to see which ones will be worth more as time goes on. I know right now on Ebay, Trap Jaw without the original burst on it goes for more than the one that does. We'll see in the end though. Interesting how they said post Man-E-Faces that there'll be no more reissues, but look what Vlcan has... a MEF with "the original" on it. LOL
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

    Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

    Support The Power & Honor Foundation

    Power-Con/ThunderCon

  16. #41
    chris says me tristanstewart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    hampton, va
    Posts
    201
    i just ran across this thread and now i need to look through my collection and see what burst figures im missing...and may need to start buying more figures than normal just to stay on top of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Don't know if this matters. I just received my extra Man E faces to open as a loose figure. He DOES have the starburst for people that want to know.
    not to get away from the topic, but if you have pictures of your collection i'd like to see them. seems like youve got a pretty nice layout there.
    chris said me

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Pescara - ITALY
    Posts
    1,899
    These are the figures packaged with "The Original" burst that I counted so far...

    He Man
    Man At Arms
    Teela
    Stratos
    Man E Faces
    Buzz Off
    Orko & Prince Adam
    Roboto
    Moss Man
    Sy Klone

    Skeletor
    Beast Man
    Mer Man
    Faker
    Evil Lyn
    Clawful
    Battle Armor Skeletor

    Shera
    Adora
    Bow

    Hordak
    Grizzlor
    Catra

    King Hiss

    Battleground Teela
    Battleground Evil Lyn
    Count Marzo
    Chief Carnivus
    Vikor
    King Grayskull

    Battle Cat
    Panthor
    Gygor
    Shadow Beast
    Tytus
    Swift Wind

  18. #43
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    History of the bursts;

    The idea was great, doing the reissue lot with a yellow burst for future sales and for people that missed the first run.
    After some months people like myself got yellow star robotos when we orderd on the first roboto saledate.
    Mistake, because they didn't wanted the costumers to know that they where printing the first lot and the second at the same time.
    What also backfired was that people saw a flaw in the figure and it's impossible to fix that when your second run (yellow star) was allready made.
    After some months I got a vikor with yellow star so they kept on printing first and second run at the same time to cut expences.
    Last summer came the announcement no more reprints after manefaces.
    Apparently there are figures out like bge with yellowstar so they must have cancelled that plan?
    Orko had always gone for good next to him so I wonder was the yellowstar run made at the same time or did they make those recently?

    If they make first and second run at the same time in the factory this has as a result that the decission was made to not correct flaws on figures (like roboto and swiftwind).
    In a business point of view that would be logical but it has a major impact on the quality I think.

    Once a figure is made they can't correct a flaw anymore with saying our second run will be improved when they are allready made with the first flawed run.
    Technically with He-Man & Skeletor, they did correct with the second run, printing paper out is a whole different thing than re-running machines to pump plastic....it's likely that
    when they ran out of regular non burst papers, they just started using the ones with the burst instead of reprinting new non burst papers....That is a small savings, but still a savings.

    Also the Orko that is / was gone for good, is the SDCC color change version.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior swind15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,079
    My Cyber-Monday Leech has the burst as well.

  20. #45
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    It's easy to get caught up in the "gotta have both" craze. Original burst and not OB, I mean.

    It'll be interesting to see which ones will be worth more as time goes on. I know right now on Ebay, Trap Jaw without the original burst on it goes for more than the one that does. We'll see in the end though. Interesting how they said post Man-E-Faces that there'll be no more reissues, but look what Vlcan has... a MEF with "the original" on it. LOL
    Most secondary retailers (like BBTS) sell the first-runs for more money as well.

    Ultimately I believe it will come down to the figures that were actually changed/improved like He-Man (shoulders, face, gloss), Skeletor (gripping hand, face paint), Goddess (stronger plastic??), etc... Meaning that the original runs will become harder to find MIP and subsequently increase in value.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

  21. #46
    Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,810
    Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    My Cyber-Monday Leech has the burst as well.
    Pixs dude!

    I added a few new pictures to the first page: King Grayskull, King Hsss, Battle Ground Teela and Sy-Klone.

    Updated again with Hurricane Hordak and Swift Wind.
    Last edited by mikethedrummer; December 20, 2012 at 02:19pm.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior Monteeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    1,058
    Does anyone here knows if Faceless One and Scareglow have "The Original" burst on their cards ?

  23. #48
    Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Does anyone here knows if Faceless One and Scareglow have "The Original" burst on their cards ?
    There has been no report of this. This goes for Teela, Webstor, BA He-Man, BP She-Ra, Captain Glenn, Demo Man, DB Skeletor, Palace Guards, EP King Randor, Fisto, Frosta, Griffin, He-Ro, Horde Prime, Icarus, King Randor, Kobra Khan, Megator, Mekaneck, Mo-Larr vs Skeletor, Optikk, Queen Marlena, Rattlor, Slush Head, Snake MAA, Snake Man 2 pack, Snout Spout, Sorceress, Spikor, Star Sisters, Stinkor, The Goddess, TP He-Man, Tri-Klops, Whiplash, Wind Raider, Zodac, Zodak, any of the sub exclusives or any of the 30th Anniversary figures. Whew...
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

  24. #49
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    There has been no report of this. This goes for Teela, Webstor, BA He-Man, BP She-Ra, Captain Glenn, Demo Man, DB Skeletor, Palace Guards, EP King Randor, Fisto, Frosta, Griffin, He-Ro, Horde Prime, Icarus, King Randor, Kobra Khan, Megator, Mekaneck, Mo-Larr vs Skeletor, Optikk, Queen Marlena, Rattlor, Slush Head, Snake MAA, Snake Man 2 pack, Snout Spout, Sorceress, Spikor, Star Sisters, Stinkor, The Goddess, TP He-Man, Tri-Klops, Whiplash, Wind Raider, Zodac, Zodak, any of the sub exclusives or any of the 30th Anniversary figures. Whew...
    Well, I would assume that anything past Dec 2011 won't even have the 2nd printing of the papers with the burst since it was long after they decided on no re-issues....I'm sure through BG Evil-Lyn they had already run the packaging off months before.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  25. #50
    Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,810
    Well, I have finally completed my "The Original" collection. I am still looking for a confirmation of Leech. The only information we have is posted in this thread via word by swind15. No pictures and I have searched E-Bay multiple times with no luck...
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •