Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draw Something! Anyone else addicted?

Draw Something! Anyone else addicted?

So I just got into Draw Something. I downloaded it a week or so ago but just really got going. I love it! It's a ton of fun. And you can't beat free. I do hope to eventually win enough coins to pick up a few more colors though.

Oh my god! I'm playing with ten people! I love it, but it's such a time suck!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Yeah it is a lot of fun. I suck at it though on my iPhone. iPad and a stylus would be so much nicer.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I couldn't put my iPhone down for a week curtesy of Draw Something

I've only tried it on my iPhone. I should try it on the iPad. It would probably be easier. If anyone wants to play me my user name is Jonwesleyhuff.

Heroic Warrior
    I am totally addicted.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I am addicted too! I'm just glad I finally had enough coins to buy more colors the other day.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    We were just introduced to it on the weekend ...HOOKED!!!!!!!! we both sit in the living room drawing while we are supposed to be watching our shows...we went out for lunch two days ago....we Played all thrugh the meal and didnt speak to each other...well....Except to ask 'What the hell is this thing' and 'Can you tell what this is? (before sending...we wants the Coin!)'

HOOKED!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Same here. I have on days and off days, but I've played a ton. I already bought new colors, and still have over 500 coins.

I'm dorrmann on there if you want me. I know...I'm creative.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I've been hearing a lot of people talk about it, and just started myself. It's pretty fun. I'm Scotward23 on there if anyone wants to play against a guy who can't draw!

The nice thing is that drawing with your finger on an iPhone is the great equalizer for drawing skills.

Master of New Adventures!
    My nine-year old Zoe is a budding aritst. Do you all feel this would be age-appropriate for her and could she handle making it work? She's good at gaming, but not a 100% pro.

Thanks, in advance, for any input.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    My nine-year old Zoe is a budding aritst. Do you all feel this would be age-appropriate for her and could she handle making it work? She's good at gaming, but not a 100% pro.

Thanks, in advance, for any input.
    She would really like it. You get to pick an easy, medium, or hard thing to draw. The harder it is the more points you will get. After it is drawn you send it to your friend. They watch you draw it (recorded of course), then it is like a hangman style game for your friend to guess the word.

Few words in the game to draw (off the top of my head)

igloo
    shuttle
    pong
    jlo
    tugboat
    snowman
    skiing
    polkadot
    baseball
    subway
    dice
    fangs
    moose
    boombox
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

will add some of you guys Im ajac71 on there.

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    She would really like it. You get to pick an easy, medium, or hard thing to draw. The harder it is the more points you will get. After it is drawn you send it to your friend. They watch you draw it (recorded of course), then it is like a hangman style game for your friend to guess the word.

Few words in the game to draw (off the top of my head)

igloo
    shuttle
    pong
    jlo
    tugboat
    snowman
    skiing
    polkadot
    baseball
    subway
    dice
    fangs
    moose
    boombox
    Thanks for that, Geo. I'll get it tomorrow. Kim and my children are a lot more high tech than me, so I'm sure it'll be fine and I appreciate your input. I was just concerned about age-appropriateness.

As an aside, six months ago -- when my Max was still three, he was on Kim's iPad -- which he's been using since he was two (Good grief!) -- and one day Kim discovered he'd somehow spent forty-two (REAL) dollars worth of 'coins' on some ap. It had something to do with a gorilla, which I've never quite foigured out. Kim called the Apple people and they were hysterical about it, laughing out loud. Fortunately one of them was a Care Bears fan and when Kim explained I worked on the series many years ago they playfully agreed to reverse the charges in exchange for a Care Bear Stare. I guess they probably would have done it anyway, but I sent them that Care Bear Stare for their understanding. Gosh, when I was four I had trouble finding my way around a sandbox. Time's have surely changed.

Getting more addicted by the minute. Started some games with you guys... JonWes, sorry about the USB plug drawing. It was the best I could do.

LOL - sorry you had to sit through the replay of me trying to figure it out. For some reason I thought it was a vacuum cleaner and I just couldn't shake it out of my head. LOL.

my wife and daughters play it.

it doesn't quite make sense to me though. as i understand it each person picks something and then draws it. the object is to guess what the other person drew. why would you draw something good? let's say your object is Mountain. why wouldn't you draw a river?

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    my wife and daughters play it.

it doesn't quite make sense to me though. as i understand it each person picks something and then draws it. the object is to guess what the other person drew. why would you draw something good? let's say your object is Mountain. why wouldn't you draw a river?
    Because you get coins when you guess something correctly and when they guess what you drew correctly. It's not really a competition against the other person.

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Because you get coins when you guess something correctly and when they guess what you drew correctly. It's not really a competition against the other person.
    Exactly, I have a freind who is trying to collect coins to buy more colors.....She has been sending the answer written on the screen so she gets her 'Autumn Shades!' (Women be Cray Cray)

ka

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Same here. I have on days and off days, but I've played a ton. I already bought new colors, and still have over 500 coins.

I'm dorrmann on there if you want me. I know...I'm creative.
    I started a game with you and you rejected me!!!! ARGH! realized they gave me a random user name, I changed it I am Kumkani in the game. anyone wanna play just add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Exactly, I have a freind who is trying to collect coins to buy more colors.....She has been sending the answer written on the screen so she gets her 'Autumn Shades!' (Women be Cray Cray)

ka
    Thats a bit of a pet peeve of mine in these games, i don't mind a word to help the drawing but it takes the fun out if they write the word or give too much of a hint with it, also defeats the purpose. (not ragging on your friend Ka, just ranting as I used to play this other game similar.
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 2, 2012 at 09:12pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I started a game with you and you rejected me!!!! ARGH! realized they gave me a random user name, I changed it I am Kumkani in the game. anyone wanna play just add me!
    I've never once rejected anyone.

Are you sure you spelled my name correctly? People tend to screw it up.

Try again. I promise I won't reject you.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Thats a bit of a pet peeve of mine in these games, i don't mind a word to help the drawing but it takes the fun out if they write the word or give too much of a hint with it, also defeats the purpose. (not ragging on your friend Ka, just ranting as I used to play this other game similar.
    nah not an issue buddy, Im angry at her too! She sends all these words...I answer and then send her a hard picture.....then its back on her...she has to answer!!!

[/CENTER]

Kim downloaded this onto all of my nine-year old Zoe's electronic gizmos. Zoe is absolutely crazy about Draw Something and she wanted me to say "thanks to all the really cool guys on he-man.org (I guess that leaves Benny out ) for the heads-up." From me, as well, a big thanks. You guys are the best.

Apologies to anyone playing with me, there's no message feature that i've found in the game, I sent my phone in for repairs it has a screen issue so I'm leaving you all hanging!

Staff of Ka, good for you! lol.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure