Thread: Beastformers are back too (Battle beast in Japan)

Hybrid View

Widget

Beastformers are back too (Battle beast in Japan)

It seems that Takara is currently working on a relaunch of its Beastformers (aka Battle Beasts)
    First prototypes pics here

proto2s.jpgproto1s.jpg

Awesome. I loved those when I was a kid.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    AWESOME!!!

I'd heard there was a new Japanese comic or show in the works that was hinted to be related to Beastformers/Battle Beasts! It looks like it was true!!

Hope they are the same scale as the originals!

They did release a minimates version a few years back also, yes?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Widget
    The Minimate version is from Diamond Select Toys (new owner of the Battle Beasts name) who just launched their new website dedicated to the line. The figures are not related to the old ones. They just have the same name. They are pretty cool too. It's more a new vision of what the Battle Beasts could be than a true successor of the vintage ones.

The ones on pics here are from Takara. So there is no collaboration beetween DST and Takara. This 2 lines are different which means for me 2 more lines of figures to buy (and even 3 if you count the Armovor from Onell Design/TGB/Jason Frailey)

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord View Post
    The Minimate version is from Diamond Select Toys (new owner of the Battle Beasts name) who just launched their new website dedicated to the line. The figures are not related to the old ones. They just have the same name. They are pretty cool too. It's more a new vision of what the Battle Beasts could be than a true successor of the vintage ones.

The ones on pics here are from Takara. So there is no collaboration beetween DST and Takara. This 2 lines are different which means for me 2 more lines of figures to buy (and even 3 if you count the Armovor from Onell Design/TGB/Jason Frailey)
    Yep, I just did a quick google search and was about to post the same thing!

Personally, I much prefer the Japanese Takara/Tomy take on them, so I'll be much more interested in the "Beast Saga" line ->

rather than the more westernised "Battle Beasts" relaunch ->

Very interesting that they were both announced/revealed within days of each other...I gues if the Japanese versions ever come out officially in the west, they'll have to be called something else though...
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Heroic Warrior
    Here is a link to an article/interview on the subject.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=38110