Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beastformers are back too (Battle beast in Japan)

Widget

Beastformers are back too (Battle beast in Japan)

It seems that Takara is currently working on a relaunch of its Beastformers (aka Battle Beasts)
    First prototypes pics here

proto2s.jpgproto1s.jpg

Awesome. I loved those when I was a kid.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    AWESOME!!!

I'd heard there was a new Japanese comic or show in the works that was hinted to be related to Beastformers/Battle Beasts! It looks like it was true!!

Hope they are the same scale as the originals!

They did release a minimates version a few years back also, yes?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Widget
    The Minimate version is from Diamond Select Toys (new owner of the Battle Beasts name) who just launched their new website dedicated to the line. The figures are not related to the old ones. They just have the same name. They are pretty cool too. It's more a new vision of what the Battle Beasts could be than a true successor of the vintage ones.

The ones on pics here are from Takara. So there is no collaboration beetween DST and Takara. This 2 lines are different which means for me 2 more lines of figures to buy (and even 3 if you count the Armovor from Onell Design/TGB/Jason Frailey)

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord View Post
    The Minimate version is from Diamond Select Toys (new owner of the Battle Beasts name) who just launched their new website dedicated to the line. The figures are not related to the old ones. They just have the same name. They are pretty cool too. It's more a new vision of what the Battle Beasts could be than a true successor of the vintage ones.

The ones on pics here are from Takara. So there is no collaboration beetween DST and Takara. This 2 lines are different which means for me 2 more lines of figures to buy (and even 3 if you count the Armovor from Onell Design/TGB/Jason Frailey)
    Yep, I just did a quick google search and was about to post the same thing!

Personally, I much prefer the Japanese Takara/Tomy take on them, so I'll be much more interested in the "Beast Saga" line ->

rather than the more westernised "Battle Beasts" relaunch ->

Very interesting that they were both announced/revealed within days of each other...I gues if the Japanese versions ever come out officially in the west, they'll have to be called something else though...
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Heroic Warrior
    Here is a link to an article/interview on the subject.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=38110

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    These look way better than the Minnimates one!
    At least we get the cool comic.

I would totally get the Japanese ones. I hope they are cheap enough to import because they really do look similar to the original Battle Beasts
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Oh hellllll....... I kinda like em both.

The american one is like the 200x revamp, and the other one is kinda like classics.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    HA! Crazy how these were both revealed around the same time!

I think I'm more excited for the Takara Beastformers! These will be real Battle Beasts! I also hope theya ren't too much to import!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I think these are soooo much cooler. I might get these if they aren't an arm and a leg.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I have to say, that while I appreciate what Diamond Select Toys has done and is trying to do with the Battle Beasts brand, I much prefer what Takara-Tomy is doing for the original toys/Beastformers. I hope Takara finds a partner in North America to distribute the new Beastformers. Although with the "Battle Beasts" trademark locked up, Takara and whoever they partner with will have to think up a new brand name.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; April 20, 2012 at 02:20am.

Holy Moly these things look INCREDIBLE!!!

There are some more single shots online of a Giraffe, Bat, Elephant, etc
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

OMG ! Thanks for the pictures ! These new versions are awesome updates ! I'll collect them all !

Who do I have to throw money at to get these!? So awesome!
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Well that's Diamond's line dead before it even begins if people can get these. If they hadn't taken two years to get the ball rolling they could have gotten people hooked on their non-associated line before these came out. But these are awesome, and I know which I'm choosing. I really hope these are available for us to buy in some fashion for a reasonable price. Now... will they have rub signs or will they be permanent stickers?

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    "Faints" gets up and calls his japanese hook up.

Soooo looking forward to getting these when they come out.

Now I need to figure out who is getting bumped off the shelf to make room for these bad boys?!?!?

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well that's Diamond's line dead before it even begins if people can get these. If they hadn't taken two years to get the ball rolling they could have gotten people hooked on their non-associated line before these came out. But these are awesome, and I know which I'm choosing. I really hope these are available for us to buy in some fashion for a reasonable price. Now... will they have rub signs or will they be permanent stickers?
    From the rest of the pics at robotkingdom.com it appears it might be part of some kind of game. There is a playing mat and dice

Big Bad Toy Store is usually a decent importer of TF and JP related things. I am not sure if any US company will want to license them, and while TRU imports the JP Sentai figures its because they sell Power Rangers.

WOW! Thsoe look incredible!

It looks to me that these use dice, and that maybe the dice plug into them instead of having rub signs? Is that what it looks liek to anyone else?

Eitehr way, the designs on these are really cool! I'm in! I just hope I can find somewhere who will sell them for a decent price.

EDIT: Look at that freakin Hamster! I don't know what it is about him, but I LOVE it! WANT!

These are really amazing!

=)

That hamster is super cute, and if i'm not mistaken it looks like the black panther is female w/ the purple color and the hearts on the shoulders?!?!? Maybe they are trying to gear this towards both boys and girls!

PD- You are right about the dice being inserted in the center of the figure.

=)

And they are available for Pre-Order on Robot Kingdom, and the prices are pretty good! I think I'm in for some pre-orders...

$7 ea is not bad at all especially for imports

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Holy Moly these things look INCREDIBLE!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...95811104_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...69078861_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...20870976_n.jpg

There are some more single shots online of a Giraffe, Bat, Elephant, etc
    Thanks for the pics. My understanding was that the states was getting these. The only thing the states was getting was a mini mate version.
    Last edited by Thatman; April 19, 2012 at 11:26am. Reason: Bolded text

I was going to order from there, but I'm a bit confused. It seems like you have starter packs, some individual characters AND blind bags.

yeah they are sticking w/ the gimmick of most small scale figures in japan, blind box/bags trying to get kids to trade these to get a complete set little do they know us battle beast collectors love to build armies of a certain type of character.

I will have a huge army of the sea creatures ie; sharks, carps & pirahna's!

Customizing is going to be awesome w/ these!!!

=)