Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beastformers are back too (Battle beast in Japan)

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Any idea exactly how big these guys are?
    The dice in the center is what's throwing me off. If that's standard dice size, they're a good bit bigger than vintage BB's. Anyway, these things look incredible. They just make me dislike those stupid Minimate figures even more.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Any idea exactly how big these guys are?
    The dice in the center is what's throwing me off. If that's standard dice size, they're a good bit bigger than vintage BB's. Anyway, these things look incredible. They just make me dislike those stupid Minimate figures even more.
    No idea, if they are the size of the dice that come with the Clone Wars figures then they should be in almost the same scale as the originals
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    From the dimensions of the packaging they should be around the same 2 1/2" of the original figures. The cards will need to fit in there along w/ the dice and the accs.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Has anyone pre-ordered them from Robot Kingdom yet? I started to, but it looked like they take the money from you right away instead of waiting until they ship in September, so I decided to wait. I don't have the money right now to order everything I want, but if they didn't charge until they shipped in Sept I'd be able to place my order now.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

I put 'em all together in one image to get a better look at them all

There look to be about 17 diferent ones revealed so far, but the images from the comic show some that haven't been shown here, so there are probably more. (most likely 24, I think)

My faves are definitely the punk haired sword fish (His name is SWORD BILL it seems) and the falcon-bird thing with white armor (second to last).

They will probably be a bit bigger than the original Beastformers/Laserbeasts if they hold a dice in the middle, I would estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    No idea, if they are the size of the dice that come with the Clone Wars figures then they should be in almost the same scale as the originals
    Oh, I hope that is correct! It would be great if they fit seamlessly with the originals.

Actually, they have the dimensions of the packet on the website where you can pre-order them. Perhaps we can work out their size from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    From the dimensions of the packaging they should be around the same 2 1/2" of the original figures. The cards will need to fit in there along w/ the dice and the accs.

=)
    Duh! I should read the earlier posts really, shouldn't I....lol
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; April 19, 2012 at 03:49pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Movie mayhem!
    I wanna know more about this game element.

Hm I can't find them on that robot site

Edit: never mind i found em
    Last edited by Patreek; April 19, 2012 at 04:08pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

BBTS has them up for Pre-Order now too. The prices are a little higher, but the shipping is much cheaper. so I just Pre-Ordered a bunch. I'm excited for these to ship in Sept!

LOL - I e-mailed BBTS about them this morning to see if they were going to put them up for pre-order! The punks still haven't e-mailed me back. Thanks for the heads up.

And... BAM... Pre-ordered!

I think even with the higher prices it does work out to be about even or maybe even a little less because with the other place you're paying international rates. Plus, this way you don't have to pay up front and can cancel at any time.

It looks like (if the pics are accurate) you don't have to buy the Lion separately because he comes as a part of the Kingdom of Land set. It's a shame we'll never be able to play the game (probably) because I'm assuming the text will not be translated. But that's okay, I just want the figures.

I got 6 of the blind bag items. Maybe when they come out we can all do swapsies... in the appropriate Miscellaneous Marketplace part of the forum, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I think even with the higher prices it does work out to be about even or maybe even a little less because with the other place you're paying international rates. Plus, this way you don't have to pay up front and can cancel at any time.
    Yeah, it does. Much cheaper. I put both 3-packs and 2 individual figures in my cart on Robot Kingdom and the total came out to be about $95 shipped. I put the exact same order in my cart on BBTS and it only came up to $75 shipped, so it was $20 cheaper and, like you said, they don't take the money until they ship in Sept. So BBTS got my pre-order!

I'll probably end up going back and gettins some of the Blind Bags as well at some point. I just can't resist Blind Bag items like that!

I ordered a bunch from BBTS just now; it was that or eat my words from an episode of MG I agree with Dan; I feel just an edge more comfortable getting charged at shipping. Also, BBTS is almost always my go to for preorders.

As for the figures, I am super excited; I like the idea of a game with these. In short, these are great updates of the classic Battle Beast.

I ordered mine at Robot Kingdom because I'll pay International shipment either way. I chose the cheapest prices because I took everything excepted the Battle Dice Colosseum. This deluxe playmat seems to include an exclusive figure (white crocodile ?) but it's expensive when you know you won't be able to play or even get the rules.

I took 6 random boosters too, hoping I won't get too many doubles. Did you guys noticed this strange beast in black and wearing an armor with hearts on it ? What is that ? A female panther ?

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    I ordered mine at Robot Kingdom because I'll pay International shipment either way. I chose the cheapest prices because I took everything excepted the Battle Dice Colosseum. This deluxe playmat seems to include an exclusive figure (white crocodile ?) but it's expensive when you know you won't be able to play or even get the rules.

I took 6 random boosters too, hoping I won't get too many doubles. Did you guys noticed this strange beast in black and wearing an armor with hearts on it ? What is that ? A female panther ?
    I preordered from Big Bad Toy Store, got 1 of every figure and 3 blind bag boosters. Opted out of the deluxe playset game thing

Only $11 shipping and it won't charge till it ships

It looks like (if the pics are accurate) you don't have to buy the Lion separately because he comes as a part of the Kingdom of Land set. It's a shame we'll never be able to play the game (probably) because I'm assuming the text will not be translated. But that's okay, I just want the figures.
    I am sure someone from the Battle Beasts forums will translate the text if someone wants to play the game. I doubt its overly complicated and probably mirrors basic games like the ones the Clone Wars have or Heroclix

I got 6 of the blind bag items. Maybe when they come out we can all do swapsies... in the appropriate Miscellaneous Marketplace part of the forum, of course.
    I got 3 of them to start, between the small group here we should be able to trade a few. The prices are really great on these, I don't mind paying $6-8
    Last edited by markatisu; April 19, 2012 at 06:14pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Those ones are incredible! Sorry, DS, but I know which ones I'm going for.

In my opinion, based purely on these previews, the Japanese ones blow the Diamond Collectibles series out of the water.

Do we know if they will come with any fiction yet? The Diamond ones will have a comic, but will there be a manga for these?

Do they come with accessories?

I hope they will eventually do a Pirate Lion homage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    In my opinion, based purely on these previews, the Japanese ones blow the Diamond Collectibles series out of the water.

Do we know if they will come with any fiction yet? The Diamond ones will have a comic, but will there be a manga for these?

Since there is a game associated with it I would not be surprised to learn of an upcoming manga. The 1st series was helped by the fact it was included in the JP Transformers show we never got

From the solicitation it looks like at least the starter sets come with a weapon, a shield and a die for each figure.

I would assume the individual figures will also come with 1 die and 1 weapon and 1 shield

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Since there is a game associated with it I would not be surprised to learn of an upcoming manga. The 1st series was helped by the fact it was included in the JP Transformers show we never got

From the solicitation it looks like at least the starter sets come with a weapon, a shield and a die for each figure.

I would assume the individual figures will also come with 1 die and 1 weapon and 1 shield
    Already better than the vintage figures, which only had the weapon.

And yeah, I have seen "Revolution on Planet beast" a few times, despite Headmasters not being the best series. Pity it didn't lead to anything apart from some mangas, an animated Beastformers could have been interesting!

Preordered the heck out of these. Money well spent, I can't wait to get my hands on these. So far, the shark and the Piranha are my personal favorites, but the marlin and elephant are fantastic as well.

I really can't believe that in 24 hours, one of my all-time favorite toylines has come back. I kind of miss not seeing weapon hands on them, but the sculpts and colors are just so well done that I can let that slide.

(Now if only Dino-Riders would come back, I would be uttely content)
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Wow, the pre-order for the blind bags are already sold out at BBTS!

People really pounced on those. Not surprising as I'm sure people bought multiples. September is so far away! It's funny, as I only had a few Battle Beasts (I lived in a small town and the only place to get toys was at a local variety/drug store and they only carried them for a short while) but I'm excited about these suckers. I think having such a wide variety off the bat helps a lot. And i just can't get over how goofy/fun/cool they are. I think the Dolphin might be my favorite so far.

Argh! I'm so mad at myself for not ordering any of the blind packs now! I didn't expect them to sell out the same day they were listed!

I'm glad I have the three packs coming, but dang...I really wish I'd have ordered a few blind packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Argh! I'm so mad at myself for not ordering any of the blind packs now! I didn't expect them to sell out the same day they were listed!

I'm glad I have the three packs coming, but dang...I really wish I'd have ordered a few blind packs.
    That was fast, I expected them to last a while They had made over 250 of each option available so these things flew!

I would just keep watching it, BBTS obviously sees the demand so they will probably order more from their supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

There is a manga of sorts: http://www.saikyojump.com/topics-beast/index.html, Go here and click Red box under Raioga (Lion) to look at it. Remember it's manga so read it backwards. I cannot wait to get these!

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    There is a manga of sorts: http://www.saikyojump.com/topics-beast/index.html, Go here and click Red box under Raioga (Lion) to look at it. Remember it's manga so read it backwards. I cannot wait to get these!
    That is awesome, thanks for the info!!

No problem. This is another awesome revival of a long forgotten property. Prices are fair and I could care less if they don't come here. Just wish I didn't miss the blind packs.

I'm betting BBTS will have more up soon. It's far enough away that they can probably up their order. If nothing else, I've noticed when they actually get their shipment in items like this often go up on sale again for a bit.

I'm betting BBTS will have more up soon. It's far enough away that they can probably up their order. If nothing else, I've noticed when they actually get their shipment in items like this often go up on sale again for a bit.
    Yeah they tend to put inventory up in phases, they do the same with MOTUC and some of their more popular JP Transformers.

Still though to sell out of over 200 blind bags in under 12hrs is pretty impressive, I know at least 4 people on my FB had the link to the store this afternoon