Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Beastformers are back too (Battle beast in Japan)

Quote Originally Posted by Bear-at-Arms View Post
    Attachment 77128
    I have been trying to figure out what the animal is suppose to be in the bottom Left corner. Any ideas?
    I think its like a female gorilla? its a female just not entirely sure of what species
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think its like a female gorilla? its a female just not entirely sure of what species
    I'd say a chimpanzee.

I picked up #1 of the comic today. It's good. a bit choppy. I won't say anymore. don't want to spoil it. was going to do a spoil tag but changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I'd say a chimpanzee.

I picked up #1 of the comic today. It's good. a bit choppy. I won't say anymore. don't want to spoil it. was going to do a spoil tag but changed my mind.
    Where did you get it Mayhem or another shop? I was in another part of Iowa and the comic shops there were sold out
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Warrior
    I special ordered it but they couldn't find it so I grabbed it off the shelf.

It was near the floor. It was easy to over look. had to look to real close.

But yes it was at Mayhem. The windsor heights store. or whereever they say they are located.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I special ordered it but they couldn't find it so I grabbed it off the shelf.

It was near the floor. It was easy to over look. had to look to real close.

But yes it was at Mayhem. The windsor heights store. or whereever they say they are located.
    Cool I will have to stop in and see

I noticed some new Beast Saga toys are up for pre-order at BBTS! Some new starter packs, new individual character packs, and Vol. 2 Booster packs, all due in December.

Got an email tonight my Beast Saga order for me and my store is READY TO BE SHIPPED

So if you guys preordered from BBTS, Robot Kingdom, or TF Source (to name a few) then be on the lookout

Figures it would come while I am at PowerCon

Mine are on their way to me! I actually cancelled my Booster orders though. Apparently they are just transparent color versions of the characters available separately. The variants are cool, but I'm fine with just the main ones.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I got the shipping notice from BBTS 2 days ago! I am so excited to get these! Expect a video.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Got my Beast Saga figures!

I have to say, overall I REALLY like them. The designs are nice and well sculpted and molded. The paint apps on mine are really great too. They have quite a few colors on them, some somewhat subtle. The bodies are a bit rubbery (as are their weapons.) The bodies didn't bother me. They are still very solidly constructed. Most of the weapons were fine too, though my Lion's sword was pre-bent in package. Each comes with one weapon (usually a sword or trident or the line, but the hamster/gerbil thing comes with a gun) and a shield. Each is unique, but they are all the same color.

The center symbol is a dice, of course, but it's nice that it lets some light in from the back. Sadly, the plunger that you push to make the dice pop out is very long on the back and detracts from the overall look. You can take the entire unit out, but then the figure has a big hole in it. I don't think there's an easy way to remove the plunger. I will say though, you don't really see the plunger from the front. I think when you have a lot of these little guys lined up you won't notice it.

If I had one complaint, I wish that the armor had more variety color-wise. Maybe we'll get that as more sets are released. There's just a lot of blue here. At the start, the assortment is heavy on the sea and land characters. Air is a bit left out at the moment. But I'm happy I got these and can't wait to see what's next. I will say, though, the packaging is UGLY.

More pics (and larger ones of these) viewable here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3104563...7631563531243/

And, the plunger...

OK I started going through them, I love the designs but the weapons/shields are pretty crappy

Have no fear, Spy Monkeys new Weapons of Monkaa will take care of that

I assume the Spy Monkey stuff from the past also works since its all compatible

The plunger looks a bit annoying as well, I would rather just slap rub stickers on it and not have the plunger stuck out

Those weapons are MUCH better! After having them for a bit, I like them... but I think I might sell most and just keep the characters that really appeal to me. I need the money for the Weaponeers, I think.

Battle Pigeon?

IMG_0240.jpg

Okay, nostalgia bug bit me bad, and I am absolutely hooked on this line. Aside from being a proper updating to Battle Beasts (with a few apparent nods; the deer's coloration and its drill weapon VERY similar to the original, and the elephant's weapon being similar to his original hand-held weapon as a couple of examples), these things just look absolutely amazing!

Anyone else still getting the new ones as they come out? And better yet, has anyone else found out what the actual rules are? I've found some basic translations of the base rules and it seems to have a bit more strategy to it than I originally thought, which is cool, but not everything was covered.

Anywhoo, just curious if anyone else was following this. So far, REALLY digging the blue whale, the gator, rhie, falcon, and tiger. Oddly enough, the coelocanth is actually probably one of my favs of the line, and I wasn't even expecting to like a fish. Can't wait to see what's coming up beyond the already announced figures (loving the stingray and turtle). I'm curious how well the line is doing.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I still get them for my store, they sell pretty well.

There is a mega bunch of new figures coming soon though

Mega? As in, larger than the other figures? I saw the preorders for bases and vehicles, but not for new figures.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Anyone need a set of series one clear figures? I got three total out of my case so I have two extra.

I wish I knew how to play the game.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Mega? As in, larger than the other figures? I saw the preorders for bases and vehicles, but not for new figures.
    Yeah they are more like big vinyls from what I read

Also Wave 4 and 5 of the Blind Box/Mystery have been announced by Takara for June release

Heroic Warrior
    Had thought this line was dead but went on TF Source and ordered the mini bases, the Beast Saga - BS-49 Jipuroto Base - 01 base has a little vehicle that looks very close to a Road Ripper, if you slapped a little head on it and painted it, it could be a tiny version of oen.

Haven't heard anything new coming from this line in quite a while. I guess it's safe to say it didn't make it?
    and keep moving forward.