Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple questions about buying MOTUC

A couple questions about buying MOTUC

I have debated on and off wether or not to start collecting motuc since their introduction in 08. Well I finally broke down and did so. It was the March sale over at Matty Collector that kicked it off. Since then I've picked up 15 figures and I have to say "why didn't I start sooner. These figures are great. But, I'm only buying figures that have not been released in 200x.

Anyway I have a few questions:

What figures were the maps included with?
    Is it hard to buy figures on the day of sale, do they sell out really quick
    If so, is buying a sub worth it? I have read a lot of horror stories about digital river and don't know if that would be the way to go next year.

Thanks

Heroic Warrior
    -yes, to buy the figs on sale day you need to be at your computer at 12 sharp eastern time and be quick.

-Yes, buy the sub this July if you want to "supposedly" guaranty getting the figures every month. Expect anything to happen like, not getting the figures, figures having cosmetic flaws, being overcharged, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by force Capt. View Post
    I have debated on and off wether or not to start collecting motuc since their introduction in 08. Well I finally broke down and did so. It was the March sale over at Matty Collector that kicked it off. Since then I've picked up 15 figures and I have to say "why didn't I start sooner. These figures are great. But, I'm only buying figures that have not been released in 200x.

If so, is buying a sub worth it? I have read a lot of horror stories about digital river and don't know if that would be the way to go next year.

Thanks
    I can say I have not had any problems with getting any of my figures and I'm a subscriber. I subscribed in 2011 and now in 2012 I get my figures each month and thankfully in all this time I have only had to have a few figures replaced due to quality controle issues. If you don't mind not knowing the entire years figure roll out then I suggest getting the Club Eternia 2013 subscription on sale for two weeks in July During SDCC.

At SDCC in July Mattel will show the first three monthes figures for 2013 and the club exclusive figure, then they reveal more of the years lineup at NYTF in February and more in April & July. If you subscribe I highly suggest you choose UPS ground as your shipping method because USPS ( Post Office ) starts out with a company Cornerstone Logistics and they pass your item to post office to deliver to you and it can take up to 9 business days where UPS ground takes 4-5 days

As for which figure the mapes came with those would be the Club Eternia exclusive figures Wundar with eternia map. Preternia desguise He-Man with etheria map and this years exclusive Shadow weaver with preternia map. The exclusives are not for sale to the publuc they are only for subscribers unless you want to buy them on Ebay. Wundar is going for about $70.00 PD He-Man about $35.00 and Shadow Weaver anywhere between $80.00 to $150.00

Hope this helps
    Last edited by mjw41; April 10, 2012 at 12:21am.

Thanks
    At the moment as long as you are on at 9am PST / 12 noon EST sharp, you should be fine, and unless you don't care to get all of the figures and only get the ones you want....then don't get the sub, pick your heart out, because then you don't get stuck with figures you don't want, or care about....but with so many issues with subs just since Jan '12....I suggest picking....at least at the moment.

2010) Wun-Dar had the Eternia map
    2011) Preternia Disguise He-Man had the Etheria map
    2012) Shadow Weaver had the Preternia map
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; April 10, 2012 at 12:22am.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Thanks for the info. Shadow weaver is on my list, but man she's pricey.

I do pick right now as I mentioned before, but since many of the core figures have already been released I figure most of the coming ones will be ones I want anyway. I could always unload the ones not wanted on eBay or here on the org. Decision, decisions. At least I have a few months to decide. Oh and one more questions. When paying for the sub, is it all upfront or charged to my card each month?

I love the subs. Never had any problems.

Thanks for the info. Shadow weaver is on my list, but man she's pricey.

I do pick right now as I mentioned before, but since many of the core figures have already been released I figure most of the coming ones will be ones I want anyway. I could always unload the ones not wanted on eBay or here on the org. Decision, decisions. At least I have a few months to decide. Oh and one more questions. When paying for the sub, is it all upfront or charged to my card each month?
    You pay $20.00 if you buy the sub. What they do is pre-authorize your credit card info you provide when buying the sub for the first monthes figure , the $20.00 plus shipping just to make sure you have the funds. The Pre-authorization drops off in 3-5 days and the only charge will be the $20.00 which basicly gets you the sub exclusive figure. In january you pay for whats offered and so on each month. some monthes may have a few items since we also get Beasts & multi pack items besides just the figures. You pay per month nothing is all upfront.

Very cool. What is all included in the sub. I know the 30th anniversary figures had a sub of their own but what about items such as the wind raider or granamyr? Were they Included in the sub? Sorry for so many questions

Very cool. What is all included in the sub. I know the 30th anniversary figures had a sub of their own but what about items such as the wind raider or granamyr? Were they Included in the sub? Sorry for so many questions
    The Wind Raider and Granamyr are both items outside the sub. They are available on sale day.

The Wind Raider is coming back again for SDCC, and I don't think Toyguru has stated weather or not it will show on the site again in AUG with the SDCC MOTUC products. I would guess it will.

Granamyr is due to be a OCT or NOV sale day item - the Biggest MOTUC item yet!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Court Magician
    I would definitely recommend the sub.
    --Brent
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The sub is the best option.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    If you are going to want all the figures, get the sub. If you want to be more selective in your purchases, don't get the sub.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    If you are going to want all the figures, get the sub. If you want to be more selective in your purchases, don't get the sub.
    I would agree with this. I want all of the figures, so the sub is the best option for me. If/when you sign up for the sub in the summer, please consider your shipping options. The sub used to ship UPS, but this year, they switched to Newgistics, which isn't very good. There was a spot on the sign-up where you could alter your shipping, but most people did not catch this.

One other downside to the sub is that it can be difficult to change your billing and shipping address and your credit card info. Supposedly, there is a new customer service team in place to better handle this, but I have not personally had contact with them yet.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Get the sub, it's the best way to save tons of money on milk of magnesia on sale dates.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    I love the subs. Never had any problems.
    Wow, based on the things posted on the forum I thought I was the only one who's never had a problem! Glad to see there are two of us!
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Yeah, if you want everything get the sub. BUT... I would get a separate debit card or credit card that you only use for the MOTU sub. While many people have had great experiences with the sub, some folks have had some problems with getting odd charges/ double charges, etc. Having one specific card does help to ensure that you know what is going on with the card and that it doesn't harm any of your other financial expenses or cards you regularly use.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Yeah, if you want everything get the sub. BUT... I would get a separate debit card or credit card that you only use for the MOTU sub. While many people have had great experiences with the sub, some folks have had some problems with getting odd charges/ double charges, etc. Having one specific card does help to ensure that you know what is going on with the card and that it doesn't harm any of your other financial expenses or cards you regularly use.
    Barbecue17 is correct about using one card for the sub.
    I suggest a Credit card as opposed to a debit card. With debit cards you always have to have the funds available and these are linked to your checking account, also some banks fraud depts might decline a charge from Matty/DR and that can get your sub canceled. Use a Credit Card and you should have no problem

Up til this year I was a "cherry picker" but got the sub this year due mostly to Shadow Weaver. I've had no issues, knock on wood, so far with my sub, it really does make things easier.

I have a feeling that with the lower quantities and now that Mattel is holding back more CS stock due to the Fisto fiasco that the figures will be selling out super fast again on day of sale. I hope I'm wrong for those that want the figures, myself included as I don't have the 30th Ann. sub and I want Drago Man.

There are also no more reissues so once a figure sells out they will not be back again unless they sell the CS stock (Fisto and Sorceress are apparently completely gone). The sub is to guarantee you get every figure which has been the case for most sub holders up til Fisto and Sorceress.

Also remember that most likely the price of the sub figures will be going up in 2013 like the DOS figures did this year.

All in all the sub is working for me, there are a few figures coming up that I'm on the fence about but I don't think it will be hard to trade or sell them to fellow collectors.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Up til this year I was a "cherry picker" but got the sub this year due mostly to Shadow Weaver. I've had no issues, knock on wood, so far with my sub, it really does make things easier.

I have a feeling that with the lower quantities and now that Mattel is holding back more CS stock due to the Fisto fiasco that the figures will be selling out super fast again on day of sale. I hope I'm wrong for those that want the figures, myself included as I don't have the 30th Ann. sub and I want Drago Man.

There are also no more reissues so once a figure sells out they will not be back again unless they sell the CS stock (Fisto and Sorceress are apparently completely gone). The sub is to guarantee you get every figure which has been the case for most sub holders up til Fisto and Sorceress.

Also remember that most likely the price of the sub figures will be going up in 2013 like the DOS figures did this year.

All in all the sub is working for me, there are a few figures coming up that I'm on the fence about but I don't think it will be hard to trade or sell them to fellow collectors.
    I agree 100% So far Slush-head is the only one I don't want and was able to make a deal with a fellow collector for my cost plus the additional shipping, so my slush-head is basicly already sold

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    Wow, based on the things posted on the forum I thought I was the only one who's never had a problem! Glad to see there are two of us!
    Hey I have a sub too!! No problems at all here either. So that makes 3!!!
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Hey I have a sub too!! No problems at all here either. So that makes 3!!!
    I've never had a problem with the sub or day-of sales... have there been things that took longer to ship out than "normal", sure, but I have received everything in time and in good condition, and every month I'm as giddy as a young boy when the package(s) comes in.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    At the moment as long as you are on at 9am PST / 12 noon EST sharp, you should be fine, and unless you don't care to get all of the figures and only get the ones you want....then don't get the sub, pick your heart out, because then you don't get stuck with figures you don't want, or care about....but with so many issues with subs just since Jan '12....I suggest picking....at least at the moment.

2010) Wun-Dar had the Eternia map
    2011) Preternia Disguise He-Man had the Etheria map
    2012) Shadow Weaver had the Preternia map
    Just to clarify... It sounds like he wants to collect from ebay or after market sources...

DO these maps COME WITH these figures?

Are they PACKAGED with them? Or were they simply sent at the same time, free with the purchase of the Sub?

If they are not IN the Wundar Package... then I would NOT expect the map unless the seller SAYS it includes the map.

TECHNICHELY I believe they are two entirely different 'incentives' and MAY need to be purchased seperately

Any one able to chime in on this?

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Just to clarify... It sounds like he wants to collect from ebay or after market sources...

DO these maps COME WITH these figures?

Are they PACKAGED with them? Or were they simply sent at the same time, free with the purchase of the Sub?

If they are not IN the Wundar Package... then I would NOT expect the map unless the seller SAYS it includes the map.

TECHNICHELY I believe they are two entirely different 'incentives' and MAY need to be purchased seperately

Any one able to chime in on this?
    I got a PD He-Man from Ebay and the auction did state the map was included. But it is not packaged WITH the figure, it came loose in the box with him. This is how the map arrived with Shadow Weaver/Fisto/Soceress as well.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Duck Man View Post
    I got a PD He-Man from Ebay and the auction did state the map was included. But it is not packaged WITH the figure, it came loose in the box with him. This is how the map arrived with Shadow Weaver/Fisto/Soceress as well.
    The Brown box? or the white Mailer box? (I don't see how there would be room in the white one...

If so... the answer to this...
    Would be NONE.

I can honestly say, if I had no interest in a sub figure, I MAY have interest in the map. Selling the sub-exclusive figure does NOT automatically include EVERY incentive that Sub-holders get. If I didn't want PD He-man... I would not sell the Map and the Sticker sheet... and anything else all together, I'd break them up and try to offset some of the other costs of this sub.

Just a warning, Always make sure you know what your buying... Assume NOTHING.

This. I didn't know the maps were packaged separately. Good to know.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app