Thread: Support for "A Few Obscure Filmation Monsters"

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar

Support for "A Few Obscure Filmation Monsters"

Okay, so reading Toyguru's blog #11 I was drawn particularly to this paragraph:

"When it came time to expand MOTUC beyond the first six and then eight figures, Trap Jaw was who I wanted to do most. But… we had a very tiny budget for tooling and after Hordak we were tasked by management to work out an entire year of monthly figures. We knew we wanted to get females into the line and that meant a new 100% tooled figure at some point (this would eventually be Teela). It is much easier to get a 100% tool’d figure approved and through the system when we know the parts are reusable (which is why Teela is an easier sell vs. Ram Man, who is also 100% but has little reuse outside of a few obscure Filmation monsters that might use a larger buck). "

So I think it's time we start making a lot of noise about whatever these guys would be so that we can finally get a freakin' Ram Man.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    The General Goblin Tartaran from Filmation could use that same buck. Maybe Dragoon.
    When I read the title Obscure Monsters I was hoping to drop my want for a Rock Monster (Golem), Carnivorous Plant & Dragoon.
    So many cartoons & fictions have a rock monster, man eating plant or dragoon, but few toys of these were ever made.
    Please give us a rock monster (he-man cover art golden books), man eating plant (mini comic), dragoon (filmation Darkwing) & skeleton warriors (mvc).
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I wouldn't say General Tataran is obscure. He was in "The Problem With Power", playing a pivotal role, after all.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

King Ahgo of the trolls was in 2 or 3 episodes of She-Ra, at least, who could also utilize the Ram-Man buck.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'd still say he was obscure, but he'd be a cool figure!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Yes, defiantly King Ahgo.

Another big want on my wish list. He would fit in great with motuc.
    I personally would display him with POG. I think he was a POP character.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

what kills me about this, is certainly, do it. But then again there are SO MANY other charactes I want more.

Basically if they do any, that is so super cool. I'll be excited. But many I just cant "want/wish for".

The two you've listed are great ideas.

I'm thinking Shadow-Wing from the Filmation series... Granamyr needs an adversary if you wanna call it that!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Shadow Wing is defiantly one I would want. I got to have another dragon & this character would satisfy that.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Shadow Wing is defiantly one I would want. I got to have another dragon & this character would satisfy that.
    I think Shadow Wing will be contingent on Granny's performance later this year. I agree, that if we get Granny, we should get shadow wing.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!