Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 86

Thread: Castle Grayskull at Wrestlemania!

  1. #1
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,085

    Castle Grayskull at Wrestlemania!

    http://i.minus.com/ihEmtFrzo875X.gif

    courtesy Mark via facebook (in case you guys aren't looking at the WM thread)

    I said he should have gotten a design slot for the 30th!

    TO me it looks a LOT like the King Grayskull exclusive box! haha
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 1, 2012 at 09:50pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior HORDAK004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sherpherdsville, KY
    Posts
    116
    As soon as I seen it, I thought the exact same thing!!

  3. #3
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,596
    No, not really.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

  4. #4
    For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, Australia
    Posts
    2,602
    Thats so grayskull.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042
    ehhh. maybe a little.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Jor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    574
    Is that Triple H in it?

  7. #7
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,671
    There's no mistaking what that is.

  8. #8
    HD figures on youtube
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Eternia
    Posts
    1,002
    He could come out holding the power sword above his head, riding a green tiger, and some would still deny it looks MOTU related.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    No, not really.
    I'm on the same page as you.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    He could come out holding the power sword above his head, riding a green tiger, and some would still deny it looks MOTU related.
    That is so true

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    354
    I think the Grayskull appearance is coincidental. It is more clearly based off of the helmet from his WM27 entrance gear:

    http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...PVEliteHHH.jpg
    PPVEliteHHH.jpg
    Positive Transactions:

    As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

    As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

    EBay: StLouisStallions

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,232
    Reminds me of a Gwar show or a Kiss concert. Maybe Gravedigger.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  13. #13
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,085
    king-grayskull-toy_1224721020.jpg

    you guys who don't see it, REALLY?!?! a green skull facade castle, DOESN'T look like grayskull to you? it looks 1000000000000000x more grayskull-like than the MOTU movie, and that was called grayskull. It's not a coincidence, it can't be for years now HHH has adopted some very He-Man style iconography, he's mixed it up to make it his own, add in generic fantasy elements, but the he-man stuff is there.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042
    Your going to have people who disagree with you. It's like how some people think The Mighty Spector is really cool when in fact he actually sucks beyond sucking.

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    king-grayskull-toy_1224721020.jpg

    you guys who don't see it, REALLY?!?! a green skull facade castle, DOESN'T look like grayskull to you? it looks 1000000000000000x more grayskull-like than the MOTU movie, and that was called grayskull. It's not a coincidence, it can't be for years now HHH has adopted some very He-Man style iconography, he's mixed it up to make it his own, add in generic fantasy elements, but the he-man stuff is there.
    Yeah, I would imagine that the people that are saying there isn't a coincidence or similarity don't like WWE (so they want nothing they love to be associated with it).

    A big muscle-bound guy with long blond hair standing in the "doorway" of a green brick castle with a skull facade... Where is there NOT a similarity?

    I mean, those same people would probably say that a guy wearing a black suit with big round ears and red shorts with two dots on it isn't similar to Mickey Mouse.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior cobrakahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST.
    Posts
    172
    Thats Castle Grey Skull to me. Big green castle? Check, Skull face with "jaw bridge" check lots of smoke check. Don't get me wrong guys is it physically CGS no CGS is a fictional castle but does it look insanely like it? YES!!
    Who is this Mickey Mouse you talk about?

  17. #17
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,085
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Yeah, I would imagine that the people that are saying there isn't a coincidence or similarity don't like WWE (so they want nothing they love to be associated with it).

    A big muscle-bound guy with long blond hair standing in the "doorway" of a green brick castle with a skull facade... Where is there NOT a similarity?

    I mean, those same people would probably say that a guy wearing a black suit with big round ears and red shorts with two dots on it isn't similar to Mickey Mouse.
    yeah maybe they just refuse to associate a property they like with one they may not?

    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakahn View Post
    Thats Castle Grey Skull to me. Big green castle? Check, Skull face with "jaw bridge" check lots of smoke check. Don't get me wrong guys is it physically CGS no CGS is a fictional castle but does it look insanely like it? YES!!
    Who is this Mickey Mouse you talk about?

    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Your going to have people who disagree with you. It's like how some people think The Mighty Spector is really cool when in fact he actually sucks beyond sucking.
    I was going to take a jab at Spector fans in my post butI decide not to. just for fun. I mean I know people won't agree with me and I'm not angry, but I'm REALLY confused by those who say they CAN'T SEE ANY resemblence. to me it's like being out in a torrential downpour and the person next to you comments on how dry it is out.

    For those who don't see it, do a Google search "Castle Grayskull at Wrestlemania. you'll find quite a few comments not from this board about HHH entering from Grayskull! shows how Iconic it still is (and how non MOTU fans recognize it!)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah maybe they just refuse to associate a property they like with one they may not?
    Yeah, but this is even moreso than the Avatar haters that say it's exactly like Pocahontas and Dances with Wolves. Sure, the story isn't groundbreaking but it's a completely different world that immersed people. If you were to take that video to someone that didn't know it was WWE and say, "This is some rough art for the new He-Man movie!" People wouldn't say, "That's NOTHING like He-Man!"

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,932
    I loved Wrestling as a kid, now I can't stand it. But that doesn't remind me of Grayskull sorry, red glowing eyes out of a metallic skull, could it be a Terminator? or a 100 other things? And I hardly hold Masters to a super high standard that it can't interact with Wrestling.

  20. #20
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,910
    Get that product placement Mattel.

  21. #21
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,085
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I loved Wrestling as a kid, now I can't stand it. But that doesn't remind me of Grayskull sorry, red glowing eyes out of a metallic skull, could it be a Terminator? or a 100 other things? And I hardly hold Masters to a super high standard that it can't interact with Wrestling.
    Terminator doesn't have a green skulled castle. what 100 other things could a GREEN SKULLED CASTLE be? what metallic skull castle are you seeing? not the walls the actual castle that HHH comes through.

    anyway hope my tone doesn't come off as too confrontational, I'm just curious as how you absolutely DON'T see it.

    At the end of the day to each their own, but I'm still curious.
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 2, 2012 at 10:51am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  22. #22
    Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    I think the Grayskull appearance is coincidental. It is more clearly based off of the helmet from his WM27 entrance gear:

    http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...PVEliteHHH.jpg
    PPVEliteHHH.jpg
    THANK YOU!

    It's not a castle, people... it's the Triple-H's ring gear from last year's WrestleMania.

    Just because there's a skull and a heavily-muscled blond dude, doesn't mean it was meant to be anything Masters.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    THANK YOU!

    It's not a castle, people... it's the Triple-H's ring gear from last year's WrestleMania.

    Just because there's a skull and a heavily-muscled blond dude, doesn't mean it was meant to be anything Masters.
    I don't think people are saying that it was purposely meant to be Masters...but there are similarities.

  24. #24
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    THANK YOU!

    It's not a castle, people... it's the Triple-H's ring gear from last year's WrestleMania.

    Just because there's a skull and a heavily-muscled blond dude, doesn't mean it was meant to be anything Masters.
    The first thing I thought of was also his gear from last year. I'm pretty sure it was just a large version of the headress he was wearing at last year's Mania. It was shaped exactly the same.

    I didn't even think of Grayskull until I started seeing the Tweets saying such. I'm not saying you guys are wrong or anything, becuase I totally get it. But to me, all I see is the headdress of last year's entrance gear.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  25. #25
    Court Magician cobraviper81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    THANK YOU!

    It's not a castle, people... it's the Triple-H's ring gear from last year's WrestleMania.

    Just because there's a skull and a heavily-muscled blond dude, doesn't mean it was meant to be anything Masters.
    maybe so, but i still had a house full of people yelling "Castle Grayskull!!!" when he came out last night. so regardless of the WWE or HHH's intentions, people all over different forums, twitter, ect. associated it with Masters. and some people didn't. oh well, i thought it was awesome looking either way.
    Check out my MOTUC stop motion animations @
    www.youtube.com/toyhousefeatures

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •