Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Grayskull at Wrestlemania!

Castle Grayskull at Wrestlemania!

http://i.minus.com/ihEmtFrzo875X.gif

courtesy Mark via facebook (in case you guys aren't looking at the WM thread)

I said he should have gotten a design slot for the 30th!

TO me it looks a LOT like the King Grayskull exclusive box! haha
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 1, 2012 at 09:50pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

As soon as I seen it, I thought the exact same thing!!

No, not really.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Thats so grayskull.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior
    ehhh. maybe a little.

Is that Triple H in it?

There's no mistaking what that is.

HD figures on youtube
    He could come out holding the power sword above his head, riding a green tiger, and some would still deny it looks MOTU related.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    No, not really.
    I'm on the same page as you.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    He could come out holding the power sword above his head, riding a green tiger, and some would still deny it looks MOTU related.
    That is so true

Heroic Warrior
    I think the Grayskull appearance is coincidental. It is more clearly based off of the helmet from his WM27 entrance gear:

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...PVEliteHHH.jpg
    PPVEliteHHH.jpg
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Reminds me of a Gwar show or a Kiss concert. Maybe Gravedigger.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

king-grayskull-toy_1224721020.jpg

you guys who don't see it, REALLY?!?! a green skull facade castle, DOESN'T look like grayskull to you? it looks 1000000000000000x more grayskull-like than the MOTU movie, and that was called grayskull. It's not a coincidence, it can't be for years now HHH has adopted some very He-Man style iconography, he's mixed it up to make it his own, add in generic fantasy elements, but the he-man stuff is there.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Your going to have people who disagree with you. It's like how some people think The Mighty Spector is really cool when in fact he actually sucks beyond sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    king-grayskull-toy_1224721020.jpg

you guys who don't see it, REALLY?!?! a green skull facade castle, DOESN'T look like grayskull to you? it looks 1000000000000000x more grayskull-like than the MOTU movie, and that was called grayskull. It's not a coincidence, it can't be for years now HHH has adopted some very He-Man style iconography, he's mixed it up to make it his own, add in generic fantasy elements, but the he-man stuff is there.
    Yeah, I would imagine that the people that are saying there isn't a coincidence or similarity don't like WWE (so they want nothing they love to be associated with it).

A big muscle-bound guy with long blond hair standing in the "doorway" of a green brick castle with a skull facade... Where is there NOT a similarity?

I mean, those same people would probably say that a guy wearing a black suit with big round ears and red shorts with two dots on it isn't similar to Mickey Mouse.

Thats Castle Grey Skull to me. Big green castle? Check, Skull face with "jaw bridge" check lots of smoke check. Don't get me wrong guys is it physically CGS no CGS is a fictional castle but does it look insanely like it? YES!!
    Who is this Mickey Mouse you talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Yeah, I would imagine that the people that are saying there isn't a coincidence or similarity don't like WWE (so they want nothing they love to be associated with it).

A big muscle-bound guy with long blond hair standing in the "doorway" of a green brick castle with a skull facade... Where is there NOT a similarity?

I mean, those same people would probably say that a guy wearing a black suit with big round ears and red shorts with two dots on it isn't similar to Mickey Mouse.
    yeah maybe they just refuse to associate a property they like with one they may not?

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakahn View Post
    Thats Castle Grey Skull to me. Big green castle? Check, Skull face with "jaw bridge" check lots of smoke check. Don't get me wrong guys is it physically CGS no CGS is a fictional castle but does it look insanely like it? YES!!
    Who is this Mickey Mouse you talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Your going to have people who disagree with you. It's like how some people think The Mighty Spector is really cool when in fact he actually sucks beyond sucking.
    I was going to take a jab at Spector fans in my post butI decide not to. just for fun. I mean I know people won't agree with me and I'm not angry, but I'm REALLY confused by those who say they CAN'T SEE ANY resemblence. to me it's like being out in a torrential downpour and the person next to you comments on how dry it is out.

For those who don't see it, do a Google search "Castle Grayskull at Wrestlemania. you'll find quite a few comments not from this board about HHH entering from Grayskull! shows how Iconic it still is (and how non MOTU fans recognize it!)

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah maybe they just refuse to associate a property they like with one they may not?
    Yeah, but this is even moreso than the Avatar haters that say it's exactly like Pocahontas and Dances with Wolves. Sure, the story isn't groundbreaking but it's a completely different world that immersed people. If you were to take that video to someone that didn't know it was WWE and say, "This is some rough art for the new He-Man movie!" People wouldn't say, "That's NOTHING like He-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    I loved Wrestling as a kid, now I can't stand it. But that doesn't remind me of Grayskull sorry, red glowing eyes out of a metallic skull, could it be a Terminator? or a 100 other things? And I hardly hold Masters to a super high standard that it can't interact with Wrestling.

Get that product placement Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I loved Wrestling as a kid, now I can't stand it. But that doesn't remind me of Grayskull sorry, red glowing eyes out of a metallic skull, could it be a Terminator? or a 100 other things? And I hardly hold Masters to a super high standard that it can't interact with Wrestling.
    Terminator doesn't have a green skulled castle. what 100 other things could a GREEN SKULLED CASTLE be? what metallic skull castle are you seeing? not the walls the actual castle that HHH comes through.

anyway hope my tone doesn't come off as too confrontational, I'm just curious as how you absolutely DON'T see it.

At the end of the day to each their own, but I'm still curious.
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 2, 2012 at 10:51am.

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    I think the Grayskull appearance is coincidental. It is more clearly based off of the helmet from his WM27 entrance gear:

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...PVEliteHHH.jpg
    PPVEliteHHH.jpg
    THANK YOU!

It's not a castle, people... it's the Triple-H's ring gear from last year's WrestleMania.

Just because there's a skull and a heavily-muscled blond dude, doesn't mean it was meant to be anything Masters.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    THANK YOU!

It's not a castle, people... it's the Triple-H's ring gear from last year's WrestleMania.

Just because there's a skull and a heavily-muscled blond dude, doesn't mean it was meant to be anything Masters.
    I don't think people are saying that it was purposely meant to be Masters...but there are similarities.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    THANK YOU!

The first thing I thought of was also his gear from last year. I'm pretty sure it was just a large version of the headress he was wearing at last year's Mania. It was shaped exactly the same.

I didn't even think of Grayskull until I started seeing the Tweets saying such. I'm not saying you guys are wrong or anything, becuase I totally get it. But to me, all I see is the headdress of last year's entrance gear.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

THANK YOU!

maybe so, but i still had a house full of people yelling "Castle Grayskull!!!" when he came out last night. so regardless of the WWE or HHH's intentions, people all over different forums, twitter, ect. associated it with Masters. and some people didn't. oh well, i thought it was awesome looking either way.
    Check out my MOTUC stop motion animations @
    www.youtube.com/toyhousefeatures