Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Three Stooges Movie

Master of New Adventures!
    SCB, I assumed you were referring to HG and not the Stooges(?). My response was regarding HG. If I'm confused then I'll put it down to being the middle of television pitch season and putting in waaaaaaay too many hours.

It was ok for what it's supposed to be I suppose. The actors that played the stooges all did a fantastic job, but just didn't think that it was all that funny and to me just seemed to drag on and on.

Wait for the rental.

I wanna see this as I am a fan of their shorts but I will wait till it comes out on dvd or better yet PSN to rent it.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I was surprised that I found the trailers to be somewhat funny. While I doubt I will see this in theaters, I'll probably rent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I'll respectfully offer my opinion that I didn't see anything Oscar-worthy in it.
    I think he SCB was using what we young kids call sarcasm Jack
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think he SCB was using what we young kids call sarcasm Jack
    Perhaps he was being sarcastic if he was referencing Stooges. However, as I alluded to HG, I thought he might be talking about that film. As for HG, I can see -- given it's astounding box office revenues -- that some may feel that qualifies it for being Oscar-worthy. However, it takes a lot more than box office revenues to make the Oscar grade.

On another note, are you counting the days until college football kick-off yet, Mark? I know I am! Go Big Red!

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Perhaps he was being sarcastic if he was referencing Stooges. However, as I alluded to HG, I thought he might be talking about that film. As for HG, I can see -- given it's astounding box office revenues -- that some may feel that qualifies it for being Oscar-worthy. However, it takes a lot more than box office revenues to make the Oscar grade.
    I cannot honestly see it being nominated for any Oscars besides art direction, I enjoyed it and saw it 3 times so far but it was not a cinematic masterpiece.

On another note, are you counting the days until college football kick-off yet, Mark? I know I am! Go Big Red!
    I am always ready for College Football, especially since year after year the Big 12 pre-ranks us in the toilet and we have to end up making them look foolish for doing so (as we did last year and just as our basketball program did here recently)

I am looking for 6-7 wins prior to a bowl game, I think that is doable and would build on what we did last year. I am really looking forward to taking on new B12 members TCU and WV though, last time we took on TCU a few years back it was a really good game.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Went and saw the new Three Stooges movie today, and while it was not the best movie I have ever seen, I did enjoy it. Got a few good laughs in...and that always does a body good
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm hearing some early Oscar buzz for this film.
    LOL.....Snookie as best supporting Actress