Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 40 of 40

Thread: The Re-Release of the MOTUC Figures

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior Mad Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    457
    So right now there are no more re-issues at all there are re-releases. That means that some figures like Man-e-faces, BP She ra and others from August to now are not going to be available any more?? Not necessarily true. If they have stock we will see them but once the stock is over (and that is the frightening part) is over!!! so there will be some point when we will only have secondary market fore some figures. I am glad I am not starting to collect right now because it will be difficult to get missing figures at reasonable prices. Anyway as it was posted before nothing is set in stone. May be in a movie year the line will become more popular and will go from tiny to small and they will go into production for old figures.

  2. #27
    cyber-assassin
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    796
    I don't see why they won't make more. I wouldn't think it'd cost as much to go "hey, while you're making stinkor, can we get another batch of king greyskull too?" as opposed to creating a whole new order. and maybe seeing about making batches of, say 300 at a time. I've bought a good deal from them recently, and here as well, and they made more money using figures they'd made than they would have with just the figures by themselves. I'm pretty new to collecting this line, and I'm sure other people are starting.That can only help keep the line going.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

  3. #28
    Vintage Vintage Vintage Vlcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Tornado Alley
    Posts
    2,355
    I've always been a MOC collector. But these reissues are greatly welcome. I opened a Sy-Klone and then it began. Now I want all my vintage childhood toys loose to DISPLAY. Bring em on. Buying Tri Klops & Man E Faces on Monday.

  4. #29
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    10,975
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i think we should stop calling them reissues. reissue implies they produced more. it doesn't sound like that's what happened. this is just sale of left-over stock.
    I think that's splitting hairs.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I think that's splitting hairs.
    it is if you understand what's going on ( ), but for those that don't, calling them "reissues" is probably confusing the issue at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by faker32828 View Post
    I don't see why they won't make more. I wouldn't think it'd cost as much to go "hey, while you're making stinkor, can we get another batch of king greyskull too?" as opposed to creating a whole new order. and maybe seeing about making batches of, say 300 at a time. I've bought a good deal from them recently, and here as well, and they made more money using figures they'd made than they would have with just the figures by themselves. I'm pretty new to collecting this line, and I'm sure other people are starting.That can only help keep the line going.
    i believe TG explained that. they aren't selling well.

    and (my guess) if they aren't selling that means mattel has to pay to store them. therefore they are essentially losing money on them.

    as for smaller orders, my understanding of this kind of business is that you less you order, the more expensive it is. therefore to keep the price at $20/$22, they have to order at least X (no one knows what this number is, but it's apparently more than the number sold on average on the reissue sale date).
    Last edited by EldestSon; April 14, 2012 at 11:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #31
    Court Magician McMOTU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    46
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that what TG said was a ploy to get us to buy the figures and buy them now instead of waiting for a second go around. They need to show this line is generating revenue so they'll say there won't be any more reissues…until there is one.

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    This was most likely leftover customer service stock that did'nt get used for returns/exchanges. This product was not a new run of figures. And going forward if figures don't have problems there will probably be more CS stock available as more are being held after the Fisto problems.
    But that's the thing. With the exception of He-Man, Skeletor, Panthor, Battle Cat and now possible She-Ra, Swiftwind, Hordak and King Hiss; none of the s-called "reissues" are freshly made figures. All the so-called reissues are nothing more than leftover stock. What the Mad Matty March sale has proven is that reissues will always happen if there's enough leftover stock. You can't tell me that Mattel are going to throw out stock when they can still sell it.

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,861
    The fact that Mattel/Matty doesn't WANT to order a second production of a figure to the factory (when there's clearly a demand from the fans for this), proves that Mattel doesn't WANT to see the line expand.

    The fact that Mattel/Matty doesn't take serious measures to improve quality control, proves that they just don't care about the satisfaction of their customers, and that they don't care about the quality of their products.

    The fact that Mattel/Matty and Digital River don't even care to ensure that the contract signed and paid by their subscribers - a contract which ENSURES them to get all the 2012 figures - is an infringement and a breach of contract, and I believe it could be brought in front of the courts.

    The fact that Mattel uses crazy shipping options that send the packages on weird and unnecessary detours, proves that they don't even care whether American or international customers get their items in a timely manner or not, if at all.
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 15, 2012 at 12:25pm.

  9. #34
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,482
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    and (my guess) if they aren't selling that means mattel has to pay to store them. therefore they are essentially losing money on them.
    What I don't get about this (and I'm not saying that you are wrong on this) is that if it is true that they are paying money to store these figures, why have they waited so long to put some figures back up for sale that they've clearly had extra stock of for quite some time (possibly a couple of years in some cases)? And why is it that when they do put some figures back up for sale.... highly demanded ones at that sell out in minutes in some cases... they apparently don't put up the full leftover stock up for sale because later on they will have another sale and that same figure is suddenly back for some reason.

    IMO for any older figures that they even have any leftover stock of, they should just put them up on Matty and leave them up there. Perhaps from time to time have a limited time special sale where the prices are discounted, but otherwise still just leaving them up until they sell out.

    It does seem kind of odd that we continually being told that these figures are limited and that these special sales won't last, but they keep popping up over and over again.



    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Not very likely. There are no more and we won't be going back into production. There will be reissues every month in 2012 but all is older stock held for these sales. Outside of the new 2012 figures (ie Sorceress, Fisto, Star Sisters etc...) there will be no new production. And once this stock sells out (ie original Teela) that is it. A lot of the 2012 sales may be your last chance on many older figures too as the stocks are dwindling down.
    Frankly, Fisto should go back into production, even if only to produce enough of them to take care of subscribers who either received a defective Fisto, received a Sorceress in a Fisto box, or didn't receive one at all because for whatever reason the charge didn't go through and the order got held up and when they contacted customer service to take care of it, they were told there were no more Fistos (this latter situation being the most ridiculous in that there should have been a figure allocated and held for each sub, and those should be held onto for a reasonable amount of time to give people time to get their order straightened out... the figure shouldn't be "gone" the split second that the order gets locked when the charge doesn't go through). I don't care if it's "too expensive" to do such a small run... Mattel should eat those costs to hold up their end of the bargain. There is no justification for this happening or how it is being handled.

    Mattel and the anal legal department make this really strict sub that people can't cancel (short of getting their credit or debit card canceled or the number changed), doesn't allow for other items that come out separately from the sub during the year to be included because it wasn't part of the listed break down of item types/amounts/costs from the original sub info, and is essentially supposed to be this unbreakable contract. With all of that being the case, Mattel should be REQUIRED to hold up their end of the bargain and get a non-defective, correct figure into each subscribers hands (even in cases where a replacement is needed). To do anything less is absurd. It's one thing to offer customers the option of a refund for cases of defects or an incorrect figure being received, but it should not be their only option.


    What I also find ridiculous about this no new-production reissues policy is that there are very popular characters who never got true reissues (i.e. Teela, Whiplash) that would clearly sell well as reissues considering how fast they tend to sell out when their leftover stock has been put up, and that they tend to be figures that still go for a higher price on the secondary market. Yet, at the same time, Mattel was making reissues of figures like Chief Carnivus... a figure that had almost no real demand behind him in the first place and received a luke-warm response at best from the fan community upon arrival. When the concept of reissues was first introduced, it was never meant to be for every single figure to be re-released, but rather it was meant for the more popular, well known characters that would have that level of demand behind them. But apparently that plan was lost or forgotten at some point in the mix of things and we started getting reissues of figures that barely even warranted having their original release, while some other more highly demanded figures never got a second run at all. It's no wonder Mattel got burned with excess stock that they can't get rid of and have to do these special "mad matty" sales to get rid of it when this is how this sort of thing was being handled. And now because the reissues were handled so poorly, we don't get ANY reissues at all anymore, not even of really popular characters that genuinely warrant it.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  10. #35
    I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,454
    Well, Although I am kinda “OK” with Mattel's “No Reissues For 2012 Figures & Beyond” policy (Fisto & Sorceress excluded), I am totally shocked @ TG/Mattel's attitude towards the reissues of “Old Figures” (I.E Teela, BA He-Man) OR “Pre Man-E-Faces Figures” in TG’s words ! Why would you want to "reserve" your stocks in general for NO REAL REASON ???? I am sorry...... “Pulling Out” a figure (like Teela) which can sell easily is definitely not a smartest move in the business !

    If I am in TG's boots, I would ask DR to sell Left Over’s of ALL FIGURES & keep them year 'round. Sell them out completely till everything reaches to ZERO. If a customer receives a defective figure & if that particular figure sells out in the mean time, simply issue him/her a refund !!

    This way :-


    A) Mattel will make “quick” money instead of “partly instalments” !

    B) Fans will get their desired figures much quicker !

    C) Fans can “save” LOADS of money via shipping fees !

    D) Mattel’s ware house will now be empty !



    After all this set & done, TG can opt for a newer run on reissue figures which is in high demand !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

    MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

  11. #36
    Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Green Glade
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Well, Although I am kinda “OK” with Mattel's “No Reissues For 2012 Figures & Beyond” policy (Fisto & Sorceress excluded), I am totally shocked @ TG/Mattel's attitude towards the reissues of “Old Figures” (I.E Teela, BA He-Man) OR “Pre Man-E-Faces Figures” in TG’s words ! Why would you want to "reserve" your stocks in general for NO REAL REASON ???? I am sorry...... “Pulling Out” a figure (like Teela) which can sell easily is definitely not a smartest move in the business !

    If I am in TG's boots, I would ask DR to sell Left Over’s of ALL FIGURES & keep them year 'round. Sell them out completely till everything reaches to ZERO. If a customer receives a defective figure & if that particular figure sells out in the mean time, simply issue him/her a refund !!

    This way :-


    A) Mattel will make “quick” money instead of “partly instalments” !

    B) Fans will get their desired figures much quicker !

    C) Fans can “save” LOADS of money via shipping fees !

    D) Mattel’s ware house will now be empty !



    After all this set & done, TG can opt for a newer run on reissue figures which is in high demand !
    I vote you run the line.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

  12. #37
    Court Magician McMOTU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Well, Although I am kinda “OK” with Mattel's “No Reissues For 2012 Figures & Beyond” policy (Fisto & Sorceress excluded), I am totally shocked @ TG/Mattel's attitude towards the reissues of “Old Figures” (I.E Teela, BA He-Man) OR “Pre Man-E-Faces Figures” in TG’s words ! Why would you want to "reserve" your stocks in general for NO REAL REASON ???? I am sorry...... “Pulling Out” a figure (like Teela) which can sell easily is definitely not a smartest move in the business !

    If I am in TG's boots, I would ask DR to sell Left Over’s of ALL FIGURES & keep them year 'round. Sell them out completely till everything reaches to ZERO. If a customer receives a defective figure & if that particular figure sells out in the mean time, simply issue him/her a refund !!

    This way :-


    A) Mattel will make “quick” money instead of “partly instalments” !

    B) Fans will get their desired figures much quicker !

    C) Fans can “save” LOADS of money via shipping fees !

    D) Mattel’s ware house will now be empty !



    After all this set & done, TG can opt for a newer run on reissue figures which is in high demand !
    WHA-WA-WA!?! Those ideas are just CRAZY!

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,904
    How do people not get this???? Mattel can't simply go into production of "300" figures as the cost would outway the profit. Well let make this clear, they could do this and charge much more per figure (want to pay $50 each?). And the demand for a new run of previously made figures just isn't there for the minimum of the 10,000-15,000 needed to make another run. They've done it and it hasn't worked with the exception of He-man and Skeletor, as the same figures keep coming back because they can't sell through their stock of re-issues.

    I also don't understand where most (other countries may be a problem) people are seeing these as so expensive they can't find them on the secondary market for few dollars more? Only a select few are even remotely expensive (Shadow Weaver, Wun-Dar, King Grayskull SDCC, Bronze Grayskull SDCC). If you look around many figures can be had for a very reasonable price (sometimes less than Matty).

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    How do people not get this???? Mattel can't simply go into production of "300" figures as the cost would outway the profit. Well let make this clear, they could do this and charge much more per figure (want to pay $50 each?). And the demand for a new run of previously made figures just isn't there for the minimum of the 10,000-15,000 needed to make another run. They've done it and it hasn't worked with the exception of He-man and Skeletor, as the same figures keep coming back because they can't sell through their stock of re-issues.

    I also don't understand where most (other countries may be a problem) people are seeing these as so expensive they can't find them on the secondary market for few dollars more? Only a select few are even remotely expensive (Shadow Weaver, Wun-Dar, King Grayskull SDCC, Bronze Grayskull SDCC). If you look around many figures can be had for a very reasonable price (sometimes less than Matty).
    Amen! It's very obvious that a lot of the fans on here work in professions where they have no exposure to production costs and profit/loss analysis. They are nothing but armchair toy experts. I also agree that most figures are available via other outlets for cost (or not much more) already! I think this concept of demanding a reissue from the company is ridiculous. Some collectors have simply gotten very lazy. Collecting involves locating and "collecting" missing or hard to find items.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  15. #40
    I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I vote you run the line.
    I would love to ! I hope Mattel contacts me after reading this post !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

    MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •