• D-List

2 3.64%
  • Z-List

2 3.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Rank King Randor's Importance

Rank King Randor's Importance

Up next we have the Burger King.

This is a multiple choice poll with 2 categories to vote in. The first category is whether or not you would buy a variant of this character. The second category is the overall importance you feel this character brings to the franchise.

Variant worthy?

Variant Worthy: This is a character that you believe is variant worthy. You're willing to purchase different variants of this character even if your favorite version is the first one released. Matty can certainly put them in MOTUC's quarterly variant slot for you.

Not Variant Worthy: You don't feel this character needs any variants whatsoever. You only hope that when they make this character that they get them right the first time around. You do not want to be taken for the ass.

Importance

A-List: Integral to the story and the franchise. MOTU isn't MOTU without them. This is a core character that is extremely important to you. If Mattel doesn't make them, someone will have some serious explaining to do!

B-List: They might not be integral to the story in your eyes but this is an excellent supportive character that helps to round out the story, franchise and your collection.

C-List: You feel this is a good guest star type of character. You don't expect to see them hanging around the supportive crew all the time but you still want to see them show up to lend a helping hand now and then.

D-List: Fills the role of background character and cameo maker for you. You acknowledge their existence but in a very limited way. This is an "okay" character.

Z-List: You'd rather forget about this character entirely. Should they never be mentioned again in MOTU-lore, you would be quite happy. This character would kill teh lien for you.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Variant worthy? Both Filmation's and MYP's Randors are distinctly different from the current MOTUC toy version, so YES! we need variants of him.

Importance? He's Adam/He-Man's father and the King of Eternia; OF COURSE he's an A-list important character.

B-List and variant worthy - but hopefully not for some time.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

B-list because he has to run the kingdom and keep his subjects calm while the Masters do battle. He is also variant worthy since he is the type of king that would go to the front lines when the situation calls for it.

what's funny is I dont particularly need a variant of him, but I can easily see it. He does kinda deserve it.

And I want to say he's an a lister, but really, he isnt. B.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    what's funny is I dont particularly need a variant of him, but I can easily see it. He does kinda deserve it.

And I want to say he's an a lister, but really, he isnt. B.
    Fully agree!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    B-Lister and variant worthy...He-Man is the focus of this story and while I wouldn't necessarily buy any variants of King Randor, I can see there being some validation in them being made.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

OF course he's worthy!!! He's one of the MAIN REASONS why we have Skeletor (in most canons)!!!

So let's have young Capt. Randor and even the 200x-inspired version or maybe let's just even imagine that at one point Randor sought the Sword of HE thinking he was one in the lineage to wield it*

*(Thumbnail Theory)

Heroic Warrior
    I said A list cuz no matter if you have a Prince Adam in your cannon, he is still King/Ruler of Eternia. I also said variant worthy, cuz we could always use either a Filmation, a 200x, or a young King Randor. Possibly a Prince Randor (200x Adam buck) to go along with King Miro.

Variant worthy! I'm waiting for a 200x version more but would welcome a filmation one as well (to pair with Marlena)

To me he shifts from A & B worthy....I'd say a strong B character, his role jumped higher in the MYP series.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

B list; I'd take any of these variants: Captain, Battle Armor, and maybe Filmation-though I could live without that one.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I went with A-list because of his importance to the story. I think variant worthy, but the only worthwhile variant I can really think of would be a young Captain Randor. I know MYP had a different design and the DC comics ahd the older, white haired Randor, but the only variant I really would want/need is Captain Randor/ young Randor from during the Great Unrest and his fight with Keldor.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    variant worthy indeed. myp captain randor & filmation cloak.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I think hes a A-list figure cause hes very important since hes adams dad.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Snappy Threader
    A-List and variant worthy. Filmation style.