Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avengers Movie Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

The Avengers Movie Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ca-100724.html

(L-R) Robert Downey Jr., Clark Gregg, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Director Joss Whedon, Producer and Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige.

They don't mention who plays whom, but I'd previously heard Jeremy Renner's name attached to Hawkeye. I guess Mark Ruffalo is replacing Edward Norton? They mention a character named Agent Coulson, whom I've never heard of. Boo to Black Widow. I hate her. No Hank Pym or The Wasp = Sad Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    (L-R) Robert Downey Jr., Clark Gregg, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Director Joss Whedon, Producer and Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige.

They don't mention who plays whom, but I'd previously heard Jeremy Renner's name attached to Hawkeye. I guess Mark Ruffalo is replacing Edward Norton? They mention a character named Agent Coulson, whom I've never heard of. Boo to Black Widow. I hate her. No Hank Pym or The Wasp = Sad Clown.
    Agent Coulson is Clark Gregg he's an agent of Shield was the liason with TOny Stark in the first movie, appeared again in the second, went to Nevada to check out Thor.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Agent Coulson is Clark Gregg he's an agent of Shield was the liason with TOny Stark in the first movie, appeared again in the second, went to Nevada to check out Thor.
    Oh THAT guy! Yeah, I remember him now... the write up sounds like he's part of the team, though.

Oh THAT guy! Yeah, I remember him now... the write up sounds like he's part of the team, though.
    I guess the way it's being set up he seems to be all the avengers first contact with shield, maybe the movie is going to be more of a shield/avengers mash up of sorts than a straight avengers flick? as its going it seems shield plans on running the avengers.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I guess the way it's being set up he seems to be all the avengers first contact with shield, maybe the movie is going to be more of a shield/avengers mash up of sorts than a straight avengers flick? as its going it seems shield plans on running the avengers.
    If I recall correctly, that's the set-up of The Ultimates, so they're probably following that series more closely than the regular 616 Avengers.

If I recall correctly, that's the set-up of The Ultimates, so they're probably following that series more closely than the regular 616 Avengers.
    We could have seen that with Nick Fury, plus I think its easier to adapt the Ultimates version and story to be close to modern times

Most interested to how they handle the Hulk, cannot really see Ruffalo as Bruce Banner (especially compared to the two previous Hulks) but Marvel rarely has done wrong in the last few years.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

First look at the costumes. Thor looks pretty much the same. Iron man has a round arc reactor and more gray (boo on the latter part) and Captain America is sporting his modern duds. Black Widow has a new suit (might actually be black this time) and we finally get to see Hawkeye, who looks very much like his Ultimates counterpart.

I believe Jeremy Renner was Hawkeye in Thor, at least he looks like the guy who played Clint.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I believe Jeremy Renner was Hawkeye in Thor, at least he looks like the guy who played Clint.
    I guess I meant Hawkeye in uniform.

It looks like a franchise marketing brief image. All of them look very Ultimates.
    Where's this image from?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

It's a marketing image from the Licensing Show they are having Las Vegas. So some costume elements (especially Iron Man) could change from what we see here.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I guess I meant Hawkeye in uniform.
    My response was to Wonderboy in the OP, I realized as I closed it out the dates on when he posted but I was shutting down for the night so didn't come back to mention it.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I have no idea who half of those actors are. I know Robert, Scarlett, Sam, and Chris H. Who are the rest?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I have no idea who half of those actors are. I know Robert, Scarlett, Sam, and Chris H. Who are the rest?
    Clark Greg has been in all the movies since Iron Man he is the shield guy. Chris Evans is both the Human Torch and Captain America.
    Jeremy Renner has a brief Cameo in Thor as Shield Agent Clint Barton (Hawkeye).
    And Mark Ruffalo will be the new Hulk (since actors don't like sticking around for the part, waits for the in movie joke you look different Bruce, new hair cut?)

Jeremy Renner's big break was in The Hurt Locker. The movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture of the Year in 2009 and Jeremy was niminated (but didn't win) Best Actor. Last year he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for The Town. Other than Avengers, he is set to star in Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol (rumored to be taking over the franchise from Tom Cruise), as Hansel in Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters and in The Bourne Legacy, taking over for Matt Damon, who starred in the first three movies in this series.

Mark Ruffalo tends to star mostly in indie movies, his first "big" movie probably being Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Other bigger movies he's been in are Where The Wild Things Are, Date Night and Shutter Island. His biggest achievement was being nominated for Best Supporting Actor last year for The Kids Are All Right.

Yeah Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo both have legit acting talent, they are more on the RDJ level of things (ability wise)

Ironic given their 2 characters will probably have the least need to "act" in the film
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Very low quality teaser

Hey! Here's the a very low quality video of Avengers teaser that is played at the end credits of Captain America

Gosh, waht a week to be a comic fan!

Recently we got DKR teaser, this teaser that shows all the Avengers assembled , way to coool (the extra "O" is cause we write it like that) and later this week we'll have Spider-Man as well.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

How do you not know who those actors are?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    How do you not know who those actors are?
    Ther some blurry close ups to Chris Evans (boxing the punching bag and breaking it), then it approachs Samuel L Jackson.

Then it's a montage that shows some close ups on sleeveless Thor in a table where Cap is sitting across, Fury in fornt of a console of some kind, Banner (I think) taking off his glasses, Iron Man flying (the one with gray details at the shoulders) also IM with same IM2 armor and quite a milisecond close up of Hawkeye shooting an arrow.
    Also there's a sort of agent Smith dude that I cannot recognize.

At the end RD Jr as Tony points out to Chris Hemsworth's arms and say something that I cannot get to hear.

It seems to be the real deal

My feedback thread

I really don’t want to watch that until after Captain America. Must resist………….....

I'm excited. The only part of the movie I can't get excited about is Black Widow. She's ALWAYS bored me and I just don't like the character. Feels like she's just there for her bewbs. For the female(s) I'd much rather see Wasp, Tigra and/or She-Hulk (though that would probably work best first as a Hulk 2 character).
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    At the end RD Jr as Tony points out to Chris Hemsworth's arms and say something that I cannot get to hear.

It seems to be the real deal
    I thought I head RDJ say "Nice Wings" which would make sense given Thor flying in the previous scene

And anyone worried about it spoiling Capt America, it really has nothing to do with the plot of the movie. I mean we already know what Cap looks like and this just shows him punching a bag/working out before Fury approaches him.

It would only be a spoiler or secret if we did not know an Avengers movie was coming

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    ).
    And Mark Ruffalo will be the new Hulk (since actors don't like sticking around for the part, waits for the in movie joke you look different Bruce, new hair cut?)
    Actors don't like sticking to the part? Umm, no, that was all Marvel's doing. Edward Norton was more than willing to continue as Banner. But the head of Marvel's film division is apparently a turd, so talks broke down, and the Marvel jerk decided to just recast.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I really don’t want to watch that until after Captain America. Must resist………….....
    Tried to resist watching it as well, closed the explorer window and went on to other things... 5 minutes later I was back in the forum watching the video

Cool stuff, but hard to see and hear what's going on in some parts. Can't wait to see it in the big screen... wish I didn't have to wait until the 29th for the film to open in my country.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Actors don't like sticking to the part? Umm, no, that was all Marvel's doing. Edward Norton was more than willing to continue as Banner. But the head of Marvel's film division is apparently a turd, so talks broke down, and the Marvel jerk decided to just recast.
    Well that is really one sided, it is true Norton was more than willing to be Hulk but there were tons and tons of reports of the difficulty he gave crew on his movie.

In the end you had to trim ego's and his was the most expendable I am guessing. Its a shame because I think he would have been fantastic with the others they selected.