Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: The Avengers Movie Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

I'm not joining in on the 'he's not dead' chorus, I'm being neutral on that in terms of opinion, but hoping he isn't because I like the character (and the actor).

I just think the dialogue in that particular scene was (if he is dead) unnecessary. if he isn't dead it was a good way of introducing doubt of his death. very minor and subtle but totally on point.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    http://cargocollective.com/jayse/Avengers

Here's a look at the HUDs in Avengers

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I also hated that they supposedly killed of coulson but he went out like a champ. Not saying he SHOULDN'T have died, I just didn't WANT him to.

I too wonder about the line 'the cards were in his locker' was it foreshadowing that he's alive? if not it's a line that wasn't necessary. 'they needed a push' could have been introduced any other way. so it makes me wonder.
    It's pretty good to say if he is not dead its an LMD that "died" or strong rumblings say Coulson becomes the Vision...I don't know why people are not talking that up...That would be cool!

Because it would cheapen his death. Whedon didn't want him to die, it was requested of him. The entire point of Coulson was to bring all the movies and characters together. The LMD thing was a joke Stark made. People also think Ant Man is coming because Loki and Fury kept saying ant and boot.

I think this has only turned into an issue because the actor turned out to be extremely likable on screen.
    Last edited by SCB; June 4, 2012 at 04:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    It's pretty good to say if he is not dead its an LMD that "died" or strong rumblings say Coulson becomes the Vision...I don't know why people are not talking that up...That would be cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Because it would cheapen his death. Whedon didn't want him to die, it was requested of him. The entire point of Coulson was to bring all the movies and characters together. The LMD thing was a joke Stark made. People also think Ant Man is coming because Loki and Fury kept saying ant and boot.

I think this has only turned into an issue because the actor turned out to be extremely likable on screen.
    He also seemed so likable in real life. he was so grateful that the fans took to his character so much, apparently his role was just for Iron Man but was expande due to fan response and he seemed very humble and grateful. It FEELS like a lot of him was in that character. that's one of the biggest reasons I didn't want to see him go! (I was scared he'd buy it in Thor though) anyway whatever happens happens, but I personally hope he's still around someway. good guy, happy to see him work
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    He also seemed so likable in real life. he was so grateful that the fans took to his character so much, apparently his role was just for Iron Man but was expande due to fan response and he seemed very humble and grateful. It FEELS like a lot of him was in that character. that's one of the biggest reasons I didn't want to see him go! (I was scared he'd buy it in Thor though) anyway whatever happens happens, but I personally hope he's still around someway. good guy, happy to see him work
    if nothing else, he's got a minor role in the ultimate spider-man cartoon.

Heroic Warrior
    Haven't read this thread.

Haven't seen the movie.

But I thought I'd post this.

I just saw it this weekend and I gotta say it was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    if nothing else, he's got a minor role in the ultimate spider-man cartoon.
    yeah, but I heard that cartoon is so godawful it hurts! (to be fair I haven't checked it out yet)

Fear is faith in failure

i don't hate the show, but i don't love it either.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Gotta love the secret messages.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

it's like when homer's mom was planting msgs for him in the paper! I wonder if they will even if they didn't intend to, bring him back since it seems fans want him back so bad.
    Last edited by krosfyah; June 13, 2012 at 01:51pm.

Fear is faith in failure

that's great. But if you add a few more names from the movie and arrange them correctly you get the true mastermind behind EVERYTHING

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Great film. Great Action. Great Chemistry Among The Leads. And everyone got to shine. This is how you do an ensemble film, take notes X-Men film franchise. The X-Men films always suffered from being "Wolverine and His Back Up Band", so naturally I was afraid this would degenerate into being little more than "Iron Man & His Amazing Friends", which fortunately it didn't. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Iron Man but I don't want everyone else being short changed just so he can look good.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Joss Whedon has been announced as writer and director of Avengers 2, and if that wasn't good enough he will develop a Marvel TV series for ABC!

This just made my day.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Wow! That's awesome. I figured Marvel would move heaven and earth to get him back. Wasn't sure he'd do it. The TV thing though is awesome on top of it all.

Two words:

Hell Yeah!!!

You think DC is going to copy Marvel in how they went about it with the JL film??

Fear is faith in failure